Christ vs the anti-Christ: Who is winning?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it is. It is his rock. His foundation. He has nothing without it. The word of God is the creative power that converts the soul. It is the power of God to sanctify. When Jesus (the Word) said without Me ye can do nothing, He meant it. I am not saying that the Bible is Jesus. I am saying that the Bible was inspired, both old and new testaments, by the Spirit of Jesus. And it is the Spirit that gives power to His word. "My word shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that for which I have sent it".
If you have another authority apart from the word of God you are playing with fire and putting your eternal destiny in the hands of someone other than your Creator.
But that's not the definition of sola Bilia. To be sola Biblia means to ONLY use the Bible. No inclusion of God Himself, no inclusion of prayer, no inclusion historical/cultural context, no knowledge of what the cannon even should be. Sola Biblia is an idiotic idea that no Christian should strive for.

What you are advocating: using scripture, having that be your foundation, inclusion of God and the Spirit-- that's a GREAT thing. Not the idiotic sola Biblia idea.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But the holy Spirit will contradict scripture.
??? Holy Spirit will never contradict scripture, but He will explain what it actually means.

Gal_1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Reactions: Jane_Doe22
B

brakelite

??? Holy Spirit will never contradict scripture, but He will explain what it actually means.

Gal_1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
Correct. I need to take more care editing my posts. Have corrected the original.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry, but I still need to be blunt here--

Yes, someone that tries to seize the throne of God.

You're actively advocating worshipping and following sinners.
Thank you for your bluntness. It is sincerely appreciated.

How is Marymog trying to "seize the throne of God"? Or are you talking about the CC?

Which post(s) did I advocate for the worshipping and following sinners? Are you suggesting that by following the teachings of The Church I am advocating that?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now Mary you are just being plain stupid and arrogant. Thats what you get for joining yourself to a religion, you catch its diseases like when a man sleeps with a whore and becomes joined to her.

Christians belong to Christ they belong to no man, just like it says,

Joh_10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh_10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

if you would rather your religion and your idols and your god, the pope that is your problem.
Hi MJ,

Wow....I'm being stupid???? How Christian like of you......:rolleyes:

You use passages from Scripture that you believe supports your beliefs/doctrine/dogma and show others how they are wrong. The Pope uses passages from Scripture to support the Churches beliefs/doctrines/dogmas and show others how they are wrong. YOU ARE JUST LIKE THE POPE!! ;)

The only difference is he has 1 billion people in his flock. How many are in your flock?

You think you are different then the men of denominational Churches but you are not. You are just another man that uses Scripture to support what you believe. Your show pride and arrogance in your post. Pride and arrogance and the way of evil and perverted speech I hate (Proverbs 8:13).

Talk no more so very proudly, let not arrogance come from your mouth; for the Lord is a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed.

When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with the humble is wisdom

Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.

One's pride will bring him low, but he who is lowly in spirit will obtain honor.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. not over yet. While I stand corrected over the "admittance" part, when will the pope thus relinquish his claim to headship over all Christendom based as it is on a fraud? And what of any recompense to those affected by the theft vast treasures and lands that were claimed on the basis of that document?
HI BL,

I suspect the Pope while release his headship over all of Christendom here on earth and The Church will relinquish it's claim on knowing The Truth of Scripture when Jesus returns to earth and thanks The Pope and The Church for being His representative here on earth. When will you relinquish your claim that YOU know the Truth and that you represent His teachings?

You couldn't even get right something so simple as The Churches' stance on the Donation of Constantine and you want everyone that enters your twisted website that twist's truth, history and scripture to think that you are right about your interpretation of Scripture and how it shows The Church/Pope as the anti-Christ???? :(

Since you can't be trusted in the simple things.....you can't be trusted in the big things.

Mary

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your bluntness. It is sincerely appreciated.

How is Marymog trying to "seize the throne of God"? Or are you talking about the CC?

Which post(s) did I advocate for the worshipping and following sinners? Are you suggesting that by following the teachings of The Church I am advocating that?

