CATHOLIC BASHING THREAD TITLES

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josiah

Jun 12, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ built ONE Church.
MEN built denominations . . .

I agree. Therefore, He never founded the RCC or any other denomination. The church Jesus founded is the one, holy, catholic, community of BELIEVERS - not any denomination.

Unity is the Body - ALL believing the same things (Rom. 15:6, Phil. 2:2).

Again, you make ABSURD and entirely unsubstantiated claims..... I know hundreds of Catholics and NOT TWO of them agree on all things, so your claim is just absurd. You were better when you claimed that the singular RC Denomination officially, formally, currently, denominationally agrees with NONE but it itself alone in those things that it itself alone currently holds is good for it itself alone to agree with it itself alone concerning. NOW your claim taht all 1.2 billion Catholics are in full agreement is just silly.... ANYONE who knows 2 or more Catholics knows your claim is silly. But go ahead, prove that all 1.2 billion agree on everything. You just change back and forth from one baseless, silly claim to another.

The Catholic Church has never "changed" a single doctrine or dogma.

If the RCC adds a comma or letter, it is therefore CHANGING what was there. I know of no denomination on the planet that has changed its teaching more or more often, which is why it constantly has to put how yet another changed Catechism.

Whereas doctrine develops

... when you make up your mind, let us know.

And you seem to have some absurd idea that if ONE thing doesn't change but something is ADDED, therefore there is no change. Where did you get that absurd idea? Again, Sally gives a recipe for meatloaf. Then in her next cookbook, says to add an onion. Did the recipe change? OF COURSE. Is the meatloaf different. OBVIOUSLY. You need to THINK, my friend.

It appears that YOU don't know a LOT about what Jesus taught . . .

I disagree with you that Jesus' prayer was that no church, denomination, sect or cult would be in unity with any other but ONLY with it itself exclusively - and even that only officially, formally, currently, denominationally, and in those things that it itself alone currently feels is good for it itself to agree with it itself concern (the "unity" the RCC has, the same unity that every other church, denomination, sect and cult on the planet has at least as much as the RC denomination has).

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Um no, EVERYBODY on here does NOT do that and no, I mostly do not agree with what I could stomach reading of your winded tirades. How about I leave you alone and you leave me alone. You have no interest in my posts and I certainly have no interest getting sucked into your strife.
I hope you will one day see the TRUE Gospel and maybe develop some Christ like attributes.
So long
That's okay by me.
Just stay honest about what you say about the Catholic church and I won't have to get involved . . .

Reactions: Nancy

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. Therefore, He never founded the RCC or any other denomination. The church Jesus founded is the one, holy, catholic, community of BELIEVERS - not any denomination.
Actually - the ONLY ones that can trace themselves in an unbroken line of Succession are the Catholics and the Orthodox. NONE of the Protestant sects can go back ANY further than the 16th century . . .
Again, you make ABSURD and entirely unsubstantiated claims..... I know hundreds of Catholics and NOT TWO of them agree on all things, so your claim is just absurd. You were better when you claimed that the singular RC Denomination officially, formally, currently, denominationally agrees with NONE but it itself alone in those things that it itself alone currently holds is good for it itself alone to agree with it itself alone concerning. NOW your claim taht all 1.2 billion Catholics are in full agreement is just silly.... ANYONE who knows 2 or more Catholics knows your claim is silly. But go ahead, prove that all 1.2 billion agree on everything. You just change back and forth from one baseless, silly claim to another.
There is no such thing as an "RC" denomination.
There is no such thing as a "Roman Catholic" denomination.
"Roman" or "Latin" simply refers to the RITE - of which there are TWENTY that make up the Catholic Church - and they are ALL in communion.

The Church has dissenters and dissidents. they're called "Protestants".
A True Catholic believes in what Christ Church teaches.
If the RCC adds a comma or letter, it is therefore CHANGING what was there. I know of no denomination on the planet that has changed its teaching more or more often, which is why it constantly has to put how yet another changed Catechism.
Then show me ONE Catholic doctrine that has "changed" in 2000 years.
Since you keep making this asinine claim - this should be EASY for you . . .
... when you make up your mind, let us know.

And you seem to have some absurd idea that if ONE thing doesn't change but something is ADDED, therefore there is no change. Where did you get that absurd idea? Again, Sally gives a recipe for meatloaf. Then in her next cookbook, says to add an onion. Did the recipe change? OF COURSE. Is the meatloaf different. OBVIOUSLY. You need to THINK, my friend.
Then give me an example.
I disagree with you that Jesus' prayer was that no church, denomination, sect or cult would be in unity with any other but ONLY with it itself exclusively - and even that only officially, formally, currently, denominationally, and in those things that it itself alone currently feels is good for it itself to agree with it itself concern (the "unity" the RCC has, the same unity that every other church, denomination, sect and cult on the planet has at least as much as the RC denomination has).
Uh huh.
The difference is that the Catholic Church was established by Jesus - who is GOD.

