Catholics; Do You Believe This?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For pondering to take place, there has to be an occasional pause in sermonizing (which I guess I just precipitated). ;)
The 10 Commandment Thread closed and i was not able to respond to your Post #2,508 in which you stated:

#1 - The individual, personal appropriation of the LIFE, DEATH, and RESURRECTION of the LORD JESUS CHRIST is the ONLY REMEDY for ALL sins, transgressions, and disobedience that brought all mankind under the power of sin and bondage. (To deviate from this is tantamount to the spirit manifest by Peter in Matthew 16:21-23.
=======================================================================================

This is EXACTLY what i stated in my Post#2,495

#1 - God's Holy Sabbath REST is the ONLY REMEDY for ALL sins, transgressions and disobedience that brought all of mankind under the power of sin and bondage.

Genesis, from the very first chapter and words speak of Christ.

Genesis 2:2 "And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done."

Revelation 13:8 - "the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world."

Matt 11: 28 - "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

Hebrews 4:8-10
For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day.
There remains therefore a rest for the people of God.
For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.

Hebrews 4:3
For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said: “So I swore in My wrath, ‘They shall not enter My rest,’
although the works were finished from the foundation of the world."

God's Holy Sabbath REST is CHRIST beginning in Genesis.

There is no longer a specific day of the week whereby we enter God's rest because ALL things of the FATHER are in CHRIST.

Anyone who speaks against this REST, or adds to it, does so thru ignorance of the Holy Scriptures.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You wrote "hate can unite folks". Is that why you preach so much hatred?
No , i wrote it cause it is truth . OR do you deny that as well .
I see folks united in hatred of somthing all the time . KKK , they unite IN HATE my friend .
The homosexual movment is uniting in its hate against biblical truth and their love of sin .
Folks sure can unite under a false love jim . Satan knows how to decieve folks jim .
And he sure can quoate scrips jim . But beware him for he will twist them .

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looks like you found a new friend barney . hate can unite folks .
Now noses in bibles , i say that to us all . NOSES
IN
BIBLE .
cause way too many are now being led by emotions that are fast leading folks into another direction .
Say hi to him for me .
I'm a friend to all who will have me, Amigo.

And I need all the friends I can get. Christ seemed to hold onto Judas until he insisted on being let go.

I'm really not here for the open "Us-And-Them" tournament. Not sure why I have to keep repeating that. :)

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 10 Commandment Thread closed and i was not able to respond to your Post #2,508 in which you stated:

#1 - The individual, personal appropriation of the LIFE, DEATH, and RESURRECTION of the LORD JESUS CHRIST is the ONLY REMEDY for ALL sins, transgressions, and disobedience that brought all mankind under the power of sin and bondage. (To deviate from this is tantamount to the spirit manifest by Peter in Matthew 16:21-23.
=======================================================================================

This is EXACTLY what i stated in my Post#2,495

#1 - God's Holy Sabbath REST is the ONLY REMEDY for ALL sins, transgressions and disobedience that brought all of mankind under the power of sin and bondage.

Genesis, from the very first chapter and words speak of Christ.

Genesis 2:2 "And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done."

Revelation 13:8 - "the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world."

Matt 11: 28 - "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

Hebrews 4:8-10
For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day.
There remains therefore a rest for the people of God.
For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.

Hebrews 4:3
For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said: “So I swore in My wrath, ‘They shall not enter My rest,’
although the works were finished from the foundation of the world."

God's Holy Sabbath REST is CHRIST beginning in Genesis.

There is no longer a specific day of the week whereby we enter God's rest because ALL things of the FATHER are in CHRIST.

Anyone who speaks against this REST, or adds to it, does so thru ignorance of the Holy Scriptures.
I'm not sure it would be appropriate for me to encourage the continuation of a discussion that was closed in an unrelated thread. I had already made plans to start a new, somewhat similar thread very soon, though. :)

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure it would be appropriate for me to encourage the continuation of a discussion that was closed in an unrelated thread. I had already made plans to start a new, somewhat similar thread very soon, though. :)
Yesterday, i had to leave and when i returned i noticed the thread was closed.

i wanted to make sure that you understood that what i Posted was exactly what you responded with in the #1 category.

