Christ only died for past sins...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did Christ's sacrifice only count for past sins?

• Only past sins are forgiven. We must maintain our salvation by not sinning.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Christ's sacrifice was all sufficient for all of the believers sins.

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neither one of those answers the question i asked.( and you know that)

In a step by step manner- what do you understand the salvation process to be and on what do you base it?
OH, here it is, it was left out in the last post, but if we don't provide works we're going to hell, per the words of Jesus:

Matthew 25

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OH, here it is, it was left out in the last post, but if we don't provide works we're going to hell, per the words of Jesus:

You have a complete and total misunderstanding of this entire subject as evidenced by your replies so my question is....

Is this an innocent series of misunderstandings leading to the culmination of your misunderstanding

Or

Is this a deliberate refusal to research and learn the truth thus allowing you to sow seeds of confusion for your own purpose?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have a complete and total misunderstanding of this entire subject as evidenced by your replies so my question is....

Is this an innocent series of misunderstandings leading to the culmination of your misunderstanding

Or

Is this a deliberate refusal to research and learn the truth thus allowing you to sow seeds of confusion for your own purpose?
So you don't believe scripture? strange.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@devin553344 it is possible to know we have obtained eternal life in this world. 1 John 5:13

If I didn't believe that, where would my faith in Christ's atonement be? I wouldn't be holding to God's promise.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your thoughts there.

Scriptures says that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. For me, that is profound.

One thing it tells me that it means, is that Christ saved us at that point in time or that His salvation of us was actually done at that point of time with respect to our sense of time. So that, all that follows is the unfolding out of what He had done at that point in time. The “us” there refers to all those who were saved by Him, that includes those who lived in the past, living at that present time, and those who will come to being in the future. We at present (of those future to that time) who had come to Jesus Christ, are among those for whom Christ died and saved.

Another would be that, Christ died at that point in time, for the past sins of those whom He saves who lived in the past, for the past and present sins of those whom He saves who are presently alive at that time, and for the future sins both of those whom He saves who are presently alive at that time and those who will come into being future to that point in time.

Still another would be that, His salvation of them is by grace, and not because they are righteous. In fact they are all sinners, as all of mankind are.

Tong
R4008

He died for us as the Messiah for the Old Covenant saints, and as Savior for those who repent and come to Him in the New Covenant. When He rose from the dead, it appears that the Old Covenant saints rose as well as they were seen walking the streets of Jerusalem. Seeing as they are not still walking around, I can only assume they ascended with Him in their new bodies when He returned to heaven.

Please do not buy into this idea that everyday the sins we committed yesterday are now "old sins." You will not find that in Scripture and is a doctrine of demons. Don't be fooled and deceived. When He cleanses you of the old nature that spewed out sins left and right, and created a new nature making you not only justified but sanctified, those sins at that time were nailed to the cross along with the nature that produced them. You now have a nature that should be partaking of the divine nature of God and will be if you were truly born again. I say that because I was attending church for 30 years before I was filled with the Spirit. It is very important to know that you have no power in yourself to stop sinning. We must be born again of the Spirit of God or we do not belong to Christ. Romans 8:9

Luke 11:
9 “So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 11 If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish? 12 Or if he asks for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? 13 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!”

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Or

I suspect that he is merely a troll.....nobody is as dumb as he portrays himself.....I hope not, anyway....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, let’s consider the Christian, that is, the child of God. Would you say that one who claims to be a Christian is a legitimate child of God, if he willfully and continually live in sin, murdering, stealing, fornicating, raping, lying, etc.? I won’t.

With regards what you say @Blood Bought 1953 believes, I will let him take that up with you.

Christians are capable of doing these things .....especially that “ lying” thing.If you deny lying you are proving yourself to be a very “ big” liar......The raping and murdering stuff ? Not so common. If they “ do” happen, God is going to severely Chastise that person.....God and His Grace are not going to be Mocked.....The Chastisement , If ineffective, could include God striking you dead on the spot....He could strike you dead “ without” trying Chastisement first....

If you are a Believer in Jesus, you catch a big break—- “ where Sin abounds, Grace abounds that much more”......Terrible Sins are under the Blood and Terrible Christians are Saved ,but if any Christian thinks that he can sin and get away with it , he is a Fool..... You are going to pay here and when you stand before Jesus you are going to be very scared and very ashamed....as the Bible says, you will make it but you will barely make it—- “ like a man who barely escapes a house on fire”

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Forget about BB. Do you believe that if a professing Christian is a rapist and murderer and that person never repents they will go to heaven when they die, simply because they believe?

Just where “ are” all of these Christian rapists and murderers? I can never seem to find them.If we choose to speak theoretically however, the answer is “ Yes” —— they do go to Heaven when they die....that is true because Jesus has promised to present Believers as “Blameless” before His Father.....Their Rear- ends May have a lot of blisters on them because of God’s Chastisement ( assuming God did not decide to strike them dead on the spot and just “ by-pass” the Chastisement thing ) , But they are going to be Saved if they are Believers in Jesus.....Something far more precious than a Disobedient Fool’s Salvation is at stake in these rare circumstances—- His Word! God must Save “To the Uttermost” all that came to Him through His Son....Do you think He never realized that these Grace abusers would exist at the time He made this and many other Promises? Not hardly....He has chosen to save people by their Faith in His Son....not by their “ Performance”.....even if that Performance was a Dismal one....He will Save ALL that came to Him with Faith......Grace sure ain’t fair...deal with it.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
He died for us as the Messiah for the Old Covenant saints, and as Savior for those who repent and come to Him in the New Covenant. When He rose from the dead, it appears that the Old Covenant saints rose as well as they were seen walking the streets of Jerusalem. Seeing as they are not still walking around, I can only assume they ascended with Him in their new bodies when He returned to heaven.

Please do not buy into this idea that everyday the sins we committed yesterday are now "old sins." You will not find that in Scripture and is a doctrine of demons. Don't be fooled and deceived. When He cleanses you of the old nature that spewed out sins left and right, and created a new nature making you not only justified but sanctified, those sins at that time were nailed to the cross along with the nature that produced them. You now have a nature that should be partaking of the divine nature of God and will be if you were truly born again. I say that because I was attending church for 30 years before I was filled with the Spirit. It is very important to know that you have no power in yourself to stop sinning. We must be born again of the Spirit of God or we do not belong to Christ. Romans 8:9

Luke 11:
9 “So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 11 If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish? 12 Or if he asks for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? 13 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!”
You seem to altogether missed my point in my post, regarding what the death of Jesus Christ accomplished 2000 years ago.

When Paul said in Romans 5:8, that Christ died for us while we were still sinners, what so you say Paul meant with the phrase “Christ died for us”?

Tong
R4024

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey guys, sorry if I said someone wasn't saved. It's not my place to say that. I don't boast in my salvation either. But I was wrong in saying people aren't saved.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador