Christ vs the anti-Christ: Who is winning?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

brakelite

Uggg....Nothing you say is logical.....Soooooo I will digress....Mary
Mmm, no surprise there...you did precisely what I said you do when confronted by something you can't handle...you avoid.

B

brakelite

Hmmmmm......1 billion+ Catholics/Orthodox follow the same teachings.

Fewer than 1 billion Christians are Protestants (with a large majority of them holding some Catholic beliefs)

You and your ilk are in the minority sooooo how has the CC "already fallen"??? ;)

It's hard to take you serious when you say such things.
LOL. Give me one instance in human history when the majority were correct. What happened to the majority in Noah's day? What were the majority of priests doing on Mt Carmel when confronted by Elijah? Where were the majority when Christ was hanging on the cross? Will it be the minority or the majority who walk through the wide gate to destruction??

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the scriptures are the criteria. I also think you like everyone else can understand the scriptures if you choose to truly listen to them objectively. The problem with most of us is we choose not to listen to the scriptures objectively.

If we only see things as a number thing then we will most likely throw away quality. God has always wanted those who love him so much that whatever he tells you what to do or what not to do, you will see it as an act of love of what is best for you or what's not best for you. In other words you will have faith in that love God has for you. Everyone of us has the ability to choose to love God to have faith in him. The question is will we? The scriptures are an expression of God's love for us.
Thank you. I believe I have listened to Scripture objectively and can understand most of it. I suspect you believe you believe the same thing about yourself however we PROBABLY disagree on many of those "objective" things.

If Scriptures are the criteria on determining who the true Christians are then who's interpretation of Scripture do we rely on to set that criteria?

Your interpretation? My interpretation? The CC's interpretation? The Baptist...Methodist....Joel Olsten....Mormons???

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can direct you to better teachers -- the prophets and the apostles themselves -- since their words (infallibly given by divine inspiration) are all found in the 66 books of Protestant Bibles. But the Church Fathers were not infallible, and it was through them that the false teaching of baptismal regeneration came into vogue.

Jesus, the prophets, and the apostles all said that the New Birth is an ABSOLUTE NECESSITY in order to see and to enter into the Kingdom of God. And that is not via water baptism (as taught by the CC) but the baptism WITH the Holy Ghost.

JOHN THE BAPTIST
I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire: (Mt 3:11)

THE LORD JESUS CHRIST (JOHN 3)
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

THE APOSTLE PAUL (TITUS 3)
4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

THE APOSTLE PETER (1 PETER 1)
23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:
25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.
Thank you Enoch.

Question for ya' Enoch so I can better understand what you are saying or what you believe: Are you suggesting water does not need to be used at all in baptism?

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mmm, no surprise there...you did precisely what I said you do when confronted by something you can't handle...you avoid.
No sir. Not avoiding anything. I and others on here have confronted/corrected you on all of your lies and false teachings. To continue would just be beating a dead horse.

It is impossible to have a logical conversation with an illogical person who makes illogical and false statements and is so rabid anti-Catholic that he is blinded by facts.

However I will admit you did own up to your recent false statement which is rare for anyone to do on this forum :rolleyes:. I thank you for your honesty in that specific discussion.

Love, Mary

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you. I believe I have listened to Scripture objectively and can understand most of it. I suspect you believe you believe the same thing about yourself however we PROBABLY disagree on many of those "objective" things.

If Scriptures are the criteria on determining who the true Christians are then who's interpretation of Scripture do we rely on to set that criteria?

Your interpretation? My interpretation? The CC's interpretation? The Baptist...Methodist....Joel Olsten....Mormons???

Mary

All of us are individuals so we must decide for ourselves. So ask youself questions. Since we all know the word Christian means," Christ like" what person or persons are truly Christ like. Since love is at the core of being a Christian ask yourself would a Baptist kill another Baptist just because the countries each Baptist lived in told them to because the two different countries we're at war with each other. True Christians have to bear in mind that the scriptures tell you if you can't love your brother( two true Christian Brothers) who you can see then you can't truly love God who you can't see. Love for the True God is absolutely essential to being a true servant of God. He insists that we love each other. In fact the scriptures say that the True Christian organization would be known by True Christians, because The True Christian organization would have love among themselves. Ask yourself who actually has love among themselves like that.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL. Give me one instance in human history when the majority were correct. What happened to the majority in Noah's day? What were the majority of priests doing on Mt Carmel when confronted by Elijah? Where were the majority when Christ was hanging on the cross? Will it be the minority or the majority who walk through the wide gate to destruction??
Good point.

The only instance I can give you is when the majority was correct was AFTER the flood for there were only eight left and those eight were in the majority. ;)

Since we can't rely on the majority (those who don't follow the teachings of Jesus) to determine what is true we must rely on the minority.

I choose the majority of the minority. You choose the minority of the majority. Now the question is who is right? Your minority or my majority?

