China Rising: the Dragon Awakens!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pretty sure that I've said that already. I suspect you may have a slight reading comprehension issue. Shall I use only one syllable words?

I don't have reading comprehension issues. It's easy to know what you were going on about in your previous posts here...

You said:
"Everything spiritual, including Christian beliefs are viewed as purely mythological by a large part of the population."

As if true Christians really care what superstitious followers of men's doctrines care what they think!

You follow superstition and myths, as shown in your previous posts about 'gods'. These are not about literal deities. They are about graven images the profane idol worshippers only 'called' their gods. God's of metal, wood, stone, etc., are no gods. And in the heavenly dimension, there is only One GOD. The rest are children of God.

Ex 32:8
8 They have turned aside quickly out of the way which I commanded them: they have made them a molten calf, and have worshipped it, and have sacrificed thereunto, and said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which have brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.
KJV

Num 25:1-2
25:1 And Israel abode in Shittim, and the people began to commit whoredom with the daughters of Moab.
2 And they called the people unto the sacrifices of their gods: and the people did eat, and bowed down to their gods.
KJV

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Davy said:
There WILL be a battle in the middle east on the day of Christ's return ...

That's YOUR expectation, no necessarily what Scripture depicts. -- But you have a LOT of False Expectations ...

Bobby Jo

You are another here that goes against God's written Word...

Zech 14:1-18
14:1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when He fought in the day of battle.
4 And His feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with Thee.
6 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:
7 But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.

8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.
9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.
10 All the land shall be turned as a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem: and it shall be lifted up, and inhabited in her place, from Benjamin's gate unto the place of the first gate, unto the corner gate, and from the tower of Hananeel unto the king's winepresses.
11 And men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.
12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

13 And it shall come to pass in that day, that a great tumult from the LORD shall be among them; and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbour, and his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbour.
14 And Judah also shall fight at Jerusalem; and the wealth of all the heathen round about shall be gathered together, gold, and silver, and apparel, in great abundance.
15 And so shall be the plague of the horse, of the mule, of the camel, and of the ass, and of all the beasts that shall be in these tents, as this plague.
16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
KJV

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The writer of 1 John tells us clearly, antichrist was revealed in the first century a.d.

No John did not reveal the identity of the final Antichrist. He only said they had 'already heard' antichrist SHALL COME. You need to read what your Bible actually says instead of listening to men that add and take away from God's Word. Those men are not to be trusted. Your last paragraph is so 'far out', I won't even address it. The locusts of Rev.9 is being used as a metaphor for a people that takes over the wealth of God's people. God first gave that locust army example in the Book of Joel.

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No John did not reveal the identity of the final Antichrist. He only said they had 'already heard' antichrist SHALL COME. You need to read what your Bible actually says instead of listening to men that add and take away from God's Word. Those men are not to be trusted. Your last paragraph is so 'far out', I won't even address it. The locusts of Rev.9 is being used as a metaphor for a people that takes over the wealth of God's people. God first gave that locust army example in the Book of Joel.

You're a man. You're not the Bible. You're a man who's adding. It never says "a final" antichrist. You listen to what men say. I'm the last person to do that.

And he didn't only say, "had already heard." He said, "as you have heard antichrist will come, many antichrists HAVE ALREADY come." And that was in the first century.

Your opinion and mine aren't important anyway.

Last edited:

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
R E A L L Y . . .

So let me ask the most basic and simplest of questions:

Dan. 2 is interpreted as:

1. Gold, Babylon
2. Silver, Medo/Persia
3. Bronze, Greece
4.a. Iron, Rome
4.b. Clay, -- Revived Rome/European Union/ or some variation

AGREED?
Bobby Jo

Daniel interpreted the dream as it pertained to Nebuchadnezzar. But dreams and visions are given as parables, just as Jesus used fictitious stories for comparison in every generation.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Daniel interpreted the dream as it pertained to Nebuchadnezzar. But dreams and visions are given as parables, just as Jesus used fictitious stories for comparison in every generation.

It seems the only thing "fictitious" are your posts.

Good Luck, because you're going to need it, -- and Good Bye, because you're now on IGNORE.
Bobby Jo

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're a man. You're not the Bible. You're a man who's adding. It never says "a final" antichrist. You listen to what men say. I'm the last person to do that.

And he didn't only say, "had already heard." He said, "as you have heard antichrist will come, many antichrists HAVE ALREADY come." And that was in the first century.

Your opinion and mine aren't important anyway.

You're just making up stuff. The Antichrist that exists on the day of Christ's return will... be the FINAL Antichrist. No brainer.

