Christain Symbols: Evil or Good?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mikey

Jan 22, 2008
I have read stuff about some of the symbols used for Christianity are also used as occult symbols. But is it that people have taken occult symbols and used them for Christianity. Or did occult people take Christian symbols and use them? I Don't like having images of Jesus because I feel I start to think of just an image instead of how amazing and unimaginable God is.But I like symbols to remind me or maybe start conversations as to what they mean with non-believers. For example the 9-pointed start which represents the Fruits of the Spirit. But it is also the symbol of the Baha'i faith. http://www.religionfacts.com/christianity/...-point-star.htmDoes this make it wrong to use this symbol?Or the eye of God, which symbolizes how God sees all and knows all. This is also used in occult practices and often associated with the Illuminati. http://www.religionfacts.com/christianity/.../eye_of_god.htmWhat do ye think about all this?

i love god

Apr 16, 2008
in romainia they pray to picturse of jesus . and sometimes you see them in christian churches homes etc. but if you dont worship it than no big deal

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
Well It depends We use symbols to remind us of God and to try to keep our attention to God. But if you are praying to a picture of Jesus or a cross you are praying to an idol. So it all depends what you are using the symbol to do. Pray to or remind.

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
Yes, we can take anything good that God made and make it perverted. We can even "worship" the Bible, but never read it. It can sit on our coffee table, collecting dust, and remain unopened. What good does that do? These symbols without a life changed mean nothing. But... these symbols with a true faith in THE WAY, THE TRUTH, AND THE LIFE honored in all that we do means everything. It's all about our focus and motive. God knows if we love Him with all of our heart, soul, mind, and strength. That's what counts. Others will know too. We aren't fooling anyone-not even ourselves- not really.

Semachiah

Apr 7, 2008
Shalom,If it concerns you then stay away from it.Lev 26:1 Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up [any] image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I [am] the LORD your God.If it doesn't then don't worry about it.Act 10:15 And the voice [spake] unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, [that] call not thou common.

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
(Semachiah;46215)
Shalom,If it concerns you then stay away from it.Lev 26:1 Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up [any] image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I [am] the LORD your God.If it doesn't then don't worry about it.Act 10:15 And the voice [spake] unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, [that] call not thou common.
I like this fellows thinking.....

bullfighter

Jan 21, 2008
(His By Grace;46213)
Yes, we can take anything good that God made and make it perverted. We can even "worship" the Bible, but never read it. It can sit on our coffee table, collecting dust, and remain unopened. What good does that do? These symbols without a life changed mean nothing. But... these symbols with a true faith in THE WAY, THE TRUTH, AND THE LIFE honored in all that we do means everything. It's all about our focus and motive. God knows if we love Him with all of our heart, soul, mind, and strength. That's what counts. Others will know too. We aren't fooling anyone-not even ourselves- not really.
the sabbath was changed to the sunday and many protect that,,or some how they invalidate the sabbath but other noncience...[ i like the word of god they say but change it to there delight]

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
The true Sabbath is not a day it is Christ sabbath means rest we are to rest in Christ every day Christ says he came not to change the Law but to fulfil it he fulfilled the Sabbath and became our REST we are told not let ourselfs be judged on any day or religious traditions, Col.2:8 -16 Colossians 2:16 "Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:"Don't let any man judge you about ordinances that were nailed to the cross with Christ. God is not a respecter of person, He has a plan and you are part of that plan. This chapter has been steering you away from the traditions of men, and into what is real in His Word.

Semachiah

Apr 7, 2008
Shalom,Kriss, I would disagree with you. Y'SHUA is not 'the rest' but 'the way' or 'the door' into the rest of YHVH.

Semachiah

Apr 7, 2008
Shalom,Yes Y'SHUA is the way but he is also the doorway by which we come before The FATHER.As for YHVH's rest being a day, it never was. It has always been a period. In the case of humanity it is what begins after time is over and we are with YHVH. We will be in a relationship of rest with HIM forever. This is the point where one can actually say that we are "saved" for we will be complete in HIM forever.