Christians have danced in church ....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My dancing at church has always been more like the way King David danced. I've been doing it for many years. I have not been taught the steps by any man but everyone who has watched me has says that my steps are quite distinctive. Strange thing is that I never even attended a single dance when I was in high school or really anywhere in the secular world.

I have slowed down a lot more recently as the body, particular heart and lungs have held me back. I get out of breath easily.

Still once in a while the Spirit still gets hold of me and I cannot sit still in my seat. Up I go and off again to dance like David danced.

Give God the glory!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My dancing at church has always been more like the way King David danced. I've been doing it for many years. I have not been taught the steps by any man but everyone who has watched me has says that my steps are quite distinctive. Strange thing is that I never even attended a single dance when I was in high school or really anywhere in the secular world.

I have slowed down a lot more recently as the body, particular heart and lungs have held me back. I get out of breath easily.

Still once in a while the Spirit still gets hold of me and I cannot sit still in my seat. Up I go and off again to dance like David danced.

Give God the glory!

Amen! Dave and I enjoy dancing before the Lord too :)
I'm more of a one, two, one two three person...Dave is more of a kicking hos feet out front and bobbing up and down. :)

But we dance a whole last faster and wilder than Willies Video. :D

TheHolyBookEnds

Jun 12, 2018
Neighbour
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The "Preacher" said:

Ecclesiastes 7:4 The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning; but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth.​

Reactions: Phoneman777

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't mind it so much when he does it to his own threads but these long films really slow down my whole system when I am on such a thread. This is where a moderator should step in.... Hindering discussion is at the least impolite. At the worst it's...?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't mind it so much when he does it to his own threads but these long films really slow down my whole system when I am on such a thread. This is where a moderator should step in.... Hindering discussion is at the least impolite. At the worst it's...?

Maybe @lforrest can make a judgement on this...the back to back long posts are bad enough...but now we get back to back videos in threads...we would be here all night if we were really listening to them.

I mean, ELEVEN videos in three posts!!!! He knows darn well that no one will watch eleven videos.

On one other Site I used to be on...they even discouraged videos because it caused the Site to run so slowly and navigating the site became hard.

We don't all have up to date , top of the line devices!! :(

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm having to laugh a little because I remember that I caught some flack way back when I initially tried to persuade him not to flood the forum.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian

Its not playing them automatically is it? Or is them being in the thread slowing down your computer?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its not playing them automatically is it? Or is them being in the thread slowing down your computer?
No, they are not playing automatically. I went into a couple of them to see what they were about, but without spending a lot of time I could not tell whether they were even related to the OP.

Them being in the thread slows down my computer. The same thing happens on any thread where there are long videos. These are all over an hour each. When I check new posts each day, I run across them on threads where I have no interest in commenting. Those I simply move on to the next one even though each one is time consuming. I try to avoid them thereafter though it is not always possible to remember which ones are which.

When it happens on one where I may have a continuing interest in discussion it can be quite frustrating. I do not object to him posting and discussing, but being polite and considerate should be something we are all working to improve.... Thanks for your concern.

Reactions: Willie T
B

Butterfly

Ok, playing devils advocate here, but some of the teaching within the videos is actually quite interesting and thought provoking - okay, perhaps they should be on a seperate thread and I a presuming that the point is to state that any music is a distraction - including dancing. However the whole point of the opening post is to show that music was used to dance and sing to the Lord
So it much depends on why you are listening to music , and what it leads to - like any form of enetertainment - it can be a distraction, that's a truth.
On the other hand if it leads us to worship or to be inspired or to express praise ect , that's not a distraction. So not all enetertainment is wrong, but it can get in the way - I agree with that.
Rita

TheHolyBookEnds

Jun 12, 2018
Neighbour
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, ... some of the teaching within the videos is actually quite interesting and thought provoking - okay, perhaps they should be on a seperate thread and I a presuming that the point is to state that any music is a distraction - including dancing. However the whole point of the opening post is to show that music was used to dance and sing to the Lord
So it much depends on why you are listening to music , and what it leads to - like any form of enetertainment - it can be a distraction, that's a truth.
On the other hand if it leads us to worship or to be inspired or to express praise ect , that's not a distraction. So not all enetertainment is wrong, but it can get in the way - I agree with that.
Rita
Thank you, as the material is directly related to the OP. If the material is listened to, it also gets into dancing, which is never done in the Temple, Sanctuary, and never was a drum allowed in worship service in the Temple [period].

Enter-tain-ment, literally means "to come in" - "keep/hold in possession" - "the action of".

