Church Bashing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We just think they’re true because everyone seems to believe them. And we read with those assumptions instead of seeing it doesn’t really say what we think…
Speaking for yourself here, I expect!

;)

Someone may actually read the Bible and listen to what it says . . .

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's the thing. Nobody has to go by anyone else's assumptions. We all have Bibles and we all have the Holy Spirit to teach us. So it is up to you to seriously study the Bible (using all available and legitimate Bible study tools). As to "it doesn't really say what we think", the fault is not with the Word of God.

Let's take the example of the Millennium. Does the Bible have "a/the thousand years" repeated six times in seven verses in Revelation 20? Then why does anyone have the audacity to say that it really does not mean that or say that?
I find all the Scripture disagreements come down to someone somewhere reading a verse, and declaring it means something different from what it says.

Much love!

Reactions: Enoch111

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, the problem is "we" don't define death. Each of us define it for ourselves. The result is pluralism or Babylon (confusion). Some say the Bible defines death as cessation of life, others believe it is some sort of mystical process. No consensus. Meanwhile, new Christians and non-believers think we're just a bunch of amateur pseudo philosophers.
So then what definition of death fits every place it appears?
Much love!

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So those words “day and night” have piqued my interest. Still working on it all. I wish someone smarter than me would do it, but I’m working on it. It’s difficult to set all assumptions aside to lock all of it into place.
Trust me; you're more than smart enough and you don't have to depend on intelligence, anyway. You may pray for the Holy Spirit and confidently expect Him to lead you into all truth. We (including myself, of course) need to take the promises in the Bible more seriously than we do, as though He was as essential to life as oxygen and water, which He really is. The Bible can never be exhausted of informative material, as a common book can. So while we are seeking, we need not be afraid to search as for hid treasure. God will always be omniscient, a concept we can't even grasp. But He invites us to search out the things that he declares are for us and our children. :)

Jeremiah 29:13 Parallel: And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Matthew 13:44 Parallel: Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.

Deuteronomy 29:29 Parallel: The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

Reactions: Brakelite and Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here, people prefer to denigrate and "rebuke" people whom they've never even met!

Personal is committed. Someone I know IRL is not at all like someone over the internet. We can pretend whatever we want, and who is the wiser? Talk a good talk, and especially put others down. That seems to be the common calling card. Whether it's this accusations of "Laodicean", or "you're reading it carnally!", or whatever it is, its always the same! Denigration instead of explanation.

Much love!
@BarnyFife

Or . . .

Here, some people prefer to denigrate and "rebuke" people whom they've never even met!
Personal is committed. Someone I know IRL is not at all like someone over the internet. We can pretend whatever we want, and who is the wiser? Any number of posts talk a good talk, and go on put others down. Whether it's this accusations of "Laodicean", or "you're reading it carnally!", or whatever it is, its always the same! Denigration instead of explanation.
Much love!

Reactions: Wrangler

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you are the judge of this accuracy? Your systematic theology is the only way to see things as to determine accuracy? That is limiting God to your understanding.
What I'm saying is that when you purport to describe someone, and claim to be speaking Spirit-led, that person knows you are false when what you say about them isn't right.

Others may see you (general you) as "spiritual", or mature or something, when you use "religious" sounding words, stuff like that, but the person knows the reality, and when you speak falsely, they know that.

Much love!

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then what definition of death fits every place it appears?
Much love!
Just off the top of my head, I know of three different kinds of death:
  • Complete cessation of physical life (given that there is no chance of resurrection after the second death)
  • Death in trespasses and sins
  • Death to sin
Of course there could be more that I've forgotten or have yet to discover. :)

Reactions: marks

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Worship Him wherever you are . . .

;)

2020-02-04-07-11-49.jpg

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BarnyFife

Or . . .

Here, some people prefer to denigrate and "rebuke" people whom they've never even met!
Personal is committed. Someone I know IRL is not at all like someone over the internet. We can pretend whatever we want, and who is the wiser? Any number of posts talk a good talk, and go on put others down. Whether it's this accusations of "Laodicean", or "you're reading it carnally!", or whatever it is, its always the same! Denigration instead of explanation.
Much love!
?

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just off the top of my head, I know of three different kinds of death:
  • Complete cessation of physical life (given that there is no chance of resurrection after the second death)
  • Death in trespasses and sins
  • Death to sin
Of course there could be more that I've forgotten or have yet to discover. :)
I'd still go with separation. Dead to sin . . . to the world . . . in the grave . . . to the flesh . . . dead in sin (separated from God).

Much love!

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd still go with separation. Dead to sin . . . to the world . . . in the grave . . . to the flesh . . . dead in sin (separated from God).

Much love!
Technically, we are all separated from God in some manner until the Parousia.