YOUR
sect and EVERY ONE of the tens of thousands of perpetually-splintering Protestant sects were started be mere men. some 1500 years later.

B

brakelite

Please explain @BreadOfLife who founded the Celtic church in Britain and why did the Roman Catholic church oppose it? Because they pre-dated the Roman Catholic missionaries that discovered them?
Who founded (clue...Thomas) the first church in Goa and why did they come under the Jesuit inquisitor in the 16th century? They had been surviving quite well as a Christian church for over 1000 years even against Hindu opposition but because they pre-dated the Catholic Portugese they were not to be tolerated?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simple rejection of the truth of Catholic teaching is not "anti-Catholicism."

Inanutshell ~
Catholics proclaim They teach the truth.
Protestants proclaim They teach the truth.

It is the individuals choice to decide whom they trust to believe and associate with.

It is Scripture that proclaims individuals can come to their conclusions of what to believe based on Scriptural verification.

It is when a person resorts to lying about what the Church teaches and practices

This is not completely accurate.

First of all individuals choose what to follow based on MANY things. Parental influence. Family influence. Habit. Curiosity.

Nothing whatsoever proclaims every individual is educated FULLY in the CHURCHES position.

Nothing whatsoever Closes the mouth of a person who is following and participating in either a Catholic or Protestant Church.

When individuals who ARE NOT, FULLY educated in either "CHURCH'S" position BUT elects to OPEN THEIR MOUTH and SPEAK what "THEY" Believe AND FOLLOW.....the LISTENER "presumes" that individual IS SPEAKING "on behalf of their Church teachings'.

For the listener to repeat and disagree with what the speaker says........DOES NOT MAKE THAT PERSON A LIAR! It makes that person in disagreement with what he was told.

The Core belief in both Churches "hinges" on Jesus IS the Christ Messiah.

The aggravation of a discussion, between the two individuals of the two Churches "hinges" on DETAILS.

As history flows into the present, the Knowledge of the DETAILS is studied, and the "understanding" of the Knowledge becomes "updated", AND becomes part of the TEACHING of each Church.

AND....THAT is what THE LEADERSHIP "OF MEN" from the TWO Churches DECIDE SHALL BE TAUGHT and PROMOTED as PART of EACH Churches DOCTRINE.

AND....THAT is what "MEN" out of the EACH Church DISAGREES WITH.

One side or the other CLAIMING the OTHER IS A LIAR IS FALSE. The CLAIM of ONE man of ONE Church to the Other man OF the OTHER Church.......IS DISAGREEMENT!

or invents a new version of history to make their point - THAT is when it becomes Catholic-bashing.

No. Your PRESUMPTION is a person who is NOT Catholic IS INVENTING claims. Yet you FAIL to consider MEN who Claim they ARE CATHOLIC without full knowledge of Catholic Teaching, ARE TEACHING when THEY SPEAK ON BEHALF OF THE Catholc Church!

I have absolutely NO problem with a person who simply disagrees with Catholic doctrine.

Sure you do. A person who declares their Protestant Position on a topic that differs with a Catholic Position, you immediately Call them WRONG. THAT is not "having NO problem", or "simply acknowledging" their disagreement". That IS calling them a liar, without SAYING, "you are a liar".

This, however, is extremely RARE on this forum - and if you were honest about it, you would agree.

Honesty means Being in agreement with YOU?

Again a predisposed implication....IF ONE is in disagreement with a Catholic Position. OF a Catholc MAN...they are wrong, not honest, a liar.

I have NO tolerance for lies aimed at the Catholic Church and will continue to expose them whenever I see them on this forum.

Your INTOLERANCE IS aimed at ANYONE who does not AGREE with you, your understanding, your Church's position....

Because as you repeatedly preface or end a comment to a Protestant in disagreement with you....it is your words that say....

Wrong and Dishonest....which is not a simple disagreement;
but IS a direct accusation of the other being a liar and his beliefs corrupt.

And INANUTSHALL ~ Should a Protestant STAND FOR their own position "in the manner" YOU Stand for your Church...

"THEY" are labeled "BASHING".... BY you.
Yet you DO NOT apply that label to yourself when you DO the same.

You are not thee EXCLUSIVE Catholic Teacher.
Other MEN who are Catholic ALSO TEACH when they open their mouths on behalf of THEIR Catholic Church.
If what THEY SAY IS A LIE...search THEM out and CORRECT THEM.....STOP blasting your accusations at Protestants because you disagree with their beliefs and have been told things BY Catholics THAT your Church supposedly teaches.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Inanutshell ~
Catholics proclaim They teach the truth.
Protestants proclaim They teach the truth.

