Christ vs the anti-Christ: Who is winning?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
pls stop, my sides are hurting now
Totally agreed. Remember when I said:

The "mormonism" that you'll hear about from poor quality sources: a low quality source will tell you that "Mormons" worship Joseph Smith, are polytheists, polygamist, don't believe in the Bible, believe that works earn salvation, believe in a "created Jesus", are brainwashed, don't study scripture, don't know what they "really believe", are lairs etc.
The above^ is a complete straw man. No one actually believes that. Low quality sources rely on this strawman, taking quotes out of context, spinning, and then use threats and fear based tactics (ye' olde burning alive threat) to convince people to continue on this cycle of ignorance (and sometimes to continue to pay the people literally selling your this story).
CARM is the epitome of that. They don't care about truth. Literally every sentence is a straw man. And then they ask you for a donation. Their inaccuracy and flaming is widely known.

Reactions: bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Book of Mormon is completely empty of God's truth. The Mormons call Joseph Smith their prophet--Smith was a FALSE PROPHET that JESUS warned about. A wolf in sheep's clothing.

Any one can read for themselves the deceitful teachings of Mormonism and they will immediately know they are in direct opposition to the Word of God. Mormonism through the prophet Joseph Smith claims he restored the Gospel. They claim the bible teachings were corrupted but Smith restored it--these are blasphemous claims. These are the common claims of false prophets--That the Prophet claims to have the new improved truth" given directly to them from GOD.
A Mormon may claim to follow Christ, but it is a very different “Christ” from what is found in the Bible. Mormonism holds abherant teachings that reject Core Truths of Christianity. The Book of Mormon is in direct opposition to the Christ Jesus of the Bible.
LDS/ Mormonism --reject the Trinity. LDS/Mormon Church claims JESUS a created being. Salvation is by faith and works , hence the attempts to attempt to be seen by others as "nice" because this is what they think "saves" them. The "good" mormons think they will become "gods". The Church of the LDS denies the Bible as the only Word of God and calls the Book of Mormon "scripture" so beware when they say they love scripture and "scripture" is the only thing that's True , it has a different meaning to Mormons & includes the Book of Mormon as scripture. Mormonism believes in multiple gods & goddesses, they believe in pre-existence of souls..and on and on. It is unbelievable how deceived people can be to get bewitched by these False teachings.
What is difficult to understand or believe at times is how so many people calling themselves Protestant can so strongly reject Catholicism when their own doctrines and beliefs and traditions run so close still in so many places to that which Catholicism does still teach. Perhaps the Mormons have moved more in the right direction than the original Protestants did from Catholicism. Perhaps both the Catholics and the Protestant of today correspond closely to the followers of Judaism in time period when Jesus in the flesh walked through the streets of old Jerusalem.

From day one after Jesus died and resurrected, have not apparently, as per scripture and writings of men, many claiming to be believers have gone off on their tangents instead of following the Spirit of God. Is this addition or subtraction?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Weird how we most all seem to go through a stage of knowing it all first tho, huh? Guess there's even a name for the syndrome now, forget what tho, its on my page
I remember my own worst times up until the early 1990's believing that if only I could study the Bible enough I would be just like Jesus was... except I usually wanted to follow after Enoch. Then I backslid for about 10 years and coming back realized how little I knew and received just a clue of how much more there could be... How much more? How much does God have? What is the limit on what we can know about God?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
What is difficult to understand or believe at times is how so many people calling themselves Protestant can so strongly reject Catholicism when their own doctrines and beliefs and traditions run so close still in so many places to that which Catholicism does still teach. Perhaps the Mormons have moved more in the right direction than the original Protestants did from Catholicism. Perhaps both the Catholics and the Protestant of today correspond closely to the followers of Judaism in time period when Jesus in the flesh walked through the streets of old Jerusalem.

