Christ vs the anti-Christ: Who is winning?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Jane,

In which post did I ask you to abandon Christ?

What have you called me out on???

Please educate me: If were to believe and practice everything you do and accept all of YOUR interpretations of Scripture would I then be ACCEPTING a relationship with Christ instead of denying a relationship with Christ? Would I not be blind anymore if I listen to you and mirror everything you do?

Mary
Over and over agin.
You seemingly do not understand what it is to follow CHRIST, only to follow and worship men. You constantly play serpant's games. And I'm done with you.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once bitten....

I didn't write that. But my experience with you is that you ask questions , then try to win the day by another question.
In all the time I've seen you here I have never ever seen or read of you giving any testimony of you relationship with the Lord.
It's just question after question...at first I thought they were genuine, but you have posted to many people and it's always the same. People sincerely try to answer, and you come back with another.

So no. I don't play these games any more.
But I wish you every blessing in Christ.
Thank you. I know you didn't write that but in you response to @Jane_Doe22 you said "we have all had our turn but nice try" What you said was in regard to, what Jane Doe wrote: YOU only advocate following men, never Christ.

Soooo that is why I asked YOU because your response was AFFIRMING Jane Doe's statement....Kapish?

It's not a matter of winning the day....
It's a matter of getting to the Truth. You, like others on here, refuse to answer my follow up questions and I suspect it is because you know if you do it will reveal your false beliefs about what Scripture says.

Soooooo you can't explain to me what I have said that makes you believe that I follow men and not Christ?

Patient Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Over and over agin.
You seemingly do not understand what it is to follow CHRIST, only to follow and worship men. You constantly play serpant's games. And I'm done with you.
Lol.....Got it....You have no evidence for your accusation.

AND you can’t even educate me on how I can stop being sooooo blind.

My prayers are with you.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Core..lighten up!! :rolleyes:
Your literal is showing. Think outside the box.

My post was a tongue in cheek..as Jane only just got that Mary plays silly games.
@Jane_Doe22 will know why I wrote what I wrote in that post!!

She has 1374 posts...it's OBVIOUS that she has not only just got to this forum.
You missed the joke.
You have made an accusation. Can you back it up with evidence or facts?

In which post was I playing a “silly game”??

Patient Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed. It was a toss up. I opted for the one that would elicit the least objections from protestants... Trying to avoid needless debates on other subjects. Protestants in general have not yet shed all the Catholic baggage. For example, one core doctrine of Catholicism, the one they boast as being the foundation for all other doctrine, is the Trinity. If everything else that is error is builtn the Trinity, how truthful can the Trinity be when we consider what Jesus said regarding corrupt fruit from good trees?
HI BL,

In regards to your statement about Protestants have not yet shed all the Catholic baggage.

Are you saying that if a Church is completly OPPOSITE of the CC it is a Church worth listening to or following?

Curious Mary

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HI BL,

In regards to your statement about Protestants have not yet shed all the Catholic baggage.

Are you saying that if a Church is completly OPPOSITE of the CC it is a Church worth listening to or following?

Curious Mary
Mary: any church consists of sinners. If you are following a church and not Christ, then you are not a Christian. You are on here prostylizing that we all quit being Christians and instead abandon Him for sinners.

And with that, I am now placing you on ignore. I pray that one day you will become a Christ follower.

Reactions: Marymog

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have struggled with this question and am not sure how to say that the teachings of Christ are winning. Even though some of the teachings are not anti-Christian teachings they don't conform to Christ teachings. There are over 7 billion people in this world, however, Christians only make up a little over 2 billion people. More people believe in a teaching that is not of Christ.

Is Satan winning?

Of course God who is working through his Son Jesus Christ is winning, there should never be any doubt about that. One thing that should be remembered however is that The True God Jehovah's is searching for those who truly love him and have faith in him because of that love they have for him.

I do think however that the number of true servants of God, those following the example of Jesus Christ being 2 billion is way off. While I think that true Christians may number into millions in the world today I honestly don't think it's close to 2 billion. If we go by the pattern that's in the scriptures Satan disciples have always outnumbered true servants of God. Does that mean Satan is winning? No, because like I said The True God Jehovah has always been looking for those that have faith in him because of that love they have for him. These are the ones who will receive the gift of eternal life. Satan has never had the ability to give you eternal life and never will, no matter how many choose to follow him. So one day the Creation (heaven where the Angels exist and the physical universe where Earth exist and humans on it) will be filled with only those who truly love The True God and his Only begotten Son while Satan and his servants, Angels and humans, will be destroyed out of existence.