It is the individuals choice to decide whom they trust to believe and associate with.

It is Scripture that proclaims individuals can come to their conclusions of what to believe based on Scriptural verification.

No - Scripture claims that the Church has the Authority to teach what Scripture and Tradition say (2 Thess. 2:15). It doesn't give the individual leeway to usurp the Church's Authority.
This is not completely accurate.

First of all individuals choose what to follow based on MANY things. Parental influence. Family influence. Habit. Curiosity.
Nothing whatsoever proclaims every individual is educated FULLY in the CHURCHES position.
Nothing whatsoever Closes the mouth of a person who is following and participating in either a Catholic or Protestant Church.
When individuals who ARE NOT, FULLY educated in either "CHURCH'S" position BUT elects to OPEN THEIR MOUTH and SPEAK what "THEY" Believe AND FOLLOW.....the LISTENER "presumes" that individual IS SPEAKING "on behalf of their Church teachings'.
For the listener to repeat and disagree with what the speaker says........DOES NOT MAKE THAT PERSON A LIAR! It makes that person in disagreement with what he was told.
The Core belief in both Churches "hinges" on Jesus IS the Christ Messiah.
The aggravation of a discussion, between the two individuals of the two Churches "hinges" on DETAILS.
As history flows into the present, the Knowledge of the DETAILS is studied, and the "understanding" of the Knowledge becomes "updated", AND becomes part of the TEACHING of each Church.
AND....THAT is what THE LEADERSHIP "OF MEN" from the TWO Churches DECIDE SHALL BE TAUGHT and PROMOTED as PART of EACH Churches DOCTRINE.
AND....THAT is what "MEN" out of the EACH Church DISAGREES WITH.
One side or the other CLAIMING the OTHER IS A LIAR IS FALSE. The CLAIM of ONE man of ONE Church to the Other man OF the OTHER Church.......IS DISAGREEMENT!
No - this is completely accurate.

An anti-Catholic is a person who resorts to lying and perpetuating myths and fairy tales about what the Catholic Church believes and teaches. They purposely misrepresent the Church.
A person who simply "disagrees" with Catholic teaching is NOT an "anti-Catholic."
No. Your PRESUMPTION is a person who is NOT Catholic IS INVENTING claims. Yet you FAIL to consider MEN who Claim they ARE CATHOLIC without full knowledge of Catholic Teaching, ARE TEACHING when THEY SPEAK ON BEHALF OF THE Catholc Church!
No - a person who is inventing revised history can be proven wrong by being shown the actual history.
An anti-Catholic will insist that HIS revisionism is correct - even when he is proven wrong. This has happened to a LOT of you guys on this forum.

One thing about history - it already happened, so you can't lie about it if somebody else knows the truth . . .
Sure you do. A person who declares their Protestant Position on a topic that differs with a Catholic Position, you immediately Call them WRONG. THAT is not "having NO problem", or "simply acknowledging" their disagreement". That IS calling them a liar, without SAYING, "you are a liar".

Honesty means Being in agreement with YOU?

Again a predisposed implication....IF ONE is in disagreement with a Catholic Position. OF a Catholc MAN...they are wrong, not honest, a liar.

Your INTOLERANCE IS aimed at ANYONE who does not AGREE with you, your understanding, your Church's position....

Because as you repeatedly preface or end a comment to a Protestant in disagreement with you....it is your words that say....

Wrong and Dishonest....which is not a simple disagreement;
but IS a direct accusation of the other being a liar and his beliefs corrupt.

And INANUTSHALL ~ Should a Protestant STAND FOR their own position "in the manner" YOU Stand for your Church...

"THEY" are labeled "BASHING".... BY you.
Yet you DO NOT apply that label to yourself when you DO the same.

You are not thee EXCLUSIVE Catholic Teacher.
Other MEN who are Catholic ALSO TEACH when they open their mouths on behalf of THEIR Catholic Church.
If what THEY SAY IS A LIE...search THEM out and CORRECT THEM.....STOP blasting your accusations at Protestants because you disagree with their beliefs and have been told things BY Catholics THAT your Church supposedly teaches.
WRONG on ALL counts.

First of all - when somebody simply "disagrees" with Catholic teaching - I usually leave them alone. It's ONLY when those posts become ANTI-Catholic that I get involved. When somebody had completely misrepresented the Catholic position - Like YOU do on a daily basis.

Honesty has NOTHING to do with being in agreement with ME.
You can be honest and not agree with me at ALL. There are a few - VERY FEW non-Catholics on this forum who are that honest - and I have many charitable conversations with them.

