Christians - Remember the Fallen as VICTIMS, not Heroes of War!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where have you been Ziggy? You have laid out more spiritual fruit for my soul. And this one really interests me.

I would like to investigate more from this all encompassing angle of yours that you've presented here. Yes, this evil is an Armageddon of massive proportions being unleased before our very eyes, like a huge dam busting up.

Coincident or not, definitely odd though, I had a dream last night that I could not figure out. There was some wood framing work that was starting to come apart. I evidentially constructed it before and was proud of its robustness and design. I was not alarmed by it however. It was not fastened securely upon further inspection and seemed to quickly rot and become thoroughly wet. They I was presented with a different view from a side of an unknown house. It was wood framed. I could see water filling up inside and the weight and pressure pushed a part of the front side out and the water spilt out as one giant gush.

Yes, from the person, family and community level to the national and international landscape. We, especially Christians, are being hated for all kinds of differences - color, intellect, spirituality/religion, thoughts, words and actions on a multitude of subjects, even seen on this OP. Satan is on an all out attack on believers, his main target.

Yes, these thoughts of hate and evil on all these things, that were somewhat contained, are now being unleashed, all put into motion at one time, as a gigantic wall of water flooding the lands/nations of the earth.

Definitely intriguing and I believe a real spiritual new advent for all Christians to take strict note of and obedience to, that begins in their hearts as the Spirit provide guidance and nourishment and shelter. Ensure it is 'clean' as we walk in Christ. Or for non-believers, now is the time to repent and seek cleansing in the heart, by Christ's Spirit.

Rev 22:11 (NIV)
"Let the one who does wrong continue to do wrong; let the vile person continue to be vile; let the one who does right continue to do right; and let the holy person continue to be holy."

Bless you, APAK

There is a verse:
2Th 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

The NLT translates it this way:
For this lawlessness is already at work secretly, and it will remain secret until the one who is holding it back steps out of the way.

It's not a secret anymore..
Many people SEE what's going on.
Who is the one holding it back? I would think the Holy Spirit.
So what does that mean..
I believe it is the "falling away" we are witnessing.

Imagine a world of chaos and lawlessness...
We are very close.
:(

Much Love

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Coincident or not, definitely odd though, I had a dream last night that I could not figure out. There was some wood framing work that was starting to come apart. I evidentially constructed it before and was proud of its robustness and design. I was not alarmed by it however. It was not fastened securely upon further inspection and seemed to quickly rot and become thoroughly wet. They I was presented with a different view from a side of an unknown house. It was wood framed. I could see water filling up inside and the weight and pressure pushed a part of the front side out and the water spilt out as one giant gush.
Reminds me of those who build their house on a Rock vs, those who build their houses on sand.
Regardless of the storm or water damage,
If your foundation is strong, nothing can move you.

Just thinking.
Hugs

Reactions: APAK

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes

A victim of the power of darkness that had rule for an hour.
A hero for overcoming the power of darkness with light.

Victim:
Luk 22:53 When I was daily with you in the temple, ye stretched forth no hands against me: but this is your hour, and the power of darkness.

Hero:
Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Hugs

While the definition of victim fits, a hero definition fits better. And calling them victims is not honoring them:

he·ro

1. a person who is admired or idealized for courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities.

It takes real courage and nobility to lay down one's life for another:

John 15:13
13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While the definition of victim fits, a hero definition fits better. And calling them victims is not honoring them:

he·ro

1. a person who is admired or idealized for courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities.

13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

AMEN. I was thinking of that verse yesterday. God knows my heroes wear dog tags.

Reactions: dev553344

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

he·ro

Not all people can show this type of love Devin, only believer's can. I hope you are aware of this and here's a great clip to explain it better that I..

There is a great difference between secular natural love and agape love...

Bless you,

APAK

Reactions: Ziggy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the really discerned and mature Christian, there is never any war hero, only and always victims of Satan's psychological operations and wars.
Victims of sin, of the devil, of others, but they are not only victims. Those who choose to risk themselves to stand against evil are every bit heros to me.

I have much sadness for so many dead, so many of them young, that died for nothing, for the greed of corporations, and politicians, but for no good cause. Even so, let's not forget the multitudes who died to save lives, to free captives, who died defending those unable to defend themselves.

