Christian Message Songs - songs that make you think

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never saw the video before. Interesting how they did that
About 8 years ago, I was approached by a pastor's wife from the Hollywood area wanting to put my testimony to a movie script. She has connections with Lion's Gate and some of the other production companies and wanted to bring a script to them. Of course, I said no, bc I don't trust Hollywood. But she had connections with some smaller lesser-known Christian producers as well who were interested.

I contacted "For King and Country" to share my testimony and asked if they'd consider writing the music for such a movie. Their manager replied and said they certainly would if I ever went forward with the movie.

That's as far as it went .... life is too busy and too many more important things happened after that. But there's that. lol
I liked how they put that video together. They put a lot of thought into it, and put out a powerful message.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
About 8 years ago, I was approached by a pastor's wife from the Hollywood area wanting to put my testimony to a movie script. She has connections with Lion's Gate and some of the other production companies and wanted to bring a script to them. Of course, I said no, bc I don't trust Hollywood. But she had connections with some smaller lesser-known Christian producers as well who were interested.

I contacted "For King and Country" to share my testimony and asked if they'd consider writing the music for such a movie. Their manager replied and said they certainly would if I ever went forward with the movie.

That's as far as it went .... life is too busy and too many more important things happened after that. But there's that. lol
I liked how they put that video together. They put a lot of thought into it, and put out a powerful message.

God works everything together for good.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Lambano

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know why this one is in my head but Slow Fade comes to mind.

When I saw the music video to this, it made sense the whole adultery scenario, but my mind always go somewhere different in what I am watching/thinking about/doing. There is more then one way to die in sin or be held captive and in bondage.

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I saw the music video to this, it made sense the whole adultery scenario, but my mind always go somewhere different in what I am watching/thinking about/doing. There is more then one way to die in sin or be held captive and in bondage.

I can't directly see it that way, even though I have heard that before. I see it as the risk of falling into sin, or remembering the choices women in my life made falling for the wrong men.

"When you give yourself away
It's a slow fade
When black and white have turned to grey
And thoughts invade, choices made

A price will be paid
When you give yourself away
People never crumble in a day"

And of children following that example

"Be careful little feet where you go
For it's the little feet behind you
That are sure to follow"

Rough.

Reactions: Mayflower

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eric Clapton got saved and did this song:

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This one's kinda sad, yet hopeful. Wayne Watson, Home Free. "While we pray for one more heartbeat, the real comfort is in You."

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interpret it however you want, brother..... no one else has had a problem understanding. lol

@quietthinker does have a bit of a point, there are some that just repeat the same line over, and over, and over again...rather than make me think, they make me want to fall asleep, lol! Then we have the, as I call them, "keepers"... , the songs that came at the exact time, with the exact answers to several questions one might have been begging God for answers to. And definitely, the ones that make you think, many of those on my playlist and, they NEVER get old.
Lotsa love T.
xo

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't overthink it. :D

This thread has songs that are more messages God wants us to know but are not prayer/praise songs to God or about God.