CHRISTMAS TREE

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry,.. I'm just into one of those moods,.. but yeah he's probably way too young for you though LOL but for me,.. ;) (This is normal for me though, ask @JohnDB about it he knows all about it. :p)

Is that the same guy that on here?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
(This is normal for me though, ask @JohnDB about it he knows all about it.
131987486_3841366842561065_5642630826572264679_n.jpg

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey cheeky, a good looking man is a good looking man whatever age you are or whatever age he is. I still like to look. :D

Ooh,.. you sly dog you. ;)

Is that the same guy that on here?

No,.. I'll message you about it and what is with the picture? Neither of us are wrong people,.. we're just,.. Idk,.. just us. XD

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe at some point in his past the man may have truly been a man of God, but looking back now I am unable to to see it. In the beginning I was quite blind. Fortunately for us God was leading us even back then. Some of his lessons taught over the pulpit were not bad, but his example lived was very poor. I believe that that they really drove away most of the few visitors they had. Our old friends in the Lord would visit us in service very seldom because of what they saw and felt. It was all to obvious but my brother in that family would never directly by name criticize that pastor. He believed sincerely in not touching God's anointed.
That was an O.T. swap.

All saints are "God's annointed".

The problem with Christendom is what you just referred to...Men in God's stead over sheep.

If we cease with this foolishness and teach that everyone must give account to Jesus as their lone Shepherd, then we will quit measuring fallen men.

Men and women should only be viewed as Elders(parental roles), not representatives of Christ to their equals....and parents have issues.

Reactions: amadeus

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, I know you wouldn't use 'The Two Babylons' book BoL.....could it be because it exposes the origins of Rome's practices and nails the grubby connection with paganism?
Nope - I told you why.
Because Hislop was a hack who had an ax to grind against the Church, so he made up this rubbish.

You don't have to believe ME - read one of your fellow Protestants, Ralph woodrow, who wrote an entire BOOK about it.
Like I said before - it's called, The Babylon Connection?

Here is an article by Woodrow from the Christian Research Institute - that EVERY person like YOU who has ever been duped by Hislops manure should read:
The Two Babylons | Christian Research Institute

Reactions: historyb

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Wow. A "pastor" encouraging divorce?!! So glad God got you out of there! Shameful and prideful, that "pastor" :(
My experience was opposite. My pastor insisted I accept my husband back after he left me for 6weeks. He said I had no grounds for a divorce. As it happened The Lord knew that he was with another women and had other affairs before that, I stayed another ten years in a difficult marriage because I didn’t want to go against what that pastor and my church family would say. Sorry to read about your experience @amadeus xx
Rita

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is this where the modern day "Christmas tree" came from? I hope not as I do love a nicely decorated tree!!
If the focus is on the birth of Christ and what that means, there is no need to get too concerned. The problem is that too many unbelievers are celebrating Christmas for all kinds of reasons. Indeed the unbelieving world loves Christmas but not necessarily Christ.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Israel gravitated to the heathen worship systems because they were 'attractive' to the unregenerate person. They fed carnal desires in an unconscious way to the participant.

Ever wonder why the larger slab of humanity abandoned worship of the God of Heaven?.....well now you know.

Consider the reasons Christians give for using a tree with its various decorations. You will find the whole heathen connection is downplayed and abundant seductive reasons given to attempt to justify the practice yet ask the same folk to remember the Sabbath day, a direct Commandment of God and it's hands in the air wholesale in horror with accusations of wanting to be justified by works let alone the energy put into trying to prove that breaking one of Gods Commandments is justified.

That should be telling you something about the seductive nature of Satans reasoning and how easy it is to adopt pagan practice and feel comfortable with it.

Any close look at the practices of Rome (RCC) will reveal how closely the two are related.

Last edited:

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all and Merry CHRISTmas.
There is a few verses I read years back and it made me wonder.
Maybe some of you can possibly explain what you think of this verse and it's meaning:

Jeremiah 10:1-5
Is this where the modern day "Christmas tree" came from?
I hope not as I do love a nicely decorated tree!! Any takers?
Hi @Nancy,

After a year filled with dire reports, and the corona virus, I hope that you have time during this holiday period, to sit with a cup of cocoa and a mince pie, and enjoy reading about the birth of the Lord Jesus, God's only begotten Son, and be thankful. We don't need a holiday in order to do this, but as we have one provided, I can think of no better use for it, can you? ;)

Thank you for the reading from Jeremiah 10:1-5. Interesting!

Take care, Nancy.
With love in Christ Jesus
Chris

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My experience was opposite. My pastor insisted I accept my husband back after he left me for 6weeks. He said I had no grounds for a divorce. As it happened The Lord knew that he was with another women and had other affairs before that, I stayed another ten years in a difficult marriage because I didn’t want to go against what that pastor and my church family would say. Sorry to read about your experience @amadeus xx
Rita

When Jesus taught that divorce was a sin,.. I don't think that's what He was talking about. In fact didn't He mention something about unless it's through unfaithfulness? And abuse goes without saying.

Reactions: Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rita
The Lord will lead us rightly if we really are willing and able to submit ourselves to him. When I asked my good friend and brother, the one who won us to the Lord as well as the one who took us to that assembly to start for advice, he had good advice for us but he would not speak directly against that pastor even though he knew the man was way out from where he should be. My friend cautiously advised us to pray about it even though leaving the assembly did already appear to be the right thing to do. He absolutely refused to condemn [touch] what he called the Lord's anointed even though he could see nothing good in the man. My friend was black and the pastor was unable to hide that he was very strongly prejudiced against black people even though he was careful with his mouth in that area. The pastor's son [a young teenager] was not so careful.

How long must we endure? How long should we endure wrong? Paul's writings in particular give us the options, and I suppose on a case by case and person by person basis, we may go either way. You took the 10 years of pain, which not many would have taken when given another choice. Such pastors, hmmm?

I should have known about my pastor in the beginning, but I was naive in worldly things and I knew nothing of the Bible. I thought maybe the man really had the authority, but I wanted someone who knew to explain it to me.

Within those first few weeks in his assembly, I went to him once just before service in his office to ask him one question. I asked him where he got his authority. I wasn't nasty or sarcastic or any such thing. I really wanted an answer to my question hopefully based on scripture. He just looked at me in a strange way, got up and left the room without saying a single word. I went out and sat down on a pew next to my wife explaining to her what had happened and then we waited for the service to begin. I wondered to myself what no answer on his part could mean. I soon found out.

The pastor walked up onto the platform and to the pulpit and looking out at me and the congregation he began to rebuke me before everyone because, as he put it, I had questioned his authority. He said I had no right to do that. I was dumbfounded as was my wife.

I really learned a lot from the time we spent in that place in addition to beginning to read my Bible.
Help us dear Lord!

Last edited: