Clock off.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I do not think your schizophrenia is a judgement. I will pray for your long awaited cure.
I already prayed, if Jesus didn't act on behalf of my prayers, why would he act on yours. I'm sure I've had lot's of people pray for me, but alas I am still effected.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just never acquired victory in Jesus.

I asked because I can relate to much of what you said in your most recent posts. I'm not sure which promises you mean but I had promises posted all over my house and claimed them every day. But everything got worse. I'd always been told by others what the promises meant. One day I pulled one off the wall and actually read it for myself, in context, and I started asking Him about verses instead of relying on what I had been told it says. I am truly interested in what you are saying because I get the "what was meant to cure me made me more sick". I found this thread(correction: forum)in the beginning because I typed in google's search "God destroyed my life" and it led me to a thread here.

Do you have peace and joy now? On your own?

Last edited:

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's a concrete example.

Jesus never cured my schizophrenia, no matter how much I prayed, no matter what Bible verse I used to combat the voice's, no matter how much faith I had in Jesus power to conquer my illness, it still persisted.

We are never promised perfection in this life. Jesus himself warned that in this life we will have tribulation. Here is an example straight from the life of the Apostle Paul:

2Co 12:7 So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited.
2Co 12:8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me.
2Co 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2Co 12:10 For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

What you need to realize is that we all have our peculiar struggles and we will have trouble in this world. I can't tell you why God has allowed you to bear your particular cross, but keeping in mind Paul's example, I think it's clear that God continues to extend his grace to you or you wouldn't be here now.

Reactions: Helen

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
We are never promised perfection in this life. Jesus himself warned that in this life we will have tribulation. Here is an example straight from the life of the Apostle Paul:

2Co 12:7 So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited.
2Co 12:8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me.
2Co 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2Co 12:10 For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

What you need to realize is that we all have our peculiar struggles and we will have trouble in this world. I can't tell you why God has allowed you to bear your particular cross, but keeping in mind Paul's example, I think it's clear that God continues to extend his grace to you or you wouldn't be here now.
That's a bit of a blanket statement "If some healing doesn't come, then it must be for the good of God"
He leaves me with my illness so I'll become more humble, and depend on him more. Well that's not what happened to me, it had the opposite effect.

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, if a doctor had the cure for your illnesses but kept it from you, how would you feel about that doctor?

I'm not unfamiliar with life-long physical issues, so I would never try to minimize your suffering. I'm sure your suffering is very real. But Scripture is clear. We may be called to endure physical suffering even if we don't understand why. However, we all enter this world with a problem much bigger than any physical suffering could possibly be. Without Christ, we stand before God as condemned rebels. Will you allow tribulation here and now to harden you against the grace of God in Christ? Will you walk away from eternal life because you're angry with God?

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I'm not unfamiliar with life-long physical issues, so I would never try to minimize your suffering. I'm sure your suffering is very real. But Scripture is clear. We may be called to endure physical suffering even if we don't understand why. However, we all enter this world with a problem much bigger than any physical suffering could possibly be. Without Christ, we stand before God as condemned rebels. Will you allow tribulation here and now to harden you against the grace of God in Christ? Will you walk away from eternal life because you're angry with God?
th.jpg
Denial: Help me with my unbelief Jesus.

Anger: Why do Christian's judge me?

Bargaining: Jesus will not leave me nor forsake me.

Depression: Why can't I feel Jesus spirit anymore?

Acceptance: "Are you a Christian?" No.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
All accounts of Jesus death, burial and resurrection are documented far later than the actual events. There are no known eye witnesses who have written an account of Jesus life, teachings, miracles or resurrection. The gospels are not actually written by the author's of the book's themselves, even biblical scholar's say they don't know who wrote the four gospels.

Try again, even Bert Enhrman, an atheist historian accepts that the gospels are accurate historical documents written by eyewitnesses.

Even if the gospels were written by those who were not eyewitnesses, they have produced documents that accuratly record life in the first centuary. A historian investigating the middle east concluded that Luke is a historian of the first order, always accurate.
Look up William Michael Ramsay and see what he wrote about the accuracy of Luke and Acts.

But what of your problem, what caused the universe to be? Something did it, what was it?
You can honestly say that you don't know.

But that then means it is up to you to investigate the alternatives.

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Try again, even Bert Enhrman, an atheist historian accepts that the gospels are accurate historical documents written by eyewitnesses.

Even if the gospels were written by those who were not eyewitnesses, they have produced documents that accuratly record life in the first centuary. A historian investigating the middle east concluded that Luke is a historian of the first order, always accurate.
Look up William Michael Ramsay and see what he wrote about the accuracy of Luke and Acts.

But what of your problem, what caused the universe to be? Something did it, what was it?
You can honestly say that you don't know.

But that then means it is up to you to investigate the alternatives.
He said it was written by wealthy Greeks, most likely with an agenda.
He also says that the Gospels are riddled with inconsistencies & contradiction's.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean you believe it so, to actually know something is entirely different.
I wouldn't say to you that "I believe the earth is round" I'd say I know that the earth is round.

I say to you I know Jesus Christ is the Son of God and Saviour and that He rose from the dead. I don't just believe, I know.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The issue I had with this person was that if he took the time to know me, he would have discovered that I was a believing Christian for 14 year's of my life. But he didn't, he just acted like I hadn't heard the gospel at all, and that he alone had the magic touch.
not sure how anyone got "axe to grind" from this, it happens quite a lot here too i guess

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Empirical evidence, that can't be dismissed by me or anyone. The kind of proof that unifies all believers into one body, rather than break them all up into squabbling faction's.
fwiw it's out there, and in the Bible too, believe it or not
you just have to look in a different place

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The Bible should prove itself by the fact that by applying it's methods will have the same effect on people across the board. Not this hit and miss afair that I see that Christian's experience. I did all the right thing's, asked Jesus for his spirit, repented, humbly excepted the Bible, believed to the best of my ability. But something went horribly wrong for me, it was like I took a poison pill, and what was meant to cure me made me more sick.
this is described in the Bible too, the reasons you got more sick, everything.
@ "twice the son of hell you are" and "seven worse spirits." oh and i guess
"if the blind lead the blind, they both fall into a ditch,"
although it looks like you avoided that one

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I already prayed, if Jesus didn't act on behalf of my prayers, why would he act on yours. I'm sure I've had lot's of people pray for me, but alas I am still effected.
ya, praying to God as santa claus won't work. I mean, until you find a faith healer walking into a hospital at least lol

i know the wolves will rush in as soon as i leave, not sparing the flock

a few ppl here have realized they were raised by wolves, you'll find them i guess
we have some wolves too though, a good mix here imo