Christians arent suppose to judge according to Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 2:15-16 - But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. 16 For “who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

• Love
Reactions: Keturah

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you elaborate, on what you are quoting, @Rockerduck?

Is Jesus wrong, when he says to not judge others?

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was telling His disciples and teaching all His followers not to judge; before Pentecost and still applies. After Pentecost, born again believers through the Holy Spirit, judge with the mind of Christ in us. We have a greater discernment of right and wrong and can see a just, judgement better than a non Christian can.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are several Greek words that we translate as judge and they all have differing meanings. Jesus commanded us to not condemn or try and pass sentence on.

But we are to judge in regard to sin in calling it out- not for condemantion but to expose to correct. We are to judge or to think and decide on many things. It is looking at the original languages and the intensity of the verbs that determine the level of judgment we are or aren't to do.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Rockerduck
@Ronald Nolette it seems you just said the same thing here.

Wouldnt that mean in such things of intentions? To redirect them, by the spirit when lead by the spirit in the situation; to suggest going a different path than one that may lead to destruction or ruin? With this in mind; no judgement would be cast upon the Salvation of the person even if they rejected Christ at the time?

In that day you have a clash of Jewish people who understood one way; with Jesus whom had come to fulfill; and bring forth a new way compared to having to live out the ridged ways of the law (which he now has fulfilled - and performs by the spirit of Christ in believers alone by his strength and not out own).

However even after Jesus passing you had christians who went and sacrficed at the temple for example; where they not saved by faith in Christ though they continued to do those practices; (this is not those who kept their following Christ secret though to please the men in the synangouge cause you would be judged and thrown out, losing access to certain privilaged - those whom did claim christ would have done so willingly even if they were thrown out).

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still going to trust jesus and what he says though. The only person one could even possibly judge is him, by his Fathers will; and maybe looking at the mirror we can judge ourself by examination. Perhaps intentions by spiritual application is abilable but it is by discernment in the spirit which all by God and his leading when you are placing trust and faith on the Father which is hard to do, but possibly by prayer and asking for help in the spirit.

Thank you for the comments and sharing both of you.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word “Judge” is lodged according to a
‘’Standard and Principle”, and followed by a “Consequence”.

Judge another according to Standard OF;
Gods Law … “standard” acceptable.
Mans Law … “standard” maybe acceptable.
Mans Personal Idea … “standard” of that individual may or may not be acceptable.

Gods Law … “principle” is limited to Gods word.
Mans Law … “principle” is “supposed to be” (but is not always) limited by the umbrella of a Constitution. (A Fixed objective.)
Mans Personal idea … “principle” according to that individual.

The “Caveat” … a man himself will be Judged according to “the Standards and Principles he judges others”.

* Judging another according to Gods standards and principles, Always acceptable to God.

* Judging another according to a Fixed Constitution, Acceptable to God.
( According to laws promulgated under the “color of law”, Not Acceptable to God.)
^ That has more to do with creating laws, that “appear” under the authority of Fixed Constitution, but which are Not. (And BTW, there are thousands of Federal Laws “outside” of the Fixed US Constitution.)

*. Judging another according to Personal standards and principles, May be, May not be Acceptable to God.
^ That has more to do with Head of Household, creating Laws (rules) for his own home, occupants, personal possessions, that have nothing to do with an other Head of Household’s Laws (rules) for his own home, occupants, personal possessions.

A man Judging another according to Gods Standards and Principles IS acceptable to God.

Glory to God,
Taken

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A scripture that comes to my own mind which may or may not be relevant to God standard which he wants us to be in is,

John 6:29; which deals with the works of God (ie following the spirit and having faith),

image.jpg

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
True or false?
There is a big difference between sitting in judgment over others (in order to condemn them to Hell), and making judgments about their doctrines and practices (proving all things and holding fast that which is good). Jesus also said that we are to make righteous judgments, and Paul said that when there is an issue to be decided within a church, then Christians are to make righteous judgments, rather than go to a court of law.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are God's Standards for a Christian @Taken?
1 Corinthians 5
Don’t you know that a little yeast leavens the whole batch of dough? 7 Get rid of the old yeast, so that you may be a new unleavened batch—as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. 8 Therefore let us keep the Festival, not with the old bread leavened with malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

9 I wrote to you in my letter not to associatewith sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister[c] but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.

12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.

hope this helps !!!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a big difference between sitting in judgment over others (in order to condemn them to Hell), and making judgments about their doctrines and practices (proving all things and holding fast that which is good). Jesus also said that we are to make righteous judgments, and Paul said that when there is an issue to be decided within a church, then Christians are to make righteous judgments, rather than go to a court of law.
So if a person is in the church having sex with children, should the Christians just talk it out between themselves without reporting it to the police?

Or having sex with their mother in law, or cousin, per say?

Are the sins a person does even the business of the church also?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the importance of judgment?

If the context is between you and another individual it is most certainly going to be subjective?

If a person is mad and angry, should we listen to them and hear them out, and direct them to the light?

What is the judgement call, is that what is being suggested, by what Rockducker had shared, and Roland?

What about Paul when he states that all things are lawful for him, but not everything is good, or expedient?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if a person is in the church having sex with children, should the Christians just talk it out between themselves without reporting it to the police?
By law those crimes against children must be reported to the law. They are mandatory reporters . I must do the same in my job as a mandatory reporter for the Eldery .

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By law those crimes against children must be reported to the law. They are mandatory reporters . I must do the same in my job as a mandatory reporter for the Eldery .

I agree.

Should the church know everyone sins, and call them out for doing such things?

There are people out there that simply harp hardcore on sins.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree.

I have given both the biblical and our societies answers to those questions.

Reactions: Keturah

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im not talking about the same crime of having sex with children or sexual abuse to the elderly anymore.

Those are obvious Crimes to report, @Christophany.

I never did see your answers if you would like to share them with me or direct me towards them where I could find them?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OH BETTY SUE YOU LOW DOWN DIRTY HOOOOO, having SEX WITH THE PASTORS HUSBAND WHILE YOU MARRIED, ya-ya, should that be done openly, to shame people is what I asking @Christophany is that totally acceptable in church? that is really my question I am trying to get at.

OH PASTOR DOWN BY THE RIVER CONNNING PEOPLE MONEY ya-ya

OH CONGERGATION A HATEFUL ONE ALWAYS JUDGING PEOPLE DOWN THERE AT WESTBORO BAPTIST CHURCH CALLING OUT THE GAYS THAT THEY ARE GOING TO HELLL.

you see what i am trying to get at?

Judging, and condemning people, in such a manner?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So if a person is in the church having sex with children, should the Christians just talk it out between themselves without reporting it to the police? Or having sex with their mother in law, or cousin, per say? Are the sins a person does even the business of the church also?
Keep reading the Gospels and the epistles and you will have your answers.