Mary

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of us are individuals so we must decide for ourselves. So ask youself questions. Since we all know the word Christian means," Christ like" what person or persons are truly Christ like. Since love is at the core of being a Christian ask yourself would a Baptist kill another Baptist just because the countries each Baptist lived in told them to because the two different countries we're at war with each other. True Christians have to bear in mind that the scriptures tell you if you can't love your brother( two true Christian Brothers) who you can see then you can't truly love God who you can't see. Love for the True God is absolutely essential to being a true servant of God. He insists that we love each other. In fact the scriptures say that the True Christian organization would be known by True Christians, because The True Christian organization would have love among themselves. Ask yourself who actually has love among themselves like that.
Hi Barney,

If we all "decide for ourselves" that means there is no Truth in Scripture OR we will never know the Truth of Scripture since your truth is different than my truth and the CC truth is different than Baptist truth which is different than Lutheran truth etc. etc.

What you believe is "Christ like" could be not Christ like. There are some who believe homosexual marriage and abortion are validated in Scripture. Would you say they are "Christ like"? Of course not. But your theory suggest that we must decide for ourselves....That makes NO sense.

Scripture talks about the teaching of sound doctrine (singular) not doctrines (plural). Jesus prayed that we would all be one not divided in our beliefs.

Your theory is OPPOSITE of what Scripture teaches and Jesus prayed for.

Mary

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Barney,

If we all "decide for ourselves" that means there is no Truth in Scripture OR we will never know the Truth of Scripture since your truth is different than my truth and the CC truth is different than Baptist truth which is different than Lutheran truth etc. etc.

What you believe is "Christ like" could be not Christ like. There are some who believe homosexual marriage and abortion are validated in Scripture. Would you say they are "Christ like"? Of course not. But your theory suggest that we must decide for ourselves....That makes NO sense.

Scripture talks about the teaching of sound doctrine (singular) not doctrines (plural). Jesus prayed that we would all be one not divided in our beliefs.

Your theory is OPPOSITE of what Scripture teaches and Jesus prayed for.

Mary

Jesus Christ gave the rule for doing this. He explained that the true servants of God could be distinguished from the false ones by what they produce. He said: “By their fruits you will recognize them.” (Matt. 7:16) Therefore, it is possible to identify the true religion by the fruitage produced by its people.

What, then, are some of the fine fruits that true worshipers would produce? Is there really one religion whose people stand out as different from all the others because of their producing these fruits?

Jesus said that having love among themselves would distinguish his true followers from other people. He said: “By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves.”—John 13:35.

This love that would distinguish Christ’s true followers is not expressed merely with the lips, but it deeply affects their way of life. It influences their attitude toward peoples of all races and nationalities. Do the churches with which you are acquainted instill in their members such genuine love? For example, what happens when grievances between worldly nations lead to war?

The facts show that by far the majority of religions have blessed their members who have taken up weapons and slaughtered their fellow believers of another race or nationality on the battlefields. Do you think that such a course is demonstrating love toward fellow believers? Could you, for instance, imagine Jesus preaching a sermon urging his disciples to kill one another at the command of the State just because they happened to be living in different nations? No, such a course is not in accord with the Bible, nor does it reflect the spirit of God.—1 John 3:10-12; Matt. 5:44.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ gave the rule for doing this. He explained that the true servants of God could be distinguished from the false ones by what they produce. He said: “By their fruits you will recognize them.” (Matt. 7:16) Therefore, it is possible to identify the true religion by the fruitage produced by its people.

What, then, are some of the fine fruits that true worshipers would produce? Is there really one religion whose people stand out as different from all the others because of their producing these fruits?

Jesus said that having love among themselves would distinguish his true followers from other people. He said: “By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves.”—John 13:35.

This love that would distinguish Christ’s true followers is not expressed merely with the lips, but it deeply affects their way of life. It influences their attitude toward peoples of all races and nationalities. Do the churches with which you are acquainted instill in their members such genuine love? For example, what happens when grievances between worldly nations lead to war?

The facts show that by far the majority of religions have blessed their members who have taken up weapons and slaughtered their fellow believers of another race or nationality on the battlefields. Do you think that such a course is demonstrating love toward fellow believers? Could you, for instance, imagine Jesus preaching a sermon urging his disciples to kill one another at the command of the State just because they happened to be living in different nations? No, such a course is not in accord with the Bible, nor does it reflect the spirit of God.—1 John 3:10-12; Matt. 5:44.
Thank you.

All Churches would say they meet your criteria. How do we know which church is lying?

Maybe it would be easier if you just told me which church you belong to so I will know which Church meets your criteria and has true Christians in it.

Mary

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you Enoch.

Question for ya' Enoch so I can better understand what you are saying or what you believe: Are you suggesting water does not need to be used at all in baptism?
Mary, water is definitely needed for water baptism, but water baptism FOLLOWS Spirit baptism. Please note the exchange in Acts 8:

35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. [this is when the Holy Spirit was given as a gift]

38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him. ["down into the water" = immersion]

39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.
["rejoicing = the joy of salvation]

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary, water is definitely needed for water baptism, but water baptism FOLLOWS Spirit baptism. Please note the exchange in Acts 8:

35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. [this is when the Holy Spirit was given as a gift]

38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him. ["down into the water" = immersion]

39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.
["rejoicing = the joy of salvation]
Thank you.

