Christianity requires fear, guilt, and conformity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Probably about 98% of Christian's became so, .. not because of a fear of Hell.

And Hell is a reality, and it does not require anyone to believe it exists., exactly as you dont have to Believe that God exists...... doesn't change the fact that He's there.

Why do most people get saved?
Its about 50 %......people are tired of life and the struggle and the feeling of hopelessness, and they hear the message of the Cross that is God's love letter to us, and they reach out to God by Faith.... and find that God was there all the time.

The other 50%, are just living life, ...... and one day they hear about Jesus and the Holy Spirit reveals Him to them, in a lovely and beautiful way, and they reach out to Christ by Faith for forgiveness of sin and Salvation and God takes them into His eternal family.

People who are not Christians, always believe that to become one is to enter the land of rules and regulations... only to find out that living without God is the rules and regulations and the endless sameness that is the daily grind of living life.
Whereas, when they find God's love, they find what they were looking for all their life, and it can not be found anywhere else.
Your last point there is basically saying, “You become more liberal, by becoming more conservative.” Secular society is what’s full of rules and regulations, but not Christianity! And I will steelman your argument here as a matter of fact and say, sure there’s many rules and regulations in secular society. Ok, what are those rules mostly pertaining to? Being responsible, paying your dues on time, letting women have the right to decide what to do with their bodies. What a revelation! I know it’s tough being an adult and not sticking your nose in what others do with their bodies or in the bedroom. Now I am beginning to see why some believe hell is a reality.

Last edited:

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
No human. The knowledge was already in my heart. Already there in my inner most being. I came from a Pagan background where god's existed but the God who spoke to me was not like any other God. He knew me and he knew my heart and his name was Jesus.
What do you say about testimonies that are worded exactly as yours, except instead of Jesus it’s someone/something else? It’s Allah, it’s a dog, it’s Brahma, etc. Is it only the testimony that uses the name “Jesus” specifically that is true and all others are hallucinations?

Every theist believes their god is like no one else’s. Their god is the only true god. All the others are made up nonsense.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
And in America, the lowest % of the population currently identifies as Christian since polls were taken. This is currently 70%, a larger % than any other demographic group.

That Atheist's categotize the largest demographic group in the country as becoming a minority shows how twisted their thinking is. On top of that, they are ignorant of a great falling away is part of Apocolytic prophecy.
And in America, the lowest % of the population currently identifies as Christian since polls were taken. This is currently 70%, a larger % than any other demographic group.

That Atheist's categotize the largest demographic group in the country as becoming a minority shows how twisted their thinking is. On top of that, they are ignorant of a great falling away is part of Apocolytic prophecy.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Your last point there is basically saying, “You become more liberal, by becoming more conservative.” letting women have the right to decide what to do with their bodies.

What you said regarding liberal = more conservative makes no sense.

Also, a developing baby in the womb has the right to live.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Oh good god not the abortion debate !!!!!

You don't get a developing "baby" for many weeks after conception. Before that you have something else.

The "anti-abortion" fanatics cling to language terminology in desperation because they have no other argument.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The "anti-abortion" fanatics cling to language terminology in desperation because they have no other argument.

Apparently some "anti abortion" person with good morals and common sense allowed you to continue to develop in their womb, Lapidem.

Wake up to reality.

Last edited:

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Apparently some "anti abortion" fanatic allowed you to continue to develop, Lapidem.

Wake up to reality.

Silly statement TBH. You don't know whether my mother was pro or anti-abortion. She obviously chose to have me but for all you know she may have chosen not to have other children. The choice was always hers and always should be the mother's in the early weeks of pregnancy. Only once you are many weeks into a pregnancy do we reach the point of dealing with a tangible human life that feels and has a nervous system and the like. But this is tired old ground TBH. The zealots who would piously assume they have some kind of right over another woman's pregnancy generally don't change their minds. They neither care about the woman or the pregnancy in any real sense, they just want to be on that high horse pedestal. If the child can't be properly supported financially or otherwise and is going to suffer a poor childhood, the zealots couldn't care less. Being "right" and sanctimonious is more important to them than the reality of the situation for the mother and child.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Coercion is not an incentive.
Correct. It's used when the proposition in question isn't of itself tenable or wholesome or beneficial.

Hence door-to-door salesmen and charity muggers use coercion to get people to part with their money. Often trying to use guilt trips and other classic psychological abusive tricks.

