Catholic Charismatic Renewal

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In what way!!?? I listened to her and found no reason to disagree with her. As a non-charismatic, I thought she was rather inspiring.
It started whacky saying all (Roman) Catholics are charismatic....

I don't understand charismatics as Catholics with "charisma", but those the speak with tongues.

The tongue talkers are by definition, charismatics.

Reactions: Stan B

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tongues not needed to be a "Charismatic"?

Not what the Catholics here in CA are saying.

I am Charismatic and do not use tongues, many charismatics don't. Your thinking of Pentecostal folks, those folks must speak in tongues. I was in a few Pentecostal Churches and each time you had to speak in tongues to show the baptism of the Holy Spirit but in the Charismatic churches I went in, including my own church, no one had to speak in tongues and only the pastor speaks in tongues in my Church and not very often at that. There are those who do like in my case our old deacon but it is not required. Hopefully I answered the question right and if I didn't let me know.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am Charismatic and do not use tongues, many charismatics don't. Your thinking of Pentecostal folks, those folks must speak in tongues. I was in a few Pentecostal Churches and each time you had to speak in tongues to show the baptism of the Holy Spirit but in the Charismatic churches I went in, including my own church, no one had to speak in tongues and only the pastor speaks in tongues in my Church and not very often at that. There are those who do like in my case our old deacon but it is not required. Hopefully I answered the question right and if I didn't let me know.
Well you are a new breed of Charismatic.

They old breed has tongues.

I have a Charismatic friend that is Spirit filled and allows tongues etc in his groups. The priest allowed it for awhile, but made him hold his meetings at his house. His family is a billionaire developer family in the Bay Area so the priest let it go for years. Some woman made them go to his house in protest.

Reactions: Stan B

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have tongues too, it is not a requirement though like in Pentecostalism that is all I was saying
I am glad some of you have the evidence of having the gift of the Holy Ghost via tongues.

The rest of you need to get evidence too, and stop taking the priest's word for it that you have it and don't need evidence.

These priests are likened to the fella's that told America that Trump was a Russian agent with zero evidence.

Water baptism is NOT the equivalent of Spirit baptism, contrary to popular RCC opinion.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am glad some of you have the evidence of having the gift of the Holy Ghost via tongues.

The rest of you need to get evidence too, and stop taking the priest's word for it that you have it and don't need evidence.

These priests are likened to the fella's that told America that Trump was a Russian agent with zero evidence.

Water baptism is NOT the equivalent of Spirit baptism, contrary to popular RCC opinion.

Well we will have to disagree at this point.

Reactions: Truther

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Which is why I don't label myself as Pentecostal, even though a lot of what I believe is Pentecostal and I can speak in tongues.

But someone's Salvation is not based on the evidence of speaking in tongues.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which is why I don't label myself as Pentecostal, even though a lot of what I believe is Pentecostal and I can speak in tongues.

But someone's Salvation is not based on the evidence of speaking in tongues.
It sure is handy to have physical evidence that one has the Holy Ghost, rather than shaking a preachers hand and signing a card, being told we have it, with no evidence.