Christian Fiction, Sci fi,make believe...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Where is ‘holy laughter’ in The Bible?...Jesus does mention the word laugh ‘woe to those who laugh now, for you shall mourn and weep. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Joseph77

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Holy Laughter movement makes me chuckle thinking about it. I won't go to one of those services because I love to laugh. God forbid I walk out happy.

Hmmm you just gotta be careful, you may literally roll on the floor laughing. :D

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here you go, Any takers think this has anything to do with God other than to mock and profane that which is Holy???

Good expose, I believe.
Those who got deceived, some a long time afterwards, continue to be deceived to this day.
So they continue, yes, if they want to
if anyone cares to defend this nonsense go for it.

I am sorry but I do not know what more I can say about this. I was just as surprised, if not more than others. Please, continue to trust God’s word, the Holy Bible, as the basis of your faith and doctrine. I should seriously suggest that holy laughter and animal noises not replace regular ministry.

The world wide deception of the so-called holy laughter, AND the results (devastating) results of that movement,
was published years ago, thoroughly, and probably can still be found if someone wants to avoid confusion about it.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who are we to say what others have experienced. We can judge its relevance to us though, and does it become sin.
Sin is bowing to another source or authority other than the Lord. Most evil gives this promise, God has failed but this experience will open up the door.

Our failure is always not to trust and wait for the Lord, in Christ we have everything, Amen
Everything is to be 'judged'/ 'tested'/. determined as written, BEFORE accepting it or a person.
Trusting Jesus and waiting on Him includes trusting His Word as Revealed by the Heavenly Creator in Scripture, and DOing the testing required, DOing the judgments required , as written. (not condemnatory type judgments, but judgments determining if something is from God (any message, any messenger, as written to be tested) .

Reactions: FollowHim

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We live in a day when people have turned ...

... into scoffers in ALL aspects of life, including obvious frauds and legitimate facts.

Jude 1:18 they said to you, “In the last time there will be scoffers, following their own ungodly passions.”

Whew,
Bobby Jo

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We live in a day when people have turned from truth to fables so it should not be a surprise that some even on message boards have been deceived into such false ideas.
There are certainly some false things set forth by some to be of God, but then again there are the real and true things that really are of God? We should be very slow to generalize like that. One case at a time as we have the need and as God talks to us about something. God does talk to people!

No one on this board has:

1]traveled to heaven and back
Yes, I have, but probably not everyone understands heaven or the heaven as I do. That's whole other subject I guess.
2]Had God-given visions
I believe that every one who lives by faith in God has a vision. The degree of clarity differs. But you are I believe speaking of a single one time occurrence such as with Paul on the road to Damascus or Joseph the husband of Mary was given letting advising him to go down to Egypt. I haven't had one like that that I can recall.
3]speak or pray in tongues
I have been praying in tongues since March of 1976. Since 2002 it has become a daily necessity for me... as part of my walk and regular communication with God. Without it I might be spiritually and physically dead.
4]raised the dead
I think that no one but God has done this either physically and spiritually. He has, however, certainly at times worked through people to do it. There is also certainly more than one person on this forum who was dead but now is alive. Is this not what happens when a person is born again? Can no one here say honestly, "I was dead, but now I am alive"?

5]received a postcard from "Luke"
Never mind Luke... Has anyone here on this forum ever received a message from God? I certainly have. But... to move into the area which is where you are probably concerned, I received a postcard with a message written by my natural mother after she was cremated.

6] had any contact with Apostles
I may have indeed, but since he was not saying, "I am an apostle", how would I know for certain? Should we always be asking every good brother we meet the question, "Are you an apostle"?

7] seen the Virgin Mary
I have not... to my knowledge.

8] been given visions
Is this question somehow supposed to be different than question [2]?

9] "move" in the gifts
I have in any gifts God has given me. I am sure that others have as well.

10] seen demons flying around in church
Not perhaps in the way that you likely mean and of course I am only assuming by 'church' you are talking about some building that men call church. The 'demons' I believe that I have seen have not been flying... unless we were in an airplane. I haven't been in one of those (an airplane) in several years.
11] seen demons chasing squirrels in their attic
I have not seen them myself, but that does not rule out the possibility. God has done or caused some strange things to be done, has He not? Donkeys talking like men, axe heads floating and so on...

