China Rising: the Dragon Awakens!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MrBebe

Sep 8, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
"So the four angels who were prepared for the hour, day, month, and year were released to kill a third of the human race. The number of mounted troops was 200 million; I heard their number." What drives China to destroy billions? China Rising: the Dragon Awakens!
Good day,

Some Bible translators translate their number as:

(Rev 9:16 LEB) And the number of the troops of the cavalry was two hundred million; I heard the number of them.​

or

(Rev 9:16 KJV) And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them.​

Others translate the verse literally as:

(Rev 9:16 LITV) And the number of the armies of the cavalry was two myriads of myriads; and I heard their number.​

Their number or size could really be “two hundred million” because “two myriads of myriads” is two ten thousand times ten thousand but it could also be expressed as two (groups or units of) myriads of myriads of horsemen.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good day,

Some Bible translators translate their number as:

(Rev 9:16 LEB) And the number of the troops of the cavalry was two hundred million; I heard the number of them.​

or

(Rev 9:16 KJV) And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them.​

Others translate the verse literally as:

(Rev 9:16 LITV) And the number of the armies of the cavalry was two myriads of myriads; and I heard their number.​

Their number or size could really be “two hundred million” because “two myriads of myriads” is two ten thousand times ten thousand but it could also be expressed as two (groups or units of) myriads of myriads of horsemen.

Still though, those are not about a literal military army.

Those horsemen, like locusts, is about the Joel prophecy of the locust army which God sends in the last days. God only uses the concept of an army as to how they devour the wealth of His people in the last days. It's about the powers over the world that prepare all nations for their coming god, the pseudo-Christ which Lord Jesus and Apostle Paul warned us about (Matthew 24:23-26; 2 Thessalonians 2:4). The locusts operate as four stages, which points to the 4 main categories used for the takeover of the world: finance, education, political, and religion.

Rev.13:4-8 reveals there is no more war when the "dragon" reigns over all nations for 42 months.

Rev.9 with the 6th Trumpet - 2nd Woe period represents the time of "great tribulation" when all wars have stopped, and there is a fake peace, with the coming Antichrist reigning over all nations.

Rev.16 with the 7th Vial, which is the 'final' day of this world, is when the battle of Armageddon happens, which is the day of Jesus' return with His army to fight. The 6th trumpet - 2nd woe is a period PRIOR to that battle, so the locusts army is NOT about a literal military army.

Rev.11 reveals God's two witnesses prophesying in Jerusalem for 1260 days within the 6th trumpet - 2nd woe period that begins at Rev.9:12.

Revelation 11:13-15 reveals the 7th Trumpet - 3rd Woe is the time of Jesus' coming. That... is when Armageddon will occur, which also is the 7th Vial timing.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[200M] are not about a literal military army. ...

Yep, and there's no LITERAL ARMAGEDDON, or LITERAL GLOBAL THERMONUCLEAR WAR, or LITERAL JESUS RETURNING, or HEAVEN, or HELL. -- Don't believe ANYTHING the Bible LITERALLY says ...

Whew,
Bobby Jo

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, and there's no LITERAL ARMAGEDDON, or LITERAL GLOBAL THERMONUCLEAR WAR, or LITERAL JESUS RETURNING, or HEAVEN, or HELL. -- Don't believe ANYTHING the Bible LITERALLY says ...

Whew,
Bobby Jo

Your sarcasm is meaningless.

There WILL be a battle in the middle east on the day of Christ's return per Rev.16 on the 7th Trumpet and per Rev.19, and Zechariah 14. But that's not what the locust army of Rev.9 events are about, because those events are tied to the SECOND WOE timing.

1st Woe period - Rev.9:1 to Rev.9:11

2nd Woe period - Rev.9:12 to Rev.11:13

3rd Woe = 7th trumpet, day of Christ's return to inherit all this world's kingdoms

The locust working of Rev.9 falls in between the 1st and 3rd Woes. The battle of Armageddon per Rev.16 is to happen on the 7th Vial, which is the same day as the 7th trumpet with Jesus' return with His army to fight.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But your words betray what I showed in my last post. The idea of 'gods' in the manuscripts does NOT... point to literal gods like you infer in your previous posts. Those in Christ Jesus are children of God.
I didn't infer anything but I do suggest that the world is under the rule of spiritual entities, angelic beings, ministers to the inheritors of creation, organized with a definite hierarchy as spoken of in scripture but not spoken much about, described by men as gods, but understood to be created beings with power and authority from God. Some verses refer to them as the sons of God, the stars of the morning, the lesser lights and there's a good and true reason that the Law delivered by Moses forbids the worship of them.
If you can accept such a biblical concept as true, then the conflict between nations betrays the struggle for power and preeminence between those powers, dominions, principalities, etc. These are spiritual creatures tied to specific domains, including the ruler of this world. All authority remains the Lord's, but clearly the rebellion is far from over. God has called at least some of them gods and they literally exist as did Moses. God told Moses that he would be as god to pharaoh when the angel spoke to him from the burning Bush. It was an assignment of power and authority in His name.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't infer anything but I do suggest that the world is under the rule of spiritual entities, angelic beings, ministers to the inheritors of creation, organized with a definite hierarchy as spoken of in scripture but not spoken much about, described by men as gods, but understood to be created beings with power and authority from God. Some verses refer to them as the sons of God, the stars of the morning, the lesser lights and there's a good and true reason that the Law delivered by Moses forbids the worship of them.
If you can accept such a biblical concept as true, then the conflict between nations betrays the struggle for power and preeminence between those powers, dominions, principalities, etc. These are spiritual creatures tied to specific domains, including the ruler of this world. All authority remains the Lord's, but clearly the rebellion is far from over. God has called at least some of them gods and they literally exist as did Moses. God told Moses that he would be as god to pharaoh when the angel spoke to him from the burning Bush. It was an assignment of power and authority in His name.