Much love!

Reactions: Ziggy and dev553344

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we as a believer, glorify another person, a believer or not, without giving glory the Father for a cause that is clearly his will as we know it, then yes, he or she is a hero and an asset to the glory of God, NOT to the world or man.

Greater love has no man than this . . . that He lay down his life for another.

It's God's will that we love one another.

Much love!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not all people can show this type of love Devin, only believer's can. I hope you are aware of this and here's a great clip to explain it better that I..

There is a great difference between secular natural love and agape love...

Bless you,

APAK
You're saying that believer love is different than secular people have love? This idea appears to lack proof. Can you find in the bible where it says this?

Love is love, one word to describe it not multiple words with multiple definitions. The bible speaks of many types of things that secular people love, some evil, so why not some good also? The passage I quoted says nothing of what you speak of either.

John 15:12-13
12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Psalms 52:3 Thou lovest evil more than good; and lying rather than to speak righteousness. Selah.

Last edited:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love is love, one word to describe it not multiple words with multiple definitions. The bible speaks of many types of things that secular people love, some evil, so why not some good also? The passage I quoted says nothing of what you speak of either.

John 15:12-13
12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Psalms 52:3 Thou lovest evil more than good; and lying rather than to speak righteousness. Selah.
Well I completely disagree with your assessment. This love Christ spoke of in the scripture you presented is not just any type of love or the same type as what a secular human can generate.

Agape love or self-sacrificing love is unknown to the world. Did you actually listen to the clip?

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Victims of sin, of the devil, of others, but they are not only victims. Those who choose to risk themselves to stand against evil are every bit heros to me.

I have much sadness for so many dead, so many of them young, that died for nothing, for the greed of corporations, and politicians, but for no good cause. Even so, let's not forget the multitudes who died to save lives, to free captives, who died defending those unable to defend themselves.

Much love!
You have your opinion of course and I disagree completely. I would just caution you though in generalizing or assuming that any person is risking their life against evil and is qualified to be a honored hero, in God's eyes and with his blessing. That is my benchmark.

I would question if these so-called heroes really knew what was the evil they were dying for and for what cause! The secular world cannot know true evil without wearing the lens of God in their lives. And they deny him...

I do honor a fallen person of any position, occupation, age, sex or station in life as both a victim and a hero for their selfless sacrifice of their life for others, under any conditions, and only because they are in the service of God and his will, whilst living in this world of evil and spiritual warfare.

This generally and commonly means those Christians who lose their lives selflessly with agape, Christ's love, in defense of their loved ones, their Christian brethren and sisters and/or others in their local proximity, from evil and tyranny of any kind when 'backed into a corner' or without obvious escape. Holy self-defense if you will. We definitely are required to be prepared and train with deadly force of arms for such a time and purpose, especially in these troubling times.

Christ says his Father will honor others with the implication that they are also a hero, under one crucial proviso:

John 12:26 ESV
"If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there will my servant be also. If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him"

And I follow this scripture example, and not the worlds' sayings and customs that would apply the title of sacrificial hero to anyone who died in the service of his nation for example.

As a Christian, my belief is the spiritual meaning of a hero, and never is the carnal, natural secular meaning. The latter has no meaning to me when it comes to true sacrificial love and death against evil.

I believe this is why some folks, I assume are all believers here, even on this site, cannot wrap their heads around this spiritual view of a hero, as they are used to viewing it through secular lens, as part of their upbringing. And every time Memorial Day arrives each year, they mentally switch off, and give way to the secular view and forget the view of their Saviour, who was truly a victim and hero for all of us.

Just because many still love to use the holy title, Christian nation of the USA, we cannot wildly assume that all people in service of their nation are all believers and are ALL doing God's work ( and they are not! They are part of this evil deadly game), as was used as an excuse for war many centuries ago in the Holy wars with the Knight Templars. They were never doing God's work! It was a fools errand.

Blessings,

APAK

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would just caution you though in generalizing or assuming that any person is risking their life against evil and is qualified to be a honored hero, in God's eyes and with his blessing. That is my benchmark.
Well of course!

Some take their lives in their hands for an evil cause, certainly!

