Catholic Preist Sings Song About Lucifer

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are apparently trying to lie your way out of this one. Catholics will say and do anything to protect their phony religion.
LOL! Lie my way out of this one?

That's pretty incredible...to accuse someone of lying, who you don't even know. Someone who has provided source material, which apparently, you have refused to look at.

The truth is, that "lucifer" is Latin for "morning star", or "dawn bringer" or "shining one." Catholics do NOT recognize the word "lucifer" to be satan's name. Just because *YOU* recognize it as such, doesn't make it so.

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL! Lie my way out of this one?

That's pretty incredible...to accuse someone of lying, who you don't even know. Someone who has provided source material, which apparently, you have refused to look at.

The truth is, that "lucifer" is Latin for "morning star", or "dawn bringer" or "shining one." Catholics do NOT recognize the word "lucifer" to be satan's name. Just because *YOU* recognize it as such, doesn't make it so.
Do you really think that I am going to believe that BS. The priest said, "Jesus is the Son of Lucifer". You are also guilty of blasphemy, just like the priest, Revelation 13:6.

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you really think that I am going to believe that BS. The priest said, "Jesus is the Son of Lucifer". You are also guilty of blasphemy, just like the priest, Revelation 13:6.
No, the priest didn't say that. It's *your* wrongful interpretation that the priest said that. Your own arrogance keeps you from seeing the truth.

You condemn other religious beliefs, yet you have NO IDEA what those beliefs are. You presume to know, without looking for THE TRUTH.

The Bible tell us, "KEEP searching, KEEP looking." Yet, you STOPPED searching because you figure you already have the answer.

I feel sorry for you, Robert. Your "religion" has taught you to HATE those who are different from you, even though their differences are more TRUTH than your own religion has to offer.

Jesus did not teach HATE. He taught LOVE. And if you can't love those who are different from you...

...then what IS love to you?

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the priest didn't say that. It's *your* wrongful interpretation that the priest said that. Your own arrogance keeps you from seeing the truth.

You condemn other religious beliefs, yet you have NO IDEA what those beliefs are. You presume to know, without looking for THE TRUTH.

The Bible tell us, "KEEP searching, KEEP looking." Yet, you STOPPED searching because you figure you already have the answer.

I feel sorry for you, Robert. Your "religion" has taught you to HATE those who are different from you, even though their differences are more TRUTH than your own religion has to offer.

Jesus did not teach HATE. He taught LOVE. And if you can't love those who are different from you...

You are not able to accept truth. I don't have a religion, what I have is faith in Christ and his Gospel. I don't hate anyone or anything. You have interpreted factual truth as hate. It appears to be hate to you because it offends your religion which is anti-Christ.

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not able to accept truth. I don't have a religion, what I have is faith in Christ and his Gospel. I don't hate anyone or anything. You have interpreted factual truth as hate. It appears to be hate to you because it offends your religion which is anti-Christ.
I DO accept truth. And I have SHOWN you truth. It is YOU who doesn't accept it.

It's YOU who doesn't accept that Catholics don't accept "lucifer" as satan. The TRUTH is that "lucifer" is a Latin word that doesn't mean "satan".

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I DO accept truth. And I have SHOWN you truth. It is YOU who doesn't accept it.

It's YOU who doesn't accept that Catholics don't accept "lucifer" as satan. The TRUTH is that "lucifer" is a Latin word that doesn't mean "satan".
I looked up Lucifer in my Zondervan Bible Dictionary, it referred me to Satan. So, I tried my Funk and Wagnalls Dictionary. It said that Lucifer is a fallen angel that led a revolt against God and is Satan. In Isaiah 14:12 it says, "How art thou fallen from heaven O Lucifer son of the morning". I must conclude that Lucifer is Satan. Your Catholic priest said, Jesus is the son of Lucifer. The Catholic church is full of blasphemies against God the Father and his Son Jesus Christ. To say that Jesus did not atone for the sins of the whole world is blasphemy,

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I looked up Lucifer in my Zondervan Bible Dictionary, it referred me to Satan. So, I tried my Funk and Wagnalls Dictionary. It said that Lucifer is a fallen angel that led a revolt against God and is Satan. In Isaiah 14:12 it says, "How art thou fallen from heaven O Lucifer son of the morning". I must conclude that Lucifer is Satan. Your Catholic priest said, Jesus is the son of Lucifer. The Catholic church is full of blasphemies against God the Father and his Son Jesus Christ. To say that Jesus did not atone for the sins of the whole world is blasphemy,
You mean, Isaiah 14:12 in *your* bible says that. Other bible translations are as such:

New International Version
How you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!