Peace to you Barney

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While I sympathize with your concerns about pluralism, I can't help but wonder if an organized church containing over a billion members that are increasingly 'going their own way' is really any better than folks gathering in smaller groups that hold common beliefs.

Is the Catholic church truly corralling orthodoxy and fulfilling the mission of Christ more efficiently and effectively than the rest of professing Christianity?

Hope this doesn't come across as condemnatory in any way, BOL. :)
I would answer that by pointing to the phrase above in RED. Because if your beliefs are wrong – then it doesn’t matter what size your groups is.

There is truth in EVERY Protestant denomination because we all hold to the Trinitarian reality that is God and that His Son, Jesus is our Savior.

That being said - I believe that the Catholic Church is the only one that teaches the fullness of the Gospel.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would answer that by pointing to the phrase above in RED. Because if your beliefs are wrong – then it doesn’t matter what size your groups is.

There is truth in EVERY Protestant denomination because we all hold to the Trinitarian reality that is God and that His Son, Jesus is our Savior.

That being said - I believe that the Catholic Church is the only one that teaches the fullness of the Gospel.
If RCC taught the fullness of the Gospel it would never of taken the path of murder.

If RCC taught the fullness of the Gospel it would never of risen to it's earthly glory that we see today.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I was actually referring to common beliefs within the individual groups rather than beliefs held in common with the Catholic Church, but that is a very thoughtful and straightforward reply and I appreciate it very much, BOL. :)

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If RCC taught the fullness of the Gospel it would never of taken the path of murder.

If RCC taught the fullness of teh Gospel it would never of risen to it's earthly glory that we see today.
WRONG.

Although Christ is the HEAD of the Bosy (Col. 1:18) – the Body is comprised if SINNERS. We are imperfect beings who are being sanctified daily.
There had been murder, mayhem and sexual sin on the Protestant side as well.

The Church has NEVER been a group of perfect people.
It is a hospital for sinners, my self-righteous friend . . ..

Reactions: BarneyFife

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG.

Although Christ is the HEAD of the Bosy (Col. 1:18) – the Body is comprised if SINNERS. We are imperfect beings who are being sanctified daily.
There had been murder, mayhem and sexual sin on the Protestant side as well.

The Church has NEVER been a group of perfect people.
It is a hospital for sinners, my self-righteous friend . . ..

RCC along with all religions are doomed.

There only has been and only will be One Way to the Father since the Beginning = His WORD.

• Love

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There only has been and only will be One Way to the Father since the Beginning = His WORD.
march on in the trenches my friend . Pointing to Christ till the last and final breath . ALL holy scripture IS inspired
not by men BUT GOD . stay glued in that bible my friend . And let the LORD be praised and thanked .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus didn’t leave us with a Bible.

That came out of the Church – which is what He left is with . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
march on in the trenches my friend . Pointing to Christ till the last and final breath . ALL holy scripture IS inspired
not by men BUT GOD . stay glued in that bible my friend . And let the LORD be praised and thanked .
You can't "stay glued" to the Bible when you've abandoned His Church . . .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't "stay glued" to the Bible when you've abandoned His Church . . .
Your right . but then i have not abandoned HIS CHURCH . just the churches of men gone dead wrong and refuse
to recieve correction and instruction .
BUT , thank you for that reminder . Ps , this lamb wont be returning to the RCC either .
Have you seen what its head is preaching . What an abomination to GOD that man speaketh .
Even many catholics see a massive problem in that man . But anyway thanks for the reminder .
I wont abandon HIS CHURCH . just false houses whose leadership refused and refused and keeps refusing
to repent of its evil . Cause i have to be honest . You wont never find a perfect church .
BUT IF THE DOCTRINE IS NOT PERFECT , YOUR CHURCH WONT MAKE IT .
IF the leadership is tanked , that church aint gonna make it .
SURE within the church errors and etc do get spotted . AND UNDER TRUE LEADERSHIP gets corrected .
BUT man when the leadership is tanked , my advice is , GET OFF THAT BOAT and find you the SHIP that follows CHRIST .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus didn’t leave us with a Bible.

