Church of Mammon/ Church of Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

servant_of_the_end

Jul 15, 2006
The shift from the intent of what the church was to be is lost on most. The church is the body of Christ, and NOT a building. You have rightly identified the focus of the common assembly of deluded christian PASTORS who think the church is a prosperity ridden building that houses the blab-it-and-grab-it crowd of mammon grubbing reprobates who find solice in fine inspirational and repentence insiring music as they seek forgiveness and sometimes weep for their sins of the past week.I once used to watch a TV preacher who would not disclose his appropiations, nor facilitate the federal government their duty, but rather paid taxes on his building and preached that Ceasar must be given what was due him. He was not of those who give in to the notion of accepting tax free status, and by it was not to be heralded or sheparded by the code of regulations that is custom on those who adhere to the movers of mammon. This acceptance of perceived gratuitiousness on behalf of the American federal government was seen, by him, as a trap; and so it is. And for his stance was persecuted by the 'authorites' for his non-compliance. His flock will not be bound to any orders of compliance that can be extorted by a threat of losing tax-free status. At one time in my life I was an 'administrator' and licensed 'minister' in a group of well established fellowships. This was short lived, since being a servant, I cannot abide by traditions and bylaws that foist an attitude of duty that concludes in growth that demands growth for the sake of mammons growth. The focus for all that wish to minister the gospel is to dissiminate truth for truths sake. Not for the offering, but for the souls and for the kingdom of God.

ROS777

Sep 21, 2006
I agree, servant, about the properity preachers.They are predators. They prey on people that are on fixed incomes or the poor and people really think those preachers are from God.I wouldn't blame the people watching those programs; the local church most often doesn't teach the Bible word for word, subject and object with understanding. If they do quote a phrase out of the Bible; it's 10 seconds of Bible verse and 30+ minutes of blah, blah, blah.The pastor thinks he's a " star " along with the rest of those " in charge" and it's a cold and unfriendly church.I'm generalizing, but that has been my experience.