Christian Fiction, Sci fi,make believe...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you reading the thread from back to front? I think you are not following my responses through the thread.
Eventually you did offer 2 cor12, even though you did not get it correct.
Most others just offered stories, cars running with no fuel through the desert,etc.

I asked about the virgin mary appearing in Lourdes france, and Josephs Smiths experience and no one would answer those questions, but you suggested no ones experience can be questioned???

Here is what you posted;
Heart2Soul said:
A person's testimony is not for anyone to claim didn't happen. Also, you are being a false witness to what he experienced.....because you were not there and therefore cannot tell them what they heard or didn't hear.

So according to you we cannot say Joseph smith was mistaken, because we were not there?
Your statement is wrong.You did not answer because you would contradict yourse
lf.

We cannot question the experience of the 3 little girls in Lourdes France because according to you;
because you were not there and therefore cannot tell them what they heard or didn't hear.
BTW still waiting for a scripture that says there are apostolic sign gifts.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
BTW still waiting for a scripture that says there are apostolic sign gifts.
I am surprised that you are not aware of the Scripture. Here it is:
11 I [Paul] am become a fool in glorying; ye have compelled me: for I ought to have been commended of you: for in nothing am I behind the very chiefest apostles, though I be nothing. 12 Truly the signs of an apostle were wrought among you in all patience, in signs, and wonders, and mighty deeds. (2 Cor 12:11,12)

All those miracles of Paul at Corinth were not recorded, but they had happened.
This is backed up by Hebrews 2:3,4, which tells us that God was authenticating the divine origin of the Gospel, with signs, wonders, and miracles. The sign gifts were primarily for the apostles, but we also see their companions working miracles. At the same time, it would appear that those gifts were gradually fading away, since Paul could not use his healing gifts for Timothy or Epaphroditus.

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Angelina,

The Holy Spirit is God, Why would you ask that?

There is no such thing as a believer who has not been indwelt by the Spirit of God;
rom8:
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
So you are saying that the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of the living God dwells in you but is not active in you in any way shape or form. Is that correct?

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never participated in the "animal noises" thing, but I am skeptical that anyone can convince a Cessationist to become a Continuationist on the strength of a natural argument. If we could talk them into such, someone else could just as easily talk them out of it.

I believe that God has a personal timing in His process of sanctification for His people. The faithful will be led to the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, eventually.

"Tares," OTOH, would rather filibuster and demand our attention, in an attempt to avert our eyes from Jesus. They do not argue in good faith.

Last edited:
R

Rita

You know I find myself questioning why I would ever want to ‘ go backwards ‘in my Christian life. I started out with ‘ just believing scripture ‘ despite the fact that I was well aware that it was The Holy Spirit that started me on my journey of faith, not the bible itself. That inner voice that prompted me to go to Church. It was the same inner voice that eventually directed me to grow and learn more and become more and more unsettled with just believing scripture. The same prompting that guided me to go through ‘ the alpha course with my husband. It had absolutely no impact on him. My church was very opposed to ‘ the Gifts of the Holy Spirit ‘
I found that I agreed with everything that was said on that part of the course. I had not spoken to anyone, it was just an awareness. The church I was a part of was just so ridged, lacking in joy, judgemental of anyone else that was not part of ‘ their church ‘ .....I left as I simply couldn’t move forward.
Over the years that followed , through visions, words the Lord helped me through a journey of inner healing - The Holy Spirit truly became my counsellor - that inner voice guiding and leading me. It didn’t mean I was not reliant on scripture - it was hand in hand. I cannot speak in tongues, but don’t disbelieving them.
I don’t believe in the chaotic ‘ falling about ‘ and I find it hard to relate to some of the ministries that are out there. However I do believe in the gifts continuing because of the experiences I have had within my own journey. I don’t really care if people on here don’t believe me, and I cannot prove those experiences because they are born out within a relationship with the Lord.

One thing I did learn on my own journey is that The Holy Spirit doesn’t force himself on anyone - if you want to experience a spiritual life without anything else that is offered, well that’s fine. The Lord is well able to sustain you within that. However, as I stated in my opening line - why would I want to go backwards.
I do have testimonies , things I could share, but why would I place them within a forum only to have them ripped to pieces by others.
The other day I was watching the birds feed from the grass outside my home- we had the little sparrows and the slightly different birds sharing the same space - they were not bartering for space, they were just ‘ together ‘ then I was reminded of the seagulls or blackbirds that would often swoop down and want the place just to themselves - just by their presence the two groups of smaller birds would not feel okay to stay. I instantly found myself thinking of this place , the forum.
I know I am a sparrow - and quite happy to share the space with many others. Sadly the bigger birds do there utmost to gain the ground for themselves !!
Have a blessed day ...........
Rita