35: Philip preached to the eunuch.
36: Eunuch saw water and asked, what is stopping me from being baptized (he desired water baptism because he knew that was the next step)
37: Philip said if you believe what I told you with all your heart and the Eunuch said he did.
38: Philip baptizes the eunuch in water because he affirmed that he believed.
39: After the baptism in water the Spirit came.

35Hear the word, 36desire to be baptized with water, 37only if you affirm that you believe can you be baptized, 38baptism with water happens, 39the spirit came.

The water baptism CLEARLY came before the Spirit sooooooo how can you say water baptism FOLLOWS Spirit baptism?

Just like when Jesus was baptized by John: He came up out of the water and the Holy Spirit descended upon Him. WATER first then Spirit. Not spirit first then water.

Are you equating his affirmation that he believed to spirit baptism???

Where in Scripture is "Spirit baptism" equated to belief?

Mary

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Where in Scripture is "Spirit baptism" equated to belief?
Since repentance and faith are two sides of the same coin, this is what Peter preached: Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. (Acts 2:38)

And just so no one would have the mistaken idea (which you have) that Spirit baptism FOLLOWS water baptism, Peter was also a witness to the opposite phenomenon (Acts 10):

SPIRIT BAPTISM
44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

OUTWARD EVIDENCE OF SPIRIT BAPTISM
45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost. 46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

WATER BAPTISM A COMMAND AFTER SALVATION
47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? 48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

B

brakelite

I and others on here have confronted/corrected you on all of your lies and false teachings.
Yes, many have indeed confronted me. They have called me wrong...a heretic... a liar...and more. But their name calling and confrontation does not make them correct. For example, the Catholic opinion on the woman of Revelation 12:1 is that it is a picture of Mary. That is merely an arbitrary opinion without any accompanying confirmation from scripture. Scripture, when speaking prophetically of a woman, as in Revelation 12, uses the woman, be it a harlot or a pure woman, as being either Israel or the church. And in some contexts, both. But never, never a specific woman. That particular Catholic teaching is nothing but superstition and nonsense invented to create a certain mindset to support papal doctrine.
I choose the majority of the minority.
Then you will have your head removed along with the priests of Baal...the prophets of Jezebel. But God has preserved for Him a remnant of the remnant. Israel was a remnant among the heathen nations...but not all who call themselves Israel are children.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, many have indeed confronted me. They have called me wrong...a heretic... a liar...and more. But their name calling and confrontation does not make them correct. For example, the Catholic opinion on the woman of Revelation 12:1 is that it is a picture of Mary. That is merely an arbitrary opinion without any accompanying confirmation from scripture. Scripture, when speaking prophetically of a woman, as in Revelation 12, uses the woman, be it a harlot or a pure woman, as being either Israel or the church. And in some contexts, both. But never, never a specific woman. That particular Catholic teaching is nothing but superstition and nonsense invented to create a certain mindset to support papal doctrine.

Then you will have your head removed along with the priests of Baal...the prophets of Jezebel. But God has preserved for Him a remnant of the remnant. Israel was a remnant among the heathen nations...but not all who call themselves Israel are children.
Well, if they have called you wrong...a heretic... a liar...and more maybe there is some truth to those allegations? How can so many people be wrong and you be right?

My head removed? Wow.....Please send me a copy of your doctrine/dogma so I can start believing what you believe and then I will certainly know the Truth. I don't want to loose my head. ;)

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have posted a thread on Seventh Day Adventist beliefs. You can certainly get a good understanding from that.
Thank you. I am not sure he even adheres to their doctrine. I believe he has modified their doctrine to fit his own beliefs.

Mary

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have made an accusation. Can you back it up with evidence or facts?

In which post was I playing a “silly game”??

Patient Mary
Maybe.....someday....@bygrace will back up what she says about me? Without evidence it remains a false statement....

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Core..lighten up!! :rolleyes:
Your literal is showing. Think outside the box.

My post was a tongue in cheek..as Jane only just got that Mary plays silly games.
@Jane_Doe22 will know why I wrote what I wrote in that post!!

She has 1374 posts...it's OBVIOUS that she has not only just got to this forum.
You missed the joke.
Sooooo are you ever going to answer post #644 or are you going to make accusations without backing them up with evidence? Without evidence that would make them false accusations....

Patient Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Roman Catholic Church came into existence in 313 AD when the pagan Emperor Constantine recognized.

It did not faintly resemble the Catholicism of today. That evolved over centuries,
Hey dodgeball...

It's been over a month now and I haven't gotten a response from you. You made a statement but haven't backed it up with facts. Are you going to at least TRY????

Can and will you give evidence that the Church hasn't taught the same basic core things since the beginning of Christianity (the first 300 years)!!

Ready to rumble Mary