New Living Translation
How you are fallen from heave, O shining star, son of the morning! ...

English Standard Version
How you are fallen from Heaven, O Day Star...

Since Isaiah was originally written in Hebrew, the Hebrews have translated the verse as such: 12How have you fallen from heaven, the morning star? You have been cut down to earth, You who cast lots on nations.

Even the Commentaries from the Bible Hub page are in pretty close agreement that Isaiah 14:12 is NOT making a reference to "lucifer" or "satan."

Etymology online describes the origin of 'lucifer' as such:

"Belief that it was the proper name of Satan began with its use in Bible to translate Greek Phosphoros, which translates Hebrew Helel ben Shahar in Isaiah xiv.12 — "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!" [KJV] Because of the mention of a fall from Heaven, the verse was interpreted spiritually by Christians as a reference to Satan, even though it is literally a reference to the King of Babylon (see Isaiah xiv.4). Sometimes rendered daystar in later translations."

And finally, from Wikipedia, which gives a more thorough description:

Oh, and just so you know that song you're criticizing is only one passage in the song. The song is from a prayer called the Exsultet found here: Exsultet - Wikipedia

You can scroll down for the latin/English version of the song.

And, by the way...on the same Wikipedia page of the Exsultet, there is also the Methodist version and the Lutheran version of the song. So, by your own 'logic', if you're condemning Catholics for 'praying to lucifer', you'd have to be condemning some non-Catholics for doing the same thing.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean, Isaiah 14:12 in *your* bible says that. Other bible translations are as such:

New International Version
How you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!

New Living Translation
How you are fallen from heave, O shining star, son of the morning! ...

English Standard Version
How you are fallen from Heaven, O Day Star...

Since Isaiah was originally written in Hebrew, the Hebrews have translated the verse as such: 12How have you fallen from heaven, the morning star? You have been cut down to earth, You who cast lots on nations.

Even the Commentaries from the Bible Hub page are in pretty close agreement that Isaiah 14:12 is NOT making a reference to "lucifer" or "satan."

Etymology online describes the origin of 'lucifer' as such:

"Belief that it was the proper name of Satan began with its use in Bible to translate Greek Phosphoros, which translates Hebrew Helel ben Shahar in Isaiah xiv.12 — "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!" [KJV] Because of the mention of a fall from Heaven, the verse was interpreted spiritually by Christians as a reference to Satan, even though it is literally a reference to the King of Babylon (see Isaiah xiv.4). Sometimes rendered daystar in later translations."

And finally, from Wikipedia, which gives a more thorough description:

Oh, and just so you know that song you're criticizing is only one passage in the song. The song is from a prayer called the Exsultet found here: Exsultet - Wikipedia

You can scroll down for the latin/English version of the song.

And, by the way...on the same Wikipedia page of the Exsultet, there is also the Methodist version and the Lutheran version of the song. So, by your own 'logic', if you're condemning Catholics for 'praying to lucifer', you'd have to be condemning some non-Catholics for doing the same thing.

What are you going to do about the priest saying that Jesus is Lucifers son?

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are you going to do about the priest saying that Jesus is Lucifers son?
You really haven't read anything I've written, Robert.

The priest didn't say that. You're relying on an anti-Catholic interpretation of what was sung, without reading the WHOLE song.

2 Peter 1:19 in Latin says, "et habemus firmiorem propheticum sermonem cui bene facitis adtendentes quasi lucernae lucenti in caliginoso loco donec dies inlucescat et lucifer oriatur in cordibus vestris" ...which translates to, "And we have the more firm prophetical word: whereunto you do well to attend, as to a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn and the day star arise in your hearts."

But what YOU are doing is to translate every word except 'lucifer'. So, by your own "logic", the translation of 2 Petere 1:19 SHOULD mean, "

"And we have the more firm prophetical word: whereunto you do well to attend, as to the light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn and LUCIFER arises in your hears."

By your 'logic', 2 Peter 1:19 is also in praise of Lucifer....

Sheesh.

Last edited:

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been pondering for days whether or not I should put this on the Forum. I cannot get it off of my mind, so here it is. Google "Catholic priest sings song about Lucifer" and see for yourself. I didn't think much about the song, but when he said that "Jesus was the son of Lucifer" that did it for me. I knew then that I was going to have to say something about this. First there was the Chrislam thing and now the Lucifer song. Maybe there are some Catholics that will come out of Catholicism as the results of the Lucifer song.
If this really happened, I doubt it is reflective of most Catholics.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You really haven't read anything I've written, Robert.

