CHAT CAFE (General)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
TALK ABOUT WHAT EVER IS ON YOU MIND OR IN YOUR HEART.HOW YOUR DAY WENT OR WHATEVERThis is an expermental thread to give our members a place to post a quick reply without having to start a new thread each time they just want to post a thought or two if you like it let us know.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I feel like I should start this thread off with some exciting news of my day but I had a very quite day uneventful day So I guess someone else will have to provide some excitement.

ROS777

Sep 21, 2006
Hi Kriss and everyone else,Got a magic Bullet as a present. Anybody have one and do you like it? So far I've made Broccoli soup. Have to fine tune the taste. Next I'll try the salsa.Did anyone see the Pillsbury Bake-off last nite on the food channel?A dish for two won the million dollars. It was made with maple syrup as part of a glaze on boneless chicken and chopped up waffles made into a bread type dressing for the chicken. And it won the million dollars. Don't get the ideal I watch the food channel a lot --I just check to see what's cooking ever so often-can't afford the calories and fat.
smile.gif

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Hi Ros777,Are you talking about the magic bullet thats on T.V. that cleans your pans? If so I hope you didnt put in it your Broccoli soup!(lol)Interesting receipe chicken w/waffles and syurp reminds me of when my mother used to tell me you can't wear plaids and stripes together to just dont go.(lol)

ROS777

Sep 21, 2006
Kriss, it's a small blender that I saw on a infocommerical; it comes with attachments; and one can make soup or salsa from their recipe book in 10 seconds-that's their claim.I've wanted it for a long time and a family member gave me one. You can get them at Walgreen and different places. You'd have to see the infocommerical to like it. Anyway my blender died some time ago, so I'm glad I got it for a present.It's a fun thing and it's just something that caught my eye, we'll see if it measures up. lolYeah, a million dollars for a simple recipe a young woman dreamed up. cool. She was going to use some of the money to put her daughter thru college. It was interesting;the whole show.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I'm relieved I hadn't seen that infomercial the only commercial I had seen was something called The Bullet was a tablet you drop in water that cleans your pots/pans and grillsand I am glad you are not putting that in your soup and salsa.(lol) but i"ll have to check out the blender thing

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You two have any tips for a college kid looking for good stuff to cook? I cook for or with my girlfriend a lot and I'm always looking for simple and cheap ideas.

ROS777

Sep 21, 2006
(SwampFox;2993)
You two have any tips for a college kid looking for good stuff to cook? I cook for or with my girlfriend a lot and I'm always looking for simple and cheap ideas.
Here's some ideals you might not have thought of:Coffee- to save money on take out I brew a pot of coffee with about a tablespoon of cocoa powder on top of coffee grinds before I start brewing, I may also add a teaspoon of almond or vanilla extract to grinds before I start brewing, I use flavored creamer ( low fat )no sugar needed Have you ever....?Tried the chicken & Biscuits on side panel ( or back ) of bisquick box? very good and quickHow about a box of wild rice w left-over veggies and meat ( don't have to be leftovers )How about golash-cooked hamburger w/ chopped onion, 1-2 cans seasoned tomatoes, and cooked macaroni ?How about Shepherd's pie? Mashed potatoes, cooked hamburg w/ cooked onion, 1-2 cans of corn, bake in oven 350 for about 20-25 minutes? ( can add fresh garlic to water boiling potatoes and can add a jar of low fat gravy or package of gravy on top of layers before oven )baked home fries, seasoned before the oven on greased pan ?A whole chicken can make two meals Soup? Home made not hard can last at least two mealsstart with base of can or/ package chicken stock , 1-2 cans of seasoned tomatoes, maybe,wild rice, or cooked macaroni or other pasta, leftover veggies or steam some veggies, left over meat such a chicken, hamburg, seasona bottle of good tasting hot sauce, but you know that SwampFox, LOLNote: I use 1 large or 3-4 cans of chicken stock and a package of dried chicken stock w/ water-more flavor ( you could use soup bone instead of the chicken stock )

ROS777

Sep 21, 2006
Just a footnote: I should have had some space between soup ingredients and bottle of tasty hot sauce. Don't mean to lead anyone to put hot sauce in the soup ( unless they want to )I mean for me and mine one of my staple items is good tasting hot sauce to add to many different dishesAlso about the soup; that dried bean package-16 bean soup is excellent-love it.
smile.gif

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Well I'm glad my Saturday was so boring because Sunday was anything but that hubby fell about 9ft off a ladder,was knocked unconscious had to call 911 emergency fire dept. ambulance all showed up neighbors all gathered round dogs kept barking,quite the uproar on my quiet little street.Spent the next 6 hours in the emergency room,luckily God was watching over him and no major damage slight concussion, 6 stitches in the elbow ,3 stitches to lip but no broken bones.A few days of rest and TLC all that's needed.Good thing because he hasn't finished all the things on his honey do list(lol)

