Christian Perfection

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No sir, soul was a term given to physical beings. It was given to the entities whos life is sustained by the breath of life. This basically includes mammals Num 31:28
Ok. And yes, it was a gotcha question.
And ye shall eat old store, and bring forth the old because of the new. And I will set my tabernacle among you: and my soul shall not abhor you. (Lev 26)

And they put away the strange gods from among them, and served the LORD: and his soul was grieved for the misery of Israel. (Judges 10)

The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth. (Psalms 11)

Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them. (Isaiah 1)

And I will feed the flock of slaughter, even you, O poor of the flock. And I took unto me two staves; the one I called Beauty, and the other I called Bands; and I fed the flock. Three shepherds also I cut off in one month; and my soul lothed them, and their soul also abhorred me. (Zech 11)

That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles. (Matthew 12)

Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. (Acts 2)

Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me. (Matthew 26)

The soul of the LORD Jehovah is that of the Lord Jesus not left in hell.

If the Father has no soul, then the LORD God Jehovah was not the Father, even as the Son Lord Jesus is not the Father.

There is always simple Scripture to refute any false doctrine, and the error of false teachers is not to read All Scripture, but only the ones they use to teach false doctrine from.

And no, diving into the Hebrew and Greek to make soul not soul doesn't work.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lot of people balk at a person claiming to be even remotely sinless. But is this a good reaction?

Shouldn't we be happy for them at least that they aren't in bondage?

Sin is bondage. Sin was such a huge factor for me to deal with for so long. But I never felt comfortable. It was such a hindrance and it was never fun to deal with the consequences.

I'd like to see more people responding to people confident in leaving sin behind by saying "that's wonderful."

But I think it bothers people because they don't want the standard of sinlessness weighing on them.

Is that not the goal, though? To please God with your whole life? Even if you haven't attained it, wouldn't it be wonderful if attained?

I hear often that we will never be sinless in this life but is that Biblical?

We better check and make sure.

Reactions: robert derrick

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
A lot of people balk at a person claiming to be even remotely sinless. But is this a good reaction?

Sin is bondage. Sin was such a huge factor for me to deal with for so long. But I never felt comfortable. It was such a hindrance and it was never fun to deal with the consequences.

I'd like to see more people responding to people confident in leaving sin behind by saying "that's wonderful."

But I think it bothers people because they don't want the standard of sinlessness weighing on them.

Is that not the goal, though? To please God with your whole life? Even if you haven't attained it, wouldn't it be wonderful if attained?

@Wynona Romans 7 shows that the conflict between the flesh and the spirit never ceases. Romans 8 shows the security of the believer.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are in a continuing defensive struggle against sin in the mind, which allows lust in the heart, and so commits sins of the body.

I've been trying to put into words why for so long I struggled and the above quote described me, but now it's different.

I would struggle and struggle, fail, and fail.

But I kept getting back up and God has given me grace to overcome temptation.

There's a sense in which my mind became stronger. I began to use Scripture as a defense against temptation.

Psalm 119:11 Thy Word have I hid in mine heart that I might not sin against thee.

The Word also promises a way out of temptation and I started to look for it.

When our minds are renewed, they become strong against sin. And once you keep reaffirming that strength, those same temptations no longer have the same hold on you.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona Romans 7 shows that the conflict between the flesh and the spirit never ceases. Romans 8 shows the security of the believer.

A lot of people disagree about whether Romans 7 is about the struggle of Paul as a nonbeliever or as a believer.

I believe that the struggle was of Paul before recieving Christ as Saviour. He would have had exposure to the Law of Moses prior to his conversion.

As for the security of the believer, I believe we are secure if we endure to the end with our faith. The devil, thankfully, cannot force us away from the Lord. He can only tempt us away with lies.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
A lot of people disagree about whether Romans 7 is about the struggle of Paul as a nonbeliever or as a believer.

