Church Defied Coronavirus Order

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So tired of President Trump being brought into conversations to be attacked when the conversation isn't even about him. People are dying from this virus and people just want to point fingers and blame people. Our president is working very hard to help this country. People just need to shut their mouths about it. I don't want to be crude, but just sick of the Trump bashing.
You seem very sensitive on the subject. My criticism was aimed more at churches than at Trump. Did you even really read my post? I also mentioned Bush and Obama. I criticized all three Presidents and you take that as bashing Trump? Why are you being so sensitive about this? Do you know? Do you?

You also ignored what I had to say about a Democrat coming into office. I remember when Bush invented his religious program in the White House. Democrats complained about it, said they wouldn't fund it and how it was a violation of the separation of church and state. But when Obama got in there, he didn't get rid of it. He used it to his own advantage. I don't like any President getting religion to prop him up, Democrat or Republican.

I also wonder why you objected to my post but Enoch's didn't seem to bother you when he called a church a "cult." You liked his post. You seem to have a double-standard. You have me scratching my head.

Last edited:

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So tired of President Trump being brought into conversations to be attacked when the conversation isn't even about him. People are dying from this virus and people just want to point fingers and blame people. Our president is working very hard to help this country. People just need to shut their mouths about it. I don't want to be crude, but just sick of the Trump bashing.
I"m not a Trump support at all (quite the opposite). But even I am sick of the Trump-bashing. We really have more important things to do than unceasingly point fingers.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I"m not a Trump support at all (quite the opposite). But even I am sick of the Trump-bashing. We really have more important things to do than unceasingly point fingers.
Do you think I was bashing Trump?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was speaking in general.
That is not really an answer to my question. Perhaps you prefer not to answer it; perhaps it would best not to answer it; but if so, why comment on the matter in the first place?

I am also tired of people who call themselves Christians attacking other Christians the way Enoch did in that post. Tired of it. I certainly don't agree with that church. I find their beliefs absurd; but I don't feel the need to demean them. Was the conversation in this thread about that? No, it wasn't. Enoch introduced it and called them a "cult." Mayflower didn't object to that. Does she approve of that? Is that okay with her? It must be since she liked Enoch's post. So Mayflower didn't think it was off topic to Enoch to demean a church he disapproved of by calling them a cult; but suddenly she gets upsets when I mention Trump in a post along with Bush and Obama and says I'm bashing Trump? Has the world gone mad?

I am also tired of Trump bashing people. Is Mayflower tired of that too? Are you?

Reactions: Mayflower

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not really an answer to my question. Perhaps you prefer not to answer it; perhaps it would best not to answer it; but if so, why comment on the matter in the first place?
I wan't talking about your comment at all. I was responding to Mayflower's. It had zero to do with you or your comment.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem very sensitive on the subject. My criticism was aimed more at churches than at Trump. Did you even really read my post? I also mentioned Bush and Obama. I criticized all three Presidents and you take that as bashing Trump? Why are you being so sensitive about this? Do you know? Do you?

You also ignored what I had to say about a Democrat coming into office. I remember when Bush invented his religious program in the White House. Democrats complained about it, said they wouldn't fund it and how it was a violation of the separation of church and state. But when Obama got in there, he didn't get rid of it. He used it to his own advantage. I don't like any President getting religion to prop him up, Democrat or Republican.

I also wonder why you objected to my post but Enoch's didn't seem to bother you when he called a church a "cult." You liked his post. You seem to have a double-standard. You have me scratching my head.

So I went back and read your post. I think yesterday I read cult lavishly adoring Trump and just got angry all over again. I don't see that in evangelical churches. I do not like when I see church used for political motivation, but the president is just not the only one. The government in general does it. I think I'm tired of all the bickering and saw that statement and got angry. Usually when I "like" something, it is to bookmark what I read for one, but also to say "I hear you." I was getting tired and wasn't really "hearing" you the other day what you were really trying to say. There were a couple other posts I had completely missed yesterday too.

But just in general, tired of hearing how Trump is adored by cults and things when he has had the most criticism towards him then any other president. And right now, so many people are being effected by the coronavirus, and they are still complaining about Trump.

So sorry. I was a bit sharper then I usually am, but I wasn't hearing all you were saying.

Reactions: amadeus

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I am also tired of people who call themselves Christians attacking other Christians the way Enoch did in that post. Tired of it. I certainly don't agree with that church. I find their beliefs absurd; but I don't feel the need to demean them. Was the conversation in this thread about that? No, it wasn't. Enoch introduced it and called them a "cult." Mayflower didn't object to that. Does she approve of that? Is that okay with her? It must be since she liked Enoch's post. So Mayflower didn't think it was off topic to Enoch to demean a church he disapproved of by calling them a cult; but suddenly she gets upsets when I mention Trump in a post along with Bush and Obama and says I'm bashing Trump? Has the world gone mad?

I am also tired of Trump bashing people. Is Mayflower tired of that too? Are you?