YOU just don't happen to be one of them . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please explain @BreadOfLife who founded the Celtic church in Britain and why did the Roman Catholic church oppose it? Because they pre-dated the Roman Catholic missionaries that discovered them?
Who founded (clue...Thomas) the first church in Goa and why did they come under the Jesuit inquisitor in the 16th century? They had been surviving quite well as a Christian church for over 1000 years even against Hindu opposition but because they pre-dated the Catholic Portugese they were not to be tolerated?
Ahhhhh, yes - the "Celtic Church" in Britain myth.

The MAIN problem you have there - besides the fact that there is NO agreement on the origins of this fairy tale sect - is that there is absolutely ZERO documentation for its establishment. It is all based on several legends.

You have the legend of the anonymous "wandering clergy" who went there in the middle of the 1st century.
You also have the legend that the Apostle Philip, Joseph of Arimathea, Lazarus and Mary Magdalene all sailed to France while Joseph of Arimathea went to England to start that Church.

Although there is clear evidence that the Church existed in Britain early on - that Church was affiliated with Christianity in ROME. After Claudius invaded Britain - it was overrun with ROMANS - including Roman Christians. There is ancient archaeological evidence (pottery, etc) that solidifies this fact.

There are TONS of examples of Christian symbols such as Chi-Rho monograms etched into 1st, 2nd and 3rd century pottery in Britain.

So much for your myths . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - Scripture claims that the Church has the Authority to teach what Scripture and Tradition say (2 Thess. 2:15). It doesn't give the individual leeway to usurp the Church's Authority.

I believe Christ's Church IS a body OF WHO, which ARE converted People, by and though such individual People accepting His Offer to BE Converted by and through Him.

You perpetuate Christ's Church IS a Building made up a body of WHO, which are people who are called Catholics and members of the Catholic Church by and through Catholic traditions and ceremonies.

No - this is completely accurate.

No, it is not.

An anti-Catholic is a person who resorts to lying and perpetuating myths and fairy tales about what the Catholic Church believes and teaches.

Again you fail to comprehend.....even your own claims.
You said you were a "cradle Catholic". A wee baby Catholic...
That is the first point. In the Catholic tradition children are taught THEY ARE CATHOLICS, before they EVER CHOOSE TO BE CATHOLIC!

That second point is....MANY "baby Catholics" DO NOT attend Catholic Schools, or take Catholic "classes" to learn what they ARE SUPPOSED to "claim" on behalf of the Catholic Church.

THEY claim, "they ARE Catholic", attend Church a FEW times a year...occasionally...but certainly on Easter and Christmas...and of course take part in the Catholic traditions and ceremonies.

And? THEY speak for themselves as to HOW THEY Understand AND DO....prayers with their beads, worship to Mary, saying they can not enter Heaven with going THROUGH Her, hand signals across their chest making a cross gesture, commit crimes and then ask the Priests forgiveness, claim the pope IS their Christ on earth, claim they pray TO statues who similitude
Is supposed to be Jesus and Mary also. And a whole host of other claims.

You want to blast Protestants, for repeating what YOUR CATHOLIC BROTHERS have claimed.

Sorry dude, YOU be responsible for your Catholic Brothers and what THEY say....Because I am not.

And you saying...an anti-Catholic is one who lies and perpetuates myths about Catholic teaching......IS funny....
When the lies and myths come from men who are Catholics and AS I POINTED OUT, apparently UNEDUCATED in what they ARE "AS A CATHOLIC"....SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE but missed the "teaching" that TELLS THEM what they are supposed TO BELIEVE!

They purposely misrepresent the Church.

Nonsense. You seem oblivious that ALL Catholics do not believe the EXACT same things, nor make the same Claims.

To PURPOSELY misrepresent "your" Church, one would FIRST have to KNOW precisely all "your" Church's Teaching!

Most protestants are not Interested in "your" Church's teachings. And MANY Catholics Don't KNOW "your" Church's teachings, apparently they also are not "interested". Not my problem.

A person who simply "disagrees" with Catholic teaching is NOT an "anti-Catholic."

Your opinion? Or Catholic teaching?

No - a person who is inventing revised history can be proven wrong by being shown the actual history.

Well that could be debated. Since Catholic History doesn't necessarily MEAN actual history. Remember You are the one who said it was the Catholic Church, (obviously not the building but men in a position to Declare the Churches position,) and THEY were ones who FILLED IN what was supposedly MISSING from Scripture.

An anti-Catholic will insist that HIS revisionism is correct -

And what will a Catholic insist....HIS revisionism is what?
Correct or Wrong ?

So that would make the Catholic and anti-Protestant...?

even when he is proven wrong. This has happened to a LOT of you guys on this forum.

What you fail to comprehend is .... Your perspective is Catholicism IS ALWAYS Correct, and that the problem with Protestants is not ALL men AGREE Catholicism IS ALWAYS Correct.

It is NOT anti anything....It is a disagreement.