12] bound satan
Yes, by the power of the Holy Ghost in me.

13] spoken rhema words
Cannot answer this question without a definition. Should I check with google? My Greek is not so good.

14] received a "double portion"
Why would you believe that no one here has?

"Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine." I Tim 5:17

Certainly someone here besides myself has rendered onto a man of God double honour as indicated by what Paul wrote! That would be a double portion of honor, would it not?

15] detecting auras
I have but it has not been something I perceived with the 5 carnal senses. I am sure that others have although they might not use that word, aura, to describe it

16] believing God for a miracle

Some here, in addition to me, certainly have!

17] been "slain in the Spirit"
It's never happened to me, but I have witnessed it with others.
18] name it and claim it
You are I am sure using this for certain type of ministry which many here denounce, but really by faith when we are not asking amiss, are we not supposed to claim some things from God?

"Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts." James 4:2-3

19 ] and of course claiming the old standby "the anointing breaks the yoke"
I have no idea what you are talking about, so I have no comment.

20]Had bouts of "holy laughter"
I have not personally had such an experience that I can recall, but I have witnessed it in others.

These and other such fabrications are offered as a poor substitute for the faith ONCE GIVEN TO THE SAINTS
Many claim these and more but need to examine their claims in light of scripture, not claim their experiences trump scripture.

God does not work with everyone exactly the same. It depends on where person is in his walk with God and what part of the Body of Christ he is called to be. He spoke to Elijah in a "still small voice" but to some God is likely speaking in other ways. Because I have not personally experienced some things should I automatically reject or even condemn everything outside of my personal experience or understanding?

Last edited:

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God does not work with everyone exactly the same.

See in the New Testament Epistles how everyone (when they were) was ONE, in union with the Father and with Jesus, no conflicts as they stayed and remained in Jesus, DOing as the Father Directed, instead of going their own way.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have personally prayed that demons be bound and be gone in Jesus name. Seems to work. What I've found is that when under direct spiritual attack, I'm willing to be a bit Pentecostal!
A bit farther then than King Agrippa would go as he expressed it to Paul:

"Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian." Acts 26:28

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 16:16-18 King James Version (KJV)
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Can I get an "Amen", my fellow believer?
Amen!

Reactions: Truther

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where is ‘holy laughter’ in The Bible?...Jesus does mention the word laugh ‘woe to those who laugh now, for you shall mourn and weep.
Amen,
and contrast that seen today all over, churches and the forum -
in the New Testament, were they not continually full of peace, joy and righteousness? They did not fall for nor give in to the pagan practices while the Apostles were there to instruct and warn them, to protect them as God Directed.

Today, those same false practices, and false gospels, are basically welcome it seems, everywhere... just the opposite of in the Bible when they were living faithful and true.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where is ‘holy laughter’ in The Bible?...Jesus does mention the word laugh ‘woe to those who laugh now, for you shall mourn and weep. :rolleyes:
"Holy" simply means "set apart". God is already set apart from every man who has not walk toward Him and from some who hesitate to step in faith toward Him. When God laughs is it not "set apart" or holy for so He always is. Then when we are becoming like Him...?

"He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.
Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure." Psalm 2:4-5

"The righteous also shall see, and fear, and shall laugh at him:
Lo, this is the man that made not God his strength; but trusted in the abundance of his riches, and strengthened himself in his wickedness." Psalm 52:6-7

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Judge not by appearances, by what can be seen or heard....

rather , judge righteously, believe God's judgment, as He Says.

What is unseen is what is important. (though what is seen confirms what God has exposed: the bad trees/ bad teachings/ for what they are)

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have personally prayed that demons be bound and be gone in Jesus name. Seems to work. What I've found is that when under direct spiritual attack, I'm willing to be a bit Pentecostal!

Ok thank you.
Now I am not saying this to be a smart alek, but I am going to ask you and others to think through this. maybe you have already.

If you have "bound satan" in Jesus name.....How did he get loose again?