From day one after Jesus died and resurrected, have not apparently, as per scripture and writings of men, many claiming to be believers have gone off on their tangents instead of following the Spirit of God. Is this addition or subtraction?
Ya I was a Prot for like 40 years and only recently realized I was a Catholic the whole time! Lol

Reactions: amadeus

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is typical when you call out a false prophet or false teacher or false teaching, they always have their defenders. It's amusing that anyone in 2019 thinks these religious cults beliefs are secret, & that they will deny the facts right to your face. Sad. This is why Cults are dangerous and need to be exposed , because they only hide the truth in order to lure others into their delusional deceptive web. Smith was of highly questionable character as all cult leaders & false prophets. Nothing new under the sun.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I remember my own worst times up until the early 1990's believing that if only I could study the Bible enough I would be just like Jesus was... except I usually wanted to follow after Enoch. Then I backslid for about 10 years and coming back realized how little I knew and received just a clue of how much more there could be... How much more? How much does God have? What is the limit on what we can know about God?
I guess ppl maybe fear me bc it appears I might negate the whole NT for them...but while I'm still not sure if Walking on Water is a euphemism or not, I can certainly testify to the "miraculous" nature of revelation that makes "walking on water" such an apt phrase regardless

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ROTFL!
Oh no! let's see , too bad we have no access to information from any other sources that would be linked together like some , I don't know like a world- wide web or something? or access to Libraries , Encyclopedias, or the written works by the Prophet Joseph Smith or Brigham Young, or testimonies by Ex: Mormons, or something like A BOOK of MORMON exposes all the beliefs. Lol! oh pahleeze my sides hurt!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Totally agreed. Remember when I said:

CARM is the epitome of that. They don't care about truth. Literally every sentence is a straw man. And then they ask you for a donation. Their inaccuracy and flaming is widely known.
Um, I love my mom, don't get me wrong here, but cram hounds her relentlessly for donations, I guess she made the mistake of sending them money once.

I'll see if I can post some images, they are quite sophisticated in their appeals, I know from printing experience their mailers are not cheap either, generally contain some hyped fear ref and then...well, I'll let the pictures talk, they tell the story better than I could I guess

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Mr Slick's daughter, Rachael, is an atheist gee surprise, Google can provide more from the horses mouth I guess. Now she seems quite centered imo, hmm. Sure know which one I'd pick to babysit anyway lol. I read for like ten minutes (1 minute 12 seconds) and cannot find a single statement of "Absolute Truth!"
Ha!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess ppl maybe fear me bc it appears I might negate the whole NT for them...
If you or me or anyone can so negate it in someone else's view we should wonder perhaps where they came up with such a tenuous view? We must have a vision so as not to perish, but neither can we stand still with our vision while we have time remaining to us. To do so is to become stagnate, is it not?

but while I'm still not sure if Walking on Water is a euphemism or not, I can certainly testify to the "miraculous" nature of revelation that makes "walking on water" such an apt phrase regardless

Perhaps it is the spoiled or overly salted or stagnate water of men and their ways on which Jesus walked. For the flesh such water is poisonous to the body of a man. We need to drink fresh water... not walk on it. It reminds of school and being taught that the human body is mostly water. What kind of water are we, the water of the old man or of the new man? Do we consume the good pure water or do we drown in or die from consumption of the dirty water? If it is dirty it certainly better I would think to walk on top of it than to become immersed in it.

And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations." Rev 22:1-2

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If you or me or anyone can so negate it in someone else's view we should wonder perhaps where they came up with such a tenuous view? We must have a vision so as not to perish, but neither can we stand still with our vision while we have time remaining to us. To do so is to become stagnate, is it not?
nice, ya. I'm curious in this vein the last time you witnessed a believer dying in their sleep?
Or doing something they loved?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is typical when you call out a false prophet or false teacher or false teaching, they always have their defenders. It's amusing that anyone in 2019 thinks these religious cults beliefs are secret, & that they will deny the facts right to your face. Sad. This is why Cults are dangerous and need to be exposed , because they only hide the truth in order to lure others into their delusional deceptive web. Smith was of highly questionable character as all cult leaders & false prophets. Nothing new under the sun.
^That is a FANTASTIC description of Mr Slick, except that you left out the part where he motivates everything by threats, hound you for money, and shun fact checking.

