Changing verses to conform to forever punishment theology

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In this thread I will demonstrate how various verses can be changed to conform to the theology of forever punishment.

Luke 2:10 ESV
10 And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.

changed to...

10 And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for SOME people.

@St. SteVen

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Patrick1966,

What version is the second one?

Also even though you believe all will be saved one day.

How would you explain to a stranger who stopped and asked you, “What happens to faithless people when they die?” What would you say to them?

Just curious, all the best, in Christ
Matthew

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How would you explain to a stranger who stopped and asked you, “What happens to faithless people when they die?” What would you say to them?

I would respond by saying that I'm not the judge and so I don't know but that I have complete faith in God to be able to heal and save anyone.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Timothy 4:10 ESV
For to this end we toil and strive,[a] because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe.

changed to...

For to this end we toil and strive,[a] because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of SOME people, especially of those who believe.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Patrick1966

You say you dont know, are there any refenences from Jesus, or anyone else?

Im in agreement that God not willing to have none to perish and desires all to be saved.

In fact all people have been saved; from death, sin, hell, satan and his angels, false prophet, the beast.

But are all people saved to the Kingdom of God? What does Jesus say about it? Is there anything in Revelation that speaks on the notion of faithless people, and where they end up?

Just curious, i know normally at funerals we just say they are up there now with God. But where? With him? Where they judged?

Im okay with the answer I dont know.

And i wont ask anymore,
All the best,
Matthew

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 4:14 ESV
14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.

changed to...

14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of SOME.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lamentations 3:31 ESV
For the Lord will NOT cast off forever.

changed to...

For the Lord WILL cast off forever.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 5:18 ESV
Therefore, as one trespass led to condemnation for all men, so one act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all men.

changed to...

Romans 5:18 Therefore, as one trespass led to condemnation for allmen, so one act of righteousness leads to justification and life for SOME men.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alright thanks for your opinion friend,

All the best to you and yours,
Matthew

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 15:22 ESV
For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive.

changed to...

1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall SOME be made alive.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alright thanks for your opinion friend,

What is your interpretation? Why does Jesus have to rule if he is simply condemning most of humanity to forever punishment? If that's the case, then why is it necessary for him to wait? What is the purpose?

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1:29 ESV The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!"

changed to...

The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of SOME!"

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is your interpretation? Why does Jesus have to rule if he is simply condemning most of humanity to forever punishment? If that's the case, then why is it necessary for him to wait? What is the purpose?
Patrick1966,

You still havent really answered my question about where do faithless people go in the afterlife, are you ready to answer that? Or would you like to stand still on you do not know?

If you would like to answer this question and if you are genuinuely looking for mine ill answer these questions.

All the best to you and your family, and everyone on the board,
In Christ,
Matthew

Ps.
(I know it seems like i got nothing better to do, its because i dont, im still recovering however life has impoved drastaclly since being clean - i dont mind what people believe thats between you and God; I dont have to accept what is between a person and God and i can ask questions, its doesnt mean i think your stupid, or that you are not a christian)

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ps.
(I know it seems like i got nothing better to do, its because i dont, im still recovering however life has impoved drastaclly since being clean - i dont mind what people believe thats between you and God; I dont have to accept what is between a person and God and i can ask questions, its doesnt mean i think your stupid, or that you are not a christian)

I wasn't aware. Are you recovering from a drug addiction?

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You still havent really answered my question about where do faithless people go in the afterlife...
I guess it depends. If they are agnostic and also relatively good and moral people then I believe they will meet Jesus and immediately be accepted into Heaven. If someone is an unbeliever and is wicked and cruel, I believe they will go to the Lake of Fire. For that matter, many self-professed Christians are headed for the Lake of Fire.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess it depends. If they are agnostic and also relatively good and moral people then I believe they will meet Jesus and immediately be accepted into Heaven. If someone is an unbeliever and is wicked and cruel, I believe they will go to the Lake of Fire. For that matter, many self-professed Christians are headed for the Lake of Fire.
Patrick1988,

They say with knowledge comes more grief.

All the best,
Matthew

Reactions: Patrick1966

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In this thread I will demonstrate how various verses can be changed to conform to the theology of forever punishment.

But sadly Patrick, it is you and your fellow universalists who are changing the understanding of the scriptures to suit your biased theology.

Reactions: dev553344

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But sadly Patrick, it is you and your fellow universalists who are changing the understanding of the scriptures to suit your biased theology.

How is it "good news for ALL people" if only SOME people will benefit?

Luke 2:10 ESV
10 And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.