CATHOLIC BASHING THREAD TITLES

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Bro, very well said. It nearly encompasses all I've thought about and written on this subject and you have captured it here so well. Being a former Catholic, as you were aswell, I really do understand the words and thoughts you are emitting to the general audience. They are genuine as far as I'm concerned. There always seems to be some 'wiggle room' or a 'way out' for RCCs in any argument or conversation when placed in a corner that usually they themselves place themselves in, not I or you. I wonder why? Of course I know the answer and it's too long to explain here. Just want to say they place the interpretation of scripture second to their Catechism and traditions.
Being an ex-Catholic turned anti-Catholic does not qualify you to invent myths, lies and fairy tales about what Catholics supposedly teach[/quote] -
No one can say any differently to me on this subject.
Nothing is harder to open than a closed mind.
I've experience too much in my life to say that it is not true. I have gained solid empirical and first-hand knowledge...even being on this site has provided me with more of it - of the same.
You have gained solid empirical and first-hand anti-Catholic lies. "Just want to say they place the interpretation of scripture second to their Catechism and traditions" is a classic example of anti-Catholic ignorance and stupidity.
As a part of this discussion, I know and knew of MANY RCCs that did not believe in say Purgatory, BEING saved, and the 'mass' doing anything for their own salvation. Many were confused about their religion.
There are many idiots in Protestantism as well. It does not make them right.
Many stayed in the RCC religion because they were afraid to stray because of family, colleagues, the fear that God was actually RCC etc. Some just liked the club name and having a worldly leader, boosting their ego and pride in being part of the largest 'Christian' religion that they did not really understand, and never will!
This is pure bigotry and it's disgusting.
It would be great to hear from a typical RCC that says they do not believe or believe in this part of their religion or out of their religion. I'm not truly a Protestant although I voice my differences with Protestantism all the time. Like the creeds, the trinity model and infant baptism and even salvation issues. It comes from the heart with pure honesty as part of genuine expectant learning experience. People learn this way and I have had to correct myself more than twice (many more times over the years) when proven wrong on my 'opinions.' It is spiritually healthy in my books.
If the CC is as bad as you claim, why are your best scholars and ministers becoming Catholic? They never read the Bible???

How Our Story Began
The CHNetwork began in 1993 out of the seemingly isolated experiences of Marcus and Marilyn Grodi and several other Protestant clergy and their spouses. Upon leaving their pastorates to enter the Catholic Church, they discovered with surprise that there were many others being drawn by the Holy Spirit to take the same journey.

Since then, the Coming Home Network has connected with thousands of other pastors and laypeople from a variety of denominational backgrounds. Humbly, we share with you the stories of how the Holy Spirit moved us toward the Catholic Church and the unity for which He prayed.
The Coming Home Network - Discover Catholicism, Come Home

It appears you have been left behind.

anticatholicism.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That all may be true, but has nothing to do with the debates that are ongoing within these forums. No-one here is criticising Catholicism because of any inherent misogyny. Nor is Catholicism the butt of harsh satire in these forums. Nor is anyone claiming that the church is the deadly enemy to women. No-one is arguing against Rome's long held stand against abortion...nor her many generous charities and good works.
No, most of the debate here centers on soteriology and eschatology. Matters that the secular world and Hollywood have no connection with. Anti-Catholicism in the world is not our concern. If the world sees your church as a stereotypical bully or arch-conservative or whatever, that is not our business. Our own churches receive no less...in fact far more for some of us. Stop whining. Some depictions of the Catholic church from Hollywood are actually quite favourable. I have often said, if a Christian is to be criticised at all, let it be for righteousness sake, then don't moan. Let it not be because you are an idiot. IN that case, stop being an idiot.

I think one of the main problems involved in failing to resolve Protestant/Catholic issues is found within the nature of Protestantism; it must have an enemy. in fact, Protestant churches encourage their members to not look at catholic teachings as they are taught by the church - instead, they have redefined the teachings in the most negative light possible. God forbid if you actually see a Catholic perspective on a issue! Remember, viewing the Catholic Church as anything less than the Beast is weak faith.

Reactions: epostle1

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

How Can Catholicism Be True When Catholics Are So Dead?

