Christians and Guns

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So my question for you Stranger

Do you believe the gun the women had changed God’s plan for her?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You guys can call me a bleeding heart liberal all you want - it has nothing to do with why I do not own guns. The fact is, I do not want blood on my hands and I believe God is going to do with my life and my families lives what he wants regardless of whether I shoot a person or not.

Now, I am not stupid - I don’t go looking for people to assault me or invite trouble from others. I have lived my life de-escalating people with my words and I have not be assaulted yet. Am I just lucky? I don’t believe in luck. Also, I have been in several situations which could have resulted in me shooting a person, but I didn’t have a gun and in the end, I didn’t need one after all. I cringe to think what would have happened if I had one.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I answered your question, but I see you have a need to control this conversation so I will play along for you. You’re welcome.

I do not own a gun, why would I claim to use a gun under any circumstance? Would you have an abortion if you were impregnated due to rape? Well, after shooting your rapist.....

A gun is a gun and you have been clear that your lack of faith and defective understanding of God’s Sovereignty has convinced you to own guns and given you a willingness to use them for protection. The law allows it and you seem to relish the opportunity to shoot someone, so I doubt you would ever limit a gun you own to be used simply for sport.

I would not shoot an intruder. You would.

No you didn't. And now you are lying.

So, if I have a gun for 'sport' it is ok for me to use it for self defense if an intruder breaks into my home?

You're the one that said 'sport' gun is ok. Not me.

As I said, your lie looks better.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You guys can call me a bleeding heart liberal all you want - it has nothing to do with why I do not own guns. The fact is, I do not want blood on my hands and I believe God is going to do with my life and my families lives what he wants regardless of whether I shoot a person or not.

Now, I am not stupid - I don’t go looking for people to assault me or invite trouble from others. I have lived my life de-escalating people with my words and I have not be assaulted yet. Am I just lucky? I don’t believe in luck. Also, I have been in several situations which could have resulted in me shooting a person, but I didn’t have a gun and in the end, I didn’t need one after all. I cringe to think what would have happened if I had one.

Nice story. Really breaks me up. Doesn't answer anything though.

How about the stories of the people who didn't have a gun and were killed or abused as a result? How about this woman that had the gun and saved herself and her children. Do you praise God she had a gun?

Stranger

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No you didn't. And now you are lying.

So, if I have a gun for 'sport' it is ok for me to use it for self defense if an intruder breaks into my home?

You're the one that said 'sport' gun is ok. Not me.

As I said, your lie looks better.

Stranger

Don’t shoot!

I see the quibbling portion of your monologue has officially begun.....

Sorry if you do not like my answer, ‘sweet pea’.

Currently, there is no legal distinction between a ‘sport’ gun and a gun used for protection so you have the blessing of the US government to blow away any intruder who is threatening you or your family with any type of legal fire arm you fancy. If it were up to me, only hunting rifles and shotguns would be legal - and yes, you may use them to stop a threatening intruder.

As far as being disappointed by the lady using a gun to hold an intruder until the police came - no, I am not disappointed. I am disappointed by the stupidity of the question, however.

Now, answer my question. Did having a a gun change God’s plan for the women?

And stop projecting your dishonesty on to me.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice story. Really breaks me up. Doesn't answer anything though.

How about the stories of the people who didn't have a gun and were killed or abused as a result? How about this woman that had the gun and saved herself and her children. Do you praise God she had a gun?

Stranger

I know this is a surprise to you, but not every post I write is created just for you.

I am thankful that no one was hurt - the gun is irrelevant

B

brakelite

I answered your question, but I see you have a need to control this conversation so I will play along for you. You’re welcome.

I do not own a gun, why would I claim to use a gun under any circumstance? Would you have an abortion if you were impregnated due to rape? Well, after shooting your rapist.....

A gun is a gun and you have been clear that your lack of faith and defective understanding of God’s Sovereignty has convinced you to own guns and given you a willingness to use them for protection. The law allows it and you seem to relish the opportunity to shoot someone, so I doubt you would ever limit a gun you own to be used simply for sport.

I would not shoot an intruder. You would.
If I entered a room in my house to discover an intruder leaning over my daughter/wife with his pants down and a weapon in his hand I would praise and thank God that He protected my daughter/wife by sending me there in time hopefully with an equally effective weapon. I would use that weapon immediately before he had time to draw a bead on either my daughter/wife or me. With absolutely no remorse. And I think my daughter/wife would be even more thankful.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don’t shoot!