Last edited:
B

brakelite

And with all of that said I hope others do not miss your motivation here being you belong to a cult.
LOL. Amazing that you read my post, (quote: shotgun at 200 meters) then take out that very gun and let loose. So predictable. Core, I really don't mind if you can speak of specifics as far as the Mormon church is concerned...I do recollect you having done so previously, but I don't think it ended well for either you or Jane doe. Can't remember which one opted out first...but like I said, if your motives are right, and your concern is genuinely for the enlightenment of the deceived, you will pursue it to the end. And if Jane Doe is true to her word, she will listen to the end.

As for me, I feel Jane's frustration. I know I am a Christian. I know the Christ is working in me His life. I also believe I am in the right church...for me...at this time. I don't agree 100% with everything my church teaches. In fact, I think you would agree with my church against me regarding the trinity issue. But like I said, if you have something specific against what we teach, then go hard. You have mentioned once or twice the investigative judgement, that you disagreed with it, but didn't say why. That's like saying you disagree with the Catholic eucharist, but not explaining what is precisely wrong with it. It is shallow and suggests you don't actually know why, you don't actually know what it is that we teach regarding it, but because everyone else doesn't like it, you don't want to be left out.

B

brakelite

Well yes and no! We want to always regularly start again at the lowest room so that God can reassure on what we have correctly and change us where He sees the need. A person who is unable or unwilling to do that will have lost his love for truth and taken hold of a love for his already set in concrete doctrines or beliefs:

"But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted." Luke 14:10-11

"And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:" II Thess 2:10-11
Indeed, that is very true, and was the case for me 20 years ago. I was a member of the AOG for 12 years or so until I fell away from faith altogether. Then when my eyes were opened, I saw my marriage falling apart...my children walking the ways of the world without Christ...prompted me to come back to Him. Falling on my face I pleaded with Him to start afresh...to teach me from scratch...I wanted no gaps, no doubts, no half-truths, no half-pie beliefs that weren't fully supported from scripture, and I did not want to fall away again or go the way of so many whose faith is up and down like a roller coaster ...high one day low the next. I fully surrendered that day. And I do so every day now.
And He did just that. While kneeling before Him that very moment, despite not having had a Bible in my hand for many years, He said, "seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things (a healed marriage and my children in faith) would be added unto you". He has kept His promise. So yes, sometimes we need to start over...start from scratch again just to say to God, cleanse me from all the rubbish that may have gotten through, deliver me from the viruses that are so prevalent in the church slowing down and sometimes preventing optimum performance.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed, that is very true, and was the case for me 20 years ago. I was a member of the AOG for 12 years or so until I fell away from faith altogether. Then when my eyes were opened, I saw my marriage falling apart...my children walking the ways of the world without Christ...prompted me to come back to Him. Falling on my face I pleaded with Him to start afresh...to teach me from scratch...I wanted no gaps, no doubts, no half-truths, no half-pie beliefs that weren't fully supported from scripture, and I did not want to fall away again or go the way of so many whose faith is up and down like a roller coaster ...high one day low the next. I fully surrendered that day. And I do so every day now.
And He did just that. While kneeling before Him that very moment, despite not having had a Bible in my hand for many years, He said, "seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things (a healed marriage and my children in faith) would be added unto you". He has kept His promise. So yes, sometimes we need to start over...start from scratch again just to say to God, cleanse me from all the rubbish that may have gotten through, deliver me from the viruses that are so prevalent in the church slowing down and sometimes preventing optimum performance.
Thank you for sharing your journey @brakelite

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus