Christian Music

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then what about using music to evangelize? I'm not one who thinks music can't be used for multiple purposes. I was playing heavy metal when I came to Christ, and I might never have if it had not been for a band called Stryper who showing up on the music scene back during that time. Ever since, I've stood behind Christian groups that are trying to reach the secular world for Christ, even when others do not. They are soldiers standing in the real war, not on the sideline singing to the choir.

Someone posted this song below at CF a couple months ago, and asked if everyone thought it was a Christian song or not. Of course, all the responses were "No," and "that's of Satan," and "It has nothing to do with Christ. It's about partying."

I had never heard of the band before, so I started looking them up. They are indeed Christian, and the song is about standing their ground and refusing to shut down and quit playing whenever those who hate Christianity suddenly show up at the club and start shouting insults at them and at Christians in general.

My responses to everyone at CF:
"The meaning of a band's songs need to be taken in light of the totality of their message. It's a call to war, i.e. 'Who's standing with us for Christ, cause we won't back off.' Awesome actually. Kicks the enemy's behind, if you ask me. I used to play in clubs, and I'd be very into this live."

Second response to someone who insisted for an explanation of the chorus:

"Best words in the song:
- "Hey-o, here comes the danger up in this club" = Enemies of Christianity just walked in, as probably evidenced by yelling out insults, against the band and/or against Christians in general.
- "When we get started man, we ain't gonna stop" = They didn't go there to set up all the equipment, get heavily into the sets, and then just quit because suddenly somebody doesn't like it.
- "We gonna turn it out, 'till it gets too hot" = They're gonna keep playing until there may be a riot about to take place.
- "Everybody sing, hey-o. Tell 'em turn it up 'till they can't no more" = Best line in the song. It's a directive to every Christian in the place to close ranks. It means, "Sing everybody, and tell the sound guys back there to crank it to the hilt because we're now gonna try drowning them out with volume."
- "Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball" = Means rock this one out with us. It's sort of the imagery of a bee hive sensing danger and getting ready in case a fight starts.
- "This is your last warning, a courtesy call" = The concert may be ending soon, cuz trouble just walked in and all hell may break lose in a second. This is obviously a "go to" song whenever people show up at their shows who hate Christians and are looking to start trouble. They probably switch out from the normal set order to it whenever the situation calls for it. It's called "Courtesy Call" to set everyone on alert that things may be about to get ugly.

It's brilliant if you ask me. Means they are very experienced at what they're doing, and they're not gonna just go away easily. Thank God we still have some men in the body of Christ."

Found this interview with the lead singer that tells you their philosophy of ministry, and I for one like it:
Question: How much of a reflection of your faith is expressed in Thousand Foot Krutch’s music? How do you keep things from being too watered-down or too forceful?

Answer: I think for us, man, our faith is our lifestyle. To me, our faith is who we are. It’s always going to be our lifestyle, not our genre of music. As a Christian writing a song or playing music, everything that I am is going to be bleeding into that music and who God created me to be. That’s everything. I don’t think you’re going to hear preachy, “This is the way it is and this is how it needs to be done” approach from this band ever because that’s not something that ever communicated with us. That’s not something that feels honest to us. I think, most of all, we want to share a message of hope for this generation. We believe there is a big God who loves us, who has a plan for each of our lives, that if he can use us, he can use anyone. It just takes one voice, it just takes one Christian standing up to make change. So if we can all be a small part of that, it can be a great thing and God can use that, man.

Also, on the talent it takes:
Question: You’ve played with a ton of bands and to a lot of fans in your career who aren’t Christian. What’s your Christian, kind of evangelistic approach, when you go out into the world?

Answer: I think it’s more just about being who you are, and just loving people. I think if we were a different band or did things differently than we did in this way, I don’t think it would be honest. In that scene, out of the Christian market, they respect you for your music first, and if they respect you for that, then they’ll listen to what you have to say. It’s kind of the other way around there, and I think that’s great, man. So if we’re blessed to be in a spot where we have that trust, we just want to love people. We’re not judging anyone for what they do. And they love us back and reciprocate that, and then you get into some great conversations and you can get into some real talk.
http://mindequalsblown.net/interviews/interview-thousand-foot-krutch

Believe what you will about Christian evangelism in the music scene, Quiet, but I don't stand with you if you are against bringing genuine Christian witness into the dark parts of society. They tried to condemn Jesus for associating with tax collectors and prostitutes, but that didn't stick either. He goes where the need is great, and thank God. I might not be a believer today if He didn't.

Good post HIH!! Did not Paul say that he became all things to all men? 1 Cor.9:19-23
For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a slave to all, that I might win the more. 20 And to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law, though not being myself under the Law, that I might win those who are under the Law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law, though not being without the law of God but under the law of Christ, that I might win those who are without law. 22 To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak; I have become all things to all men, that I may by all means save some. 23 And I do all things for the sake of the gospel, that I may become a fellow partaker of it.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good post HIH!! Did not Paul say that he became all things to all men? 1 Cor.9:19-23
For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a slave to all, that I might win the more. 20 And to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law, though not being myself under the Law, that I might win those who are under the Law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law, though not being without the law of God but under the law of Christ, that I might win those who are without law. 22 To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak; I have become all things to all men, that I may by all means save some. 23 And I do all things for the sake of the gospel, that I may become a fellow partaker of it.

Absolutely. You don't reach a biker gang for Christ by riding up on a tricycle, LoL.

Reactions: Lambano and Nancy

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ahahah...I am going to borrow this saying and use it one day! :D

LoL.

Hey, I noticed the quote by Lauren Daigle in your signature. She's from my home town of Lafayette, actually (Daigle is a Cajan name). I love Dry Bones the most. Fantastic song.

Anyway, here's some Jewish worship I've been into lately. Shared this with a few members in private as well. My wife wants to know if we're going to be going Jewish sometime soon because of all the stuff I'm into now, LoL. I'm just being led by God to the roots of the Christian faith, which was/ still is Judaism.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LoL.

Hey, I noticed the quote by Lauren Daigle in your signature. She's from my home town of Lafayette, actually (Daigle is a Cajan name). I love Dry Bones the most. Fantastic song.

Anyway, here's some Jewish worship I've been into lately. Shared this with a few members in private as well. My wife wants to know if we're going to be going Jewish sometime soon because of all the stuff I'm into now, LoL. I'm just being led by God to the roots of the Christian faith, which was/ still is Judaism.

Oh wow-these videos are awesome! I NEVER even thought of their worship music! Thank you for sharing!

Reactions: Hidden In Him