And be careful of judging the intents of men's hearts, and how God will judge them.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe this is why some folks, I assume are all believers here, even on this site, cannot wrap their heads around this spiritual view of a hero, as they are used to viewing it through secular lens, as part of their upbringing. And every time Memorial Day arrives each year, they mentally switch off, and give way to the secular view and forget the view of their Saviour, who was truly a victim and hero for all of us.

I don't see that, myself. We can see Jesus' supreme sacrifice of life while still appreciating in their own right those who have selflessly given their lives for others.

Much love!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well of course!

Some take their lives in their hands for an evil cause, certainly!

And be careful of judging the intents of men's hearts, and how God will judge them.

Much love!
And that is why we should honor in private as a personal honor of someone with true spiritual heroism and sacrifice for God. Not by joining in the world and celebrating with secular and public display of 'all types' of heroes....It was the Civil War that this Memorial Day was based and conceived. What did the folks do before that time? They did as I am saying here....

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psa 23:3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Psa 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Psa 23:5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Psa 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

For God and Country.

There was a time we faught to be freed from reliigious prosecution. Not being able to be led by the Spirit, but made to be led by man.
Forced labour of the soul.
And some faught back. Not with guns and swords, but words and by example.
We have LIBERTY in Christ!
We are FREE to Love and not bound by hate.
And we FIGHT for that FREEDOM!

Many times in many ages that has been taken from us.
We made a covenant with death, which has been DISANNULLED!
And we stand on the brink of caving in again.
Because we don't BELIEVE that we are FREE!
We feel trapped here, it's as if darkness and evil is being allowed to creep in around us.
We see it, we feel it. And feel helpless to change it.

And there are some that know what FREEDOM is and they FIGHT and they DIE to preserve it.
And those that don't see and don't hear, don't understand the sacrifice. YET.

That's part of the growing process. When you allow yourself to understand that you are FREE!
And you understand what's at stake, and what they are trying to take from us.
Their goal is to remove God. AGAIN.

Jhn 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

We ARE that kingdom. And we're looking kinda shabby.
Lazy, fearful of saying something, avoid conflict at all cost, get caught up in world affairs...
The seeds that are being sown today spiritually, look an aweful lot like those GMO seeds they feeding us.
No LIFE in them!

WE NEED TO FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT OF FAITH!
For God and Country!
God Bless

Reactions: APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psa 23:3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Psa 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Psa 23:5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Psa 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

For God and Country.

There was a time we faught to be freed from reliigious prosecution. Not being able to be led by the Spirit, but made to be led by man.
Forced labour of the soul.
And some faught back. Not with guns and swords, but words and by example.
We have LIBERTY in Christ!
We are FREE to Love and not bound by hate.
And we FIGHT for that FREEDOM!

Many times in many ages that has been taken from us.
We made a covenant with death, which has been DISANNULLED!
And we stand on the brink of caving in again.
Because we don't BELIEVE that we are FREE!
We feel trapped here, it's as if darkness and evil is being allowed to creep in around us.
We see it, we feel it. And feel helpless to change it.

And there are some that know what FREEDOM is and they FIGHT and they DIE to preserve it.
And those that don't see and don't hear, don't understand the sacrifice. YET.

That's part of the growing process. When you allow yourself to understand that you are FREE!
And you understand what's at stake, and what they are trying to take from us.
Their goal is to remove God. AGAIN.

Jhn 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

We ARE that kingdom. And we're looking kinda shabby.
Lazy, fearful of saying something, avoid conflict at all cost, get caught up in world affairs...
The seeds that are being sown today spiritually, look an aweful lot like those GMO seeds they feeding us.
No LIFE in them!

WE NEED TO FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT OF FAITH!
For God and Country!
God Bless
Yes, we are indeed in and are the Kingdom, the New City on the hill and are free in it....
Free to speak the spirit's truth with conviction and without fear.

It is the Father's will today that we speak of all things of the Kingdom,, his people in and to this fallen world.

I believe the Pilgrims in the main, and others in Christ believed the same and died in the service of God as true heroes for their God first and their people and country next. For God and Country indeed.

Evil has now caught up with God's people today and the age-old war is really heating up, a new civil war of sorts...there is no escape from this world....but we are not of this world...we are free as the Kingdom

We do not have to seek another and better country, and there are none to escape to anymore, we are at home now in the Kingdom.

