Christianity Board New Software

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Howdy folks! Upon visiting Christianity Board, you've probably already came across our new look. (Some of you longer term members may think: "well, here he goes again...") This new look is a result of the switch from vBulletin software to Invision Power Board. The new look is also temporary, as I will be working on a new unique design for Christianity Board. The software change was made for a variety of reasons. First and foremost, I found that IPB seems to be much more intuitive from a user standpoint; particularly dealing with staff members and the backend. This is something that will come into play as time goes on; I am much more comfortable with many of the features and I feel like IPB is ahead of vB in many respects. Another feature is that the software is more economical in the long run. While short term costs were higher, it makes sense to pay less when the yearly fee for the software comes due. This was helped by the fact that Invision Power is a company based out of Virginia here in the United States. You'll notice that we still don't have ads -- this is because Christianity Board is run by help basically from the staff who have all donated their time and money. For many of us, CB is our ministry and we're trying to do our best to keep it free and not ask for donations. Obviously, if we continue growth, this may one day have to change, but I like it this way for as long as possible.Last but definitely not least, the software is going to enable some really exciting new features. We are planning to bring blogs back to Christianity Board (they'll be coming here very soon) and we also will have a better gallery system where you can share your favorite photos (and get to them a little more easily). These are all features that we feel can be used to further edify Christ and give you tools to become a more serious Bible student.Please pardon our dust as we work the kinks out. One of the things you've probably already noticed is that there is a slight kink in the transfer of who posted what on the front page -- everyone is mysteriously labeled as Guest_. There are no alter-egos, and this was a slight snafu with the conversion. All of your past posts are counted and you haven't lost anything.If you come across any other issues, please don't hesitate to let us know. We'll be tweaking things throughout the day and perhaps the coming days, so please bear with us.Thanks for your time.God Bless Christianity Board and it's members, let this site be used for His purposes.

R

Ryan Fitz

QUOTE (Denver @ Feb 9 2009, 03:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=68949
Howdy folks! Upon visiting Christianity Board, you've probably already came across our new look. (Some of you longer term members may think: "well, here he goes again...") This new look is a result of the switch from vBulletin software to Invision Power Board. The new look is also temporary, as I will be working on a new unique design for Christianity Board. The software change was made for a variety of reasons. First and foremost, I found that IPB seems to be much more intuitive from a user standpoint; particularly dealing with staff members and the backend. This is something that will come into play as time goes on; I am much more comfortable with many of the features and I feel like IPB is ahead of vB in many respects. Another feature is that the software is more economical in the long run. While short term costs were higher, it makes sense to pay less when the yearly fee for the software comes due. This was helped by the fact that Invision Power is a company based out of Virginia here in the United States. You'll notice that we still don't have ads -- this is because Christianity Board is run by help basically from the staff who have all donated their time and money. For many of us, CB is our ministry and we're trying to do our best to keep it free and not ask for donations. Obviously, if we continue growth, this may one day have to change, but I like it this way for as long as possible.Last but definitely not least, the software is going to enable some really exciting new features. We are planning to bring blogs back to Christianity Board (they'll be coming here very soon) and we also will have a better gallery system where you can share your favorite photos (and get to them a little more easily). These are all features that we feel can be used to further edify Christ and give you tools to become a more serious Bible student.Please pardon our dust as we work the kinks out. One of the things you've probably already noticed is that there is a slight kink in the transfer of who posted what on the front page -- everyone is mysteriously labeled as Guest_. There are no alter-egos, and this was a slight snafu with the conversion. All of your past posts are counted and you haven't lost anything.If you come across any other issues, please don't hesitate to let us know. We'll be tweaking things throughout the day and perhaps the coming days, so please bear with us.Thanks for your time.God Bless Christianity Board and it's members, let this site be used for His purposes.
Uh...yeahI can't log in...old user name and password didn't worknew password didn't work. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if its the software..but just too let you know.sincerleyLetsgofishing

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
QUOTE (Denver @ Feb 9 2009, 07:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=68955
Just give it some time, generally about 5-10 minutes after a password reset, your new password will work.
We are back up and posting should be back to normal if you cant log in follow the forgot password instructions when you get your new password login then go to edit password and change it back to your original password or one o0f your choice and all should fuction as before thanks for you patience

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
QUOTE (smokey the dog @ Feb 14 2009, 05:12 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=69159
I couldn't log on and had to reset my password too. It took almost 10 minutes for the e-mail to hit my inbox though.
Ten minutes, that is strange. Everybody in this forum had to reset our password and get a new password... The good news is we can change it back to our password after we logged back in.
smile.gif

smokey the dog

Apr 6, 2007
Michigan
You know I really like the scripture passage you put in the banner. Psalm 127:1b is my life verse."...Unless the Lord guards the city, the watchman stays awake in vain." I have worked over 25 years on the night shift in securityand it's good to know God is watching too.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know I really like the scripture passage you put in the banner. Psalm 127:1b is my life verse."...Unless the Lord guards the city, the watchman stays awake in vain." I have worked over 25 years on the night shift in securityand it's good to know God is watching too.
Hey, there is always something for everyone in God's Word.
smile.gif