Governments across the world just conned billions of people with a medical treatment, using all manner of psychological coercions to achieve their ends. If you didn't participate in the agenda it was a case of:

- You're going to die from Covid
- You're going to inadvertently kill someone else by giving them Covid
- You're a bad member of society
- You're not doing your duty, not playing your part in society
- You're a rabid anti-vaxxer
- You're going to lose your job
- You're going to be denied access to shops, food, life basics
- You're going to be a social outcast

etc etc

This kind of totalitarian clap trap must end. It must never be allowed to happen again. It IS psychological abuse, a form of assault.

Religion likewise must be properly tackled and held to account for its wilful psychological abuse of vulnerable people, for its wilful scaremongering and frightening of vulnerable people. Religious indoctrination of young children must also be stopped. It is wicked.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Are you breathing?

That's how you know.

Try "thinking".

You're not listening.

A woman might abort one pregnancy and let another pregnancy go through. What does that make her ?

I'd say it makes her PRO-CHOICE, as it should be.

Zealots would say she was pro-abortion

Also worth noting your appalling stigmatisation of women who choose to abort:

Behold said:
Apparently some "anti abortion" person with good morals and common sense

The implication there being that women who choose to abort don't have good morals or common sense.

I tell you the truth, they have both and frequently in more quantity than brainwashed religious zealots.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
What you said regarding liberal = more conservative makes no sense.

You said:

“People who are not Christians, always believe that to become one is to enter the land of rules and regulations... only to find out that living without God is the rules and regulations and the endless sameness that is the daily grind of living life.” As if religion is suddenly very freeing unlike secular life. Yes, religion is very freeing of critical thinking. It’s always a pleasure to become religiously indoctrinated and not have to abide by all these religious rules and religious dogma. Splendid.

And about babies having the right to live: so….you would take the rapist’s side?

“Oh you’re a 10 year old who got raped by her uncle and is now pregnant? Yeah umm, you’re gonna have to have his child. Too bad, suck it up buttercup.” Look at this disgusting sinner of a 10 year old rape victim getting an abortion. There will be a special place in hell waiting for her. Meanwhile her uncle just accepted Jesus and is making it into heaven. But WAIT! If the little girl also accepts Jesus, she too will make it into heaven, correct? So now the rape victim and rapist get to be together forever.

1682541886677.png

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You're not listening.

A woman might abort one pregnancy and let another pregnancy go through. What does that make her ?

I'd say it makes her PRO-CHOICE, as it should be.

Zealots would say she was pro-abortion

Also worth noting your appalling stigmatisation of women who choose to abort:

The implication there being that women who choose to abort don't have good morals or common sense.

I tell you the truth, they have both and frequently in more quantity than brainwashed religious zealots.
If you were pro life or anti-abortion, how would you convince a young rape victim to have her uncle’s baby?

I think all it takes is to just open the Bible for the rape victim, and read out the God-breathed words to her. She will understand and cherish her uncle’s baby, as her own. If rape victim has any doubts, you can always remind them of the reality of the hell that would be waiting for them.

That should be their incentive as well.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
These sinful rape victims really need to stop bothering us with their need to have an abortion.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
And about babies having the right to live: so….you would take the rapist’s side?

I take the baby's side., as we are talking about a. "" baby"" in the womb.
So, should the baby have to die, to pay for the crime the Rapist committed. ??
I dont hold the baby responsible. i dont want the baby judged to death to pay for the Rapist's crime.

Last edited:

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
What do you say about testimonies that are worded exactly as yours, except instead of Jesus it’s someone/something else? It’s Allah, it’s a dog, it’s Brahma, etc. Is it only the testimony that uses the name “Jesus” specifically that is true and all others are hallucinations?

Every theist believes their god is like no one else’s. Their god is the only true god. All the others are made up nonsense.
I do not know what other religions believe but I do know that there are more people who convert to Christianity from other religions than there are those who are Christian, who have a personal relationship with Jesus and the Holy Spirit dwells within them, who convert to other religions.

Christianity has the greatest amount of believers in the world today, compared with any other religion and there is a reason for that. It is because the bible is true and living and alive and speaks about a God who sent his Son to die on the cross for the sins of many so that they can be saved from the penalty of sin which is death and live in the Kingdom of his Son in Glory!

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I take the baby's side., as we are talking about a. "" baby"" in the womb.
So, should the baby have to die, to pay for the crime the Rapist committed. ??
I dont hold the baby responsible. i dont want the baby judged to death to pay for the Rapist's crime.
So, forget the rape victim who’s already born. Got it. If your daughter got raped, forget her, let her constantly be reminded by how she got raped.