Christian Perfection

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't see anything in the list about being given His grace.

You opted for another. His grace is for them that help overcome temptation and sins, every time it's tried.

Yours' conveniently looks away from time to time so you can have a little privacy in your ongoing sins.

If you wish to judge your brethren.

I've been judging you by your doctrine. I haven't been judging any of my brethren, nor any of Jesus' elect saints.

Sinners aren't the brethren of the Lord, nor are His brethren united in fellowship with sinners.

Neighbors, yes. Brothers, no.

Quitting calling yourself a sinner and bragging about all the sins you do from time to time, then maybe we can have a go at being brothers.

In the meantime, I don't keep company with them calling themselves brother and sinner, with many time to time proofs of sins.

Keep telling your self that, and when you do tap your ruby slippers together three times and say: "there's no place like home!"

YOu are just another pharisee strutting in your robes of self righteousness. You are a dime a dozen.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Where in this Scripture does it command us to call ourselves sinners? Where does it say we have to sin from time to time, which is the same as saying when we sin from time to time as predestined by fate.

This poor little verse of Scripture has been so obscenely abused and batted around for some great ball game with the devil, God has to wipe off the stitches sown into it by self-justifiers of their sins.

For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing.

Scripture makes it clear that in the mortal sinful flesh no good thing dwells. The Christian has every good thing of God dwelling in themselves, from the Spirit of Life to the righteousness of God.

To say we have no sin is to say we have arrived at the end of the race, where we no longer have sin in our mortal bodies, and so have no more need to fight temptation of sins from the flesh: If we say that we have no sin in our flesh.

It is not saying it is deceiving our selves to say we have no sin in our hearts, because that is the promise of salvation and the commandment of God: To wash away all sins from the soul, and to purify our hearts, even as He is pure.

Those who spoke of having no sin any more in their flesh are the same who preached the resurrection is past already, which overthrew the faith of some: they were decieved into believing they had no more need to resist temptation, since their bodies were perfected in Christ, and so all such desires of their bodies were good to be fulfilled.

The results are the same as OSAS who preaches similarly that their salvation is past already, and so they have no need to resist all temptations of the flesh, since it is only sinful flesh doing it, which does not affect the already saved soul.

The former teaches freedom to sin with perfected flesh already in this life, the latter teaches excuse for sin with perfected soul already in this life.

Neither of them therefore hopes greatly and looks earnestly for a glorious new body, where the good fight against all sins of the devil, and the good race for all righteousness of God ends, because one thinks they already have obtained that body, and the other thinks they already have obtained that salvation.

Christian perfectness is simply knowing our sinful flesh is on the side of the enemy, and that we must stand guard against it at all times unto the end, by keeping their hearts wholly pure of lust, and their minds completely free of thoughts for sin: they stop temptation of sinful flesh at the door, and do not allow it into the heart to sup with in the flesh.

Overcoming Christians allow no lust to took root in the heart, and therefore let not sin reign over their mortal bodies.

Defeatist Christians allow sin to roost in the heart, to let sin reign over their mortal bodies from time to time, when they really want to. Though they really hate it, of course.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where in this Scripture does it command us to call ourselves sinners? Where does it say we have to sin from time to time, which is the same as saying when we sin from time to time as predestined by fate.

This poor little verse of Scripture has been so obscenely abused and batted around for some great ball game with the devil, God has to wipe off the stitches sown into it by self-justifiers of their sins.

Your problem is how you see the verse and then in your mind create something different.

No where does it say we have to sin! Nor is sin predestined by fate! It is foreknown by God from eternity past. and nowhere does it give anyone a license to self justify their sin. We are3 called to acknowledge our sin and god will forgive and cleanse us!

The results are the same as OSAS who preaches similarly that their salvation is past already, and so they have no need to resist all temptations of the flesh, since it is only sinful flesh doing it, which does not affect the already saved soul.

this also is another lie!

Overcoming Christians allow no lust to took root in the heart, and therefore let not sin reign over their mortal bodies.

Defeatist Christians allow sin to roost in the heart, to let sin reign over their mortal bodies from time to time, when they really want to. Though they really hate it, of course.

If you knew Scripture and the power of god you would know all christians are overcomers! Not because we have attained ot a level of righteousness in our deeds, though that should be the compelling deisre of every follower, but we asre overcomers because of jesus and the blood He shed and the resurrection from the dead!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your problem is how you see the verse and then in your mind create something different.