Reactions: Helen
B

brakelite

And I know Catholicism- it is a MUCH greater faith than the apostate human-worshipping that Mary prosylizes.
No, it isn't. It is precisely the same as Mary offers. What Mary offers is pure Catholicism. The exaltation of man in Christ's stead...which is Antichrist.
Of course they haven't. And as a result they find it difficult to defend their Protestant beliefs from scripture, because the Catholicism from which they inherited those beliefs, didn't get them from scripture. Which is why you take the strategy you do, which is typically Jesuit in origin. You KNOW that certain Protestant doctrines would not be in existence unless they were based in part upon Catholic tradition. So you argue and ask question challenging them on that basis. Demanding they substantiate their beliefs on scripture, and when they struggle, throwing it in their face claiming their sola scriptura stance must be wrong, because their only foundation is Catholicism. Not on all things however...and you steer clear of those topics that are based on scripture alone. We all know that Catholicism does not base their religion on the scriptures. They base their religion on man's interpretation of the scriptures, claiming the "magisterium" as being authoritative in all manner of faith and practice, being "infallible", even in instances where their teachings totally contradict scripture. The church comes first. Man comes first.
For example....
All men are sinners. You follow your sinners, I follow mine.
IN many instances, this is true. Protestants often follow their leaders who reject scripture just as you do. But not all. And not in everything...whuch leads to my answer to....
No. But an individual who comes fully out of Babylon, will not be imbibing of the Catholic superstitions and unbiblical teachings of man. Some general teachings of Catholicism are correct. There is a God. Jesus is the Son of God. Jesus died to secure our salvation. But scratch the surface a little on those statements and one begins to uncover that the Catholic paint with which he covers over such teachings is only a ruse to hide the rust underneath. The God that Catholics worship...aka trinity..is a lie. The Son that Catholics purport to worship is not the Jesus of the Bible. One doesn't need an intermediary (Mary, saints etc) to approach the Jesus of the Bible. Thus the character and nature of the Catholic Jesus is far removed from the character and nature of the true Jesus. And as far as salvation is concerned...well others have written extensively on the subject of the so called agreement between the Lutherans and Catholics on the subject of Justification by Faith. A fraudulent document that hides the fact that the Catholic meaning of justification by faith does not equate at all with the Biblical meaning. Nor the true Protestant meaning.
Catholicism is very much like the leopard beast of Revelation 13. It cannot change its spots...it can not, nor has it, changed its beliefs to be more in line with the righteousness by faith/salvation by grace through faith concept of justification as taught in scripture, and as every true Protestant bar but a few that in the dark ages died defending.

B

brakelite

But in response to the original question that @Marymog asked, who is winning, Christ, or Antichrist, the answer is easy.

Christ has already won...the Catholic church, Babylon the Great Mother of Harlots and Abominations of the Earth, has already fallen.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it isn't. It is precisely the same as Mary offers. What Mary offers is pure Catholicism. The exaltation of man in Christ's stead...which is Antichrist.
I'm gong to respectfully disagree with you on this. While I don't agree with parts of Catholic doctrine, there are MANY good Christ followers within.

B

brakelite

I'm gong to respectfully disagree with you on this. While I don't agree with parts of Catholic doctrine, there are MANY good Christ followers within.
I didn't say there weren't Christians within the Catholic church. There are, not because they are Catholics, but despite it. They are living up to what light they have and searching for more, hungry for truth. But the system they are under is still Antichrist, and God calls His people out of her. (Revel. 18:4).

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say there weren't Christians within the Catholic church. There are, not because they are Catholics, but despite it. They are living up to what light they have and searching for more, hungry for truth. But the system they are under is still Antichrist, and God calls His people out of her. (Revel. 18:4).

Well said.

Cults like Catholicism and Mormonism have members that make you wonder why they are members.

They are not strong in the faith or growing stronger because of the cult influence, but they can still be saved.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course God who is working through his Son Jesus Christ is winning, there should never be any doubt about that. One thing that should be remembered however is that The True God Jehovah's is searching for those who truly love him and have faith in him because of that love they have for him.

I do think however that the number of true servants of God, those following the example of Jesus Christ being 2 billion is way off. While I think that true Christians may number into millions in the world today I honestly don't think it's close to 2 billion. If we go by the pattern that's in the scriptures Satan disciples have always outnumbered true servants of God. Does that mean Satan is winning? No, because like I said The True God Jehovah has always been looking for those that have faith in him because of that love they have for him. These are the ones who will receive the gift of eternal life. Satan has never had the ability to give you eternal life and never will, no matter how many choose to follow him. So one day the Creation (heaven where the Angels exist and the physical universe where Earth exist and humans on it) will be filled with only those who truly love The True God and his Only begotten Son while Satan and his servants, Angels and humans, will be destroyed out of existence.
Thank you.

Got it.....You don't see it as a numbers thing. Seven billion people in this world and, according to your theory, only several million are "true Christians". Just based on the numbers it APPEARS Satan is winning....IMO

Quick question Barney: How do we decide who is a "true Christian"? I guess what I am asking is how do I know if I am one of those "true Christians" you are talking about? What is the criteria?

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Of course they haven't. And as a result they find it difficult to defend their Protestant beliefs from scripture, because the Catholicism from which they inherited those beliefs, didn't get them from scripture. Which is why you take the strategy you do, which is typically Jesuit in origin. You KNOW that certain Protestant doctrines would not be in existence unless they were based in part upon Catholic tradition. So you argue and ask question challenging them on that basis. Demanding they substantiate their beliefs on scripture, and when they struggle, throwing it in their face claiming their sola scriptura stance must be wrong, because their only foundation is Catholicism. Not on all things however...and you steer clear of those topics that are based on scripture alone. We all know that Catholicism does not base their religion on the scriptures. They base their religion on man's interpretation of the scriptures, claiming the "magisterium" as being authoritative in all manner of faith and practice, being "infallible", even in instances where their teachings totally contradict scripture. The church comes first. Man comes first.
For example....