One thing about history - it already happened, so you can't lie about it if somebody else knows the truth . . .

History "can not be changed"? Sure it can.
Didn't the Catholics "Change History", by claiming Peter is the First pope?

Peter never claimed to be a pope.
No one appointed Peter a pope.
No one called Peter a pope.
Yet at some point someone within the Catholic Church declared Peter IS the first pope.
That is INVENTED history.

on ALL counts.

First of all - when somebody simply "disagrees" with Catholic teaching - I usually leave them alone.

It's ONLY when those posts become ANTI-Catholic that I get involved.

Which simply means; When they state their position that ALSO happens to NOT be a Catholic position........you get involved and begin your accusatory and derragatory implications....as if that is suppose to convince others your position is correct,
when YOU DO NOT do your so called USUAL!

When somebody had completely misrepresented the Catholic position - Like YOU do on a daily basis.

Oh good grief... I could quote all day long silly nonsense Catholics have told me....and your comeback would be against me....not your own Catholic brother .... already had that experience with you!

Honesty has NOTHING to do with being in agreement with ME.

Sure it is about YOU. You set yourself up for it being about you.
YOU the teacher. YOU the educator. YOU who decides who is Wrong. YOU who decides who is honest. YOU who decides who is Anti-Catholic. YOU who decides a Protestant ONLY has been taught by Catholics. YOU who scours the forums searching for anyone who does not agree with YOU.
Uh, ya, you make it about YOU.

You can be honest and not agree with me at ALL.
And now YOU are going to lecture me on HOW TO BE Honest according to YOU?

Pfft. I don't require your perspective. I am quite capable of being precise in what I do not agree with you, and have done so.

There are a few - VERY FEW non-Catholics on this forum who are that honest

What YOU proclaim is "that honest", (disagreeing with ALL) is nonsense.

- and I have many charitable conversations with them.

Really? You have "charitable" conversations with people who have claimed they disagree with ALL you say. Funny.

Did you first agree on what A "charitable" conversation is? Lol

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The implication is; if it aint Catholic, it's a myth, not of Christ, a lie!! Probably even Moses and Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and the Apostles were Catholic, they just forgot to mention it. :rolleyes:

God Bless,
Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The implication is; if it aint Catholic, it's a myth, not of Christ, a lie!! Probably even Moses and Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and the Apostles were Catholic, they just forgot to mention it.

God Bless,
Taken
No - the implication is that if the Catholic Church doesn't teach something - and YOU say that it DOES - then it's a lie.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - the implication is that if the Catholic Church doesn't teach something - and YOU say that it DOES - then it's a lie.

Apparently you can hear but not understand.

I don't quote or proclaim Catholic Church teachings!!

I have said what YOUR Catholic "brothers" have said. You want to proclaim THEM, anti-Catholic and liars, have at it.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe Christ's Church IS a body OF WHO, which ARE converted People, by and though such individual People accepting His Offer to BE Converted by and through Him.

You perpetuate Christ's Church IS a Building made up a body of WHO, which are people who are called Catholics and members of the Catholic Church by and through Catholic traditions and ceremonies.
Really??
Show me ONE post where I sad that Christ's Church is a "building".

YOUR
problem - as always - is that you can't stop LYING.
Again you fail to comprehend.....even your own claims.
You said you were a "cradle Catholic". A wee baby Catholic...
That is the first point. In the Catholic tradition children are taught THEY ARE CATHOLICS, before they EVER CHOOSE TO BE CATHOLIC!

That second point is....MANY "baby Catholics" DO NOT attend Catholic Schools, or take Catholic "classes" to learn what they ARE SUPPOSED to "claim" on behalf of the Catholic Church.

THEY claim, "they ARE Catholic", attend Church a FEW times a year...occasionally...but certainly on Easter and Christmas...and of course take part in the Catholic traditions and ceremonies.

And? THEY speak for themselves as to HOW THEY Understand AND DO....prayers with their beads, worship to Mary, saying they can not enter Heaven with going THROUGH Her, hand signals across their chest making a cross gesture, commit crimes and then ask the Priests forgiveness, claim the pope IS their Christ on earth, claim they pray TO statues who similitude
Is supposed to be Jesus and Mary also. And a whole host of other claims.

You want to blast Protestants, for repeating what YOUR CATHOLIC BROTHERS have claimed.

Sorry dude, YOU be responsible for your Catholic Brothers and what THEY say....Because I am not.

And you saying...an anti-Catholic is one who lies and perpetuates myths about Catholic teaching......IS funny....
When the lies and myths come from men who are Catholics and AS I POINTED OUT, apparently UNEDUCATED in what they ARE "AS A CATHOLIC"....SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE but missed the "teaching" that TELLS THEM what they are supposed TO BELIEVE!
And the SAME was true for Jews i the Old covenant.