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(SwampFox;2993)
If you like Mexican style Rice I got an easy good one for SwampfoxShopping LIst1 lb of ground beef (or 2 chicken breasts)1 box Family size chicken flavor Rice-a-Roni1 24 oz.jar of Salsa(which ever you like best) optional1 pk flour tortillassour creamfinely grated cheese----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------crumble and brown ground beef in large fry pan (drain) salt to tasteAdd Rice-a Roni to beef (throw out seasoning packet or save for soup)pour in jar of Salsa then fill the empty salsa jar with water and add thatsimmer till liquid is absorbed rice is tender if you like spinkle top with grated cheeseServe with a coulpe flour tortillas warmed for 1 min. in micro wavea little sour cream add a Salad your ready in 30 min.options - if you want to use chicken cut up chicken breast in bite size pieces brown itand follow same as for beef--------------------------------------------------------------or there's always McDonalds

ROS777

Sep 21, 2006
(kriss;3011)
Well I'm glad my Saturday was so boring because Sunday was anything but that hubby fell about 9ft off a ladder,was knocked unconscious had to call 911 emergency fire dept. ambulance all showed up neighbors all gathered round dogs kept barking,quite the uproar on my quiet little street.Spent the next 6 hours in the emergency room,luckily God was watching over him and no major damage slight concussion, 6 stitches in the elbow ,3 stitches to lip but no broken bones.A few days of rest and TLC all that's needed.Good thing because he hasn't finished all the things on his honey do list(lol)
Sorry to hear that your husband fell off the ladder and was knocked unconsciousthis weekend. Ladders are really dangerous, don't you think. One time I stood on the top rung to take out a beeping battery in the smoke alarm. I had nothing to grab onto.Very scary. Thank goodness he's okay after all that!Sounds like the neighbors were concerned, too.Good neighbors are a plus.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
This thread is for lots of conversations Ros777 they can go on forever if you like don't fret. Think of it as the little cafe on the corner where you go for a good cup of coffee and conversation about the subject of the day.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I read this morning that there are Russian scientists that say there is a chance that a small asteroid/comet will hit the north pole area around the end of the month and if it hits water it might pose a danger for a tsunami in the Pacific Ocean.

ROS777

Sep 21, 2006
(kriss;3083)
I read this morning that there are Russian scientists that say there is a chance that a small asteroid/comet will hit the north pole area around the end of the month and if it hits water it might pose a danger for a tsunami in the Pacific Ocean.
Where are you reading that, Kriss? ( website)?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
There is several sites that have been reporting this in last month but most I didn't put much value in Its supposedly from a very well respected Russian Astronomy professor the problem seems to be that his site is in Russian so the computer generated translations aren't real good.I have several news sites that I check everyday that cover different sides of stories to see what might be of interest to our members and the following showed up this morning on a financial news site http://urbansurvival.com/week.htm#komet1http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index953.htm (less creditable site but better translation)Fedorovsky's Comet - Oct 28The web site is in Cyrillic (Russian) so you'll need to bone up on your automatic translation engine skills, but it seems that some Russian scientists are worked up about the possibility of a comet hitting earth later this month. Before you run out and try to find something to hide under, here's some mechanical translation:"04.10.06 situation approach permission. Hours fly as minutes, almost all results are ready. Studies can be considered final. Spirit seizes! In the nearest time I will publish on the site results and even video. Pover'te, this will become shock for all... 03.10.06 here and nast.ypil October. Approximation of comet does not give to me to be immersed into October melancholy. Remained schitanye days before the event, which seemed such distant... Weather became entirely "nonflying", observations were hindered. Then there is time for studying the news in the Internet. To read articles about itself is very amusing, can this and eat popularity?
smile.gif
Not my, certainly, but comet. In any event, it will be brief for the obvious reasons... On that, when, where and as it will fall, already wrote more than ten times. If b I in time agreed at the interview, information would be more precisely. With an accuracy to day and point of impacts, which are already known. However, the opinion of the authors with my does not always coincide, and it not at all interests comet."If I am following the reports correctly, there are supposed to be some "early arrivals" preceding the main comet itself - and the spotting of a meteor up in the Pacific Northwest this week may (or more likely may not) have been related. Sorcha Faal's web site has an article on it, but we're watching the Russian site directly to see if there will be an update. I'll post it (translated mechanically) if there is.---A comet smashing into earth would certainly be something to behold. We know that Russian scientists reported in March of this year that a meteorite over the Tunguska area back in 1908 may have something to do with our global warming now. At any rate, an impact event (or event an atmosphere brushing) could be cataclysmic.---There is also a large body of scientific discussion about the role of comets in shaping of the earth's surface. I'd assume that Michael Paine's article on how a large asteroid would effect earth would be roughly analogous to what a comet would do. A quick read of the "Siva Hypothesis" of periodic mass extinction events is worthwhile.---Of course, we've read about comets and catastrophe's before. As best I can recall, the predicted impact of a great comet with Earth in Greece at the time of the opening of the Olympics in 2004 didn't happen; I've had enough coffee today that I think I'd remember it.---Still, we'll keep watching to see if this story "gets legs".. http://www.univer.kharkov.ua/astron/history/index.htm

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Well I live in Calif. so Im waiting for a medium to large eathquake or a volcano in the Cascade range to erupt over the weekend if you can call that exciting

Aaron

Feb 17, 2006
There's no such thing as an interesting weekend in New Jersey.. lol.It's cold, nasty... been seeing t-storms on and off all week. I'm watching everything blow around, literally!The table on my deck with the umbrella has completely blown over... just hope it's not broken. Mets lost last night
sad.gif
so needless to say we're all pretty sour about taking that hit by the Cardinals. That about sums it up for me! lol!Aaron