No where does it say we have to sin! Nor is sin predestined by fate! It is foreknown by God from eternity past. and nowhere does it give anyone a license to self justify their sin. We are3 called to acknowledge our sin and god will forgive and cleanse us!

this also is another lie!

, though that should be the compelling deisre of every follower, but we asre overcomers because of jesus and the blood He shed and the resurrection from the dead!
If you knew Scripture and the power of god you would know all christians are overcomers! Not because we have attained ot a level of righteousness in our deeds

Classic OSAS is to never ever speak of God's righteousness without adding the ever-present caveat of BUT, we will go on doing unrighteousness.

OSAS thinks to have overcome all righteous judgement of God, not all unrighteousness against God's judgment.

OSAS Mother Grace scolds God the Father to stop judging Her people, because their souls are 'covered' by the blood of the Son, and He shouldn't even be looking into them, much less seeing them, even less judging Her souls by them.

OSAS Mommy is really classy.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The practical way to doing righteousness of God, without doing unrighteousness of the devil in this life: We go to the source to fight the sin, not to the body to resist it, which is an exercise in futility, because we will certainly fail by it:

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

Trying to resist sin of the flesh by power of our own will, and thus will of the body, is fruitless, because there is no Spirit of grace with it: I.e. the righteousness of God not to walk after the flesh is not by the 'power of positive thinking', which is not walking after the Spirit, but rather by the strength and will of man, which only goes so far, and is not by the faith of Jesus that pleases God.

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

The source for sins of the flesh is lust in the heart; therefore, we are called and commanded by the Spirit of Life of Christ to make spiritual war with the lust in the heart, that the sins of the body might be crucified once for all from within, no more to reign over the body without:

Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

We don't fight from the outside in, but from the inside out.

A Pharisee is one who seeks the righteousness of God by his own will and power over the deeds of the body, without first cleansing the heart of lust within: this is seeking to please God by his own works of righteousness, which are as filthy rags to God, not being by the faith of Jesus from the heart, which is the only thing that pleases God.

Those with outward works but not inward faith are still corrupted of lust in their heart, over which they appear to be righteous before men: Religious on the outside, still corrupt on the inside.

The double minded however, who count themselves wretched and not righteous, by the continued unrighteous deeds of the body, are vainly seeking to overcome those deeds by force of will over the body, rather than by the Spirit of Life and law of Christ in the heart:

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

Believers are certainly responsible to work our own salvation with fear of the Lord, but neither are we taught to do so by the power of our own will over the body, which is not by the might of the Spirit of grace and of life:

Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.

Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it.

The sincerely double minded, that are honest with themselves about their wretched state, must first learn not to fight flesh with flesh, but to fight the sins of the flesh with the Spirit of Life and of grace:

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

So, here is the utterly practical new adn living way according to Scripture, to overcoming double mindedness and sinful deeds of the body, while vainly yet seeking to serve the Lord in the mind alone:

1. Submit ourselves to God: Submit our warfare against sins to Him.
2. Submit our petition for deliverance to Him in prayer with faith, that he surely will perform it.
3. Believe He will answer our prayer and cry for help, but not by our devices, but rather by His grace to help in time of need.
4. God by His law of Christ and of the Spirit written in our heart, will cut out the lust of besetting sin from our hearts, so that we no longer desire that sin in our hearts: we will then see our desire for deliverance and His mighty salvation, to purify our heart from the lust, no longer desiring to commit sin in the flesh.
5. Once we see His salvation working in our heart, that by the Sword of the Spirit the lust is cut off at the roots and cast down and out, then and only then can we win the full victory in Christ: we then begin to endure temptation and not fall to sin, by warring victoriously over the devil crouching at the door to enter back into the heart.
6. Such overcoming saints, not by will and strength of man, nor by righteous works of their own, now find themselves battling sin at the door of the mind from the outside looking to get in, no longer by wrestling with lust that is still in the heart on the inside, that certainly will come out to sin from time to time.
7. Once we have purified our hearts of lust by the might of God's Spirit with help of His great grace, then we are overcomers enduring temptation of the flesh from the outside looking in, no longer double minded sinners being defeated by the lust of the devil planted in the heart.