I believe that the struggle was of Paul before recieving Christ as Saviour. He would have had exposure to the Law of Moses prior to his conversion.

As for the security of the believer, I believe we are secure if we endure to the end with our faith. The devil, thankfully, cannot force us away from the Lord. He can only tempt us away with lies.
@Wynona The true believer does endure. I don't see 'saved today, lost tomorrow' in Scripture. Romans 8.38-39 and John's First Epistle are very reassuring.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that is what go and sin no more means, then of course.

Why do you go and sin more contrary to the commandment of Jesus and continue in sin contrary to the Scripture?

What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

Still waiting for a response: What is the difference between the world of sinners and the world of saved sinners?

What is the difference? I will answer again. Saved sinners have had the blood of Jesus applied to all of their sins so their sins are all blotted out! Unsaved sinners do not! that is the difference.

but there is lots more.
1. We are given a new nature.
2. We are given eternal life
3. we are given the mind of christ
4. We are justified
5. We are glorified
6. We are predestined
7. we are elect
8. We are hidden in christ
9. We have a good work started in us.
10. We have Gods promise to NEVER leave us.
11. We are in Gods hands and no one can pluck us out.
12. We are already seated in heavenly places.
13. We have been given the Holy Spirit.
14. We are made the children of God
15. We are made heirs
16. We are perfected forever now!
17. He is making us holy.

And there is lots more---that is the difference! should we sin? No! We have the power to avoid sin. but what happens when we do sin? 1 John 1:9

In your legalistic zeal, you have forgotten that god is a merciful, patient and forgiving God as well as perfectly holy! that is what the blood is about- God doesn't look upon our sins- they have all been washed away by the blood. He just sees the person He is making us.

So what happens when a believer lives in a season of sin? He receives the wages of sin- a form of death. Fellowship with god is broken because the believer is living in unconfessed sin, but the relationship is still intact. He has no fellowship, prayers are blocked, the inner voice of the holy spirit will be quenched, and if they persist long? God may call them home early.

All of Gods anger against sin in a believers life was experienced by Jesus! Jesus took our judgment for each and every sin past, present, and future! Is that a license to sin? God forbid! It is a license to learn to live as we were originally designed- to serve Him who is worthy!

God seeks direction, not perfection. The epistles make it clear that we should be growing in grace and knowledge and holiness ! If we sinned no more- we have arrived and Paul would have had no need to exhort us to strive. Even Paul admitted He hasn't reached that point. We are all gorwing.

If you wish to judge your brethren who may be satruggling with sin- you sin even worse! we are commanded to have special grace for our weaker brothers. We are to draw alongside, exhort, encourage, help and pray with and for them. NOt judge and sneer at them as you do ini your writing.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the difference? I will answer again. Saved sinners have had the blood of Jesus applied to all of their sins so their sins are all blotted out! Unsaved sinners do not! that is the difference.

but there is lots more.
4. We are justified
5. We are glorified
6. We are predestined
7. we are elect
15. We are made heirs

And there is lots more---that is the difference! should we sin? No! We have the power to avoid sin. but what happens when we do sin? 1 John 1:9

In your legalistic zeal, you have forgotten that god is a merciful, patient and forgiving God as well as perfectly holy! that is what the blood is about- God doesn't look upon our sins- they have all been washed away by the blood. He just sees the person He is making us.

So what happens when a believer lives in a season of sin? He receives the wages of sin- a form of death. Fellowship with god is broken because the believer is living in unconfessed sin, but the relationship is still intact. He has no fellowship, prayers are blocked, the inner voice of the holy spirit will be quenched, and if they persist long? God may call them home early.

All of Gods anger against sin in a believers life was experienced by Jesus! Jesus took our judgment for each and every sin past, present, and future! Is that a license to sin? God forbid! It is a license to learn to live as we were originally designed- to serve Him who is worthy!