Most of the Catholics I know don't take it seriously. They're worldly and secular and they don't seem to care about Jesus or the Gospel at all.

G.K. Chesterton once said that the best argument against Christianity is Christians. That is certainly true of Catholicism. Pope John Paul II, putting it politely, says, "The Catholic Church does not forget that many among her members cause God's plan to be discernible only with difficulty." (Ut Unum Sint, 11). But is that really an argument against the truth of the faith? I don't see how. To argue that Catholicism is untrue because it doesn't transform the lives of those who don't practice it, is like arguing that aspirin doesn't work because it doesn't relieve the headaches of those who don't take it.

My family claims to be Catholic, but they don't take it seriously, either.

Try to remember that many people are Catholic by default. If you ask them what they are, they'll say, "Oh, I'm Catholic." But what they mean is, "My ancestors were Catholic." It's more an ethnicity than a religion for some people. It's what they are, not what they believe.

I agree with the basic teachings and traditions of the Catholic Church. But, I am still in the Baptist church. That is because I don't see enough fruits coming from the Catholic Church.

Actually, it's an individual (not a church) that's supposed to produce good fruit. A church can only proclaim the Gospel and introduce people to the One Who alone can make them bear fruit, but it can't make people believe its teachings, and it can't make people live its life. Good fruit, then, is how we tell if an individual is a faithful disciple. The fact is, you can find plenty of good fruit in the Catholic Church, and you can find plenty of good fruit in the various Protestant churches, too. And that's because the secret to bearing fruit is to have a living, vital relationship with Jesus Christ, who is the source of all grace and life. And because the Catholic Church has been endowed with the fullness of the means of grace that Christ established, a Catholic is able to have the closest possible relationship with Jesus, including even the reality of physical communion with Him.

But notice I say, "is able to have," not "is guaranteed to have." There are indeed plenty of people who call themselves Catholic, but who refuse to believe the Church's teachings, refuse to obey its precepts, and refuse to live the life it calls them to live. Not surprisingly, these people aren't magically converted into living saints just by walking through the Church door. So, if you want to look for fruit, be sure you look on the tree. You can't expect to find fruit on the dried-up branches that have severed themselves from the tree, and that are strewn all about it. I'll be the first to admit that the Catholic faith doesn't work if you don't practice it. It doesn't work by osmosis, or by genetics, or by proximity. You actually have to believe it, and live it. You have to have a living relationship with the Lord Jesus in order to bear fruit, and many "Catholics" have rejected that relationship, despite being given every opportunity to embrace it.

How can the Catholic Church's claims be true when so many Catholics are so dead?

The Church only claims to announce the Good News of Jesus Christ, and it invites everyone to embrace the life of grace He offers.
eing born to Catholic parents guarantees that a person will inherit his parents' faith. If you want to see the fruit of the Catholic faith, you have to look at the people who are committed to the faith, who take it seriously and put it into practice every day. It's pointless to look at those who are cultural Catholics only, who say they're Catholic if you ask them, but who don't try to live the life, even though they
may go to Mass out of habit, or guilt, or whatever. People aren't magically transformed into good Christians just by walking into a Catholic church (even if they do it every week). Repentance and conversion of heart are the keys to the Christian life. Without them, everything else is sterile and false, whether one calls oneself "Catholic" or not.

I don't see many truly saved people with transformed lives; instead I see many cultural Catholics that think going to Mass one hour a week will get them into Heaven even though they are living otherwise sinful lives.

I've known such people. It's truly sad. But to compare the best Evangelicals with the worst Catholics is hardly fair. If you want to see the real fruit of the Catholic faith, look at the people who actually put it into practice. As you know, the Catholic Church has produced some of the greatest, most on-fire saints the world has ever known. Some of them converted whole nations to Christ. We still marvel at their faith and holiness many centuries after they died.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...within the nature of Protestantism; it must have an enemy.
This is really stretching it. If Protestant churches would be busy with what they should be doing, they would not have time to sit and analyze Catholic doctrines.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He refined His position shortly thereafter, to say that He was somewhat against 5 out of 7 of the churches

Hi Scott,
Speaking of the 7 churches... Have you noticed Smyrna?
Polycarp was the bishop of Smyrna, and in his letter to the Phillipians he said:
Both you and Ignatius wrote to me, that if any one went [from this] into Syria, he should carry your letter with him; which request I will attend to if I find a fitting opportunity, either personally, or through some other acting for me, that your desire may be fulfilled. The Epistles of Ignatius written by him to us, and all the rest [of his Epistles] which we have by us, we have sent to you, as you requested. They are subjoined to this Epistle, and by them you may be greatly profited; for they treat of faith and patience, and all things that tend to edification in our Lord. Any more certain information you may have obtained respecting both Ignatius himself, and those that were with him, have the goodness to make known to us.