Like I showed from God's Word, those in the Heavenly, whether they be good angels or bad angels, are not literal gods like deities. They are the children of God, which is why they are called sons of God. When Jesus returns, you will understand how this is, and you will drop that leaven of mysterious gods. There is but one Creator, one GOD, and He is The Father of us all.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correction: MAY

... but I expect that the battles will have already been waged.

Bobby Jo

If you don't believe it, then you go directly against the Zechariah 14 and Revelation 19 and Revelation 16:15-17 and Ezekiel 38 & 39 Scriptures which declare that battle for the end of this world with Jesus' coming.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I showed from God's Word, those in the Heavenly, whether they be good angels or bad angels, are not literal gods like deities. They are the children of God, which is why they are called sons of God. When Jesus returns, you will understand how this is, and you will drop that leaven of mysterious gods. There is but one Creator, one GOD, and He is The Father of us all.
Pretty sure that I've said that already. I suspect you may have a slight reading comprehension issue. Shall I use only one syllable words?

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you don't believe it, then you go directly against the Zechariah 14 and Revelation 19 and Revelation 16:15-17 and Ezekiel 38 & 39 Scriptures which declare that battle for the end of this world with Jesus' coming.

Davy said:
There WILL be a battle in the middle east on the day of Christ's return ...

That's YOUR expectation, no necessarily what Scripture depicts. -- But you have a LOT of False Expectations ...

Bobby Jo

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"So the four angels who were prepared for the hour, day, month, and year were released to kill a third of the human race. The number of mounted troops was 200 million; I heard their number." What drives China to destroy billions? China Rising: the Dragon Awakens!
I doubt that that's a reference to China. If you find it necessary that the very end is absolutely within one or two generations that would be a fair summary. I happen to believe Christ will be visible in the clouds, coming and going, and those who crucified him, for many years before the very end. Probably hundreds of years while times grow very severe. The "rapture" takes place near the middle or near the very end.

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not China.

That's about the locust army of the Book of Joel. Not a literal military army.

That's a 5th - 6th Trumpet, 1st & 2nd Woe period event, not the rapture, not Armageddon.

That is a tribulation time event, a time of world peace. The locusts represent the world controllers under the coming Antichrist for the tribulation period, a time just prior to Christ's 2nd coming to gather His Church.

There is no such thing as a Pre-trib Rapture written of in God's Word.

The writer of 1 John tells us clearly, antichrist was revealed in the first century a.d.

I believe that the locusts have always lived underground and in caverns. They release some substance into the air through their tails that mixes in the air intake of motor vehicles causing toxic fumes, motor vehicles not being capable by themselves of producing toxins, combustion of gasoline and water vapor being a natural process.

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's why INFORMATION is better than GUESSING. -- And right now, you have VERY LITTLE INFORMATION.

Perhaps you need a little (read: LOT) more ...
Bobby Jo
How can you discern how much information I have. Apparently you have far--too much--information.

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can you discern how much information I have. Apparently you have far--too much--information.

By the way, Hal Lindsay and Tim Lahaye and Jack van Impe are not my idea of well-rounded teachers. I happen to have the best. Anyone who sells their soul to public broadcasting in my view deserves a last name sounding like, impe. Pardon the loose liberty I've taken.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can you discern how much information I have. ...

Because ignorance is bliss??? -- And you seem like such a HAPPY INDIVIDUAL! :)

Or, maybe because you have no clue about what you've already shared, -- both on "China" and also on the "rapture".

Silly people.
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... I happen to have the best. ...

R E A L L Y . . .

So let me ask the most basic and simplest of questions:

Dan. 2 is interpreted as:

1. Gold, Babylon
2. Silver, Medo/Persia
3. Bronze, Greece
4.a. Iron, Rome
4.b. Clay, -- Revived Rome/European Union/ or some variation

AGREED?
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was a song in the mid to late 80's, -- "Another One Bites The Dust". And so it seems that where Christians are told to: be instant in season and out of season, reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering & doctrine (2 Tim. 4:2), but instead we have people make unfounded, unsubstantiated, and the most ridiculous assertions -- and they expect us to nod our heads in agreement. -- And then they run away like little girls hiding behind their mommies apron.

Welcome to Modern Christianity,
Bobby Jo