That came out of the Church – which is what He left is with . . .
GOD made sure that through the ages the JEWS would have TORAH .
many scribes copied it faithfully through all those ages from MOSES to the day of Christ .
BUT with many of them GOD was not well pleased . FOR THEY DID NOT teach the people THE TRUTH OF TORAH
and even when they spoke truths , it was HYPROCRISY .
SO too GOD made sure the torah and letters of the apostels and gospels would be faithfully recorded .
But like the jewish leadership tanked , SO TOO THE RCC IS DEAD in the water .
BUT GOD made sure the bible would get into the hands of the people .
And now i know why ROME hated that . cause the more one read the scrips
the more they saw , OH DEAR we are in the chambers of a harlot and tis time to correct the people .
ONLY when they began to correct the popes and etc , THEY BEGAN to get persecuted
they took their leave of a institution that had refused to repent of its wickedness .
OH ITS TRUE quite a few of the leaders of the reformation had their own problems . NEVER HEED calvin is all i can say .
But there have always been true lambs through all ages . And believe me the RCC has persecuted a lot of them .
The RCC is not the only denomination to have spilled blood either .
YOU SEE , as i said a lot of them protestant leaders did the same thing THE RCC had one
only they had some differences . BUT what is it that i speak of which they did that the RCC had done .
THEY MADE IT ALL POLITICAL , tried to turn the church into A STATE church . PHEW WEE
when one does that , prepare for blood to be spilled is all i can say .
Because the weapons become carnal and it becomes FOLLOW US or die .
OH , history is seriously about to repeat itself too .
THE ONE RELIGOIN which will unite all the false religoins and even the FALSE ones within christendom
is now at work . And boy do the peoples buy into its lie and more and more they merge
to be as one . And the cry love love love can be heard . BUT IF YOU Examine what they love , what they accept
and call love , YOU GONNA SEE REAL FAST it AINT LOVE and it aint coming from GOD either .

Now once this religoin becomes law of the land and of the hand , true lambs will be hunted
down in greater number and shorter time than we have ever seen .
And those who kill us will holler GOD IS LOVE , away with you haters that conformed not to our image of our love god .
AND DO understand why i did not capitlize that love god . CAUSE ITS SATAN NOT GOD .
Have a blessed day now . My advice , learn the bible FOR YOU. FOR YOU and never look back .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let all that names the name of Christ pray for BOL to come out of the RCC .
Our desire is good for him . And let all who name the name of Christ depart from inquity .
let us be glued in our bible and learning from GOD .

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your right . but then i have not abandoned HIS CHURCH . just the churches of men gone dead wrong and refuse
BUT , thank you for that reminder . Ps , this lamb wont be returning to the RCC either .
Have you seen what its head is preaching . What an abomination to GOD that man speaketh .
Even many catholics see a massive problem in that man . But anyway thanks for the reminder .
I wont abandon HIS CHURCH . just false houses whose leadership refused and refused and keeps refusing
to repent of its evil . Cause i have to be honest . You wont never find a perfect church .
SURE within the church errors and etc do get spotted . AND UNDER TRUE LEADERSHIP gets corrected .
BUT man when the leadership is tanked , my advice is , GET OFF THAT BOAT and find you the SHIP that follows CHRIST .
Amigo says: "BUT , thank you for that reminder . Ps , this lamb wont be returning to the RCC either ."

Loved it = BEST LAUGHTER of the DAY

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 16:18
And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

NOTHING can make is Church "dead wromg" and nothing ever will.
HIS sheep believe this promise. The pretenders don't . . .

And therein lies your prob,em -
You put too much trusy in MEN.

Men can't save you - only Jesus can. And His Church can overcome bad leadership as it always has. Ever hear of a leader named, "Judas"?