Catholics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you mean like
In that day there will be an altar to the LORD in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar to the Lord at its border. It will be a sign and a witness to the Lord of hosts in the land of Egypt (Is 19:19-20)

WOW - a pillar to the Lord, and a pillar that is a witness as well.
I didn't realize St.Peter square was in the midst of the land of Egypt.

Is this the verse the catholics use to justify the presence of an idol in St.Peter Square?

Oh well, my turn...

Deuteronomy 4
15 “Take careful heed to yourselves, for you saw no form when the Lord spoke to you at Horeb out of the midst of the fire,
16 lest you act corruptly and make for yourselves a carved image in the form of any figure: the likeness of male or female,

Did you notice that it's an act of corruption to make carved images in the form of male or female? Tell me why the catholics are exempt from following this command.

Remember, your answer must come from scripture.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Is this the verse the catholics use to justify the presence of an idol in St.Peter Square?

Oh well, my turn...

Deuteronomy 4
15 “Take careful heed to yourselves, for you saw no form when the Lord spoke to you at Horeb out of the midst of the fire,
16 lest you act corruptly and make for yourselves a carved image in the form of any figure: the likeness of male or female,

Did you notice that it's an act of corruption to make carved images in the form of male or female? Tell me why the catholics are exempt from following this command.

Remember, your answer must come from scripture.
The Catholic Church goes back to the time of Jesus not the Israelites at Horeb. So the Lord didn't speak to the Catholic Church at Horeb.

Moreover the obelisk doesn't look either male or female to me.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Still waiting for you to provide some evidence that the obelisk in St. Peter's Square is an idol.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to do some real research from objective unbiased sources and find out how wrong you are.
I never claimed sex crimes were defensible, and I never denied they happened. I simply exposed your outdated sadism. Sadism is deriving pleasure from inflicting pain on others, and when it comes to Catholics, you get pleasure out of inflicting a sort of pain on Catholics (in the name of Jesus). It's your religion and you do it with lies and falsehoods. Yes, it did backfire.
Your psychotic irrational hatred for Catholicism shows me where your heart is. Anti-Catholic venom is addictive so you will probably run and mainline more.

How about this one:

Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor. (Exodus 20:16)
Let's dispense with the name calling, shall we?

You're profile says you're 63.....act like it. Show a little courtesy. God's watching.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Catholic Church goes back to the time of Jesus not the Israelites at Horeb. So the Lord didn't speak to the Catholic Church at Horeb.
So what you're saying is, "The catholics don't recognize the Old Testament".

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still waiting for you to provide some evidence that the obelisk in St. Peter's Square is an idol.
Go back and read through the material you posted. I can't pinpoint where I saw it but in one of the links your brother catholics called it an idol. You should really read through some of the stuff you post.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Go back and read through the material you posted. I can't pinpoint where I saw it but in one of the links your brother catholics called it an idol. You should really read through some of the stuff you post.

Can't you find any evidence?

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As usual you are being dishonest since I didn't suggest that at all
You stated this: The Catholic Church goes back to the time of Jesus not the Israelites at Horeb. So the Lord didn't speak to the Catholic Church at Horeb.

The bible gives us this:
1 Corinthians 10
1 Moreover, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware that all our fathers were under the cloud, all passed through the sea,
2 all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea,
3 all ate the same spiritual food,
4 and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ.

You still claim the Lord wasn't there?

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You stated this: The Catholic Church goes back to the time of Jesus not the Israelites at Horeb. So the Lord didn't speak to the Catholic Church at Horeb.

The bible gives us this:
1 Corinthians 10
1 Moreover, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware that all our fathers were under the cloud, all passed through the sea,
2 all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea,
3 all ate the same spiritual food,
4 and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ.

You still claim the Lord wasn't there?

No I didn't

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Would you like to discuss the ones that do?

Trying to throw another dead cat on the table?

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I didn't
Of course you did. Your words are there for everyone to see. You said the Lord didn't speak to the catholics at Horeb and that basically the passage from Deuteronomy doesn't apply to catholics.

Spin it any way you want but that's what you said.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Of course you did. Your words are there for everyone to see. You said the Lord didn't speak to the catholics at Horeb and that basically the passage from Deuteronomy doesn't apply to catholics.

Spin it any way you want but that's what you said.

If you spin any faster you go into the ground like a corkscrew.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still waiting
If this was just a normal rock, why was a piece of the original crucifixion cross placed at the top with another cross?

The small cross on top contains relics of the true cross. It symbolizes Christian victory over paganism.

Victory over paganism?