Church of England ... oh dear ...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Peltast

Dec 26, 2011
The Church of England cares about race. Members of the General Synod are to be asked to support an amendment to discipline measures making it "unbecoming" or "inappropriate" conduct for clergy to be members of a political party with policies and activities declared "incompatible" with Church teaching on race equality.

Right, okay, so we get the point. Race is a big issue for the CofE. Race is of course mentioned in the Bible - both the races that we run, and the human race.

But it seems that the CofE lacks interest in many other areas of policy. There is no mention in this amendment of political parties which condone war, abortion, gambling, mendacity, and so on.

What is God thinking?

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
The Church of E is still just going down hill like all the other Protestants with there pushing of worldly nonsense.
Trying to be popular and trendy but it will not work, as it is the sad falling to the end for the poor deluded fools.
We now are making a political correct god for ourselves to use as we please. after all look how far we have come. -_-

Jul 6, 2011
Yes the CofE is getting too much in the world's thinking and not the Kingdom.
There would be big scriptural questions for anyone in line with the BNP's philosophy as to indicate the member may be a false teacher, there should be no need for this, especially at the same time the CofE allows groups whose raison d'etre is the false teaching of homosexuality, groups like ChangingAttitude etc.

And yes the point about political parties which support abortion, gambling etc, thats most of the leading parties.

Winnetou

Jul 7, 2012
The CofE has proved in the past that she is courageous. She has lifted e.g. the ban of female priests which was discussed very controversially in the CofE. Some have left the CofE because of this. Also for the homosexuality topic she is liberal.
It seems to me to be a basic problem here that a minority wants to dictate to the majority in the CofE what they would have to think, to believe and to do. It is the old fight always returning, however, between the fundamentalists and the liberal one.
If we look at the Bible, and here particularly the NT; we state, that at the beginning it was far away it to exclude women from the spiritual office that the early Church. This developed only in later generations.Women were: Deaconesses (until the 6th century), apostle, leaders of a house church (the first form of the church life) and missionaries.

Jul 6, 2011
Winnetou,
The CofE has proved in the past that she is courageous. She has lifted e.g. the ban of female priests which was discussed very controversially in the CofE. Some have left the CofE because of this.
Yes it is a shame. Whilst on balance I am probably in favour of women in leadership from all the scripture holistically. I am not happy that the change is causing people to leave and not happy with some of the reasons for it from apostate liberals.
Also for the homosexuality topic she is liberal.
Which is apostate.
It seems to me to be a basic problem here that a minority wants to dictate to the majority in the CofE what they would have to think, to believe and to do. It is the old fight always returning, however, between the fundamentalists and the liberal one.
Well then liberals want to dictate to the majority on the issue of homosexuality
If we look at the Bible, and here particularly the NT; we state, that at the beginning it was far away it to exclude women from the spiritual office that the early Church. This developed only in later generations.Women were: Deaconesses (until the 6th century), apostle, leaders of a house church (the first form of the church life) and missionaries.
If we look at the Bible we should do so in context and holistically.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The Church of E is still just going down hill like all the other Protestants with there pushing of worldly nonsense.
Trying to be popular and trendy but it will not work, as it is the sad falling to the end for the poor deluded fools.
We now are making a political correct god for ourselves to use as we please. after all look how far we have come. -_-

These are the children of Sodom and Ichabod who seek to make men twice as fit for hell as they are themselves.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
One cant get more wrong than this. What did they say at Sodom, get out of our way or we will treat you worse.

One can get more wrong....when one fails to mention the children of Ichabod as well.

Why has the spirit departed from the church? For decades the church has sought, wrongly so, to make God more relevant to the masses. In the execution of that effort they have been wrong. They've been so wrong, in fact, that the church is today teetering on the verge of extinction. Europe is now a secular society and regular attendance at American churches is 17% of 1948 levels. Publications and critics across the land state clearly that Protestantism is in a process of self-destruction. The reason is that there is no standard and the reason there is no standard is that these institutions have forgotten to put God first, if not forgetting Him altogether. Protestant Christianity, especially the Anglican brand, is more like atheist Buddhism than dynamic first century Christianity.

I was personally invited to leave the Episcopal church for declaring that Jesus is the only way to salvation*. So I did and I've never gone back.

Everything Jesus taught and everything the apostles wrote was to make man relevant to God. The Almighty is at the apex of morality, salvation and providence. Knowing that, understanding that, and experiencing that in our lives causes us to fall to our knees in appreciation, thanksgiving and dare I say - love. Love is selfless and kind. It does not dictate terms to the loved One and it does not demand that the loved One bow down to us.

This is exactly the point of failure of modern philosophy that seeks to make God relevant to man - to bring God down to man. It is the focus of Jesus Christ to make man relevant to God, to bring man up to God. Before we can do that, it must be recognized that God's ways are not man's ways and that all of God's works are good and right and just.

If any man fails to put God first he will never see the Kingdom of God.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

(*) The invitation was presented to me by a bishop, the chairman of the council of ministry and the dean of a prominent seminary.

Jul 6, 2011
Hi rjp
I was personally invited to leave the Episcopal church for declaring that Jesus is the only way to salvation*. So I did and I've never gone back.
good for you, let them ponse up and down in vestements. There is nothing new under the sun. I note in Judges 17 they thought that if they had a levite as a priest at a shrone of idols the God would bless them . They clealry really thought this.
We need to pray for people caught in this falsehood people, not only is it danger of leading to the eternal death they dont believe in, but leading others astray on the same road as well.

day

Aug 2, 2012
Idaho, USA
So what is the answer, do we try to reform the church from within or is it time to "Come out of her my people" ? If it is to come out how do we not end up just another denomination? Every church has serious issues - Catholic, Orthodox, Protestant - all condone some form of idolatry or immorality. What do you suggest?

Jul 6, 2011
[sub]Hi day, [/sub]
[sub]Well the RC church has the ability to remove priests from its church, the Anglican Communion doesnt. Therefore the revisionists and false teachers simply tell the believers to leave if they dont like it (the tail wagging the dog) [/sub]
[sub]So in practice those under a false teacher as a vicar/priest or even bishop should ignore them with regards the Anglican Communion's overall positions (noting that all authority has been given to Christ for believers to act, Matthew 28) and continue to share and preach the truth. What happens as we see with the ECUSA is that the false teachers oust the believers. So what, the Kingdom still advances. [/sub]
[sub]But the point is one cant compromise with these people. [/sub]

Axehead

May 9, 2012
So what is the answer, do we try to reform the church from within or is it time to "Come out of her my people" ? If it is to come out how do we not end up just another denomination? Every church has serious issues - Catholic, Orthodox, Protestant - all condone some form of idolatry or immorality. What do you suggest?

It's time to come out. Why argue with Jesus?

Why don't we just go where Jesus is?

Heb 13:12 Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.
Heb 13:13 Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach.

What was inside the gate, inside the camp? They represent the "City" of earthly Jerusalem and what do earthly cities represent? All the worldly, man-made institutions are within their "cities/camps".
Heb 13:14 For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.

The Religious System and Political System (False Prophet and the Beast) pushed Jesus outside of their city/camp, outside the gate.

If you want Jesus, you won't find Him inside the "Camp". The Word says, to "go forth therefore UNTO HIM WITHOUT THE CAMP".

Even Jesus Himself could not reform that which was inside the city/camp. If you try to reform the "camp", you will be pushed outside of it, just like Jesus.

If you don't believe me, try it. You won't be able to do what He could not do. But, He did not come to REFORM men's systems, anyway.

He gives us a NEW HEART, NEW WINESKIN.

Time to come out of MAN'S CITY!
Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Axehead