The "as you have heard" phrase is PAST TENSE. If you'd go back and study English grammar you'd know that. By me saying they already had heard is only stressing that as past tense, not adding. And no, John was not specifically pointing to the 1st century. The office of the Pope (or bishop of bishops as he was called) wasn't even established until the 3rd century!

Thus it's easy to know you are just listening to doctrines of men.

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're just making up stuff. The Antichrist that exists on the day of Christ's return will... be the FINAL Antichrist. No brainer.

The "as you have heard" phrase is PAST TENSE. If you'd go back and study English grammar you'd know that. By me saying they already had heard is only stressing that as past tense, not adding. And no, John was not specifically pointing to the 1st century. The office of the Pope (or bishop of bishops as he was called) wasn't even established until the 3rd century!

Thus it's easy to know you are just listening to doctrines of men.

Two clauses there, one, two. Easy!

18Children, it is the last hour; and just as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have appeared. This is how we know it is the last hour.

Two parts: 1. Is coming. 2. Have appeared

You're the foolish one

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

18Children, it is the last hour; and just as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have appeared. This is how we know it is the last hour.

You're the foolish one

"the" antichrist, being absolute, corresponds I think, with an age like today, when an antichrist spirit dominates, even to the point, as Daniel indicates, of apostasy being prevalent in the church.

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"the" antichrist, being absolute, corresponds I think, with an age like today, when an antichrist spirit dominates, even to the point, as Daniel indicates, of apostasy being prevalent in the church.

"I think the son of perdition," as referred to by Paul, I think is a generation of the church that is utterly apostate.

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This notion of "trinity," being a diversion to a symbol, from discovery of genuine Father-son relationship, through the Holy Spirit, is that counterfeit anointing alluded to in 1st John. People adore a symbol, rather than a Father. The symbol, according to Simeon in Luke 2, is given to betray peoples' hearts. Trinity may equivocate with "the spirit like three unclean frogs," of Revelation.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You're the foolish one

I use the KJV Bible, which is from the Greek Majority Texts, not the corrupted text later NT Bibles use.

1 John 2:18
18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

KJV

1. "ye have heard that antichrist shall come" - they had ALREADY heard that the antichrist shall come. The "ye have heard" is past tense. That is the same even in your corrupt translation above. But what your corrupt translation ADDS is the wrong tense about the "many antichrists".
2. "now are there many antichrists" - not 'have appeared' like your corrupt translation above, but "now are there", meaning present tense.

No.1 begs the question, just when... did they first hear that antichrist shall come?
No.2 begs the question of where else are those "many antichrists" written about in God's Word?

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I use the KJV Bible, which is from the Greek Majority Texts, not the corrupted text later NT Bibles use.

1 John 2:18
18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

KJV

1. "ye have heard that antichrist shall come" - they had ALREADY heard that the antichrist shall come. The "ye have heard" is past tense. That is the same even in your corrupt translation above. But what your corrupt translation ADDS is the wrong tense about the "many antichrists".
2. "now are there many antichrists" - not 'have appeared' like your corrupt translation above, but "now are there", meaning present tense.

No.1 begs the question, just when... did they first hear that antichrist shall come?
No.2 begs the question of where else are those "many antichrists" written about in God's Word?
These were probably the ones, for example, the renegades who having received the Lord, then irreverently knowingly rejecting him, trampling his blood underfoot, turning deliberately to reproach him, rejecting his forgiveness, willing to become unpardonable; mentioned and/being alluded to several times in New Testament Scripture. That's my best effort answer in the immediate timeframe I'm using.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These were probably the ones, for example, the renegades who having received the Lord, then irreverently knowingly rejecting him, trampling his blood underfoot, turning deliberately to reproach him, rejecting his forgiveness, willing to become unpardonable; mentioned and/being alluded to several times in New Testament Scripture. That's my best effort answer in the immediate timeframe I'm using.

First mention of the idea of "many antichrists" was given in Genesis 3 about Satan's seed...

Gen 3:15
15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

KJV

That is also the very first hint in The Bible about Christ's crucifixion.

Jesus further explained about the two seeds in His parable of the tares of the field in Matthew 13. He explained its meaning to His disciples.

Jesus foretold about the many coming in His name saying they are Christ, per Matthew 24:4-5. Those are the "many antichrists" that work for the devil. But they are not 'the Antichrist', the main one Jesus also warned of in that Matthew 24 chapter, per Matthew 24:23-26. The main Antichrist, a singular false messiah, is to work great signs and wonders that if possible would deceive even Christ's very elect. That's different than the many antichrists that can only claim... to be Christ but don't have a supernatural working to go with it like the Antichrist will.