God seeks direction, not perfection. The epistles make it clear that we should be growing in grace and knowledge and holiness ! If we sinned no more- we have arrived and Paul would have had no need to exhort us to strive. Even Paul admitted He hasn't reached that point. We are all gorwing.

If you wish to judge your brethren who may be satruggling with sin- you sin even worse! we are commanded to have special grace for our weaker brothers. We are to draw alongside, exhort, encourage, help and pray with and for them. NOt judge and sneer at them as you do ini your writing.
Saved sinners

There is no Scripture for 'saved sinners', 'believing sinners', nor 'good sinners'. Only in the vain imagination of OSAS mind that teaches false doctrine in the name of a false christ:

But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

If you wish to judge your brethren who may be struggling with sin- you sin even worse!

And so the way of truth to no more continue sin is evil spoken of, including falsely accusing them of false judgment of the weak.

we are commanded to have special grace for our weaker brothers.

How can there be any more 'special' grace than unconditional grace, that covers all sins to not be seen by God?

I.e. the OSAS god would command his believers by grace to not see the sins of others, even as by grace he doesn't see their own.

It's the OSAS version of forgiving others as we are forgiven.

OSAS is salvation for the blind.

The weak in conscience are them that do not partake of their liberty in Christ. They are not them that still partake of the sins they were delivered from. Committing sin is not weakness, but is defeat.

'Struggling' with sin is the battle of the law of Christ against the law of sin in the mind. Committing sin is surrendering to the devil:

Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

In every regard, OSAS teaching is perniciously false and wresting of Scripture to their own destruction of their own sins.

And in every regard, OSAS argues against obedience in all things, in order to make room for inevitable and completely understandable disobedience of their fellow 'saved sinners'.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

but there is lots more.
4. We are justified
5. We are glorified
6. We are predestined
7. we are elect
15. We are made heirs

We are to draw alongside, exhort, encourage, help and pray with and for them. judge and sneer at them as you do in your writing.

I vomit out OSAS doctrine and pseudo-charity of greasy grace with open disgust. I would sooner let the faithful Catholics draw along side me to demand obedience to their sacred traditions, or the obedient created christ believers, than to have a bunch of creepy comforters saddle up next to me to tell my how my ongoing sins are already forgiven. Yuck. Gross. Icky.

OSAS comforts their own in their sins, even as they are comforted in their own sins by the spirit of error.

Saved sinners have had the blood of Jesus applied to all of their sins so their sins are all blotted out! Unsaved sinners do not!

Sins blotted out as in no more to be committed? No more spots of the flesh on the new creature?

Or blotted out from God to see, while yet outwardly committed for the world to see?

Do you tell the unsaved sinner seeing the same sins in your life, that you are not judged as he, because you are a saved sinner with sins blotted out on the inside only?

should we sin? No! We have the power to avoid sin. but what happens when we do sin? 1 John 1:9

More false doctrine. If we sin, not when we sin:

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

OSAS doctrine teaches future sins, that cannot be avoided. They preach the law of sin of the devil: Thou shalt commit sin.

They hypocritically honor the power of God with their lips, while denying the power thereof to eschew all unrighteousness and evil of sins.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we confess is done only by God drawing us to confession by conviction of the Spirit in the heart. The hypocrites will one day come to the place, where God no more draws, and so they can no more confess, and no more be forgiven.

But OSAS has a cure for that: they teach all sins are already forgiven, which is to teach no need of confession for forgiveness, having already been forgiven, even as they teach no need of obedience for eternal salvation, having already been saved.

OSAS doctrine first leads the believers into future sins, and seduces them into believing they already forgiven of them, so that finally when they are no longer drawn of God to confess their sins, they care nothing for it, since they have no need of confession for forgiveness, being already saved for all time, and guaranteed to be found righteous and blameless at His appearing. Why? Because they live that way of the truth of Christ by faith? No, but only because they believe that way by false doctrine of OSAS.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saved sinners

There is no Scripture for 'saved sinners', 'believing sinners', nor 'good sinners'. Only in the vain imagination of OSAS mind that teaches false doctrine in the name of a false christ:

But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

If you wish to judge your brethren who may be struggling with sin- you sin even worse!