So then, Jesus commends Smyrna, and Smyrna commends Antioch.

I would encourage everyone to give Ignatius of Antioch's letters a thouough reading.

Peace!

Reactions: ScottA

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being an ex-Catholic turned anti-Catholic does not qualify you to invent myths, lies and fairy tales about what Catholics supposedly teach
- Nothing is harder to open than a closed mind. You have gained solid empirical and first-hand anti-Catholic lies. "Just want to say they place the interpretation of scripture second to their Catechism and traditions" is a classic example of anti-Catholic ignorance and stupidity.
There are many idiots in Protestantism as well. It does not make them right.This is pure bigotry and it's disgusting.
If the CC is as bad as you claim, why are your best scholars and ministers becoming Catholic? They never read the Bible???

How Our Story Began
The CHNetwork began in 1993 out of the seemingly isolated experiences of Marcus and Marilyn Grodi and several other Protestant clergy and their spouses. Upon leaving their pastorates to enter the Catholic Church, they discovered with surprise that there were many others being drawn by the Holy Spirit to take the same journey.

Since then, the Coming Home Network has connected with thousands of other pastors and laypeople from a variety of denominational backgrounds. Humbly, we share with you the stories of how the Holy Spirit moved us toward the Catholic Church and the unity for which He prayed.
The Coming Home Network - Discover Catholicism, Come Home

It appears you have been left behind.

anticatholicism.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry your are offended because of your ignorance, or lack of knowledge. I cannot soften the blows of truth the sere the robotic and hardened mind. Reacting childishly is not the answer. Given me some intelligence feedback and I will then listen.
You should also stop showing malice in your words. It does not help your cause. Displaying large slogans such as this one: " Anti-Catholicism is a tradition of man proved my points, above. What is your goal here on this site?

Bless you,

APAK

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is really stretching it. If Protestant churches would be busy with what they should be doing, they would not have time to sit and analyze Catholic doctrines.

Even their name tells the world that they are opposed, rather about what they believe - their doctrine is oppositional

Reactions: epostle1

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly.
1 Peter 2:23 NIV

I try not to Engage in beating people, and so it seam's that the poster of this thread will claim that the Gate's of Hell will not Prevail against His Church, and all the while out here Rattling Saber's to Defend IT. No Matter what other's say if you are in the will of the Father then you need no Defense.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Scott,
Speaking of the 7 churches... Have you noticed Smyrna?
Polycarp was the bishop of Smyrna, and in his letter to the Phillipians he said:
Both you and Ignatius wrote to me, that if any one went [from this] into Syria, he should carry your letter with him; which request I will attend to if I find a fitting opportunity, either personally, or through some other acting for me, that your desire may be fulfilled. The Epistles of Ignatius written by him to us, and all the rest [of his Epistles] which we have by us, we have sent to you, as you requested. They are subjoined to this Epistle, and by them you may be greatly profited; for they treat of faith and patience, and all things that tend to edification in our Lord. Any more certain information you may have obtained respecting both Ignatius himself, and those that were with him, have the goodness to make known to us.

So then, Jesus commends Smyrna, and Smyrna commends Antioch.

I would encourage everyone to give Ignatius of Antioch's letters a thouough reading.

Peace!
Yes, this is God "all in all" at work in those who are "in Him."

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How can I move from such a dynamic soul-winning church that I am in now into such a seemingly dead church seemingly full of untransformed people?