As we serve our God and Country we await the Son as free men and women ready to die as true heroes for our Lord, Amen.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know..
this is what I'm thinking...
We have to go to hell to get to heaven.
And as we go, we're convincing a lot of people to turn around before they hit rock bottom.
They live in darkness. We are the only stars in the heavens.
And we go down with them, not wanting to be in the darkness, but rather, willing to be that light that gives men hope.

We will have to go through tribulation.. for their sakes.
As sheep led to the slaughter.. no greater love than this...
But we UNDERSTAND, and we go willingly.

Maybe we get a choice?
Some that are weaker may not have to endure the journey. The newborn saved..
they haven't matured enough to withstand the DAY.
But those that understand that Love is greater then FEAR..
Perhaps those are they that return with the Lord on horses, ready to battle..

Having done all to Stand!
Eph 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

The Armour of God
Amen!

Hugs

Reactions: amadeus and APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know..
this is what I'm thinking...
We have to go to hell to get to heaven.
And as we go, we're convincing a lot of people to turn around before they hit rock bottom.
They live in darkness. We are the only stars in the heavens.
And we go down with them, not wanting to be in the darkness, but rather, willing to be that light that gives men hope.

We will have to go through tribulation.. for their sakes.
As sheep led to the slaughter.. no greater love than this...
But we UNDERSTAND, and we go willingly.

Maybe we get a choice?
Some that are weaker may not have to endure the journey. The newborn saved..
they haven't matured enough to withstand the DAY.
But those that understand that Love is greater then FEAR..
Perhaps those are they that return with the Lord on horses, ready to battle..

Having done all to Stand!
Eph 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

The Armour of God
Amen!

Hugs
Another round of wisdom Ziggy....Not to overbake the words, but I do understand you completely here....it is very edifying to hear from you and a few others as you, that I've recently acknowledged, where I have no need to clarify or restate my words...your spiritual signal and frequency is resonating with me, totally...aka 'digging it'

WE will definitely go through the world's upcoming, grand, last part of the latter days tribulation for their sake, the angel's sake, Christ's sake and ultimately for the Father's sake and desire, for his glory. It is in the works....

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look how easy it was for them to whip the church right into submission.
Shut them down, made them comform: no singing, no praying...
Over a carnal virus, while at the same time attacking us spiritually by seperating us.
Now causing divisions, no longer just religion, now it's color, now it's gender, ..
Death by 1000 cuts.
External and Internal. Being attacked from without and within.

I see apostacy growing. And many that are sleeping can't sense it.
They have grown numb, charity grows calluses.
Are hearts are turning stoney... consciences are being seered.

We are in THE WAR.
If you can't see it... Pray the Lord opens your eyes.
See the Storm is upon us.

written on the Liberty Bell:
The Liberty Bell bears a timeless message: "Proclaim Liberty Throughout All the Land Unto All the Inhabitants thereof"

This is America and this is what We the People Stand For.
And not for us alone, but for the world.
If we fall....
The world falls.

This is what we fight for.

I am getting a bit perturbed about being called a racist and a terrorist though.
Slanderous..foul breathed creatures they are.
There's your false accuser in the flesh. While they deficate on your character.
They call you a liar, when you speak truth. They make fun of you for believing in "fairy tales"
They commit the crime and have you shamed. (This is called projection) and they have the art down well.

We are under attack. Every God Loving person on this planet is under attack.

2Th 3:1 Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:
2Th 3:2 And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.

Our Defences are stronger than their weapons.
Just look at the Armour we have been equipped with.
God has already supplied the equipment,
we just need to wear it, and KNOW
we have already won!

God Bless

Reactions: marks

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another round of wisdom Ziggy....Not to overbake the words, but I do understand you completely here....it is very edifying to hear from you and a few others as you, that I've recently acknowledged, where I have no need to clarify or restate my words...your spiritual signal and frequency is resonating with me, totally...aka 'digging it'

WE will definitely go through the world's upcoming, grand, last part of the latter days tribulation for their sake, the angel's sake, Christ's sake and ultimately for the Father's sake and desire, for his glory. It is in the works....
Nameste
:)