And so the way of truth to no more continue sin is evil spoken of, including falsely accusing them of false judgment of the weak.

we are commanded to have special grace for our weaker brothers.

How can there be any more 'special' grace than unconditional grace, that covers all sins to not be seen by God?

I.e. the OSAS god would command his believers by grace to not see the sins of others, even as by grace he doesn't see their own.

It's the OSAS version of forgiving others as we are forgiven.

OSAS is salvation for the blind.

The weak in conscience are them that do not partake of their liberty in Christ. They are not them that still partake of the sins they were delivered from. Committing sin is not weakness, but is defeat.

'Struggling' with sin is the battle of the law of Christ against the law of sin in the mind. Committing sin is surrendering to the devil:

Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

In every regard, OSAS teaching is perniciously false and wresting of Scripture to their own destruction of their own sins.

And in every regard, OSAS argues against obedience in all things, in order to make room for inevitable and completely understandable disobedience of their fellow 'saved sinners'.

Well try to have fun in your faux-perfection. You are simply a judgmental pharisee who loves to sneer at you rfellow brethren who don't think they live on Mount Olympus like you think you do. I know how I feel about holiness and growth in grace and I don't need a pharisee like you to tell me.

Have the last post if you wish, but I am done. I need to shower now because your filth of judgmentalism has made me unclean.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God bless you sister. You have learned the same hard lesson as me. Never ever trust what anyone says, even the imaginations of our own minds, except Scripture prove it true.

You came out of one side, while I cam from the other. You were caught in grace with sins, and I was ensnared by holiness living without faith.

Reactions: Wynona

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well try to have fun in your faux-perfection. You are simply a judgmental pharisee who loves to sneer at you rfellow brethren who don't think they live on Mount Olympus like you think you do. I know how I feel about holiness and growth in grace and I don't need a pharisee like you to tell me.

Have the last post if you wish, but I am done. I need to shower now because your filth of judgmentalism has made me unclean.
Methinks someone's conscience is not quite sufficiently seared.

You claim to be a teacher for 47 years, and this is the best you got? No rebuttal, but only covering your ears and vigorously shaking your head no?

Truly, truly I say unto thee, I go to the Catholics with their sacred traditions sooner than sit before thee.

faux-perfection.

So them who quote Scripture to condemn sinning in the flesh are phony doers of righteousness of God, while them who condemn condemning sin in the flesh are what? For real? For real sinners as they proudly declare, for sure. Ok. Maybe not proudly. Humbly. Most humbly.

who don't think they live on Mount Olympus like you think you do.

Nor shall they ever sit on the hill of the Lord:

Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place? He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.

Those clean hands have been washed clean of the sins of the flesh: It's called living holily as He is holy, righteously as He is righteous, purely as He is pure, blamelessly as He is without blame nor spot.

Which is everything OSAS condemns as faux-perfecting of the saints. The only perfecting of OSAS is that of unholiness without fear of the Lord.

Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

I know how I feel about holiness and growth in grace.

How you feel about God's holiness and righteous living?? Feel about it?? Really??

I sincerely hope to God it isn't little children you teach. Childish adults are one thing, because they never want to grow up anyway, but damaging the impressionable minds of the children is especially hateful to Jesus:

And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Methinks someone's conscience is not quite sufficiently seared.

You claim to be a teacher for 47 years, and this is the best you got? No rebuttal, but only covering your ears and vigorously shaking your head no?

Truly, truly I say unto thee, I go to the Catholics with their sacred traditions sooner than sit before thee.

faux-perfection.

So them who quote Scripture to condemn sinning in the flesh are phony doers of righteousness of God, while them who condemn condemning sin in the flesh are what? For real? For real sinners as they proudly declare, for sure. Ok. Maybe not proudly. Humbly. Most humbly.

who don't think they live on Mount Olympus like you think you do.

