I am awful at saving money, please pray for me (slowly?)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So I know the verse "if you are not faithful in unrighteous mammon, who will trust you with the true riches?" but I am awful at living it out!

Please pray that I learn to save? I think I really should be setting money aside, but discipline to do so is really hard.

The point is that money is for this life, by way of example to the next. Somehow I need to appreciate the opportunity for God to be praised, concerning money.

God bless.

Reactions: Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

So I know the verse "if you are not faithful in unrighteous mammon, who will trust you with the true riches?" but I am awful at living it out!

Please pray that I learn to save? I think I really should be setting money aside, but discipline to do so is really hard.

The point is that money is for this life, by way of example to the next. Somehow I need to appreciate the opportunity for God to be praised, concerning money.

God bless.
It's good to save because if you have an emergency (doctors, refrigerator breaking, etc), then you will be able to pay those bills more easily.

Also, I don't know how old you are, but it's important to set aside something for your retirement. Social Security isn't very much.

Oh, just noticed you are in Australia....

Praying.

Reactions: Gottservant

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Compounding interest online calculators can be inspiring.

The simplest approach is taking the smallest step. So maybe just schedule an appointment with an advisor and forget about it. Let it be that easy.