I think cults take many different forms. The one that spread the coronavirus somewhere over in China was a cult, because he claimed to be Jesus and encourages them all to be together. I think disobeying our leaders during a pandemic can be like encouraging members to drink koolaid. At least very unwise. To call a church cult for supporting a president when the Bible says to pray for our leaders seems more unfair to me. I do try not to make judgements. But I heard what Enoch was saying in his statement. It was a very unwise thing to do.

Reactions: amadeus

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just want to mention I see today you werent just talking about Trump. It was just the first thing I saw. So I hear you and understand more what you are trying to say.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But part of me believes that God would care for His congregation if they assembled as a group. I do not pretend to know how God works. And I believe Christians are not immune to sickness.
It's just not Christians that are the concern (their destiny is secure), rather it is the unbelievers and seekers we should be concerned about, and if many of those contact the virus and fall ill, what kind of a witness to the outside world will we be in defying the wishes of our Govt?
Now it may be a whole different story if the government was targeting Churches/Christians, but they are not.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed, let us all sincerely pray for our secular leaders, including President Trump!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I went back and read your post. I think yesterday I read cult lavishly adoring Trump and just got angry all over again. I don't see that in evangelical churches. I do not like when I see church used for political motivation, but the president is just not the only one. The government in general does it. I think I'm tired of all the bickering and saw that statement and got angry. Usually when I "like" something, it is to bookmark what I read for one, but also to say "I hear you." I was getting tired and wasn't really "hearing" you the other day what you were really trying to say. There were a couple other posts I had completely missed yesterday too.

But just in general, tired of hearing how Trump is adored by cults and things when he has had the most criticism towards him then any other president. And right now, so many people are being effected by the coronavirus, and they are still complaining about Trump.

So sorry. I was a bit sharper then I usually am, but I wasn't hearing all you were saying.
We may agree. :) Thanks for clearing things up. I think it's sad when Christians can be so divided among themselves over politics. Now there are pro-Trump evangelicals and anti-Trump evangelicals? Is it worth it? I have friends and family who like Trump -- and I've no intention of spoiling my relationships with them just because I didn't vote for him. Presidents come and go. . . .

I have some good news from where I live. One of the local ministers got together with the owner of a drive-in movie theater; and he got other ministers involved too. My sister knew about it. She said different ministers plan to take turns speaking. You can't see the minister speaking, but when you turn on the radio in your car, you can hear him. I think she said they're also livestreaming the sermons for people at home. She said she and her husband will probably attend next Sunday.

As the coronavirus spreads, hundreds of worshippers flock to Newville’s Cumberland Drive-In for a church service

The coronavirus pandemic has forced places of worship to come up with alternative ways to serve their congregations. Because of government recommendations, most services have been canceled or at the very least, live-streamed to the masses.

But Newville Assembly of God Pastor Jeffrey Kettering and Cumberland Drive-In owner Jay Mowery had a different idea.

"When it comes to drastic situations, you have to think outside the box, Kettering said.
- - -
Kettering got together with Christian Life Community Church and Newville community churches and decided to host the first Church at the Drive-In.

Mowry provided the space and showed the church’s sound man how to hook up to the drive-in’s sound system so worshippers could listen to the service on their car radios. Vehicles flowed in, filling most of the paved spots in the lot. Church parishioners serving as parking attendants tried counting as the cars rolled in and estimated around 300 vehicles came through.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We may agree. :) Thanks for clearing things up. I think it's sad when Christians can be so divided among themselves over politics. Now there are pro-Trump evangelicals and anti-Trump evangelicals? Is it worth it? I have friends and family who like Trump -- and I've no intention of spoiling my relationships with them just because I didn't vote for him. Presidents come and go. . . .

I have some good news from where I live. One of the local ministers got together with the owner of a drive-in movie theater; and he got other ministers involved too. My sister knew about it. She said different ministers plan to take turns speaking. You can't see the minister speaking, but when you turn on the radio in your car, you can hear him. I think she said they're also livestreaming the sermons for people at home. She said she and her husband will probably attend next Sunday.

As the coronavirus spreads, hundreds of worshippers flock to Newville’s Cumberland Drive-In for a church service

The coronavirus pandemic has forced places of worship to come up with alternative ways to serve their congregations. Because of government recommendations, most services have been canceled or at the very least, live-streamed to the masses.

But Newville Assembly of God Pastor Jeffrey Kettering and Cumberland Drive-In owner Jay Mowery had a different idea.

"When it comes to drastic situations, you have to think outside the box, Kettering said.
- - -
Kettering got together with Christian Life Community Church and Newville community churches and decided to host the first Church at the Drive-In.

Mowry provided the space and showed the church’s sound man how to hook up to the drive-in’s sound system so worshippers could listen to the service on their car radios. Vehicles flowed in, filling most of the paved spots in the lot. Church parishioners serving as parking attendants tried counting as the cars rolled in and estimated around 300 vehicles came through.

Now that is pretty cool!!!! Our church along with other churches in the area are all livestreaming. And we have zoom Bible studies on Wednesday night.