Before I became Catholic, I asked myself the same question, because I'd heard all sorts of horror stories about how dead the Catholic Church was, and since I'd known several Catholics who were as worldly as any pagan, I believed them. So as I became more and more convinced that the Catholic Church taught the truth, I thought, "But Lord, they're all so dead." And then I remembered His words: "What is that to you? You follow me." And I realized that it really wasn't important whether the guy in the pew next to me was living the faith, it was important whether I was. It was as if the Lord was saying to me, "You need to follow the truth, even if you're the only one who does."

Happily, my fears turned out to be unfounded. I've met plenty of on-fire Catholics since I've joined the Church, and I've found several local parishes where the faith is truly lived and preached.

A girl that I am friends with, who has little knowledge of the theological issues between Catholics and Protestants said simply, "I am not a Catholic because they don't emphasize a personal relationship with Jesus." I am sure that many committed catholics such as yourself have vastly different experiences, but you must admit, the problem of simply going through the motions with little understanding of the significance seems rampant in the Church. Am I being unfair?

Yes. As I said, you're comparing the best Evangelicals with the worst Catholics. But I do think it's easier to be a nominal Catholic than to be a nominal Evangelical. Catholicism is an embodied faith. It's very physical, expressing itself through signs and meaningful rituals and practices. Ideally, those practices are joyful ways of expressing the interior reality of God's grace in our lives. They give form and substance to the reality of our faith. But if that reality isn't there, it's still possible to go through the physical motions of the faith because of habit, or whatever. In other words, it's possible to mistake faith's expression for faith itself, as if the outward signs of our faith, and not the reality they are meant to express, are what's important. That does happen, and it's a shame, because going through the motions won't get anybody to Heaven.

On the other hand, Evangelicalism is largely devoid of physicality. It is a religion almost exclusively characterized by intellectual commitment. Therefore, if you don't have that commitment, there's nothing else there, so you leave. This is good in the sense that it focuses on the primary importance of belief and conversion of heart, and because it's more difficult to fool yourself into thinking you're a "good Christian" when you're not, but Evangelicals really are missing something by not having a rich physical tradition with which to express their faith. When you combine real interior faith with meaningful exterior expression, the result is incredible, believe me. And the best Catholics, like the best Evangelicals, know that a personal relationship with Jesus is the goal of the Christian life. We just have a whole lot of ways to express and experience that relationship.

I spent a summer in Mexico City and a semester in Santiago de Compostela, but with the exception of one little old lady, for all of the students that I met, I can't say that I met any committed Catholics, and this in Catholic countries where virtually everyone would at least say that they are Catholics.

Well, what else would you expect in a "Catholic country"? In some countries, Catholicism is the "default religion." It's what you say you are when someone asks, even if you haven't set foot in a church in years. It's the same with Protestant Christianity in this country. If you ask most Americans what religion they are, they'll say "Well, gee, I'm not Jewish, I'm not Moslem, I'm not Hindu, so I guess I must be Christian." In this country, Christianity is the default religion. And if you ask these people whether they're Catholic or Protestant, most will say "Well, I'm not Catholic, so I guess I must be Protestant." Protestantism is the default version of Christianity in this country. But it would hardly be fair to judge Protestantism based on the people who, if pressed, would say they're Protestants, but who may never have seen the inside of a church, or read a single verse of Scripture. Same goes for judging Catholicism by the so-called Catholics in "Catholic countries."

And yet the Evangelicals that I met almost always were "set apart," meaning they read their Bibles, took their faith seriously, etc.

In a nominally Catholic country, wouldn't you expect the Evangelicals to stand out? And since they've deliberately chosen a religion other than the default religion, wouldn't you expect them to take it more seriously than those who've opted for the default just out of habit or family tradition?

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Even their name tells the world that they are opposed, rather about what they believe - their doctrine is oppositional
It seems that the Reformers did not go far enough in their opposition to the religion of Rome. They did not seriously challenge some of the ideas of Augustine, and they even persecuted the Anabaptists.

