Christian Ignorance

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians bashing other Christians...

I love a good debate, but in the interest of understanding for all.

My Pastor made an impacting statement today... He hates ignorance as much or more than I do. But he was talking about Chinese Christians being persecuted. He said that they may not have the truth or knowledge we do (or maybe they do) but they stand on what they DO know and didn't back down.

Ignorance is not a character flaw not is it a terrible thing. It not good, but it is not a reason to speak ill of someone.

I know al more than a newbie Christian who entered Church today and purchased his first Bible yesterday. But I don't know as much as my Pastor, the elders, more John, Peter, Paul or countless others. Not even as much as some on this board.

But I do know I'm tired of Christians bashing other Christians.
Well said.
There is wisdom that says, the first step toward knowledge is to know we are ignorant.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ignorance is Bliss! Knowing is not always comfortable!

The more someone knows, the more they see that there is so much more out there that they do not know!

Amen.
There is no way i will be able to express it as simply and beautifully as that.

Reactions: Nancy

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Defined as: -

Christian people who do not know, that they do not know.

Is it possible to know something you do not know? I don't think so
Is it possible to not know something that you know? I don't think so

If you do not know something then it must be true that u know not of it.

As for ignorance, is their any shame in it? Who knows everything? Do u? Do I? It's impossible to know everything just in this world
People study for 6, 7, 8 years to just to learn one specialization

But knowledge is nothing anyway. Knowledge is easy to obtain. There is a higher level than knowledge... UNDERSTANDING
We know what the Trinity is but none of us fully understands it. We know what rocket science is but none of us fully understands it either.

Knowledge and understanding. When u gain a better understanding of something it will always present new questions, new knowledge.
Then when u seek to understand that new knowledge u inevitably find more questions, more knowledge. It's a never ending cycle

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009 and Nancy

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didnt Jesus say something about being hot and cold but not luke warm, so being cold and ignorant might be a good thing for many.
There is only one scripture that speaks of hot or cold instead of lukewarm and that is in Revelation when He was addressing the Church of Laodecia....
Revelation 3 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¹⁴ And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
¹⁵ I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
¹⁶ So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
¹⁷ Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
¹⁸ I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

Their heart was consumed with self righteous pride

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Richard Cecil, English clergyman.

Socrates said: 'The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." and, “There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”

Richard Cecil. Never heard of him.

"the first step toward knowledge is to know we are ignorant"

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing"

Richard Cecil merely paraphrases Socrates

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Yes ok thats who he is...
I still reckon he just ripped off Socrates but. Their both asserting the same thing
Anyone can get someone else's quote and paraphrase it.
I could come out with a good one if i put my mind to it. Too tired but now...LoL

"the first step toward knowledge is to know we are ignorant" AC 1800

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" BC 300-400 (i think)

Socrates has him covered by over 2,000 years
But them God has em both covered in the end anyway... LoL

Reactions: RainAndIceCream

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think we are responsible for using our talents. Not everyone is a scholar.
Would rather not be a scholar tends to give you a fat head.

Luk_10:21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

Reactions: aspen and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I still reckon he just ripped off Socrates but. Their both asserting the same thing
I could come out with a good one if i put my mind to it. Too tired but now...LoL

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction." Prov 1:7

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Oh, come on! Rest up and give it a shot. :p