Christian Message Songs - songs that make you think

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I shared this in the "upbeat" thread already, but if you take time to hear the words, it has an amazing message that speaks of God's love and of coming together as brothers and sisters no matter our skin color.
My kids and I used to drive down the road with our windows down singing this song together. :)

Reactions: Nancy

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A song about marriage struggles....and commitment to stay...

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another song my kids and I sang together a lot. Shared it already elsewhere, but the message is so compelling. It speaks of our brokenness and our need to bring it to God rather than try to withdraw or hide it from Him. He wants all of us...every part.

“Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.” — Psalm 51:6 (KJV)

Reactions: lilygrace and Nancy

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes, I really identify with this song... (They didn't get the lyrics exactly right, but you'll get the idea.)

Very compelling words. I think I can relate too...circumstances that make no sense, and feeling so alone...holding on when it seems endless, knowing God has a purpose and a plan, even when we can't see it yet.

Thank you for sharing. I've never heard it before. :)

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes we think we have to preach at people to get them saved, when really all we need to do is "be the light" ...a city set upon a hill, the salt of the earth. When the world beholds how we love one another, and sees our good works that point back to God our Father (not ourselves), they will want to know what it is that we have that is missing in their lives.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This song (as well as the previous song I posted) were favorites of my son Matthew. He listened to this one a lot in the months before he went Home.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This song (as well as the previous song I posted) were favorites of my son Matthew. He listened to this one a lot in the months before he went Home.
I love this! I thought I had heard all of Casting Crowns' songs, but I've never heard this before.

Last edited:
Reactions: TLHKAJ

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, I've never heard them before. I will probably look into more of their songs.
My daughters found his songs and could identify with this song after our family was betrayed by good "Christian" friends and stalked by the man. We all exhibited symptoms of PTSD for a while, which I had never dealt with before.

That was years ago. Praise God! We're all doing much better now! God is restoring the years the locusts have eaten!

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I listened to this a lot after my husband died. :(
Oh man ...so sorry, sis.
proxy-image

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My daughters found his songs and could identify with this song after our family was betrayed by good "Christian" friends and stalked by the man. We all exhibited symptoms of PTSD for a while, which I had never dealt with before.

That was years ago. Praise God! We're all doing much better now! God is restoring the years the locusts have eaten!
Thank You, Jesus!! Your testimony is very encouraging. So glad to hear how God has brought you and your family through!

Reactions: Prayer Warrior