Clarification needed please

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Can an admin or mod let me know if CyB is only for people who believe Jesus is God?
If it is, then I'm out of place here because I don't believe he was God, and shall get on my bike..:)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can an admin or mod let me know if CyB is only for people who believe Jesus is God?
If it is, then I'm out of place here because I don't believe he was God, and shall get on my bike..:)
No Drop, the forum itself, in our statement of faith say's what the owner of the site believes, personally. We have many denominations as members.
The "new rule" is not only the trinity but, the "side mantra" that Jesus is not God:

"
This topic (Trinity) may not be initiated, discussed or debated at Christianity Board, whether it be for or against the Trinitarian view. Included in this is the side mantra of "Jesus is not God" Such posts/threads will be deleted immediately, and disciplinary action will be taken in the form of warning points and/or bans depending on the outcome. Old threads will also be removed from public view as well as new ones."

It is not clear to me if the "Jesus is not God" is also "for or against."
@Angelina @lforrest @Heart2Soul @Rita ??

Reactions: Heart2Soul and Rita

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Good question. We have many members who do not believe Jesus is God, and many that do believe.

If anything is prohibited for a time it is topics for discussion, not the beliefs we hold.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks but I'm still not clear whether we're allowed to discuss the Trinity or whether Jesus was God.
Is this a free speech forum or not?..;)

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks but I'm still not clear whether we're allowed to discuss the Trinity or whether Jesus was God.
Here is the rule ...

Christianity Board has always prided itself in being a place of scholarly discussion, friendship and an environment where members can grow, learn and share their experiences in Christ.​
Our team at Cyb have worked hard over the years to ensure that this ethos is maintained and upheld however, we would like to bring to your attention, certain recurring topics, that have caused much division and strife here over the years.​
These topics have tended to cause heated debate, strife and division between members and/or inappropriate behavior within those discussions, which simply will not be tolerated here at CyB​
We are not disputing the fact that these topics are important however, they also tend to bring out the worse in members. To a point where such behavior is unacceptable in a Christian forum​
At the moment, we only have issue with one particular topic, which is "The Trinity".
This topic may not be initiated, discussed or debated at Christianity Board, whether it be for or against the Trinitarian view. Included in this is the side mantra of "Jesus is not God" Such posts/threads will be deleted immediately and disciplinary action will be taken in the form of warning points and/or bans depending on the outcome. Old threads will also be removed from public view as well as new ones.
Please Note: This does not include the 3 non-christian sections however, rules of engagement still apply for all members there.
Thank You​
May you be blessed mightly here at Chrisitianity Board​
The Christianity Board Moderating Team

... that seems clear to me.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  • Slander
  • Libel
  • Defamation of Character
  • Inciting to Riot
... just a short list of "free speech" that is prohibited.

For Christians:
You say, "I am allowed to do anything"--but not everything is good for you. You say, "I am allowed to do anything"--but not everything is beneficial. Don't be concerned for your own good but for the good of others.
[1 Corinthians 10:23-24 NLT]​

Reactions: Nancy and marks

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
It should be clear from the statement of Faith, this is officially a Trinity affirming community. So we believe Jesus was and is God. But we don't force all our members to be of like mind.

I've long sense abandoned the vision of this being a bastion for free speech. The Trinity is still a prohibited topic.