Recently Kenneth Copeland as was reported on another thread, to have bound and spoke rhema words of death to the Coronavirus. It is spiking and getting stronger since that time.
What happened? Did he do it wrong? When the Apostles did real supernatural signs, they happened.

Reactions: Joseph77

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The deceived ones believe it frequently. (by definition, isn't it? )

Or to put another way, of god, which god ?

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok thank you.
Now I am not saying this to be a smart alek, but I am going to ask you and others to think through this. maybe you have already.

If you have "bound satan" in Jesus name.....How did he get loose again?

Recently Kenneth Copeland as was reported on another thread, to have bound and spoke rhema words of death to the Coronavirus. It is spiking and getting stronger since that time.
What happened? Did he do it wrong? When the Apostles did real supernatural signs, they happened.
I don't have any faith in Copeland.. and I never said I bound anyone. I said I prayed that demons ( who I believe were attacking me spiritually) be bound and cast out in Jesus name. I don't believe that means they are never allowed to torment anyone again, but that Jesus frees me from thier torment because he has the authority to do so. I can not see how it can be harmful to pray that Jesus removes demonic influence in any situation. Can you? It might be that a certain person is inviting the demons and my prayers don't affect that situation. Was my prayer wrong if that's the case?
If we pray " deliver us from evil" as Jesus instructed aren't we essentially praying that Satan be banished from our lives? How is this different?

Reactions: pompadour

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... into scoffers in ALL aspects of life, including obvious frauds and legitimate facts.

Jude 1:18 they said to you, “In the last time there will be scoffers, following their own ungodly passions.”

Whew,
Bobby Jo

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We live in a day when people have turned from truth to fables so it should not be a surprise that some even on message boards have been deceived into such false ideas.

No one on this board has:

1]traveled to heaven and back

2]Had God-given visions

3]speak or pray in tongues

4]raised the dead

5]received a postcard from "Luke"

6] had any contact with Apostles

7] seen the Virgin Mary

8] been given visions

9] "move" in the gifts

10] seen demons flying around in church

11] seen demons chasing squirrels in their attic

12] bound satan

13] spoken rhema words

14] received a "double portion"

15] detecting auras

16] believing God for a miracle

17] been "slain in the Spirit"

18] name it and claim it

19 ] and of course claiming the old standby "the anointing breaks the yoke"

20]Had bouts of "holy laughter"

These and other such fabrications are offered as a poor substitute for the faith ONCE GIVEN TO THE SAINTS
Many claim these and more but need to examine their claims in light of scripture, not claim their experiences trump scripture.
So you have a book and think you understand everything there is to know. That's like reading a travel book about China and thinking you know all about China.

Your post reminds me of:

2 Timothy 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

You have a world where you think Satan is free to run riot while God does nothing. You imagine God is less powerful than He was in the Old Testament.

Do you know the reason people were given the written Scriptures? It is because they had hard hearts, rejecting the Voice of God. God spoke to all Israel at Sinai, and they were afraid. They told Moses to go talk to God away from them. He did. And then Moses gave them written books.

David wrote of that in the Psalms and asked Israel to hear the Voice of God, not to be like their ancestors.

Psalm 95:6 O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the Lord our maker.
7 For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,
8 Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:

Reactions: ScottA

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Does anyone believe this is of God?
And if we have not heard an answer from God, is not our opinion a vain thing that should not be spoken as if it were the AT [Absolute Truth]? You will say it is according to the scriptures, but I will say that there a great many interpretations of the same scriptures according to different beliefs of men. How many variations in your neighborhood or town?

God directs people who are listening to Him and believing in Him. If you have decided that tongues are wrong then for you they are wrong, but what will your final result be? Be it according to your negative faith.

But you cannot affect someone else's faith unless that someone is listening to you instead of to God. There are a lot of men following men instead of God. So we have thousands of sometimes contradictory interpretations coming from the verses in even the same translations of the Bible. Each of us believes we are right. God knows. If we are not talking to Him and listening to Him then we are following the wrong leader... and how likely is the result to be what we expect?

People who really praying in a tongue given to them by God as gift will grow closer to Him. Of course there are false tongues, but when you don't know, is it not time to remain silent rather than run the possible risk of being an unintentional liar?