Last edited by a moderator:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
11 I [Paul] am become a fool in glorying; ye have compelled me: for I ought to have been commended of you: for in nothing am I behind the very chiefest apostles, though I be nothing. 12 Truly the signs of an apostle were wrought among you in all patience, in signs, and wonders, and mighty deeds. (2 Cor 12:11,12)

This is backed up by Hebrews 2:3,4, which tells us that God was authenticating the divine origin of the Gospel, with signs, wonders, and miracles. The sign gifts were primarily for the apostles, but we also see their companions working miracles. At the same time, it would appear that those gifts were gradually fading away, since Paul could not use his healing gifts for Timothy or Epaphroditus.
As I have already shared the signs of a true apostle are not apostolic sign gifts. They received their gifts the same way we do. By the Holy Spirit.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I try to help others understand but it's too much to take in I guess.
The gifts of the Holy Spirit can only manifest by the Holy Spirit. In other words...if I was called to minister the healing gift over someone then I have to have the Holy Spirit manifest it through me as His vessel.
I can't go around healing at will....He must be involved.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The truths suggested in the OP. stand. those who have been infected by the pseudo-spirituality of the day have offered the anticipated sci fi anecdotal stories, cars running with no fuel but powered by rhyming noises,
trips to heaven and back,of course hearing audible voices, etc.
These things cause a reproach on the furthering of the gospel.
Years ago such persons went all over on the job saying how the dead were going to be raised that Sunday at church, and many saw what a poor testimony it was. The claims made on here are just that.
I have heard His voice, I have spoken in tongues and still do, I have had visions and prophecies, I have had a ministering angel speak to me....I have laid hands on a person and they were healed, and I have experienced an outbreak of laughter in church. Are you suggesting I am lying?

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We live in a day when people have turned from truth to fables so it should not be a surprise that some even on message boards have been deceived into such false ideas.

No one on this board has:

1]traveled to heaven and back

2]Had God-given visions

3]speak or pray in tongues

4]raised the dead

5]received a postcard from "Luke"

6] had any contact with Apostles

7] seen the Virgin Mary

8] been given visions

9] "move" in the gifts

10] seen demons flying around in church

11] seen demons chasing squirrels in their attic

12] bound satan

13] spoken rhema words

14] received a "double portion"

15] detecting auras

16] believing God for a miracle

17] been "slain in the Spirit"

18] name it and claim it

19 ] and of course claiming the old standby "the anointing breaks the yoke"

20]Had bouts of "holy laughter"

These and other such fabrications are offered as a poor substitute for the faith ONCE GIVEN TO THE SAINTS
Many claim these and more but need to examine their claims in light of scripture, not claim their experiences trump scripture.

Sorry Anthony, I rescinded my like on your op...only because there are several things listed on there that I do not agree with, then there are those that I DO agree with.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Rita

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More fiction and Christ dishonoring garbage;
Quote: Many churches are reporting spontaneous, uncontrollable laughter erupting from their congregations, even during times of solemn ceremony or messages from the pulpit. some report uncontrollable weeping, falling to the floor in ecstatic trances, and animal noises such as barking like dogs and roaring like lions. Some stagger and reel like drunken people, unable to walk a straight line. For simplicity's sake, all these have come to be called "holy laughter," since laughter is the preeminent phenomenon displayed. In simple terms, it is physical manifestations in the form of virtually any expression attributed to absolute control by the Holy Spirit. Holy laughter has received the endorsements of Oral and Richard Roberts, Marilyn Hickey, Paul and Jan Crouch, Karl Strader, Larry Tomszak, Kenneth Copeland, Benny Hinn, John Wimber and many other media luminaries. Media Spotlight, by Albert James Dager, page 1.

Read more: "BARKING AND HOWLING" in the spirit (messages, doctrine, churches) - Christianity - - City-Data Forum

Here you go, Any takers think this has anything to do with God other than to mock and profane that which is Holy???

You can always find counterfeits for the real workings of God's Spirit. This doesn't mean that the real workings of the Holy Spirit, such as prophecy and tongues, which are biblical gifts, are not valid.

Reactions: Rita and Jane_Doe22

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you are going to add to the word?
18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

That verse is taken out of context! In Revelation 22:18-19 it is directly speaking of the prophecy in Revelation.....What other book of the Bible has plagues other than the ones God put on Pharoah? The Book of Revelation has seven plagues. Verse 18....God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Revelation 15:1-4 King James Version (KJV)
15 And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.