B

brakelite

The prefix 'pro' in the word Protestant means for. It is not negative. It is for the testimony. For scripture, as opposed to the traditions of men. Being for anything naturally invites opposition from forces opposed to that which you support, in the instance of religion, those who uphold any hermeneutic that requires participation at a level of authority which usurps the teaching ministry of the spirit of Christ in the individual believer. So the conflict arises not from the Protestant who claims to understand scripture through the holy Spirit, but from the Catholic who claims his church has the authority to demand submission from all who name the name of Christ to the teachings of the magisterium.
Now I know BoL and Kepha/epostle will decry such is the case, claiming this as another Protestant lie. But the history of the wars and persecutions against the Celtic church in Britain, the Arians, the Waldenses, the Hussites and Albigenses etc proclaims otherwise. Anyone who teaches that Christ can be known, and the truth be taught, if that truth differs from the Vatican mainstream, makes themselves a target.
in fact, Protestant churches encourage their members to not look at catholic teachings as they are taught by the church - instead, they have redefined the teachings in the most negative light possible.
That is quite unnecessary. Truth can stand scrutiny. No need to put anything in a bad light if the original is error. Catholic teaching in its pure unadulterated form is bad enough and easy enough to refute Biblically. But like I said, it is a waste of time for a Protestant to present scripture in order to discredit Catholic teaching. Catholic teaching isn't based on scripture without tradition, therefore the Catholic will remain unmoved by the Protestants' 'protestations', regardless of whether those protestations are true or not. Tradition plays far too great a role in the formulation of Catholic doctrine for it to compare favourably with scripture. Unfortunately, some of those traditions were inherited by Protestants, so really most Protestants haven't a leg to stand on. I guess that is why some of them are returning to Mum.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It seems that the Reformers did not go far enough in their opposition to the religion of Rome. They did not seriously challenge some of the ideas of Augustine, and they even persecuted the Anabaptists.
Melanchthon accepted the chairmanship of the secular inquisition that suppressed the Anabaptists in Germany with imprisonment or death. . . . he was convinced that God had destined all Anabaptists to hell. (Durant, 423)

The persecution of the Anabaptists began in Zurich . . . The penalties enjoined by the Town Council of Zurich (Melanchthon) were ‘drowning, burning, or beheading,’ according as it seemed advisable . . . ‘It is our will,’ the Council proclaimed, ‘that wherever they be found, whether singly or in companies, they shall be drowned to death, and that none of them shall be spared.’ (Janssen, V, 153-157)

[Queen] Elizabeth . . . is on record for the burning of two Dutch Anabaptists in 1575. (Hughes, 143)

Martin Bucer . . . though anxious to be regarded as considerate and peaceable . . . advocated quite openly ‘the power of the authorities over consciences’. He never rested until, in 1537 . . . he brought about the entire suppression of the Mass at Augsburg. At his instigation, many fine paintings, monuments and ancient works of art in the churches were wantonly torn, broken and smashed. Whoever refused to submit and attend public worship was obliged within eight days to quit the city boundaries. Catholic citizens were forbidden under severe penalties to attend Catholic worship elsewhere . . . In other . . . cities Bucer acted with no less violence and intolerance, for instance, at Ulm, where he supported Oecolampadius . . . in 1531, and at Strasburg . . . Here, in 1529, after the Town-Council had prohibited Catholic worship, the Councillors were requested by the preachers to help fill the empty churches by issuing regulations prescribing attendance at the sermons. (Grisar, VI, 277-278)

In 1529 the Council of Strassburg also ordered the breaking in pieces of all remaining altars, images and crosses, and several churches and convents were destroyed (Janssen, V, 143-144). Similar events transpired also in Frankfurt-am-Main (Durant , 424). At a religious convention at Hamburg in April, 1535 the Lutheran towns of Lubeck, Bremen, Hamburg, Luneburg, Stralsund, Rostock and Wismar all voted to hang Anabaptists and flog Catholics and Zwinglians before banishing them (Janssen, V, 481). Luther’s home territory of Saxony had instituted banishment for Catholics in 1527 (Grisar, VI, 241-242).

When the controversy on the Lord’s Supper was started at Wittenberg, the utmost precautions were taken to suppress the writings of the Swiss Reformed theologians and of the German preachers who shared the latter’s views. At the instigation of Luther and Melanchthon there was issued, in 1528, by the Elector John of Saxony, an edict to the following effect: “Books and pamphlets (of the Anabaptists, Sacramentarians, etc.) must not be allowed to be bought or sold or read . . . also those who are aware of such breaches of the orders laid down herein, and do not give information, shall be punished by loss of life and property.” (Armstrong; Janssen, XIV, 232-233; BR, IV, 549)
Protestant Inquisitions: "Reformation" Intolerance & Persecution

The above is taken from Protestant historians, with detailed documentation. You can't accuse me of "Catholic bias".

