Christians and Jews are both anti Acts 2:38.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Newsflash!!! You can get to Heaven without being baptized. End of story.
Fake news.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

And tell your CNN fake news preacher Truther said it.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you teach the Jews must be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins and the gentiles can skip it for the remission of sins?

No. I do not teach that. You are not hearing His words nor mine now, brother. Water baptism is for new believers that were Jews in taking the first step in being identified as His disciples by being water baptized in Jesus's name; not the first step towards salvation.

Well, Cornelius was baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Also his friends and relations.

Fix that.

When one is born again of the Spirit by believing in Jesus Christ, they are saved. Gentiles got saved before water baptism. There is no denying that truth regardless of what your church is adamant about in teaching in misapplying Acts 2:38 to mean..

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Newsflash!!! You can get to Heaven without being baptized. End of story.
Probably should edit that as "without being water baptized" so as to be clear as not referring to the automatic baptism with the Holy Ghost when we come to & believe in Jesus Christ for when and how we were born again of the Spirit.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fake news.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

And tell your CNN fake news preacher Truther said it.

WCF chpt 28, part 5.
“Although it be a great sin to contemn or neglect this ordinance, yet grace and salvation are not so inseparably annexed unto it, as that no person can be regenerated, or saved, without it; or, that all that are baptized are undoubtedly regenerated.”

proof that baptism is not required.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. I do not teach that. You are not hearing His words nor mine now, brother. Water baptism is for new believers that were Jews in taking the first step in being identified as His disciples by being water baptized in Jesus's name; not the first step towards salvation.

When one is born again of the Spirit by believing in Jesus Christ, they are saved. Gentiles got saved before water baptism. There is no denying that truth regardless of what your church is adamant about in teaching in misapplying Acts 2:38 to mean..
Was water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins per Acts 2:38, or not?...

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WCF chpt 28, part 5.
“Although it be a great sin to contemn or neglect this ordinance, yet grace and salvation are not so inseparably annexed unto it, as that no person can be regenerated, or saved, without it; or, that all that are baptized are undoubtedly regenerated.”

proof that baptism is not required.
Wow, who made that commentary piece official?

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins per Acts 2:38, or not?...

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. 44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
All the more reason to take to heart what God had done here - and just one of many emphatic key indicators in this event that salvation is from God, by grace, not through mystical ritualism, even when those rituals are carried out in obedience.

The blood of bulls and goats never took away sin, yet He commanded it. Fear God, m8, and don't forget to use the brain He gave you.
Obedience to God's will is not mystic rituals. Where did you get that idea?

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get what you are saying now...
LOL! No, it looks like you still don't get it. And now you're putting words in my mouth, which is never a good thing to do... :) Peter's reply in verse 38 is most certainly not a mere suggestion. But that doesn't make it a command.

There is no alternative method to be saved.
Well, there's no other response to having been saved. You know, since salvation is of the Lord. This is how, as I said before, repeating the words of Peter from 2 Peter 1, we make our calling and election sure, or how we affirm it, both to others and to ourselves, and respond to it... on an ongoing basis. It is God's work in us, the fruit of the Spirit. Here's what's happening there in Acts 2, Truther:

The folks Peter is preaching to have heard his sermon and are now asking him, "Since God has done this for us, what should we do in response to Him?" And Peter, in response, says, "Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Affirm what He has done for you ~ make your calling and election sure ~ publicly, to and for yourself and others, and give Him glory and honor and blessing and praise (and thanks, of course) for it. This is the only proper response."​

Hey, in Acts 2:40, the Holy Spirit affirms exactly what I'm saying to you by saying, through Luke, "And with many other words (Peter) bore witness and continued to exhort them..."

Grace and peace to you. Especially grace, since in what I'm getting from you in this "conversation" there seems to be a dearth of it. But yeah, grace and peace to you.

Last edited:

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

No, I am claiming you guys are misreading Peter's words when he had interjected water baptism in there when repenting from unbelief by believing in Him is how they will receive the remission of sins BECAUSE Peter did not repeat to the Gentiles what you had said he meant to the Jews.

Acts 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. 44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

The Gentiles got born again of the Spirit and thus saved before water baptism.

I recognize the need for God's chosen people, the Jews, to be water baptized as a public confession of being believers in Jesus Christ & now His disciple to differentiate from the disciples of the Pharisees and the disciples of John the Baptist's but that is all water baptism does, believer staking the first step in being His disciples; it is not for obtaining salvation because water baptism is not how the Gentiles received the remission of sins.

Mark 2:18 And the disciples of John and of the Pharisees used to fast: and they come and say unto him, Why do the disciples of John and of the Pharisees fast, but thy disciples fast not?