Conclusion: Repent of double mindedness to God from the heart, pray for God to deliver us from lust in the heart, and once delivered of sin desired from the heart, make war with the desire for sin from the flesh: Kill it at the door where it walks about roaring to get in again:

If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

The double minded vainly fight to rule over sin in the body, while sin's desire and lust remains in the heart.

Overcomers repenting of all such double mindedness, then fight victoriously over outcast sin lying in wait at the door of the heart, which is the mind.

Only overdcomers, whose hearts are purged of lust by God, are them that endure temptation at the door, without doing sin in the body.

Them going on in their trespasses are not enduring temptation to sin at the door, but are subjected to sins by lust in the heart: 'Struggling' with lust in the heart is vain in defeat, and is not enduring the trial of temptation at the door.

This the Scripturally practical way to overcoming wretched double mindedness, if we see lust for besetting sins in the heart, and find in are members a law for sin and death, while vainly seeking to overcome it by will-power alone: Struggling with sins, not enduring temptation and overcoming sins.

Repent, pray, see, and do: See lust cut off at the roots by the law of Christ, and now fight the good fight of faith at the door, to keep thought and desire for sin on the outside, never again to enter in as lust in the heart.

The best defense is a great offense, which we fight against the devil lurking at the door from the outside, once His lust has been cut off and cast away from the inside.

And do not at all fall to the devil's device of asking us to think of the rest of our lives, as an enduring battle against him at the door without rest, because that is not so: there remains a rest in this life for the overcoming people of God, who fight not with flesh and blood, but with the Spirit of life to purify our heats of lust and cleanse our hands of sins:

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

So, keep fighting the good fight against desire for sin at the door, once purged of lust from the heart, one day at a time with the Lord, not worrying about tomorrow or the days following, which we will then take care of at that time, even as we do today.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you knew Scripture and the power of god you would know all christians are overcomers! Not because we have attained ot a level of righteousness in our deeds

Classic OSAS is to never ever speak of God's righteousness without adding the ever-present caveat of BUT, we will go on doing unrighteousness.

OSAS thinks to have overcome all righteous judgement of God, not all unrighteousness against God's judgment.

OSAS Mother Grace scolds God the Father to stop judging Her people, because their souls are 'covered' by the blood of the Son, and He shouldn't even be looking into them, much less seeing them, even less judging Her souls by them.

OSAS Mommy is really classy.

Well I am done with you. You just want to rant and rave and demeain biblical truths and especially---LIE about what most OSAS believe as the bible teaches.

Have the last response, I am done.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The good news of the gospel of God, that the saints of old searched for, was not the doing away of righteous judgment for sins, by an eternal covering for sins: they did not want to have their sins committed and overlooked, but to be delivered from committing them.

Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults. Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.

Where is the Scripture that God's people seek to be hidden from His righteous judgment, while yet remaining in their sins? Let me sin, but don't judge me for it??

The saints of God don't want to overcome the righteous judgment of God, but desire with the whole heart to overcome their sins against God.

The good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ is not that we are once for all 'covered' from God's righteous judgment, as by the blood of a goat, but rather to be washed once for all from the sins that demand God's righteous Judgment, by the blood of the Lamb that washes all the soul cleaner than snow:

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Saints are cleansed from the inside out, the double minded are not wholly pure in heart with clean hands, and the Pharisee is cleaning his own outside by the power of his own will, without first being clean of heart.

Faith without righteousness on the outside, is alone on the inside and dead, outward righteousness without inward faith to cleanse the heart is vain, and faith that purifies the heart first, to do His righteousness on the outside and not our own, is being enterally saved and pleasing to God in Christ Jesus.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep telling your self that, and when you do tap your ruby slippers together three times and say: "there's no place like home!"

YOu are just another pharisee strutting in your robes of self righteousness. You are a dime a dozen.
Well I am done with you.

How many times have I heard that from you? Shall we look and count? I agree, you are indeed a sinner that does not what they say they will do.

Like a moth drawn to the flame, you know the teaching is true, and your self-deception is not, so you got to just keep coming back for more, before flaying away again in anger at the heat of the flame.

YOu are just another pharisee strutting in your robes of self righteousness.

Look at the next posting to see what a Pharisee is. You certainly are not one. there is no righteousness for anyone to see from you, not in you.

You are a dime a dozen.

I'll take my dime, and you can keep your dozen.