"Christian" or "Kingdom of God"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
Someone not long ago asked me after Church, "What's the big deal, Isn't just being a "Christian" good enough Jack?" My response, "the Kingdom of Christ" is the supreme concept in the New Testament where he just walked off not concerned? Just wanted some input in this area?

Old Jack

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Jack...ya must forgive here..........but when i read this....this picture came across my mind.......
There's old jack standing on a corner in hawhyeeeeee, haven't shaved in months, hair dirty and distorted, fingernails long and pointy holding a huge sign sayin........."REPENT!...FOR THE KINGDOM DRAWS NIGH!" :p

As two quarters hit the bottom of his jar.....tink....tink

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
RANDOR said:
Jack...ya must forgive here..........but when i read this....this picture came across my mind.......
There's old jack standing on a corner in hawhyeeeeee, haven't shaved in months, hair dirty and distorted, fingernails long and pointy holding a huge sign sayin........."REPENT!...FOR THE KINGDOM DRAWS NIGH!" :p

As two quarters hit the bottom of his jar.....tink....tink
Thank you for your response again!

Wasn't but 4 days ago a church leader said to me glaring also, "We're suppose to encourage others, and not keep telling them to repent daily."

Where I was going with this one brother was passages dealing with the Kingdom of God, and praising our Lord for them. My point: Repent is my daily word of the day, ie, ex-military, and word of encouragement is not telling others what they want to hear as the church leader wanted me to do, but the good news of the Kingdom, ie, you got this one on the money.

Old Jack trying to sqeeze into the Kingdom of Christ in light of Matt.13.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we claim Christ but do not care like Christ and do the work of Christ we should look within ourselves to see if we have Christ.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
shturt678 said:
Thank you for your response again!

Wasn't but 4 days ago a church leader said to me glaring also, "We're suppose to encourage others, and not keep telling them to repent daily."

Where I was going with this one brother was passages dealing with the Kingdom of God, and praising our Lord for them. My point: Repent is my daily word of the day, ie, ex-military, and word of encouragement is not telling others what they want to hear as the church leader wanted me to do, but the good news of the Kingdom, ie, you got this one on the money.

Old Jack trying to sqeeze into the Kingdom of Christ in light of Matt.13.
Jack...love the Warrior in ya......you be a doer and not a watcher...
I've led more people to Christ..by tellin it like it is.................I'll hunt them down..........have left work many times and spent endless hrs. with a soul.
Just didn't say something and hope they got it.......and go on with my life......

And..amazing...................while the fish are bitin...................keep fishin.

But hey..................................you should of seen the one that got away :

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
RANDOR said:
Jack...love the Warrior in ya......you be a doer and not a watcher...
I've led more people to Christ..by tellin it like it is.................I'll hunt them down..........have left work many times and spent endless hrs. with a soul.
Just didn't say something and hope they got it.......and go on with my life......

And..amazing...................while the fish are bitin...................keep fishin.

But hey..................................you should of seen the one that got away :
Thank you for your response and ability to "hear."

Matt.13:9, "He that has ears, let him be hearing." Let's see....ol' RANDOR can hunt, fish, and "hear," ie, sounds like you're already in the Kingdom of God being of "good ground" also...no need to send you some good Hawaiian "soil" as the ground already prepared.

Old Jack fertilizing the "good soil," Matt.13:9.