Gentiles are just sinners and not representing as God's chosen people under the Old Covenant nor being a disciple of John the Baptist's, but they are commanded after they got born again to be water baptized in Jesus's name as a first step in being His disciples in running that race.

If you would get your head out of one piece of scripture at a time, you might see Acts 2:38 spans the salvation doctrine...

Luke 13:3I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved...

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
Colossians 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Acts 2:38 encapsulates all of the above:

Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart(they now believe), and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you would get your head out of one piece of scripture at a time, you might see Acts 2:38 spans the salvation doctrine...

Luke 13:3I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved...

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
Colossians 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Acts 2:38 encapsulates all of the above:

Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart(they now believe), and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

It is you that do not recognize what you are saying; you are implying that "belief in Jesus Christ alone does not save us, therefore Jesus is not the Savior, because we are also our own saviors when we get water baptized. Jesus could not save us until we got water baptized."

See how that comes across? But Paul deferred from water baptism to the preaching of the cross as anyone believing in Him is how we are saved.

1 Corinthians 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect. 18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God..... 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

If water baptism was necessary for salvation, then wouldn't Paul be preaching water baptism and the preaching of the cross? But no, he deferred from water baptism to preaching the cross alone as the power of God to save those that believe in Him.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
get your head out of one piece of scripture at a time
implying that "belief in Jesus Christ alone does not save us
Precious friends, all of this Confusion Could be avoided by simply
applying rules 2 & 5, of Bible study Rules, as follows:

Prophecy/Law for ISRAEL:

►►► The Twelve Were Sent to {water} baptize! ◄◄◄

The TWO Main (of 12) baptismS =

A) water, For remission of sins/induction into Israeli "priesthood!":
(Matthew_3:5-6; Mark_1:4; Luke_3:3; John_1:31; Especially Luke 7:29-30;
Acts_10:37; Matthew_28:19; Mark_16:16; Acts_2:38, 22:16; Ezekiel_36:25)
+
B) WITH The Holy Spirit, Poured Out By CHRIST, for power, signs And wonders!
(Isaiah_44:3; Matthew_3:11; Mark_1:8, 16:17-18;
Luke_24:49; Acts_2:17-18, 38, 8:15-17, 11:16)
Prophecy/Law

Rightly Divided (2 Timothy 2:15) From “Things That DIFFER!” {online}:

Mystery/GRACE! =
our "apostle to the Gentiles" for The Body Of CHRIST:

►►► Paul Was Not Sent to {water} baptize! Why Not?: ◄◄◄

Today: Only ONE Baptism = "BY" The ONE Spirit = God's OPERATION,
Spiritually
Identifying members In (The ONE Body Of) CHRIST!!
(Ephesians 4:5; Colossians_2:12; Galatians_3:27;
Romans_6:3-4; ►►► 1 Corinthians 12:13 ◄◄◄)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conclusion: God's ONE Baptism Today? = ONE

Is it not Possible That God's Answer Of "No water baptism, for
us Today," Under HIS Pure GRACE, absolutely vanquishes Satan's
{Many Severely DIVIDED denominations?} Confusion into oblivion!?

---------------------------------------------------
FULL "study" of ALL Bible baptisms is here:

"Divider" Poll THIRTEEN Bible baptisms

LORD JESUS, thank You for This Precious Word Of Truth That Has Solved
my Confusion. May This Also be used for the Encouragement of Many others.
Amen.

Reactions: Christ4Me

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If water baptism was necessary for salvation, then wouldn't Paul be preaching water baptism and the preaching of the cross? But no, he deferred from water baptism to preaching the cross alone as the power of God to save those that believe in Him.

Baptism was not his principal employment, though he had a commission in common with others to administer, and occasionally did it.

His main business was to preach the gospel, which included water baptism. Paul writes...

Romans 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
[4] Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
[5] For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
[6] Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Last edited:

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

i got this message because in this thread there is preaching of a mystical ritual, instead of preaching Christ.

when an evangelist comes, why is the gospel preached instead of just standing at the door with a garden hose?

why is it a message - not a rite - that Cornelius was told by the angel, he would be saved by?
was the message: "perform this ritual!" ? was the command to be baptized before or after God declared them clean? remember Simon's vision.

what is the gospel?
is it Christ or is it some person doing a 'thing' ?

the message is Jesus is the Christ, this is who He is and this is what He has done
if you do not believe Him no human baptism is effectual to salvation.

Last edited:

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

what are the ceremonies in the law?
the sacrifices, the sabbaths, the feasts, the observances, the tzitzit?
are they not commandments?
yet is the law not spiritual? does it not testify of Christ?
why did they paint the doorway with hyssop dipped in blood on Pascha? could God not see their hearts?

where do you get the idea that obeying God's commandments in the flesh is not a mystical action?

what, are your works disconnected from your spiritual walk?