Clock off.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus never imparted peace, joy or contentment in my 14 year's of my Christianity. Everything the Bible promised me as a believer never came to pass. In the end I had to give it all up and find my own peace and contentment.

Were you ever baptized in the Holy Spirit? Have you ever received the spiritual gift of speaking in tongues as a sign of being baptized in the Holy Spirit? Baptism in the Holy Spirit is vital for every Christian and the experience of Pentecost that comes with it is very important too, if not ask Jesus to baptize you with his Holy Spirit, ask him to flood you with his Spirit, peace and joy, ask him to give you a personal experience of Pentecost, ask him to give you the gift of speaking in tongues, I pray these things for you too.

If you have, than you need the fire to be re-ignited, the awesome excitement you once had when you 1st became a Christian, in that case ask Jesus to baptize you a fresh with his Spirit, to renew you like never before, ask him to give you that excitement once again, ask him to fill you with his peace and joy, ask him to reignite your gift of speaking in tongues, ask him to give you a personal experience of Pentecost once again. In Jesus name Amen.

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus never imparted peace, joy or contentment in my 14 year's of my Christianity. Everything the Bible promised me as a believer never came to pass. In the end I had to give it all up and find my own peace and contentment.

So the idea of being forgiven and reconciled to your maker didn't bring you contentment? I think maybe you were seeking the wrong kind of contentment.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

A whole 14 years of life eh.

One thing everyone seems to forget is that God is not a Santa Clause where we say- "I have been a good girl, so give me what I want."

Reactions: pia

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
So the idea of being forgiven and reconciled to your maker didn't bring you contentment? I think maybe you were seeking the wrong kind of contentment.
Not when I had to believe it, no, I could never prove that I was forgiven. I just had to take it all on faith, I'd have to believe and leave my brain at the door.

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not when I had to believe it, no, I could never prove that I was forgiven. I just had to take it all on faith, I'd have to believe and leave my brain at the door.

Faith plays an integral role in salvation. Faith is the instrument by which we are forgiven. What kind of proof are you looking for?

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Faith plays an integral role in salvation. Faith is the instrument by which we are forgiven. What kind of proof are you looking for?
Empirical evidence, that can't be dismissed by me or anyone. The kind of proof that unifies all believers into one body, rather than break them all up into squabbling faction's.

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Empirical evidence, that can't be dismissed by me or anyone. The kind of proof that unifies all believers into one body, rather than break them all up into squabbling faction's.

Just to clarify... are you looking for empirical evidence of forgiveness or the Biblical claims regarding Christ's life and work?

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
A whole 14 years of life eh.

One thing everyone seems to forget is that God is not a Santa Clause where we say- "I have been a good girl, so give me what I want."
This is not about that, it's about the Bible making promises to the believer that doesn't get met. Giving certainties that some experience and other's don't. I keep running into Christians who have nothing but disharmony with their faith, and other Christians who have all the harmony in the world. Both types believe and have faith, but they are effected differently. It's as if the concepts that people take away from the Bible doesn't work in the same way.

The Christian's who say they have peace, joy, love and contentment seem to think that the Christian's who don't experience the same experiences are not doing the right things. The Christian's who aren't experiencing the right thing's think that God is not giving them what he promises in the Bible.

I've heard many Christian's say " You can trust the promises of God "

Can I now.

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Just to clarify... are you looking for empirical evidence of forgiveness or the Biblical claims regarding Christ's life and work?
The Bible should prove itself by the fact that by applying it's methods will have the same effect on people across the board. Not this hit and miss afair that I see that Christian's experience. I did all the right thing's, asked Jesus for his spirit, repented, humbly excepted the Bible, believed to the best of my ability. But something went horribly wrong for me, it was like I took a poison pill, and what was meant to cure me made me more sick.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Project Panda
Your opening posts say " so many questions" blah blah blah...

But lets be honest , you have already made up your mind about God, the bible, and Christians. You haven't really got any questions, obviously you just signed into this site to moan and complain about God.

Well, be my guessed..you are very free to do that.

Have a good day.

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
@Project Panda
Your opening posts say " so many questions" blah blah blah...

But lets be honest , you have already made up your mind about God, the bible, and Christians. You haven't really got any questions, obviously you just signed into this site to moan and complain about God.

Well, be my guessed..you are very free to do that.

Have a good day.
You too.

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible should prove itself by the fact that by applying it's methods will have the same effect on people across the board. Not this hit and miss afair that I see that Christian's experience. I did all the right thing's, asked Jesus for his spirit, repented, humbly excepted the Bible, believed to the best of my ability. But something went horribly wrong for me, it was like I took a poison pill, and what was meant to cure me made me more sick.

Maybe a concrete example of your experience would be helpful.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just never acquired victory in Jesus.
What do you want to do then? Do you want to believe in the son of God and what he did for you and me? What is the next step for you? You know that giving your life to Christ is a life-long commitment? Do you want to make this commitment or not?
Speak your mind...I'm listening

Reactions: pia

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian

I know my boss from work, he has kids and they also know him, he has neighbors and friends who know him as well. Does he treat his friends the same way as his kids or underlings? No, the relationship determines the interaction.

What do you mean by "what was meant to cure me made me more sick."

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Maybe a concrete example of your experience would be helpful.
If you look and do some research on this, you'll be faced with many testimonies of Christian's who can't seem to conquer certain issues that plague them. The common response to those Christian's is to put the blame on their faith (Or lack of it) They haven't prayed enough, they're not using the Bible properly, their not trusting in Jesus and his power.

Here's a concrete example.

Jesus never cured my schizophrenia, no matter how much I prayed, no matter what Bible verse I used to combat the voice's, no matter how much faith I had in Jesus power to conquer my illness, it still persisted.

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
What do you want to do then? Do you want to believe in the son of God and what he did for you and me? What is the next step for you? You know that giving your life to Christ is a life-long commitment? Do you want to make this commitment or not?
Speak your mind...I'm listening
I thought I already tried that.

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I know my boss from work, he has kids and they also know him, he has neighbors and friends who know him as well. Does he treat his friends the same way as his kids or underlings? No, the relationship determines the interaction.

What do you mean by "what was meant to cure me made me more sick."
Deuteronomy 10:17
17For the LORD your God is God of gods and LORD of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality and accepts no bribes.