Should a Christian choose euthanasia?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Euthanasia in Canada:

Euthanasia in Canada in its legal voluntary form is called medical assistance in dying (MAID) and it first became legal along with assisted suicide in June 2016 to end the suffering of terminally ill adults. In March 2021, the law was further amended by Bill C-7 which permits assisted euthanasia in additional situations, including for certain patients whose natural death is not reasonably foreseeable, subject to additional safeguards. In 2021, more than 10,000 people died by euthanasia in Canada.
I am neither for nor against the above law. For myself, I don't think I would ask for MAID. Hopefully, when the time comes for me, God will take me away without prolonged and hopeless suffering :)

I wouldn't.

Should a non-Christian choose euthanasia?

That's their business between their gods and whatnots.

Reactions: marks

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 Corinthians 3:16-17​

16 Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in[a] you? 17 God will destroy anyone who destroys this temple. For God’s temple is holy, and you are that temple.

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

1 Corinthians 3:16-17​

16 Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in[a] you? 17 God will destroy anyone who destroys this temple. For God’s temple is holy, and you are that temple.
What is the context of this passage?

Reactions: marks

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I want to go out like Moses or Enoch.
I ask the Lord to take me like He did for them.
Regardless, God's will be done

My dad is turning 90 in February and he has suddenly collapsed mind and body. Says he is too old and should be dead. Has lost physical control of his body and is in a place like a nursing home after spending a week in the hospital. He is in the dying process of old age.

If not for modern medicine, he would have died years earlier as he had to have a pacemaker installed. Doctors today can give some people unnatural longer life.

Ask yourself, do you want to live longer in this body of death, slowly decaying further or go sooner into the glory of God?

Not saying I support euthanasia which is actively seeking your death, but rather why do medical procedures to unnaturally extend your physical life. If you're a Christian, it seems not to be good sense. No believers should fear death. Unbelievers' minds thought think totally differently.
Course no one wants to suffer in this life, but it happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: TonyChanYT

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Euthanasia in Canada:

I am neither for nor against the above law. For myself, I don't think I would ask for MAID. Hopefully, when the time comes for me, God will take me away without prolonged and hopeless suffering :)

I wouldn't.

Should a non-Christian choose euthanasia?

That's their business between their gods and whatnots.

Should a Christian choose euthanasia? No.