Nor shall they ever sit on the hill of the Lord:

Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place? He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.

Those clean hands have been washed clean of the sins of the flesh: It's called living holily as He is holy, righteously as He is righteous, purely as He is pure, blamelessly as He is without blame nor spot.

Which is everything OSAS condemns as faux-perfecting of the saints. The only perfecting of OSAS is that of unholiness without fear of the Lord.

Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

I know how I feel about holiness and growth in grace.

How you feel about God's holiness and righteous living?? Feel about it?? Really??

I sincerely hope to God it isn't little children you teach. Childish adults are one thing, because they never want to grow up anyway, but damaging the impressionable minds of the children is especially hateful to Jesus:

And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.

And thus our discussion mercifully ends =AMEN!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I need to shower now because your filth of judgementalism has made me unclean.

Judgementalism.

And so it is confirmed the origin of OSAS is liberalism.

Liberalism is a disease of the heart that rejects the truth and judgment of God for sin.

OSAS is liberalism taught for doctrine of Christ.

And so, the only filthiness of the flesh is washed off the flesh by a shower:

Cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can become mature in faith being led by the spirit and walk as a son or daughter of God. All people believers start out as children. The Word of God can increase faith.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what happens when we do sin?

And if any man sin.

The difference between having been saved in OSAS vs being saved in Christ is one word: When vs if.

Those thinking they are already saved forever have no need to repent all temptations of sin, and wo they will sins, and when they do sin from time to time, they tell themselves they are already forgiven.

So, it's just another one of their 'my bad' moments. Not their times of unrighteousness and ungodliness.

Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

OSAS will never fall from what they never stood against: their time to time sins.

And so, they certainly have no problem with the pride of thinking they are standing strong against sin.

However, they are full of pride in themselves for believing they are standing and waiting for guaranteed salvation in the end.

Reactions: amadeus

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

but there is lots more.
4. We are justified
5. We are glorified
6. We are predestined
7. we are elect
15. We are made heirs

That's a whole lot of stuff to be given by God, only not to use them to defeat the devil.

But, then that's not your problem, because it's not your responsibility to do so.

Talk about soaking up all the blessings, with nothing in return for God.

I mean, even your grand celebration is for grace, that's not His.

Not judge and sneer at them as you do in your writing.

The only thing I judge are your writings by Scripture. And sneering at your doctrine is not the right word.

It's more like puking at it.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

but there is lots more.
4. We are justified
5. We are glorified
6. We are predestined
7. we are elect
15. We are made heirs

Don't see anything in the list about being given His grace.

You opted for another. His grace is for them that help overcome temptation and sins, every time it's tried.

Yours' conveniently looks away from time to time so you can have a little privacy in your ongoing sins.

If you wish to judge your brethren.

I've been judging you by your doctrine. I haven't been judging any of my brethren, nor any of Jesus' elect saints.

Sinners aren't the brethren of the Lord, nor are His brethren united in fellowship with sinners.

Neighbors, yes. Brothers, no.

Quitting calling yourself a sinner and bragging about all the sins you do from time to time, then maybe we can have a go at being brothers.

In the meantime, I don't keep company with them calling themselves brother and sinner, with many time to time proofs of sins.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a whole lot of stuff to be given by God, only not to use them to defeat the devil.

But, then that's not your problem, because it's not your responsibility to do so.

Talk about soaking up all the blessings, with nothing in return for God.

I mean, even your grand celebration is for grace, that's not His.

Not judge and sneer at them as you do in your writing.

The only thing I judge are your writings by Scripture. And sneering at your doctrine is not the right word.

It's more like puking at it.

You write the way you do, because you barely have a relationship with the God you say you serve. There is much for God, but as you don't ask and simply make assumptions based on your own biases, you puke at truth.

Well as I have posted more scriptural truths than you - I find myself safe to say you puke at truth!