Do you think that an 8-day-old boy had the CHOICE to have his foreskin chopped off??
Just as a Jewish child is raised in the faith of His parents - the Catholic child is raised in the faith of HIS/HER parents.
Nonsense. You seem oblivious that ALL Catholics do not believe the EXACT same things, nor make the same Claims.
To PURPOSELY misrepresent "your" Church, one would FIRST have to KNOW precisely all "your" Church's Teaching!
Most protestants are not Interested in "your" Church's teachings. And MANY Catholics Don't KNOW "your" Church's teachings, apparently they also are not "interested". Not my problem.
And this is why I constantly expose you for being dishonest.

YOU
can be shown a teaching right out of the Catechism - and in your very next post, you pretend that you were NEVER shown this evidence and continue to perpetuate your lie.

THAT
is anti-Catholicism - and it's pathetic . . .
Your opinion? Or Catholic teaching?

No - simple logic.
Well that could be debated. Since Catholic History doesn't necessarily MEAN actual history. Remember You are the one who said it was the Catholic Church, (obviously not the building but men in a position to Declare the Churches position,) and THEY were ones who FILLED IN what was supposedly MISSING from Scripture.
This is probably your most stupid argument yet.

Isn't it EVERY church's responsibility to state their position??
Wouldn't you go to a Lutheran source to find out what they teach?? OR a Presbyterian source for their teachings - etc.??

What a moronic argument . . .
What you fail to comprehend is .... Your perspective is Catholicism IS ALWAYS Correct, and that the problem with Protestants is not ALL men AGREE Catholicism IS ALWAYS Correct.

It is NOT anti anything....It is a disagreement.
No - only where I can PROVE it.
That's the whole point - YOU perpetuate your lies even when you are PROVEN wrong.

That's not just "anti-Catholic" - it's anti-intellectual . . .
History "can not be changed"? Sure it can.
Didn't the Catholics "Change History", by claiming Peter is the First pope?

Peter never claimed to be a pope.
No one appointed Peter a pope.
No one called Peter a pope.
Yet at some point someone within the Catholic Church declared Peter IS the first pope.
That is INVENTED history.
No - that's just stupid logic.

The word "Pope" is a development over the centuries. It is NO different than the Holy Scriptures being later referred to as "The Bible".

"Pope" is taken from the Latin word "Papa", which simply means "Father".
It's a term of endearment - NOT a title.

Was Peter named "Cephas"?? Then WHY does Paul refer to him as "Cephas"??
Was Paul "changing" history??

Good grief - do your homework . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which simply means; When they state their position that ALSO happens to NOT be a Catholic position........you get involved and begin your accusatory and derragatory implications....as if that is suppose to convince others your position is correct,

when YOU DO NOT do your so called USUAL!
No - it ONLY when people LIE about what the Catholic Church teaches.
Being as dishonest as you are - I can understand how difficult this is for you to grasp . . .
Oh good grief... I could quote all day long silly nonsense Catholics have told me....and your comeback would be against me....not your own Catholic brother .... already had that experience with you!
Then DO your homework before you post, Einstein.
I NEVER lie about what Protestants teach because I DO my homework.
Sure it is about YOU. You set yourself up for it being about you.
YOU the teacher. YOU the educator. YOU who decides who is Wrong. YOU who decides who is honest. YOU who decides who is Anti-Catholic. YOU who decides a Protestant ONLY has been taught by Catholics. YOU who scours the forums searching for anyone who does not agree with YOU.
Uh, ya, you make it about YOU.
And now YOU are going to lecture me on HOW TO BE Honest according to YOU?
Pfft. I don't require your perspective. I am quite capable of being precise in what I do not agree with you, and have done so.
What YOU proclaim is "that honest", (disagreeing with ALL) is nonsense.
Really? You have "charitable" conversations with people who have claimed they disagree with ALL you say. Funny.
Did you first agree on what A "charitable" conversation is? Lol
I've told you at LEAST a hundred times: If you don't want me to humiliate you any more - then STOP LYING.
I will go away when I see the need for me to be here is gone.

There ARE those few here that don't feel the need to lie - and they will be dealt with in kind.
Those, like YOU - who are here simply to perpetuate myths and lies about Catholics will continue to be severely Scripturally AND historically spanked . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently you can hear but not understand.
I don't quote or proclaim Catholic Church teachings!!
I have said what YOUR Catholic "brothers" have said. You want to proclaim THEM, anti-Catholic and liars, have at it.
Yes - WITHOUT doing your homework to see if they were correct.
Perpetuating lies about ANYBODY is gossiping (bearing FALSE witness).

Ummmmmm, and I thought you said that you "NEVER" sin anymore . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
RUBBISH.

First of all - it is almost a scholarly foregone conclusion that Paul didn't write the Book of Hebrews.

