Christian law suits

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David323

Mar 13, 2007
I have heard that christians should not sue one another but work it out between one another. I have also heard that it is alright to sue non-christians. I'm sure I have read about it in the Bible but I'm not sure where. Can someone help me with this?

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
Yes, there is scripture that says we are not to take a believer to court to sue him, but I have no idea where it is; I just remember reading it. I've read the Bible through many times but can't remember much of anything. My memory is getting worse as I age, but then everything is wearing out.
rolleyes.gif

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
1Cor 6: 1Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints? 2Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? 3Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life? These verses are speaking of us allowing the Church to settle our disputes, rather than allowing the "unjust" (world) to settle them for us. Which presents a problem for those who reject the idea of attending "Church."
rolleyes.gif

Jonous

Nov 17, 2007
A few more verses on this."If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord." -Rom 12:18"But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain." -Tit 3:9(David323;23244)
I have heard that christians should not sue one another but work it out between one another. I have also heard that it is alright to sue non-christians. I'm sure I have read about it in the Bible but I'm not sure where. Can someone help me with this?
This applies to all people, not only between christians. Imagine Jesus suing those people who came to Peter asking to receive tribute money, because he didn't feel he should be subject to taxes...or any other case for that matter. Jesus asked as not to worry for anything. You will not go to the court, you will go before Jesus. "For we walk by faith, not by sight". Have faith in Him and will sort everything out. "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God." -Phil. 4:6God Bless!

Carissa001

Nov 15, 2007
Thankj you for this verse!"If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord." -Rom 12:18I think it applies to me!