Christian Anti Aging

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. -Romans 6:23

Many old testament biblical figures lived lives in excess of 500 years.

Today there are many celebrities who retain a youthful appearance into their 50s, 60s, 70s and beyond.

Recently there was a discussion in news cycles as to whether a few cups of wine everyday might shorten or lengthen a person's life.

Despite following many religious discussions over the last two decades. I have never seen a debate on the effect which sin might have on the human lifespan.

If it were possible for a person to live a life without sin, could they perhaps live to be 500 years old?

Does a life of sin by the same token correlate with a shortened life?

Could sin be a major factor as to how long a person might expect to live?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Today there are many celebrities who retain a youthful appearance into their 50s, 60s, 70s and beyond.

Recently there was a discussion in news cycles as to whether a few cups of wine everyday might shorten or lengthen a person's life.

Despite following many religious discussions over the last two decades. I have never seen a debate on the effect which sin might have on the human lifespan.

If it were possible for a person to live a life without sin, could they perhaps live to be 500 years old?

Depends what you mean by sin?
Look at the famous hard living rock stars, those that have kept over indulging have died, those who have stopped are still alive, though one can see the damage they have done on their faces.

There is evidence that Iiving a christian lifestyle, being involved in a church is beneficial, producing less stress etc etc.

A sin free life is only possible once Jesus has returned.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well... committing the sin of adultery increases your chances of dying from a gunshot wound if one of the spouses finds out. My doctor said he recommends to all his patients that they avoid gunshot wounds.

Yeah, death from violence, heart disease, STDs, automobile accidents, and "Here, hold my beer and watch this" have some correlation with sin. But would living a sin-free life necessarily lead to a longer life? We live in a fallen world, our bodies break down, things like cancer are no respecters of persons, and even the good die young. Our best example is a man who led a sinless life - and he died in his early 30s. Cause of death: Shock, loss of blood, and acute respiratory failure resulting from crucifixion.

Last edited:
  • Sad

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Although there are written accounts of people living a thousand years in the bible the book of Genesis spells out 120 years. My thoughts on early on bible long life might relate to a more perfect genome in the humans after the creation of Adam and Eve. There has been a lot of gene mixing over the years and mutations that lead to mortality.

Genesis 6:3 And the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.”

Notice that the above scripture spells out God's spirit as perhaps a life prolonging spirit. God tends to be more with sinless people? I'm not truly sure how that works as God goes to the sinners to help them back on the path when they have stumbled.

Last edited:

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Someone hasn't seen the latest movie on child trafficking....

That young blood has stuff in it which is like the fountain of youth in it. And supposedly the real thing is better than the artificially produced. (At 3-5x the price)

But most of Hollywood has a blevy of plastic surgeons and doctors that proscribed other drugs for skin care to keep their looks young. Then there's the hair treatments so they don't look grey or balding....well beyond the wigs.

It requires a team of people to make one person sound and look good. Then the true causes of their deaths are usually shrouded in secrecy. Everything from a lifetime of substance abuse to proper use of skin treatments and surgery. Sepsis is usually the ultimate culprit of their deaths. (Rotting from the inside out)

However....
Meeting your Maker without being His friend? That's the stuff of real nightmares.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Although there are written accounts of people living a thousand years in the bible the book of Genesis spells out 120 years. My thoughts on early on bible long life might relate to a more perfect genome in the humans after the creation of Adam and Eve. There has been a lot of gene mixing over the years and mutations that lead to mortality.

Genesis 6:3 And the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.”

Notice that the above scripture spells out God's spirit as perhaps a life prolonging factor. God tends to be more with sinless people? I'm not truly sure how that works as God goes to the sinners to help them back on the path when they have stumbled.
But did you notice how old Abraham was when he died?
175 is 55 years past the proscribed 120.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But did you notice how old Abraham was when he died?
175 is 55 years past the proscribed 120.
Yes Abraham was a person early on in the bible accounts. If I remember right perhaps long before Moses. He's written of in Genesis 22 and such time before Exodus.

Reactions: JohnDB

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes Abraham was a person early on in the bible accounts. If I remember right perhaps long before Moses. He's written of in Genesis 22 and such time before Exodus.
Oh yes it was a long time before Moses....
Like 500 years before Moses. The 5th generation as proscribed by Abraham having a child at 100 years of age.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lamech begets Noah at age 188, (and Methuselah lives 802 years after begetting him.) He was also the oldest of all the figures mentioned in the Bible. Methuselah is mentioned once in the Hebrew Bible outside of Genesis, in 1 Chronicles 1:3. :)

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Someone hasn't seen the latest movie on child trafficking....

That young blood has stuff in it which is like the fountain of youth in it. And supposedly the real thing is better than the artificially produced. (At 3-5x the price)

But most of Hollywood has a blevy of plastic surgeons and doctors that proscribed other drugs for skin care to keep their looks young. Then there's the hair treatments so they don't look grey or balding....well beyond the wigs.

It requires a team of people to make one person sound and look good. Then the true causes of their deaths are usually shrouded in secrecy. Everything from a lifetime of substance abuse to proper use of skin treatments and surgery. Sepsis is usually the ultimate culprit of their deaths. (Rotting from the inside out)

However....
Meeting your Maker without being His friend? That's the stuff of real nightmares.
That reminds me of the book by Stephen King called The Outsider, a morphing 'alien' who drinks the blood of his victims that being the of young blood. Was an interesting book to read. There are a lot of people out there who are seeking to find these people though decoy(s), and then investigate face to face, there is a guy named Gordon Flowers, who is part of a group called Predator Poachers.

It's unfortunate that these things tend to start from those who have sexual immoral tendancies, some of it starts from 'foster family' or even regular families.

This was an interesting watch, it becomes a learned behavior, as though it is not wrong to do. It comes from the darkness in my opinion, the darkness of the heart. Being manipulated, and taken advantage.

Reactions: JohnDB

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No, but the wheat and the tares both live and die under the same judgment ("the wages of sin is death").

This is why Jesus (the salvation of the world) came preaching that we must be "born again"-- that is, if we are to live longer or "forever" we must put out our "hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat"...which, for lack of belief, many will not do and perish. Sadly.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, but the wheat and the tares both live and die under the same judgment ("the wages of sin is death").

This is why Jesus (the salvation of the world) came preaching that we must be "born again"-- that is, if we are to live longer or "forever" we must put out our "hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat"...which, for lack of belief, many will not do and perish. Sadly.
Rather it seems many now try and teach the idea folks dont have to BELIEVE ON JESUS THE CHRIST .
Thus how on earth are they GONNA EAT from the TREE OF LIFE .
cause the last time i checked one had this to say .
HE who believes on CHRIST has eternal life and will not perish
but he who believeth not the WRATH OF GOD ABIDES On HIM . EXACTLY SCOTT many dont do what is NECESSARY TO DO .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Many are as martha , they are troubled about doing much
and yet MARY CHOSE THE RIGHT PART . SHE SAT AT THE FEET OF JESUS , BELIEVED HIM and Learned of HIM .
THAT IS THE ONE THING THAT IS NEEDFUL . exactly scott .

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 90:10 -
The days of our lives are seventy years;
And if by reason of strength they are eighty years,
Yet their boast is only labor and sorrow;
For it is soon cut off, and we fly away.