I see the quibbling portion of your monologue has officially begun.....

Sorry if you do not like my answer, ‘sweet pea’.

Currently, there is no legal distinction between a ‘sport’ gun and a gun used for protection so you have the blessing of the US government to blow away any intruder who is threatening you or your family with any type of legal fire arm you fancy. If it were up to me, only hunting rifles and shotguns would be legal - and yes, you may use them to stop a threatening intruder.

As far as being disappointed by the lady using a gun to hold an intruder until the police came - no, I am not disappointed. I am disappointed by the stupidity of the question, however.

Now, answer my question. Did having a a gun change God’s plan for the women?

And stop projecting your dishonesty on to me.

Please. Quit your crying. You gave no answer.

You made the distinction, not me...sweet pea. Remember 'sport'? So, you are not disappointed that the woman had a gun to protect herself. And if it were up to you only 'hunting rifles' and 'shotguns' would be legal. And according to you I can use them to stop an intruder.

So, if I kill an intruder with a 12 gauge shotgun loaded with 00buck you are ok. But, if I kill an intruder with an AK47 loaded with 7.62X39 round you are not ok. Because you're a 'sport man'. What stupidity.

I am not projecting dishonesty on you. You radiate dishonesty. And bs.

Your question is idiotic. Having the gun saved the womans life and her children. Why? Do you believe she should have been killed? And her children?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know this is a surprise to you, but not every post I write is created just for you.

I am thankful that no one was hurt - the gun is irrelevant

Oh that really is a disappointment. But since you address my post then I take it you are writing to me.

Of course you are, because your little liberal heart just bleeds for everyone.

The gun you say is irrelevant. Of course it is because it saved the woman's life and her children. But you say it is irrelevant. When people kill students in schools and work places....is the gun irrelevant? Oh no. We must get rid of guns. When they save peoples lives they are irrelevant. When they kill a bunch of people then they are relevant.

See how stupid you sound.

Stranger

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh that really is a disappointment. But since you address my post then I take it you are writing to me.

Of course you are, because your little liberal heart just bleeds for everyone.

The gun you say is irrelevant. Of course it is because it saved the woman's life and her children. But you say it is irrelevant. When people kill students in schools and work places....is the gun irrelevant? Oh no. We must get rid of guns. When they save peoples lives they are irrelevant. When they kill a bunch of people then they are relevant.

See how stupid you sound.

Stranger

Really? Was your name attached to the post?
No - it was Jesus’s liberal heart that bled for everyone, Stranger - even people who are not white!
Hmm....I thought it was God who saved, not guns - I guess it really is In Guns You Trust
Stupid is right - your redefining gun regulation as “we must get rid of guns” is pretty stupid. Death tax, killing grandma.....heard all that bs before.

You really are losing it

First you are so excited to nail me as a hypocrite that you misread my post - making me a gun owner FAIL

Then you construct a nice strawman out of thin air to support your fake interpretation FAIL
Then you gloss over it - “it doesn’t change my question” FAIL

Then you continue to follow your Mormon Missionary scripture by demanding my to answer your question in the manner you want it answered - quibbling and tantruming until you have enough information to twist into answer you can mock and scoff at.

Then you finish it off in your sadly predictable way.....’stop crying and whining’

Yes. I’ve been around this site for 12 years and your bs never changes - as predictable as a Mormon Missionary leading a pigeon to be plucked or FOX NEWS reframing reality.

Although, frankly you seem to be off your game tonight - usually you aren’t so sloppy- delusional, but not sloppy

Last edited:

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I entered a room in my house to discover an intruder leaning over my daughter/wife with his pants down and a weapon in his hand I would praise and thank God that He protected my daughter/wife by sending me there in time hopefully with an equally effective weapon. I would use that weapon immediately before he had time to draw a bead on either my daughter/wife or me. With absolutely no remorse. And I think my daughter/wife would be even more thankful.

Ok. So....too bad someone like you wasn’t there when Jesus was headed for the cross. You might have saved Him too

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? Was your name attached to the post?
No - it was Jesus’s liberal heart that bled for everyone, Stranger - even people who are not white!
Hmm....I thought it was God who saved, not guns - I guess it really is In Guns You Trust
Stupid is right - your redefining gun regulation as “we must get rid of guns” is pretty stupid. Death tax, killing grandma.....heard all that bs before.

