Christian Music

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I enjoy some of the more modern songs...but I don't find that they lift my soul as high as the older anointed hymns. It seems to me that the old hymns were birthed out of hearts who had been through 'deep waters'..been through 'breaking's' and much testing. Therefore the old songs have the fingerprints on God's dealings and revelation's upon them.

I may be totally wrong, but when singing this newer stuff it 'feels like' the ones who composed then say plinking on their instruments just waiting to be inspired by a new song.

Like I say...I could be wrong! ;)

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I enjoy some of the more modern songs...but I don't find that they lift my soul as high as the older anointed hymns. It seems to me that the old hymns were birthed out of hearts who had been through 'deep waters'..been through 'breaking's' and much testing. Therefore the old songs have the fingerprints on God's dealings and revelation's upon them.

I may be totally wrong, but when singing this newer stuff it 'feels like' the ones who composed then say plinking on their instruments just waiting to be inspired by a new song.

You are not alone on the above post, how do you like ?

Last edited:
Reactions: prashanthd

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi all,

Anyone know any good Christian music? When I was driving around Spain I listened to some awesome catholic Spanish Christian music on the radio which was so beautiful, and we don’t have anything like that in Norway. Most of the Christian music I have encountered is guitar and gospel music which in my opinion is not very good, at least not out of Church. So any good classical type of Christian music available out there? Or if you got some favorites please share them :)
Just maybe you all would enjoy:

Last edited:

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Do you still like this one? :)

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You Are My Refuge- Shannon Wexelberg, Matthew Ward

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@truthquest

I listened to it. :) The words are wonderful... ( my husband would love it, and maybe he knows it!)
You probably wont understand me when I say..that the melody (music) does not match the anointing upon the words.

For arguments sake lets take the well known song "Amazing Grace"
The words are anointed but also the melody/music is mightily anointed too.

I personally find that in the old stuff the music was as prayed over and received from the Spirit of the Lord just as much or even more than the words !!!
I cannot find that todays modern music is 'conceived' directly from the Holy Spirit...I find they 'play to the modern audience' rather then wait upon the Lord for an anointed tune from Him.

Don't be offended...I am an old lady...ignore me...but you did ask! :D

Reactions: truthquest

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@truthquest

I listened to it. :) The words are wonderful... ( my husband would love it, and maybe he knows it!)
You probably wont understand me when I say..that the melody (music) does not match the anointing upon the words.

For arguments sake lets take the well known song "Amazing Grace"
The words are anointed but also the melody/music is mightily anointed too.

I personally find that in the old stuff the music was as prayed over and received from the Spirit of the Lord just as much or even more than the words !!!
I cannot find that todays modern music is 'conceived' directly from the Holy Spirit...I find they 'play to the modern audience' rather then wait upon the Lord for an anointed tune from Him.

Don't be offended...I am an old lady...ignore me...but you did ask! :D
But you did like it not that long ago. :) You gave me the name Heartsong. :)
What about this one?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@truthquest Oh this is YOU!!! WONDERFUL. Why didn't you say it was you? :D

I see that you have been on here since 2010 also. I was on at one time back years ago...under a different name...but I totally forgot my user name and password...so then like in about 2010 or '11 ...I re-registered under this different name. What brought you back here again? Lovely to se you.

this is better than connecting on Facebook isn't it! :)

Love and hugs...Helen x

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@truthquest Oh this is YOU!!! WONDERFUL. Why didn't you say it was you? :D

I see that you have been on here since 2010 also. I was on at one time back years ago...under a different name...but I totally forgot my user name and password...so then like in about 2010 or '11 ...I re-registered under this different name. What brought you back here again? Lovely to se you.

this is better than connecting on Facebook isn't it! :)

Love and hugs...Helen x
Just wanted to surprise you. :)
I had forgotten my password. And had so much going on for so long.
Then decided to try get a new password and started posting.
Yes I changed my avatar today. :)
Love and hugs <3

Reactions: Helen

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know how much I like posting music.
Love and hugs x

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Love and hugs <3

Yes, it was a very nice surprise ...."it made my day"...as Clint Eastwood used to say. :D :D

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Creation Calls -- are you listening? Music by Brian Doerksen

Reactions: Helen

prashanthd

Aug 16, 2013
Hyderabad, India
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Hi all,Anyone know any good Christian music? When I was driving around Spain I listened to some awesome catholic Spanish Christian music on the radio which was so beautiful, and we don’t have anything like that in Norway. Most of the Christian music I have encountered is guitar and gospel music which in my opinion is not very good, at least not out of Church. So any good classical type of Christian music available out there? Or if you got some favorites please share them :)

The was a discussion earlier on this community about this kind of songs. Hope you will like them. Type "My Kind of Music" in the search box on the top of this page.

prashanthd

Aug 16, 2013
Hyderabad, India
Faith
Christian
Country
India