Curious Mary
Continuing with the bluntness:
Mary, talking to YOU is liking talking to a atheist. YOU only advocate following men, never Christ. YOU scoff at the idea that a person should have a relationship with Christ, instead once again, advocating following and placing sinners on the throne that belongs to God alone.

Reactions: brakelite and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Mary, talking to YOU is liking talking to a atheist. YOU only advocate following men, never Christ. YOU scoff at the idea that a person should have a relationship with Christ, instead once again, advocating following and placing sinners on the throne that belongs to God alone.

Hahaha!! You just 'got here'...welcome to the forum Jane. :D
We have all had 'our turn'...but, ...nice try. :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, she did not just get here. She has been here defending Mormonism as a Mormon.

Core..lighten up!! :rolleyes:
Your literal is showing. Think outside the box.

My post was a tongue in cheek..as Jane only just got that Mary plays silly games.
@Jane_Doe22 will know why I wrote what I wrote in that post!!

She has 1374 posts...it's OBVIOUS that she has not only just got to this forum.
You missed the joke.

Reactions: Dave L

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My post was a tongue in cheek..as Jane only just got that Mary plays silly games.

You missed the joke.

Yes I missed it.

Did you bite your tongue?

Reactions: Helen

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try to be charitable. Try REALLY hard. And I know Catholicism- it is a MUCH greater faith than the apostate human-worshipping that Mary prosylizes.

You missed the joke.
Oh I've known for a long time, and I've called her out on it many times. Again, just was trying to be charitable. But when a person literally asks me to abandon Christ to follow their sinful butt instead, I got to be blunt. I am freaking tired of all of these multiple people on here who ask me to worship them, that deny a person's relationship with Christ, and are so blinded by their love of sinners/ego that they refuse to see.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Try to be charitable. Try REALLY hard. And I know Catholicism- it is a MUCH greater faith than the apostate human-worshipping that Mary prosylizes.

Oh I've known for a long time, and I've called her out on it many times. Again, just was trying to be charitable. But when a person literally asks me to abandon Christ to follow their sinful butt instead, I got to be blunt. I am freaking tired of all of these multiple people on here who ask me to worship them, that deny a person's relationship with Christ, and are so blinded by their love of sinners/ego that they refuse to see.

But my dear...I think your discerner got broken...it took you too long to 'get it', ..that wearing us down is all part of her game...
I had to learn the hard way, as have many others.
I stupidly through that the questions were genuine in the beginning...and fell into the same trap.

But, Trolls will always be with us. Chin up. :)

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But my dear...I think your discerner got broken...it took you too long to 'get it', ..that wearing us down is all part of her game...
I had to learn the hard way, as have many others.
I stupidly through that the questions were genuine in the beginning...and fell into the same trap.

But, Trolls will always be with us. Chin up. :)
Again, trying to be charitable. Somebody who trolls literally in the name of God should not be welcome.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you.

I don't understand what you mean when you suggest that I am advocating following men, never Christ. :(

To help me better understand what you mean could you or @bygrace give me an example of what I am doing that advocates the following of men over Christ?

Thank you in advance.....Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi BG,

Can you explain to me what I have said that makes you believe that I follow men and not Christ?

Sincerely, Mary

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi BG,

Can you explain to me what I have said that makes you believe that I follow men and not Christ?

Sincerely, Mary

Once bitten....

I didn't write that. But my experience with you is that you ask questions , then try to win the day by another question.
In all the time I've seen you here I have never ever seen or read of you giving any testimony of you relationship with the Lord.
It's just question after question...at first I thought they were genuine, but you have posted to many people and it's always the same. People sincerely try to answer, and you come back with another.

So no. I don't play these games any more.
But I wish you every blessing in Christ.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Jane,

In which post did I ask you to abandon Christ?

What have you called me out on???

Please educate me: If were to believe and practice everything you do and accept all of YOUR interpretations of Scripture would I then be ACCEPTING a relationship with Christ instead of denying a relationship with Christ? Would I not be blind anymore if I listen to you and mirror everything you do?

Mary