Catholics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you so angry, Bread of Life? Love casts out all fear - running around 'sticking up for the obvious' and over identifying with doctrine is fear based. I joined the Catholic Church as an adult, after a lot of study. Glad I didn't meet any angry Catholics when I was discerning; I certainly would have missed out on a lot remaining Protestant
I'm not angry.

It's funny - when an educated Catholic exposes anti-Catholic lies - he is perceived as "angry".
Seems like the only Catholics you like are the quiet ones who don't stand up for truth. Sorry to disappoint.

If you don't want to be exposed - then don't spread falsehoods.
It's that simple . . .

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am Catholic and I am educated

Reactions: Job

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show us. If you say they've been debunked, you must have proof. Show us.
I've debunked most of your rubbish.
For example - in the thread "Can We Honor Jesus Christ Through His Mother Mary? a debate" - you posted a stupid video allegedly an Easter vigil mass at the Vatican where Satan was being "worshipped". The problem is that you didn't do your Latin homework.
I destroyed that claim by showing you the actual translation of the chant - and you NEVER responded.

Here is the content of the prayer:

Flammas eius lúcifer matutínus invéniat:
ille, inquam, lúcifer, qui nescit occásum.
Christus Fílius tuus,
qui, regréssus ab ínferis, humáno géneri serénus illúxit,
et vivit et regnat in sæcula sæculórum.

May this flame be found still burning
by the Morning Star:
the one Morning Star who never sets,
Christ your Son,
who, coming back from death's domain,
has shed his peaceful light on humanity,
and lives and reigns for ever and ever.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Giving in to wrath doesn't bolster claims of the true presence, either
touchc3a9.gif

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So my Catholicism is based on whether or not I am offended by your choice of words? Your language is combative. Yep, still Catholic....
Either you delight is the anti-Catholic lies presented by people like Job and others on this forum - or you delight in the truth.
You can't delight in both.

If you were a Catholic - anti-Catholic lies would offend or at least disgust you.
You would never be as indifferent as you are.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've debunked most of your rubbish.
For example - in the thread "Can We Honor Jesus Christ Through His Mother Mary? a debate" - you posted a stupid video allegedly an Easter vigil mass at the Vatican where Satan was being "worshipped". The problem is that you didn't do your Latin homework.
I destroyed that claim by showing you the actual translation of the chant - and you NEVER responded.

Here is the content of the prayer:

Flammas eius lúcifer matutínus invéniat:
ille, inquam, lúcifer, qui nescit occásum.
Christus Fílius tuus,
qui, regréssus ab ínferis, humáno géneri serénus illúxit,
et vivit et regnat in sæcula sæculórum.

May this flame be found still burning
by the Morning Star:
the one Morning Star who never sets,
Christ your Son,
who, coming back from death's domain,
has shed his peaceful light on humanity,
and lives and reigns for ever and ever.
Found this translation.

English
1. Daystar of the morning its flame: man, I say, O Lucifer, who does not know the going down thereof. Christ, the Son of yours, which, went back from the grave, his peaceful light on all mankind, and lives and reigns for ever and ever.
Flammas eius lúcifer matutínus invéniat: ille, inquam, Lúcifer, qui nescit occásum. Christus Fílius… Translated to English

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Either you delight is the anti-Catholic lies presented by people like Job and others on this forum - or you delight in the truth.
You can't delight in both.

If you were a Catholic - anti-Catholic lies would offend or at least disgust you.

Your false dichotomy aside,

I've never read about Jesus being disgusted by people who held different ideas about doctrine.....in fact, I believe the Pharisees were disturbed by this aspect of Jesus - he hung around all sorts....even Samaritians, prostitutes, and tax collectors.

Anti Catholic ideas are held for different reasons. Mine were based in ignorance. Love brought me into the light.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus never defended the Truth, either, btw - he was too committed to living it

Reactions: bbyrd009

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Job, you really think that the Catholic Church is purposely teaching members to worship Satan? Com'mon man....

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is immaturity talking. "I'm mad so you should be mad too."

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Job, you really think that the Catholic Church is purposely teaching members to worship Satan? Com'mon man....
I actually do. I make sure I know what I'm posting before I post it. I don't go to just 1 or 2 sources, I research multiple sources and make sure all my ducks are in a row before post.

It's not difficult to find this information. With the internet, you have access to the world of information.

I don't hate catholics. My issue is with their doctrine.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, after much study, I must disagree with your conclusion, Job. I understand your POV because I once held it myself. My opinion changed after reading a great deal of church history I was never fortunate to know about before considering Catholic doctrine. Much of modern criticism of the Catholic Church was written by a Presbyterian in the fifties. The book is called 'On Romanism' and most of the James Whites and Ron Rhodes of the world use the text as their primary source

Last edited:

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My opinion changed after reading a great deal of church history I was never fortunate to know about before considering Catholic doctrine.
Man made doctrines and traditions do not trump the scriptures, regardless of the denomination.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man made doctrines and traditions do not trump the scriptures, regardless of the denomination.

Sola Scriptura is a man made doctrine, which has only existed for about 500 years.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sola Scriptura is one of the bedrock doctrines of Protestantism. Luther developed it in order to facilitate dismantling 1500 years worth of reliance on the Bible + Tradition as authoritative. Luther needed to discount sacred tradition because he had no authority except his interpretation of the Bible. Protestants (Christians who embrace sola Scriptura, sola fide, and sola gracia) still hold to the idea that the Bible is the sole authority within Christianity. Roman, Coptic, and Othodox churches reject this idea.

Luther also added a word to the scriptures, "faith alone" to bolster his interpretation of sola fide. He didn't want the books of James, Hebrews, and Revelation to be included in the NT

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sola Scriptura is one of the bedrock doctrines of Protestantism. Luther developed it in order to facilitate dismantling 1500 years worth of reliance on the Bible + Tradition as authoritative. Luther needed to discount sacred tradition because he had no authority except his interpretation of the Bible. Protestants (Christians who embrace sola Scriptura, sola fide, and sola gracia) still hold to the idea that the Bible is the sole authority within Christianity. Roman, Coptic, and Othodox churches reject this idea.

Luther also added a word to the scriptures, "faith alone" to bolster his interpretation of sola fide. He didn't want the books of James, Hebrews, and Revelation to be included in the NT
I don't know who Luther is. I never identified with the man. I never heard of Sola Scriptura till I started visiting these forums.

What does this have to do with me?