TheHolyBookEnds

Jun 12, 2018
Neighbour
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...He knows darn well that no one will watch eleven videos. ...
You assumed incorrectly about my personal knowledge. I do not know as you seem to think I know. I have personally watched every video I recommend, probably 2-3 times (and in some cases 10's of times depending), and I personally know that many watch the video material, in many forums and elsewhere. I have also personally met brother Ivor Myers ( https://powerofthelamb.com/ ) and brother Christian Berdahl ( https://www.shepcall.com/ ), in the media-ministry I used to serve with, and when he asked me about putting the material online for free, I told him, "Do it.", as they are powerful material for truth. The devil has attacked his wife, family and himself.

We don't all have up to date , top of the line devices!! :(
Neither do I sister, as I am running on a donated machine, which is quite dated now, and my monitor is also donated/borrowed and doesn't even have a casing, and is exposed hardware.

The page will load faster once the page turns on the forums. You can also install various blockers, script blocker, ad blocker, flash blocker, etc. This will tremendously speed up loading times, and elminate ads in forums (such as this) and the script blocker will allow selective blocking, even of photos, video, and individual items, permanently or temporarily. I block most images that people post.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@TheHolyBookEnds
Why don't you just go and play in the middle of the street somewhere with your marbles...I'm sure you would have fun.

We are all getting somewhat gutted with your constant flooding...
Yes his posts are way too long. He has so many "featured threads" because he just continues to reply to his own threads over and over. Insanity.

Just go away and play...

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, playing devils advocate here, but some of the teaching within the videos is actually quite interesting and thought provoking - okay, perhaps they should be on a seperate thread and I a presuming that the point is to state that any music is a distraction - including dancing. However the whole point of the opening post is to show that music was used to dance and sing to the Lord
Rita
Thank you Rita. Unfortunately I am in another place. It is rare that I watch videos on forums especially when I see that they are so very long. If I knew or suspected that they were worth the trouble, however I might make the time. One thing that makes the difference for me as to whether or not to take the time is a person giving me a clue with a bit of charity as why it would really be worth my while.

The first time King David had the Ark brought toward Jerusalem he erred because he failed to follow God's clearly prescribed rules. The second time he got it together and did it the right way. This is why David is called the apple of His eye and a man after God's heart. He did not presume he had it all right all of the time. He made many mistakes, but he repeatedly accepted responsibility and made corrections and left judgment in God's hands. As a result God never rejected him in spite of his errors. Rather God built him up and gave him to us in the scriptures as an example for us.

Our perfect example of course is Jesus, but since all of have made mistakes before the Lord, sometimes we need someone like David to show us that God is merciful and we are not left in condemnation without hope. He is looking at our hearts all of the time.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Rita

Hi Rita

Well personally ...I am quite concerned when " people find his posts " interesting"

To me , when what a person believes and doesn't believe about the resurrection of Jesus Christ...one of the foundations of our faith. ( forgooten which thread of his this is in)

And when I read about - When we Christians go to church on a Sunday ..we have taken the Mark Of The Beast and will end up in hell... ( again forgotten which threads that has been in..)

Then sorry...no, it not the belief system I would encourage my grandkids to read..'because it's interesting or provokes thought .' People's whole spiritual lives have become shipwrecked for less.

It reminds me of 2 Kings 4
".... but as they began to eat it, they cried out, “Man of God, there is death in the pot!” And they could not eat it. "

But, as we always end up saying.." All are free to make their own choices." :)

Luke 8:18 "Take heed therefore how ye hear: for whosoever hath, to him shall be given; and whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he seemeth to have."

Reactions: Nancy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well...he has accomplished what he wanted...
Derailing this thread...

If the "gloves are off " and anything goes....and the moderators have given him a free reign on this forum...then maybe we should all do likewise and make sure we post lots of scriptures and uplifting posts , pictures , photographs and whatever on every page of his threads and disrupt all of them....as he seems to feel he has the right to do ....

Reactions: Nancy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm having to laugh a little because I remember that I caught some flack way back when I initially tried to persuade him not to flood the forum.

Obviously flooding the Site with mile long back to back posts.. and pushing his agenda to warn us how if we keep Sunday we are going to hell..and his other false junk...is okay with @lforrest and the other Mods....then it seems that all things are allowable on here....we must remember that I guess.
News to me , as I did not know that. :(

To me it is " strange fire"...obviously I am wrong!!

Bless you Willie, sorry that your thread got derailed. :oops:
Don't give up brother....appreciate your posts.

Reactions: Willie T and LC627