Revelation 22:19
16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know I find myself questioning why I would ever want to ‘ go backwards ‘in my Christian life. I started out with ‘ just believing scripture ‘ despite the fact that I was well aware that it was The Holy Spirit that started me on my journey of faith, not the bible itself. That inner voice that prompted me to go to Church. It was the same inner voice that eventually directed me to grow and learn more and become more and more unsettled with just believing scripture. The same prompting that guided me to go through ‘ the alpha course with my husband. It had absolutely no impact on him. My church was very opposed to ‘ the Gifts of the Holy Spirit ‘
I found that I agreed with everything that was said on that part of the course. I had not spoken to anyone, it was just an awareness. The church I was a part of was just so ridged, lacking in joy, judgemental of anyone else that was not part of ‘ their church ‘ .....I left as I simply couldn’t move forward.
Over the years that followed , through visions, words the Lord helped me through a journey of inner healing - The Holy Spirit truly became my counsellor - that inner voice guiding and leading me. It didn’t mean I was not reliant on scripture - it was hand in hand. I cannot speak in tongues, but don’t disbelieving them.
I don’t believe in the chaotic ‘ falling about ‘ and I find it hard to relate to some of the ministries that are out there. However I do believe in the gifts continuing because of the experiences I have had within my own journey. I don’t give a rats arse if people on here don’t believe me, and I cannot prove those experiences because they are born out within a relationship with the Lord.

One thing I did learn on my own journey is that The Holy Spirit doesn’t force himself on anyone - if you want to experience a spiritual life without anything else that is offered, well that’s fine. The Lord is well able to sustain you within that. However, as I stated in my opening line - why would I want to go backwards.
I do have testimonies , things I could share, but why would I place them within a forum only to have them ripped to pieces by others.
The other day I was watching the birds feed from the grass outside my home- we had the little sparrows and the slightly different birds sharing the same space - they were not bartering for space, they were just ‘ together ‘ then I was reminded of the seagulls or blackbirds that would often swoop down and want the place just to themselves - just by their presence the two groups of smaller birds would not feel okay to stay. I instantly found myself thinking of this place , the forum.
I know I am a sparrow - and quite happy to share the space with many others. Sadly the bigger birds do there utmost to gain the ground for themselves !!
Have a blessed day ...........
Rita

Very well put Rita! You little sparrow :D
tenor.gif

Reactions: Rita and Heart2Soul

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That verse is taken out of context! In Revelation 22:18-19 it is directly speaking of the prophecy in Revelation.....What other book of the Bible has plagues other than the ones God put on Pharoah? The Book of Revelation has seven plagues. Verse 18....God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

15 And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.

16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Good catch H2H!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy since you hit the like button are in agreement with this garbage?

As we in-boxed already about this, I will say to any reading this that I rescinded my like on the OP as, just because I might agree with some of the list, I do NOT agree with the rest, Just because I do not have these sorts of gifts does not mean others do not have them and, I will not call my friends on here liars as, I know in my Spirit they are NOT.
xo

R

Rita

Good catch H2H!
I have quoted that to others on the forum before - it didn’t make the slightest bit of difference !
Rita

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Angelina,

So you are saying that the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of the living God dwells in you but is not active in you in any way shape or form. Is that correct?
No that is not correct.
Every Christian indwelt by the Spirit of God is gifted for service in the Kingdom of God.
The gifts of service are found in Romans.12:
3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

4 For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:

5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;

7 Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;

8 Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.

9 Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;

11 Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;

12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

13 Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.

14 Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.

15 Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.

16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.

18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
Have been quickened by the Spirit Eph2;1-3 we are new creatures 2cor5:17
The primary function of The Spirit is to allow believers to welcome the word of God, to receive it.
that is why sign gifts were given to the Apostles to credential the word of the Apostles as New Covenant Foundational stones with Jesus Himself the chief cornerstone. Eph2:
20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.
The manifestation of the sign gifts always led to the people welcoming scripture.
You can go through Acts and see it as I posted briefly earlier.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heart2Soul,
Oh and about the virgin Mary....I have never read or heard about it so I can't comment on it until I research it.

Here you go my friend, let me know if you believe it. You said if you were not there you cannot say it was right or wrong.....I believe we can reject it ;
The apparitions

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have quoted that to others on the forum before - it didn’t make the slightest bit of difference !
Rita
It is easy to understand it is strictly talking about the Book of Revelation....but hey some have eyes to see and ears to hear and some don't.

Reactions: Rita