It is already common knowledge, "THEY", the Preachers, Teachers, Apostles, DID NOT DO THE WRITING OF SCRIPTURE.

The Scribes Wrote...as "THEY" Spoke.
The Recorders transcribe the Scribes "writings" onto Scrolls and "books".

Those writings were Copied and distributed to other Jewish communities.

Burned Scripts were rewritten by Hebrews/Jews from memory.

Scrolls were kept, hidden, stolen, burned, throughout history. And safe-guarded Scrolls and discovered Scrolls have been transcribed into Books of multiple languages and distributed.

And the transcribed "books" continue to this day to be copied and transcribed....without access to original scrolls....and DO have the authors OWN leanings of understanding.

To argue over WHO wrote a particular book in the Bible is silly. It was probably an unnamed scribe or recorder, writing in their flare of how they chose to put things into words.

The AUTHOR is Jesus. The one in agreement WITH what was Written by the Hebrews and Jews, IS GOD, since it comes from His IN-SPIRIT-ion.

That being said - the author was speaking about works of the LAW, which Jesus fulfilled.

Catholics DO believe in the finished work of Jesus on the cross. Who do you think told the world about this fact?

Jewish men.

What sets us apart is the Biblical teaching that we must COOPERATE with God's grace in order to remain faithful.

Well, First of all that IS NOT a biblical teaching to Gentiles.

THAT was a historical teaching TO Hebrews and Jews WHO had NOT the INDWELLING Spirit of God, and Had to "remain" faithful BY keeping obedience TO THE LAW....get their yearly Forgiveness....and try again.

And secondly those who have become Converted, ARE IN Christ, and His indwelling Spirit in such man.

They do not BY ANY MEANS of their own...
REMAIN FAITHFUL. They Remain Faithful BECAUSE they gave their Life TO the Lord that forever He would, BY, His indwelling power, KEEP THEM FaithFUL.

You don't get to simply "believe" - then sit on your fanny and do whatever you please in this life.

Lots of people do exactly that!
Lots of people "believe"....
Jesus requires a Conversion....which is effected WHEN a heartful believing man calls on the Lord TO CONVERT Him.

He stated that ONLY the one who DOES the will of the Father will be saved.

DOES WHAT? Duh...DOES call on the Lord to become Converted!

That is not a WORK, it is a Submission!

A man making a SUBMISSION, is NOT CONVERTED, He is submitting TO receiving a Conversion.

Such a man CAN NOT DO WORKS pleasing unto God UNTIL AFTER Conversion!!

Hmmmmm - "DOES" . . . . sounds like WORK to me.

Then you teach....a man has to KEEP his Conversion effective, BY Doing Works, which you call cooperating.

Sure IF you are Under the Law.
No IF you are NOT Under the Law.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is already common knowledge, "THEY", the Preachers, Teachers, Apostles, DID NOT DO THE WRITING OF SCRIPTURE.
The Scribes Wrote...as "THEY" Spoke.
The Recorders transcribe the Scribes "writings" onto Scrolls and "books".

Those writings were Copied and distributed to other Jewish communities.

Burned Scripts were rewritten by Hebrews/Jews from memory.

Scrolls were kept, hidden, stolen, burned, throughout history. And safe-guarded Scrolls and discovered Scrolls have been transcribed into Books of multiple languages and distributed.

And the transcribed "books" continue to this day to be copied and transcribed....without access to original scrolls....and DO have the authors OWN leanings of understanding.

To argue over WHO wrote a particular book in the Bible is silly. It was probably an unnamed scribe or recorder, writing in their flare of how they chose to put things into words.

The AUTHOR is Jesus. The one in agreement WITH what was Written by the Hebrews and Jews, IS GOD, since it comes from His IN-SPIRIT-ion.
Actually - that is false.
I don't know of ONE Scripture scholar who believes that Paul didn't write his own letters.
Jewish men.
Jewish and Gentile Catholics . . .
Well, First of all that IS NOT a biblical teaching to Gentiles.
THAT was a historical teaching TO Hebrews and Jews WHO had NOT the INDWELLING Spirit of God, and Had to "remain" faithful BY keeping obedience TO THE LAW....get their yearly Forgiveness....and try again.
And secondly those who have become Converted, ARE IN Christ, and His indwelling Spirit in such man.
They do not BY ANY MEANS of their own...
REMAIN FAITHFUL. They Remain Faithful BECAUSE they gave their Life TO the Lord that forever He would, BY, His indwelling power, KEEP THEM FaithFUL.
And that is another lie . . .

Paul taught that we cooperate with God's grace.
He calls us "Co-WORKERS" (sunergos) with God (1 Cor. 3:9, 2 Cor. 6:1)
Lots of people do exactly that!
Lots of people "believe"....
Jesus requires a Conversion....which is effected WHEN a heartful believing man calls on the Lord TO CONVERT Him.
God gives us the TOOLS to endure in faith.
He doesn't endure in faith FOR us.