You really are losing it

First you are so excited to nail me as a hypocrite that you misread my post - making me a gun owner FAIL

Then you construct a nice strawman out of thin air to support your fake interpretation FAIL
Then you gloss over it - “it doesn’t change my question” FAIL

Then you continue to follow your Mormon Missionary scripture by demanding my to answer your question in the manner you want it answered - quibbling and tantruming until you have enough information to twist into answer you can mock and scoff at.

Then you finish it off in your sadly predictable way.....’stop crying and whining’

Yes. I’ve been around this site for 12 years and your bs never changes - as predictable as a Mormon Missionary leading a pigeon to be plucked or FOX NEWS reframing reality.

Although, frankly you seem to be off your game tonight - usually you aren’t so sloppy- delusional, but not sloppy

There was no strawman. Just you being the liberal you are and avoiding the questions by saying now the gun was irrelevant. Were you disappointed that the woman had a gun? Or were you glad she had a gun to protect herself and her children?

If the gun was irrelevant, as you say, and God is who protects, then you should not be opposed to any guns being obtained.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@aspen

If I have a gun for 'sport', is it ok to use it against an intruder into my home? Is it ok to shoot him with it? And if I can shoot him with it, what does it matter what type of gun it is?

Stranger

Last edited:
B

brakelite

Ok. So....too bad someone like you wasn’t there when Jesus was headed for the cross. You might have saved Him too
God would not have sent me there to save His Son. However, likely had I been there I would have joined all the other quibbling cowards and challenged Him to climb down Himself. I would hope of I came across one of His children today in the same predicament I would have no greater love.

B

brakelite

f it were up to me, only hunting rifles and shotguns would be legal - and yes, you may use them to stop a threatening intruder.
I no longer own a gun, as I am way over hunting being a vegetarian, and target shooting is now confined to the golf course. So whatever I would be casting at the intruder would be whatever happened to be at hand... Probably me. I don't think I would have been quite so reckless against half the Roman army.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find it interesting that Jesus

A) Told His disciples to buy weapons (Luke 22:36)
B) Told them not to use them (John 18:11)

It's as if God allows his sheepdogs to bear their teeth, but doesn't want them actually biting.

God has allowed me to own guns, and I used them to protect people and myself by showing the attackers my weapon, which always was enough to scare them away (Praise God!). But now God has taken them away and I cannot own them.

As I read Foxes Book of Martyrs, I find it amazing that none of them took up weapons. They had decided beforehand that they would not fight with weapons to save their own lives or even the lives of their loved ones.

It's an interesting subject to me, as I believe we have a right by God's Law to defend our lives and other's lives with weapons, but Jesus and all the early Church show us the greater Way of yielding up our lives and the Right to defend ourselves for the sake of God.

What do you think? Would you as a Christian be willing to lay down your weapons and follow Christ even knowing they will kill you and even though you have the God-given right to defend yourself? Would you STILL be willing to lay down your life for Christ?

Can I ask if you live in a state that has now disallowed guns? I've been waiting for the gun grabs - legislation is being produced all over the nation that disarms the people. Many believe that a lot of the shootings - such as Parkland - were nothing but false flags. When you read about military strategy and learn how false flags were used throughout history to deceive then it's not that far of a jump to think that there are false flags being played upon American citizens.

iu

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@aspen

If I have a gun for 'sport', is it ok to use it against an intruder into my home? Is it ok to shoot him with it? And if I can shoot him with it, what does it matter what type of gun it is?

Stranger

Quibbling until the end.....apparently you have nothing new to say

I’ve been perfectly clear so have fun trying to muddy that water!

Attachments

• 1CB89C69-FB9C-4BCB-A3F7-FBD9E2177122.png
    1CB89C69-FB9C-4BCB-A3F7-FBD9E2177122.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 0

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quibbling until the end.....apparently you have nothing new to say

I’ve been perfectly clear so have fun trying to muddy that water!

Yes you are clear. You clearly are a hypocrite and can't answer the questions because they show how stupid and idiotic your argument is. You say guns are irrelevant and don't want to answer my question. Which is, are you not glad that the woman had a gun to protect herself and her children with?

And, if guns are irrelevant, why do you worry about people owning guns?

Stranger