Cell Phone Implants?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's very interesting, but I don't think I would want electronics implanted in my arm for the reasons listed in the article. I'm sure future generations will think nothing of it.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
From the article:

Turkle wants society to think seriously about the potential downsides of implanted electronics, including tracking. But she has also studied how people relate to their cellphones and notes that some talk about them as if they were cyborgs.

"People literally cannot be without this device," Turkle says. "They don't feel the same when they are not connected. We live with our phones as if they are part of our body."

Never mind being tracked, what about being controlled? Already it's impossible to switch off the tracking device in some phones. Once a chip is inside a living body, not only the body's natural electricity, but the device's ability to receive from unwanted sources could be uncontrollable.

Thank God for the Holy Spirit, who keeps track of us day and night, always caring for our best interests!

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
"We live with our phones." Actually, I don't even have a phone. Cell phones rarely work in this very remote area in the middle of nowheresville, and land lines are just as rare. There is a long list of people wanting and waiting for a land line, and there's no local phone service. I tried "Magic Jack", but I got very poor reception with it and quit using it; I couldn't hear the person on the other end. I was told about another online phone service called Shype, but they asked for a cell phone number. I don't have a cell phone and planned to use my land line phone as I tried to do with the Magic Jack. If I want to use Skype, I will need a cell phone. I don't want to buy a cell phone and get the online Skype service just to find out it's no better than magic Jack--despite people telling me that it is.

Even if I had a land line phone service, there are things I can't do online where a phone number is required because they ask specifically for a cell phone number--apparently assuming that everyone has a cell phone. I've thought about using my Magic Jack number to see if that would work. I have four more years of Magic Jack service I paid for, although it only cost me about $15 per year.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi Jon-Marc,

If I want to use Skype, I will need a cell phone.

If you have an internet connection you can use Skype, and you shouldn't need to supply a cell phone number either to text or speak. Yes, there is a space to put a cell phone number, but it works as an instant messenger as well as an internet to internet voice call, without a phone at all.

There is a site called www.oldapps.com which offers older versions - though you may wish the latest. They have stopped bothering me for updates, (!)and my old 4. something version works perfectly well. You'd need a headset with a mic, or, a mic and speakers, to talk, and a camera if you want to see the person you're speaking to, but the texting is good, and it's easy to share files (docs or pix) across between different software platforms.

Have a go!

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Prophecy News Watch
Never Forget Your Cell Phone Again - Implanting Cell Phones Into Human Arms
http://www.prophecyn...July06/066.html

That's terriffic! Do you know that cell phones can now be used to pay one's bills?

Electronic commerce has been around for many years, but the use of the cell phone makes it much more convenient. Having a cell chip implanted under the skin of - say the right hand or the forehead - would make commerce more reliable and secure. It would also make it much easier for the authorities control the population's movement and suppress disagreement with its policy.

I've a better idea. How about using cash? At its worst you only loose the money in your pocket, not your identity, not your liberty and certainly not your desire to worship and serve God.

but that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...