If you believe that - then you believe in a different Gospel and a different god . . .
DOES WHAT? Duh...DOES call on the Lord to become Converted!
That is not a WORK, it is a Submission!
A man making a SUBMISSION, is NOT CONVERTED, He is submitting TO receiving a Conversion.
Such a man CAN NOT DO WORKS pleasing unto God UNTIL AFTER Conversion!!
DOES the will of the Father.
In the Lesson of the Sheep and the Goats we SEE what the will of the Father is. It is charity and love for our neighbor.

If you're not DOING His will - then you are working AGAINST His will. EITHER way - you are working.
Good luck with that . . .
Then you teach....a man has to KEEP his Conversion effective, BY Doing Works, which you call cooperating.

Sure IF you are Under the Law.
No IF you are NOT Under the Law.
WRONG.

We must USE the tools that are given us - the grace to not only believe - but to LOVE and to SERVE.
If you're NOT loving and serving - you're like the Goats who are condemned in Matt. 25:46 . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really??
Show me ONE post where I sad that Christ's Church is a "building".

YOUR
problem - as always - is that you can't stop LYING.

And the SAME was true for Jews i the Old covenant.

Do you think that an 8-day-old boy had the CHOICE to have his foreskin chopped off??
Just as a Jewish child is raised in the faith of His parents - the Catholic child is raised in the faith of HIS/HER parents.

And this is why I constantly expose you for being dishonest.

YOU
can be shown a teaching right out of the Catechism - and in your very next post, you pretend that you were NEVER shown this evidence and continue to perpetuate your lie.

THAT
is anti-Catholicism - and it's pathetic . . .

No - simple logic.

This is probably your most stupid argument yet.

Isn't it EVERY church's responsibility to state their position??
Wouldn't you go to a Lutheran source to find out what they teach?? OR a Presbyterian source for their teachings - etc.??

What a moronic argument . . .

No - only where I can PROVE it.
That's the whole point - YOU perpetuate your lies even when you are PROVEN wrong.

That's not just "anti-Catholic" - it's anti-intellectual . . .

No - that's just stupid logic.

The word "Pope" is a development over the centuries. It is NO different than the Holy Scriptures being later referred to as "The Bible".

"Pope" is taken from the Latin word "Papa", which simply means "Father".
It's a term of endearment - NOT a title.

Was Peter named "Cephas"?? Then WHY does Paul refer to him as "Cephas"??
Was Paul "changing" history??

Good grief - do your homework . . .

Nothing new ~

Use your mindful logic to conclude your understanding.
Declare others are liars and dishonest when Gods Truth does not yeild to your minds logic.

You are without understanding the Lord desires His People to have.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - it ONLY when people LIE about what the Catholic Church teaches.
Being as dishonest as you are - I can understand how difficult this is for you to grasp . . .

Then DO your homework before you post, Einstein.
I NEVER lie about what Protestants teach because I DO my homework.

I've told you at LEAST a hundred times: If you don't want me to humiliate you any more - then STOP LYING.
I will go away when I see the need for me to be here is gone.

There ARE those few here that don't feel the need to lie - and they will be dealt with in kind.
Those, like YOU - who are here simply to perpetuate myths and lies about Catholics will continue to be severely Scripturally AND historically spanked . . .

Nothing new ~
Same old Foolish Repetitive accusations VOID of proof.

Seems that is the Way with Catholicity; repeat, repeat, repeat; Hail Mary, Hail Mary, Hail Mary.....

Too bad you were not taught the Truth.

1 Cor 1:2
Call upon the name of the Lord....

Mary, Mary, Mary.... is not the Lord!

Caihechism of the Catholic Church.
"I believe IN the holy CATHOLIC Church".
Article 9

Scripture? Christ's Church is called the holy Catholic Church?

" Mary...taken to Heaven ...Body & Soul"..

Scripture?

Mary ---> "she brings us gifts of eternal salvation"

Scripture?

"The Mother. Of God", to whose Protection the faithful fly in ALL their dangers and needs"..

Scripture?

Scripture or Catholicity Propaganda taught, repeated, over and over to young impressionable minds?

God IS WITHOUT Mother or Father!
Departed SOULS of the faithful go to Heaven.
The Lord distributes His Gifts to those who call ON His Name.

You have been duped.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes - WITHOUT doing your homework to see if they were correct.
Perpetuating lies about ANYBODY is gossiping (bearing FALSE witness).

Ummmmmm, and I thought you said that you "NEVER" sin anymore . . .

Homework according to you, has been pointing men to go read Caichechism literature.... UGH! One needs a sweet roll to get through reading Caichechism sour nonsense.