The priest didn't say that. You're relying on an anti-Catholic interpretation of what was sung, without reading the WHOLE song.

2 Peter 1:19 in Latin says, "et habemus firmiorem propheticum sermonem cui bene facitis adtendentes quasi lucernae lucenti in caliginoso loco donec dies inlucescat et lucifer oriatur in cordibus vestris" ...which translates to, "And we have the more firm prophetical word: whereunto you do well to attend, as to a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn and the day star arise in your hearts."

But what YOU are doing is to translate every word except 'lucifer'. So, by your own "logic", the translation of 2 Petere 1:19 SHOULD mean, "

"And we have the more firm prophetical word: whereunto you do well to attend, as to the light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn and LUCIFER arises in your hears."

By your 'logic', 2 Peter 1:19 is also in praise of Lucifer....

Sheesh.
Of course the priest said that and all of the people in the congregation said, amen.

You have been blinded by the Catholic church.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I doubt they do that more than other churches.
All religions have evolved from Catholicism. If you don't follow the Catholic religion and do as they say it will be anathema for you. Catholics believe that you must be a member of the Catholic church or you will not be saved. So, to be anathema is to do damned to hell. This is one reason that Catholics don't rebel against their church and its doctrines.

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All religions have evolved from Catholicism.
So...you believe that Judaism evolved from Catholicism? How about Hinduism? Buddhism? Confucianism?
If you don't follow the Catholic religion and do as they say it will be anathema for you.
Who is "they"? Do you REALLY believe that the "Catholic religion" has spies around, peering into members living rooms, bedrooms and THOUGHTS? That if they approach their local parish priest with questions, that they're automatically excommunicated?
Catholics believe that you must be a member of the Catholic church or you will not be saved.
Not true. In fact, this is not even close to what the Catholic church believes and teaches.
So, to be anathema is to do damned to hell. This is one reason that Catholics don't rebel against their church and its doctrines.
Again, not true. If you believe that, then you don't know or understand what the Catholic Church and its doctrines are all about.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All religions have evolved from Catholicism. If you don't follow the Catholic religion and do as they say it will be anathema for you. Catholics believe that you must be a member of the Catholic church or you will not be saved. So, to be anathema is to do damned to hell. This is one reason that Catholics don't rebel against their church and its doctrines.
I think it's a mistake to thing all Catholics believe this, or all Methodists believe that, or all Presbyterians believe this, or all Baptists believe that.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are some Protestant circles that seem to enjoy running down Catholics, just like there are Catholics out there who believe Protestants are inferior.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are some Protestant circles that seem to enjoy running down Catholics, just like there are Catholics out there who believe Protestants are inferior.
I am neither one. I am a Christian justified by grace through faith, Ephesians 2:8. Religion, whether it is Catholic or Protestant is a problem. Many Protestants are more Catholic than they are Protestant.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So...you believe that Judaism evolved from Catholicism? How about Hinduism? Buddhism? Confucianism?

Who is "they"? Do you REALLY believe that the "Catholic religion" has spies around, peering into members living rooms, bedrooms and THOUGHTS? That if they approach their local parish priest with questions, that they're automatically excommunicated?

Not true. In fact, this is not even close to what the Catholic church believes and teaches.

Again, not true. If you believe that, then you don't know or understand what the Catholic Church and its doctrines are all about.
No, Catholicism evolved from Judaism. It is a law-based religion that is based upon works and obedience to the law. There are a lot of similarities between Judaism and Catholicism.

To be a Catholic is to be under the law.

Council of Trent, Cannon #18. "If anyone says that the commandments of God are, even for one that is justified and constituted in grace, impossible to observe, let him be anathema".

Paul said, "Therefore by the deeds of the law (what you do) no flesh will be justified in his sight" Romans 3:20.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I am a Protestant..I read your whole explanation. It was excellent. You tried to explain it to Robert 4 times and he just ignored it, unwilling to retract his post. He is a 79 year old coot who is set in his ways - with hatred against Catholics. He won't change.
The Bible tells us to love one another and to forgive, not hold grudges because if we do not forgive others, God says he won't forgive us. It sad that there has been this ongoing war between "some" Catholics and Protestants, who carry on this lifelong feud. I doubt they are "born again" believers. The Holy Spirit does not lead His sheep into a pit of hatred. This guy is so condemning about his false suspicions of people singing to Satan, while ironically, he may be one of Satan's tools to fuel hatred?

Reactions: Mink57
Status
Not open for further replies.