Another term for the "many antichrists" is the Old Testament term "workers of iniquity". Those are especially noted in the Psalms about their eventual destruction. They represent Satan's seed of Genesis 3:15. Apostle Paul used the term "mystery of iniquity" in 2 Thess.2 about this matter of Satan's seed. He also used the idea of their already being at work. The Jude 1 Scripture points to them as the "certain men crept in unawares" that were ordained to condemnation of working against Christ.

What this means is, there is a group of children here on earth ordained to work the negative side of God's Plan. Apostle Peter and Jude described them as "brute beasts", pointing to their natural nature of working against Christ (2 Peter 2; Jude 1). It is not specifically pointing to deceived brethren in the Church who fall away because of deception. It is pointing directly to a people who serve the devil knowingly, and that are ordained to that condemnation. Christ's Salvation is open to them also IF... they will turn to Him and quit their evil ways. Yet God literally ordained those to work for Satan during this present world, and that is what we are to understand, i.e., that many of them are not going to turn to Christ but will continue to work for Satan. This why Jesus rebuked a specific group among the scribes and Pharisees in John 8, saying they were of their father the devil, and even pointing to them as spiritual sons of Cain.

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First mention of the idea of "many antichrists" was given in Genesis 3 about Satan's seed...

Gen 3:15
15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

KJV

That is also the very first hint in The Bible about Christ's crucifixion.

Jesus further explained about the two seeds in His parable of the tares of the field in Matthew 13. He explained its meaning to His disciples.

Jesus foretold about the many coming in His name saying they are Christ, per Matthew 24:4-5. Those are the "many antichrists" that work for the devil. But they are not 'the Antichrist', the main one Jesus also warned of in that Matthew 24 chapter, per Matthew 24:23-26. The main Antichrist, a singular false messiah, is to work great signs and wonders that if possible would deceive even Christ's very elect. That's different than the many antichrists that can only claim... to be Christ but don't have a supernatural working to go with it like the Antichrist will.

Another term for the "many antichrists" is the Old Testament term "workers of iniquity". Those are especially noted in the Psalms about their eventual destruction. They represent Satan's seed of Genesis 3:15. Apostle Paul used the term "mystery of iniquity" in 2 Thess.2 about this matter of Satan's seed. He also used the idea of their already being at work. The Jude 1 Scripture points to them as the "certain men crept in unawares" that were ordained to condemnation of working against Christ.

What this means is, there is a group of children here on earth ordained to work the negative side of God's Plan. Apostle Peter and Jude described them as "brute beasts", pointing to their natural nature of working against Christ (2 Peter 2; Jude 1). It is not specifically pointing to deceived brethren in the Church who fall away because of deception. It is pointing directly to a people who serve the devil knowingly, and that are ordained to that condemnation. Christ's Salvation is open to them also IF... they will turn to Him and quit their evil ways. Yet God literally ordained those to work for Satan during this present world, and that is what we are to understand, i.e., that many of them are not going to turn to Christ but will continue to work for Satan. This why Jesus rebuked a specific group among the scribes and Pharisees in John 8, saying they were of their father the devil, and even pointing to them as spiritual sons of Cain.
I agree. Except with one thing. I believe the (absolute) antichrist you're distinguishing from "many antichrists" are a singular unit with the many. I believe in the very last days they'll reach a perfect unity and dominate the whole world, antagonizing, even defeating God's people, according to Daniel--the beast that was not like any of the others, with a conspicuous horn.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. Except with one thing. I believe the (absolute) antichrist you're distinguishing from "many antichrists" are a singular unit with the many. I believe in the very last days they'll reach a perfect unity and dominate the whole world, antagonizing, even defeating God's people, according to Daniel--the beast that was not like any of the others, with a conspicuous horn.

There are certain of men's doctrines going around in some Churches that wrongly teach there is no singular coming Antichrist figure.

They deny the singular tense of the coming false one that Apostle Paul and Apostle John warned of in 2 Thessalonians 2:4 and Revelation 13:11-14. And that would include denial of the Daniel prophecy about the "little horn" king that comes up among the ten horns and subdues three of those ten, all in connection with the final beast kingdom of Revelation.

I don't listen to those men, because they have to leave the simplicity of the written Word of God in order to believe those falsehoods.

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are certain of men's doctrines going around in some Churches that wrongly teach there is no singular coming Antichrist figure.

They deny the singular tense of the coming false one that Apostle Paul and Apostle John warned of in 2 Thessalonians 2:4 and Revelation 13:11-14. And that would include denial of the Daniel prophecy about the "little horn" king that comes up among the ten horns and subdues three of those ten, all in connection with the final beast kingdom of Revelation.

I don't listen to those men, because they have to leave the simplicity of the written Word of God in order to believe those falsehoods.

Courteous tip: mimicks were called simpletons