Luther Favored the Death Penalty for Anabaptists

Reply to Reformed Luther Apologist James Swan’s Request for Documentation of Executions of Anabaptists Sanctioned by Luther, in the 1530s

John Calvin: Capital Punishment for “Heretics” (Anabaptists, Etc.)

“Reformation” Theft of Thousands of Catholic Churches

16th Century Theft of Church Properties

Z%C3%BCrichAnabaptists.jpg

Memorial plate for the Anabaptists, murdered in early 16th century by the Zürich city government: “Here in the middle of the River Limmat from a fishing platform were drowned Felix Manz and five other Anabaptists during the Reformation of 1527 to 1532. Hans Landis, the last Anabaptist, was executed in Zurich during 1614.”

History is your enemy, a big problem for anti-Catholics. That's why you have to re-write it, to force fit it into your man made system.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What are some ideas of Augustine you object to? Are you as well versed in Augustinian theology are you are the persecution of Anabaptists?
Early Protestants & St. Augustine: Ambiguity

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I try not to Engage in beating people, and so it seam's that the poster of this thread will claim that the Gate's of Hell will not Prevail against His Church, and all the while out here Rattling Saber's to Defend IT. No Matter what other's say if you are in the will of the Father then you need no Defense.
The only reason we defend the Church is that we don't think anti-Catholics should get away with attacking it, which is NOT the will of the Father.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only reason we defend the Church is that we don't think anti-Catholics should get away with attacking it, which is NOT the will of the Father.

With that being said, I can not Disagree! I do not agree totally with your Church, But who am I, Let God be God, as we say here in the Desert!! Everything come's out in the wash.

Reactions: Helen

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell it to Jesus - it's His list, not mine.

Good job. Way to go. You tell 'em!
No - I trust in HIS list.
I simply pointed our the error in YOUR percentages.

65% indeed . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see you have done it again BOL. You have performed a hatchet job, this time on John 16: 12-15. I’m not going to show you your errors this time.

I guess that it why you cannot generate one worthy and reasonable commentary of a scripture passage that goes beyond two sentences. And then you get it all wrong by substituting or adding in words for your own contextual view that endeavors to support your ‘church’ view of course.

How do you know the Spirit of truth given as Pentecost was not the same as those sitting around the table? You have make a huge assumption of your own opinion which of course is really your ‘church’ opinion.

And even further, how do you know that the Spirit of truth given today to a believer has the same power and function(s) as was given at Pentecost? As we both know there was the gospel to be earnestly preached back then; to kick-start and spread Christianity. Interesting question don’t you think that we both might agree on?

As I said before, in different words, out of thin air, you typically generate your own meaning and reality of scripture and then even add a starting argument in its defense of it. Most folks can clearly see through this type of ruse.

If you were not so cryptic in your writings and wrote where someone could really understand and even believe in, then you might have something. Why don’t you?
Bless you,
APAK
Again - these aren't MY opinions, but the position of Christ's 2000-year-old Church.
I don't know why you keep attributing them to me. I'm simply a parrot for Christ's Church.

The guarantee that the Holy Spirit would guide His Church to ALL truth in John 16:12-15 was given to the LEADERS of His Church and NOT to the individual. If this was for the individual, you would not have tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering Protestant sects that ALL teach different doctrines based on EACH of their "revelations" from the Holy Spirit.

He is not the God of confusion. At the Last Supper, Jesus prayed fervently that His Church remain ONE - as He and the Father are ONE. NOWHERE did He pray that the Church become a perpetually-splintered mess. As Paul stated - and I'll even give you the KJV translation . . .

Phil. 2:2

Fulfill ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.

Eph. 4:4-6

There is ONE body, and ONE Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; ONE Lord, ONE faith, ONE baptism, ONE God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

NOT tens of thousands . . .

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - I trust in HIS list.
I simply pointed our the error in YOUR percentages.

65% indeed . . .
Then...you get an F in math...and you can still take it up with Jesus.