Christmas

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Taking the family to the VA Christmas Spectacular is a great starter! :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75Jasab2pMM

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, we go a little overboard on a tree as far as my wife and child, but we enjoy the lights and the meaning behind the tree in recognition of our ultimate Tree of Life. Beyond that, it's an always fun candlelight church service, and time well spent with the family on both sides.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
A Charlie Brown Christmas.

CharlieBrownChristmas.jpg

Blair4Christ

Nov 13, 2012
Frisco, Texas
My step father is Jewish and me and my mothers side of the family are Christian. We celebrate both Christmas and hanukkah together. It's always special to have everyone together :)

Spirit Covenant

Nov 5, 2012
1 Hear the word which the Lord speaks to you, O house of Israel.
2 Thus says the Lord: "Do not learn the way of the Gentiles; Do not be dismayed at the signs of heaven, For the Gentiles are dismayed at them.
3 For the customs of the peoples are futile; For one cuts a tree from the forest, The work of the hands of the workman, with the ax.
4 They decorate it with silver and gold; They fasten it with nails and hammers So that it will not topple.
5 They are upright, like a palm tree, And they cannot speak; They must be carried, Because they cannot go by themselves. Do not be afraid of them, For they cannot do evil, Nor can they do any good."

Jeremiah 10

Elle

Sep 27, 2012
True believers do not honor Christmas or any other pagan "holiday". Do not even try to justify keeping this pagan custom, for if you do, you are no better than a heathen.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love the season of Christmas! Waiting for the celebration of the birth of Christ is a joy.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"...which led Luther to revise Scripture and declare the letter of St. James to be apocryphal. Here also we have the root of Calvin’s notion that some are predestined for heaven and others for hell by nothing but the arbitrary will of God. Nor are we surprised to find Protestant sects which have outlawed the celebration of Christmas itself, distrusting the human values and human joy which Christmas both represents and fulfills..."

The Incarnation

Pilgrimer

Jun 20, 2013
Mobile, Alabama
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John_8:32 said:
Ignore it. I keep the Feasts of the Eternal.
No one can "keep the feasts" according to the Old Covenant manner of observance, if that is what you are implying. In the days of the coming of Messiah and the establishment of the New Covenant, God Himself removed everything that He had provided that made it possible to observe the Law, and "keep the feasts" according to the first covenant.

"He took away the first that he might establish the second." Hebrews

Now that Jesus has fulfilled the feasts, those of us who walk in faith "keep the feasts" of God every day according to the New Covenant manner of observance, which, like everything else that pertains to the New Covenant, is by faith.

The birth and the death and resurrection of Jesus are Biblical events that Christians celebrate without being commanded to simply because we love the Gospel of Jesus Christ and honor the birth and the death and resurrection of Jesus as the two greatest events in the history of the world, both of which bear witness to all the world of the coming of salvation.

In Christ,
Pilgrimer

tripleseven

Nov 11, 2013
John_8:32 said:
Ignore it. I keep the Feasts of the Eternal.
AMEN brother!

Christmas is just another pagan ritual - a satanic high holiday masquerading as something Holy.

Jesus was actually born in September - September 11th.

We too at our house celebrate the high holydays God himself has ordained!

Reactions: ServingTheMostHigh

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah fear.....

What a great way to rob us of life's joy.

Fear is by far, the most effective means of stunting sanctification - it has to be a favorite of demons everywhere.

Reactions: HammerStone

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i am not afraid of reclaiming pagan celebrations for God. Are you, Vale?

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't celebrate christmas either.