And I am sad Christians divide on politics too. I have lost friends before who think I chose Trump over Jesus, so it can be a sensitive topic. But I was more thinking generally. That just got me the other night. Listen too much to those media press briefings I think. Lol.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I say the Christians should continue to meet with one another. We can do as much as the law allows but we must meet with each other. Be it only in small groups, doesn't matter. At least meet.

Our God can protect us. And if He doesn't, what would have protected us anyway?

Stranger

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it's amazing christian cannot past the home prision test, what if one was in a real prison? Revelation 2:10 "Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life".

being a prisioner in one's own home, and one as a christian cannot even "SUFFER" for ten day or more at home? what if one really get thrown into a real prison?

this virus will come and go. as the Lord Jesus said, Matthew 26:40 "And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?".

but as said, skype, tele-video or other medium can be used. there is a way, let the Lord reveal it to you.

but one's health is more important, if one Life is lost to stupidity, then they are the stupid one.

and no the church is not going out of existance, it will be here when you and all of us are gone or the the Lord Jesus returns before we die.

so fellowship via electronic device .... GREAT.

PICJAG.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it's amazing christian cannot past the home prision test, what if one was in a real prison? Revelation 2:10 "Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life".

being a prisioner in one's own home, and one as a christian cannot even "SUFFER" for ten day or more at home? what if one really get thrown into a real prison?

this virus will come and go. as the Lord Jesus said, Matthew 26:40 "And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?".

but as said, skype, tele-video or other medium can be used. there is a way, let the Lord reveal it to you.

but one's health is more important, if one Life is lost to stupidity, then they are the stupid one.

and no the church is not going out of existance, it will be here when you and all of us are gone or the the Lord Jesus returns before we die.

so fellowship via electronic device .... GREAT.

PICJAG.
In a word...We are pandered LOL.

Huperetes

Dec 10, 2019
Millington
www.grex.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the whole "Covid 19" situation is being blown out of proportion. While the virus does present some serious cause for concern it is not the black death or a plague of Revelation like is has been whipped up to be. There wasn't massive shutdowns and quarantines in 2009 when the swine flu epidemic was raging. There were 1.4 BILLION cases with over 500,000 MILLION deaths. Was it whipped up into a froth of paranoia? Do you even remember it being a concern that effected your daily life? My point is this..the deep state is using this pandemic as a means to determine how extensive it's control is over the general populace. I APPLAUD the church that met and defied the media induced frenzy. PRAISE THE LORD!
***disclaimer: caps and enlarged print used for emphasis only ***

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi Mayflower,
You have good questions and observations. I too had thought of the "gathering together" in all of this and you are correct, the computer will not cut it. Could this be the beginning of the great falling away?
As far as that pastor who decided to allow hundreds to gather, I think he was being foolish and not thinking rationally, that is only my opinion. We need to have wisdom and discernment not just for spiritual things but for common sense decisions on this earth. I do hope all of this will pass. I do so miss my small group as well as services. When you gonna pop dat bouncing baby man! Lol...it will be a boy, yes? I don't even remember if you had your gender party ..lol.
It would really suck to be that pastor if several over 70s in his church got the virus and died!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi yall! So I have been off for awhile, because prego has been resting and watching what she is looking at. But I'm at home more now since the preschool has a lot less children then we usually do, so I thought I would hop back on here, and have been lurking. I hope everyone is doing okay!

Anyway, I read this interesting article tonight on a church that defied orders and had church service with hundreds and wondered yalls thoughts about it. Both churches I like attending have gone online for awhile, and it was a great blessing today! But part of me believes that God would care for His congregation if they assembled as a group. I do not pretend to know how God works. And I believe Christians are not immune to sickness. Look at Job. God allowed that hedge of protection to be removed in his case. But if this starts becoming a new "normal", I don't think online counts in the long run. We are not to forsake the assembly of the saints! We definitely need each other. I think it is wise to adhere to our leaders and be safe. But at the same time, this can easily become an excuse to stop assembly all together. I trust God in this situation, but was just curious of what y'all thought about it. I love all the different types of thinkers on here from all walks of faith!!!!

Police show up at Louisiana church that was defying coronavirus state order
I believe that there are times for Christians to defy the ruling powers, but only when the request compromises their Christian convictions.
Outside of that, to not comply with a state order, because they feel that their faith shall incapacitate the threat, even I won't accept or trust such a testimony.
God is great, all powerful and all loving, but to have the required level of devotion that will allow God to act on one's behalf, in such a precarious situation, as that of Gideon, David or Daniel, is something that too many people boast about, or act recklessly about, in the name of faith, but come to their destruction.

I don't believe that fellowship or congregating in the name of Christ, is a divine mandate for a Christian. Therefore, there is no justification in breaking the law over it. Especially when the Word is near you, in your heart and in your mouth (Deuteronomy 30:14)

Last edited:

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe there is another illness infecting Anerica.... Cabin Fever! I went to the Blacksburg Sweet Frog and was told that the lady would have to fix up my frozen yogurt and I would have to eat it on my motorcycle outside!