Charles Spurgeon's Sanity Litmus Test (are you insane?)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my KBC.
There's so much incorrect theology here, I may not even answer. It's just too much.

I have been taught of nothing other than God and scripture as I have never been part of any sect but you should already know that. So, I will leave you be since you are certain that my knowledge is in error. I do not wish to offend.
I wish you luck in all you do and thanks for your time.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
="Phoneman777, post: 297718, member: 6649"]"It is the bounden duty of every Christian to pray against Antichrist, and as to what Antichrist is NO SANE MAN ought to raise the question. If it be not the Popery in the Church of Rome, there is nothing in the world that can be called by that name (Antichrist). If there were to be issued a hue and cry for Antichrist, we should certainly take up this Church on suspicion, and it would certainly not be let loose again, FOR IT SO EXACTLY ANSWERS THE DESCRIPTION."
--- Charles Spurgeon

According to the great Charles Spurgeon, anyone who subscribes to "Jesuit Futurism" aka "Left Behind Theology" which essentially teaches that Antichrist is a single man who will arise at the end of time during the "last seven years of tribulation"...IS INSANE. How right you are, Mr. Spurgeon, for anyone who is so foolish to believe Jesuit theology - which sole purpose is both the destruction of Protestants and Protestantism by the attempt to clear the Papacy of all Biblically based charges that it is the Antichrist - over believing Bible theology, which in no uncertain terms proves by description the identity of the Antichrist as being none other than the Papacy, MUST BE INSANE. Only an insane person would pay homage and respect to an organization which is bent on his destruction.
/QUOTE
===================================================================

Was anyone ever saved then ?

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's nice of Spurgeon to provide an example of insane bigotry in his brief psychotic rant. I'm glad this kind of lunacy is limited to the fringes of Protestantism.

Even as recently as the 1800s, there was still a lot of hatred between Catholics and Protestants. And it wasn't one-sided. There were Catholics like Spurgeon out there, too. Still are, but fewer of them on both sides.

Which is a good thing; only Satan can be pleased when one set of Christians hate another.

Edit: This is not to say Spurgeon wasn't a Christian. There were many admirable and decent things about him. Like Luther and the Jews, Spurgeon was a devout and basically decent man who had a serious moral flaw WRT Catholics.

Last edited:

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pope Francis writes:
I believe in God, not in a Catholic God, there is no Catholic God. There is God and I believe in Jesus Christ, his incarnation. Jesus is my teacher and my pastor, but God the Father, Abba, is the light and the Creator. This is my being.

Idk... this post kinda looks like a rant to me....

If it does, then we know one of two things. Either:
1. you don't know what "rant" means.
2. You disagree with God the Creator and Jesus the Redeemer.

I hope it's the first.