Church tithing challenge

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“Life Church, the largest church in America led by pastor Greg Groeschel, is encouraging individuals to participate in a tithing challenge that promises a 100 percent money back guarantee’ if you ‘don’t see God’s blessings in your life.’ …”

Would you, the reader, participate in such a challenge? Why or why not?

• Sad
Reactions: ButterflyJones

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
op: tithing challenge - would I participate?
No:

a) there is No 'tithe' today, Under Grace,

B) We are to get the Gospel Of Grace to the lost, and then teach them, in salvation and new birth:

Eph 1:3 "Blessed be the God and Father of our LORD Jesus Christ, Who
hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ," which:​
c) Has nothing to do with money.

Amen.

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Life Church, the largest church in America led by pastor Greg Groeschel, is encouraging individuals to participate in a tithing challenge that promises a 100 percent money back guarantee’ if you ‘don’t see God’s blessings in your life.’ …”

Would you, the reader, participate in such a challenge? Why or why not?
I. E pay God! He'll return the favor.

I would leave a church if a pastor said this from his place in the pulpit. During the service so to make the point.

Prosperity Doctrine is teaching God can be bought and pays you back for the monies you pay him.

That's the church of Satan. Not the church of God.

I know of a church someone I worked with considered joining until they informed him they had a new member policy.

You didn't just join this church. You had to apply to join. Part of the application process was to bring a copy of your W-2.

Why?

So they would know how much of your 10% of your tithe to expect every Sunday. Members were issued envelopes with their name printed on them so they could drop that in the offering plate each Sunday.

Miss a Sunday?

No problem. They mail you a bill.

Just like Jesus did. o_O :watching and waiting:

Reactions: amigo de christo

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Would you, the reader, participate in such a challenge? Why or why not
How we give and what we give is between us and God. Yes our bank sees our giving, yes the treasurer also knows but that should be all.

How do they proposed to quantify how God has blessed you.
As the time frame is in one's lifetime who keeps the record of giving and who quantifies the blessings?

Personally if my minister made such a crass statement I would talk to him and if it wasn't publicly taken back I'd leave.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I wrote a paper in college making a case against tithing. I received an excellent grade on the paper, but the professor wasn’t persuaded. (His modest salary as a pastor depended on the tithes of others.)