IN many instances, this is true. Protestants often follow their leaders who reject scripture just as you do. But not all. And not in everything...whuch leads to my answer to....

No. But an individual who comes fully out of Babylon, will not be imbibing of the Catholic superstitions and unbiblical teachings of man. Some general teachings of Catholicism are correct. There is a God. Jesus is the Son of God. Jesus died to secure our salvation. But scratch the surface a little on those statements and one begins to uncover that the Catholic paint with which he covers over such teachings is only a ruse to hide the rust underneath. The God that Catholics worship...aka trinity..is a lie. The Son that Catholics purport to worship is not the Jesus of the Bible. One doesn't need an intermediary (Mary, saints etc) to approach the Jesus of the Bible. Thus the character and nature of the Catholic Jesus is far removed from the character and nature of the true Jesus. And as far as salvation is concerned...well others have written extensively on the subject of the so called agreement between the Lutherans and Catholics on the subject of Justification by Faith. A fraudulent document that hides the fact that the Catholic meaning of justification by faith does not equate at all with the Biblical meaning. Nor the true Protestant meaning.
Catholicism is very much like the leopard beast of Revelation 13. It cannot change its spots...it can not, nor has it, changed its beliefs to be more in line with the righteousness by faith/salvation by grace through faith concept of justification as taught in scripture, and as every true Protestant bar but a few that in the dark ages died defending.
Uggg....Nothing you say is logical.....Soooooo I will digress....Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But in response to the original question that @Marymog asked, who is winning, Christ, or Antichrist, the answer is easy.

Christ has already won...the Catholic church, Babylon the Great Mother of Harlots and Abominations of the Earth, has already fallen.
Hmmmmm......1 billion+ Catholics/Orthodox follow the same teachings.

Fewer than 1 billion Christians are Protestants (with a large majority of them holding some Catholic beliefs)

You and your ilk are in the minority sooooo how has the CC "already fallen"??? ;)

It's hard to take you serious when you say such things.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I guess what I am asking is how do I know if I am one of those "true Christians" you are talking about? What is the criteria?
The criterion is the New Birth. Do you know that you have been born again and that the Holy Spirit lives within you? If that is true, the Holy Spirit will also show you that the Catholic Church teaches a false Christianity and you should flee from it.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The criterion is the New Birth. Do you know that you have been born again and that the Holy Spirit lives within you? If that is true, the Holy Spirit will also show you that the Catholic Church teaches a false Christianity and you should flee from it.
Thank you Enoch.

Please tell me what you teach so that I may have the Truth and not be a false Christian. You clearly know better than the Apostolic Fathers; men who walked and talked with the Apostles.

Enlighten me....:rolleyes:

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The big stressed here is that a person should learn from GOD, via the Holy Spirit. It is *NOT* about looking for a sinner to be your teacher--- turn your eyes upwards towards heaven, not to the filthy things of the earth.
I have met people in the Catholic Church who are honestly Christ-followers and not sinner-followers.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you.

Got it.....You don't see it as a numbers thing. Seven billion people in this world and, according to your theory, only several million are "true Christians". Just based on the numbers it APPEARS Satan is winning....IMO

Quick question Barney: How do we decide who is a "true Christian"? I guess what I am asking is how do I know if I am one of those "true Christians" you are talking about? What is the criteria?

Mary

I believe the scriptures are the criteria. I also think you like everyone else can understand the scriptures if you choose to truly listen to them objectively. The problem with most of us is we choose not to listen to the scriptures objectively.

If we only see things as a number thing then we will most likely throw away quality. God has always wanted those who love him so much that whatever he tells you what to do or what not to do, you will see it as an act of love of what is best for you or what's not best for you. In other words you will have faith in that love God has for you. Everyone of us has the ability to choose to love God to have faith in him. The question is will we? The scriptures are an expression of God's love for us.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You clearly know better than the Apostolic Fathers; men who walked and talked with the Apostles.
I can direct you to better teachers -- the prophets and the apostles themselves -- since their words (infallibly given by divine inspiration) are all found in the 66 books of Protestant Bibles. But the Church Fathers were not infallible, and it was through them that the false teaching of baptismal regeneration came into vogue.

Jesus, the prophets, and the apostles all said that the New Birth is an ABSOLUTE NECESSITY in order to see and to enter into the Kingdom of God. And that is not via water baptism (as taught by the CC) but the baptism WITH the Holy Ghost.

JOHN THE BAPTIST
I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire: (Mt 3:11)

THE LORD JESUS CHRIST (JOHN 3)
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

THE APOSTLE PAUL (TITUS 3)
4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

THE APOSTLE PETER (1 PETER 1)
23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:
25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Reactions: Jane_Doe22